Show Off Your Stationery

Jane

On 5/28/2021 at 3:11 PM, JenL said:

Hahaha I always bring a journal or notebook but forget to write or get too tired  But my notebook did come in handy when I was in Korea because they love to have tourist collectible stamps so sometimes I just used the notebook to collect my location stamps 

Expenses? What is that?  I just use my notebooks to write about my experiences...I just go on holidays to use all my monies

Oh yes the tourist stamps, I do the same too with my notebook! I am actually like tabulating my expenditure when I am travelling, just to have the satisfaction that they total up. Of course, it doesn't limit my spending :MewGiggle:

On 5/28/2021 at 3:11 PM, JenL said:

I like calendar format and usually like A5 size. A lot of people think that's weird but I need monthly view to plan ahead. Weekly view feels too fast!

Are you me? I use this format too!

On 5/28/2021 at 3:56 PM, JenL said:

Do you have any diary/ note examples? Would love to see! 

I will try to find a page that I can upload. But first I gotta figure out my upload even, I was trying from my dropbox but looks like it doesn't work :(

On 5/31/2021 at 2:28 PM, ktcjdrama said:

Been meaning to come visit this thread but haven't gotten the chance till now. I love stationeries too, and a collector.

Welcome! I am so happy that this thread has so many friends sharing their collections. It makes me feel less alone and is also enabling me to buy more since my collection is so small compared to everyone's! Heehee!

On 6/3/2021 at 6:35 PM, ktcjdrama said:

Colours... I might have an artist in me, which I never get the chance to explore or develop. I always love to see colourful sets of all kind of markers, highlighters, brushes, paints.

Oh wow, nice pen collection! You have pencils too, do you use them to sketch?

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, Jane said:

You have pencils too, do you use them to sketch?

I collect them.... LOL... Actually, I like pencil sketch art a lot and tried to make them before. I did finish one small portrait of a lady with hair in a bun, copied it from somewhere. But I don’t remember where I put it. I will share here when I eventually find it. That grey pencils set was a Christmas gift from way back in 1993/1994? I treasure it. Every time I pass by an art studio, I will usually look at the class schedules and always tell myself “one of these days... one of these days...” but never get the chance to enroll in any classes before. Another art form that I like is water color. So I was excited when they have the water coloring pencils out. Didn’t end up buying any though coz the time of restraining myself from buying more art supplies had dawned, haha... I do have a book on watercolor techniques. Again, long time ago. Now lots of great tutorials on YouTube. It’s me making the time to start that remains the problem 😆😅🤣

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Heart Eyes 2

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, SilverMoonTea said:

That diary pocket so pretty @NiteWalker, I love all the glittery stuff haha... Btw did you used all of your washi tapes often? 😅😆

its pretty right.....i love the whole thing.....im separating all the stickers that i had dump into my drawers now....hahaha....really really alot!!!!

well i do use some of them on and off lols though i still have alot alot alot

hv91seV.png

Edit: btw i have 2 drawers of this @SilverMoonTea

• Like 2
  • Star Struck 2
17 minutes ago, SilverMoonTea said:

I have addiction on buying pencil colour, but not so with the actual colouring job lols... 

Interesting articles related to this :

https://qz.com/650378/the-sad-reason-american-adults-are-so-obsessed-with-coloring-books/

i love color pen though and i love this phrase from the author

"In a very short time, coloring has proven surprisingly addictive for America’s stressed, anxious, and overworked. Therapeutic without being therapy, meditative without being meditation, creative without being creation, artsy without being art, the supposedly soothing activity has also become a big business—in 2015 alone, US sales of coloring books shot up from 1 to 12 million units."

• Like 2
  • Insightful 2
  • 3 weeks later...