Show Off Your Stationery

Jane

20 hours ago, JenL said:

But at least I'm not alone in my problems?!

Reading all our #stationeryproblems, maybe I should rename this thread to Support Group for Stationery Lovers? :eeeee:

20 hours ago, JenL said:

This is all so relatable! I try to have travel journals but end up not finishing them too. I tend to go hard when travelling (ie. we get back to the hotel at like 2am and so there's noooo time to write!

Yes, exactly! And then I think, "oh I will do this while at a cafe or on the train to the next city." But of course it never happens! 

19 hours ago, SilverMoonTea said:

Glad to announce that I don't have as many as @JenL@Jane. Actually I also suspect this will not finished in all of my lifetime

I am surprised, Miss SilverMoonTea! You need to rectify this problem immediately! But it's true that I have yet to finish up a roll of washi tape, some of these I have had for yearssss! But this year, I vow to more free with the solid colour tapes since they are so easy to get now!

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

On 5/22/2021 at 12:45 AM, mademoiselle said:

Wait, you actually brought a journal with you on your trip? I'd leave that at home in exchange for less weight and more space, hahaha! I did start a small notebook for expenses in the beginning when phone apps were not that widely used yet but once there's electronic apps for journal and expense book-keeping, I moved to that.

Hahaha I always bring a journal or notebook but forget to write or get too tired :letalQQ: But my notebook did come in handy when I was in Korea because they love to have tourist collectible stamps so sometimes I just used the notebook to collect my location stamps :BulbaOWO:

Expenses? What is that? :laugh: I just use my notebooks to write about my experiences...I just go on holidays to use all my monies :pandatakeit:

On 5/22/2021 at 11:45 AM, Tofu said:

Question: Do you use a paper planner or an electronic planner? I use both and I'm a bit picky on the format of the paper planner I use. I like the ones with the appointment times because of how many meetings I have weekly. One time I got a planner as a gift and I had no idea what to do with it because the layout was not one I liked. 

Paper! I like the act or writing more than typing. I think it's more fun. And I can make it look cute :pandahehe: But I agree - you need to find a format that works to your style otherwise you don't end up using it correctly and it becomes a lot of work. I like calendar format and usually like A5 size. A lot of people think that's weird but I need monthly view to plan ahead. Weekly view feels too fast!

On 5/22/2021 at 12:21 PM, SilverMoonTea said:

Ahahaa I also got colouring book that I never finish doing. I'll show you some other day... You're right, don't bother to buy. 

Oh man, I have so many colouring books too! :pandascared: None finished of course!

sYTvDmY.jpg

On 5/23/2021 at 5:02 PM, mademoiselle said:

I will check out Frixion pens in the near future when I need new blue pens. Pilot pens have been a long time trust-worthy personal preference for ink pens. I've recently bought Pilot black, blue and red gel pens to use. Unfortunately the blue gel pen didn't go well with the paper at work. The ink tends to seep through or spread. I don't like when ink does that.

Yeah, totally agree - not a fan of spreading ink or when the ink is too wet. Fast drying is best, especially if you're writing a lot. It's good coz it doesn't smudge! Hehe, black, blue and red sound so professional...I'm buying all the rainbow colours and forcing them on my workplace :laugh: But not much force is required since all my workmates come to play with/ borrow pens from me :idk:

I have a fair few Tarepanda letter pads etc. Tarependa I don't think is no longer sold or easily found so I think it would probably worth something in the future LOL LOL.

Oooh Tarepanda was so cute! Whatever happened to it? Was it retired as a stationery character? 

LOL. That's like me hoping one day my Harry Potter collection will earn me some extra pension :eeeee:

This will probably make you rich! Too bad I sold my collection a few years ago only for $50 :laugh:

On 5/23/2021 at 8:09 PM, Jane said:

Jen! I have that same coloured dots tape! Wow, I can really tell the kind of tape design you gravitate to.

Yes! We have a few tapes that are the same :wow: I love that peach and gold MT tape too....haha, my taste is pretty colours? :laugh:

On 5/23/2021 at 8:09 PM, Jane said:

My humble washi tape collection (before I started hauling on Shopee).

Whoa soooo neat!! :wow: And a very nice collection! I see you really like plant prints @Jane :BulbaOWO:

Edited by JenL
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

Currently watching: Doctor Slump // Queen of Tears // The Impossible Heir

Current Obsessions: ❤ Lee Jae wook // Park Hyung Sik // Yoon Park

Podcast: These Dramatic Days

On 5/23/2021 at 9:24 PM, Chocolate said:

This thread is so funny! When I saw the title, I just had to come in and take a look. You gals are like 12 yo 🤣🤣🤣

Haha nothing wrong with some colour and patterns and cuteness in life. Especially when you're an adult and everything has to be boring anyway! :niu: 

But I can also play your game and have 'sophisticated and plain' stationary - I don't discriminate :smug: These are some of my US/ Japan notebooks. Rifle Paper Co, Kunisawa and Midori

otKaYgN.jpg

On 5/23/2021 at 9:24 PM, Chocolate said:

Many things I had to google from reading your posts.

Bujo was one of them. It brought me here. **whistle** will definitely check this out.

Thanks for this site. I really like the aesthetic. Actually I love how good at diary writing / scrapbooking people are :BulbaOWO: I always see the beautiful bullet journals and clean perfectly coloured coded study notes of kids these days on Instagram and I'm in awe :wow:

On 5/23/2021 at 10:10 PM, MayanEcho said:

Those pens look so pretty to use for writing and lettering @JenL. 🤩 

I've had to hide several sets of coloring pencils and even the A4 rims because the kiddos would make short work of those items. Granted, they're drawing and painting way much better than I do now, hahaha! Lately though they're into digital drawing...LOL, one of them has followers of more than 300 for her digital art and design works.

Oooh Thank you. Yes, I love my pens. There are many more, but not sure if I should post because you might all be very scared of how many pens I have :eeeee:

Haha yeah, I feel like kids are drawn to nice stationery and will help you use so it's probably hard to keep it around long term. But it sounds like your kids are talented! 300 followers for an art accounts is a lot! People must like seeing their work :CharmanderYay:

On 5/23/2021 at 10:51 PM, Jane said:

It's a great method! With it, I can combine schedule and my daily notes in one place. What I like most is how you can adapt it to suit your preferences but still retain the principle of it. I experimented quite a bit before arriving at a system that works for me.

Do you have any diary/ note examples? Would love to see! 

On 5/24/2021 at 2:10 AM, SilverMoonTea said:

Glad to announce that I don't have as many as @JenL@Jane. Actually I also suspect this will not finished in all of my lifetime :eeeee:

Hahaha hey, hey! My collection is modest compared to my pens :laugh:Also this is still a lot of washi @SilverMoonTea...you are just as insane as the rest of us :pandaheadstomp: I like all your gold foil ones. They catch the light well :BulbaOWO:

On 5/24/2021 at 11:43 AM, SilverMoonTea said:

Show us! Haha... I always love to see ppl's collection. 

Actually even 1 roll I also never finished using it. 

Me too! I love to see people's collections. Show us everything! I want to see! :MonkaTang:

On 5/24/2021 at 12:30 PM, NiteWalker said:

you're in the same dilemma as me....i have alot but i never finish one lols, show you parts of my stickers book collections first....these are all the 6 books i have on this series lols

These are all so cuteeee :heart: I love these characters. What are they called? The things from the corner? I have a soft toy of one of them. 

Edited by JenL
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

Currently watching: Doctor Slump // Queen of Tears // The Impossible Heir

Current Obsessions: ❤ Lee Jae wook // Park Hyung Sik // Yoon Park

Podcast: These Dramatic Days

@SilverMoonTea Maybe you will have more time to colour those books when you're old and retired. xD

@JenL Haha yeah black, blue and red are standard colours. We've to follow Good Document Practice so on official documents I cannot have rainbow colours. I did make the effort to use my coloured MUJI pens this time to write on the farewell cards. My problem is that I don't like to draw attention to myself, so in using multi-coloured pens, people will be drawn to read what I wrote (even though it's just standard boring stuff).

Agree with you that we need to retain some of our childhood hobbies. The mind can do the growing up and maturing, the hobbies don't... lol.

@NiteWalker What are you ever going to do with that many washi tapes? Ok, love those stickers you got. Tsum Tsum ones are really cute! The only problem for me is I'll never be able to use them...

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Haha 5
38 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

@NiteWalker What are you ever going to do with that many washi tapes? Ok, love those stickers you got. Tsum Tsum ones are really cute! The only problem for me is I'll never be able to use them...

well this what i had been doing for my plain washi for now hahaha, i tell you again when i thought of what to do with the rest lols

64bGcUP.png

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
On 5/28/2021 at 2:56 PM, JenL said:

These are all so cuteeee :heart: I love these characters. What are they called? The things from the corner? I have a soft toy of one of them. 

Sumikko Gurashi. They're my current craze now :wow:

Been meaning to come visit this thread but haven't gotten the chance till now. I love stationeries too, and a collector. Yes, I bought them with no intention to use :laugh: I will share when I have the time to take pictures. My collection is considered mild though, because at many points, I reminded myself not to buy anymore and practiced some restraints when in a stationery store. I can spend hours in one. Especially love Itoya in Ginza. Too bad due to the tight schedules since I wasn't traveling alone then, I could only spend a couple hours there before closing time. If I had travelled alone, will surely set aside one full day to browse slowly.  

Washi tapes... are we supposed to finish it at all? Have not heard of anyone I know who has a finished roll :laugh:

BuJo, tried it, many times, but not working for me. LOL... I even tried it again as a new year resolution for 2021. Lasted a month only, LOL... I guess I've passed (or no longer in) those times of planning my days and activities properly. Now, only set reminders on my phone for important tasks and events. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

32 minutes ago, SilverMoonTea said:

Minimalist follower will say, if you don't use it, throw it away lols. 

Marie Kondo will ask does it spark a joy? I guess it will. So based on her, you can keep lols. 

are you kidding me???? throw away???:shocked: thats money...to me u dont want to use them dont buy hahahha...and tell me any of the stationery lover can actually stop themselves from buying it lols...i know my sister cant

• Like 1
  • Haha 5
14 hours ago, SilverMoonTea said:

Minimalist follower will say, if you don't use it, throw it away lols. 

Marie Kondo will ask does it spark a joy? I guess it will. So based on her, you can keep lols. 

You know I am trying to be a minimalist, but I also live by Marie Kondo’s principle of JOY...

O yes, whenever I look at my stationeries collection, I smile and feel so much joy ☺️
For some people, they go for a bag therapy, for me it’s stationeries therapy 😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Awesome 1
  • Heart Eyes 1

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

Sharing some of my stash. I think I gathered most of them :laugh:

First, the paper stuff (notebooks, notepads, schedulers). This is just partial. I will try to share again.

cwmfSCr.jpg

Colours... I might have an artist in me, which I never get the chance to explore or develop. I always love to see colourful sets of all kind of markers, highlighters, brushes, paints.

Ktqt8dc.jpg

• Star Struck 2
  • Heart Eyes 2

MTDzeiV.gif