Show Off Your Stationery

Jane

On 5/24/2021 at 10:05 PM, Jane said:

Reading all our #stationeryproblems, maybe I should rename this thread to Support Group for Stationery Lovers? :eeeee:

Hahaha this wouldn't be a bad name for this group either :laugh: I honestly thought I was the only weirdo who was sad if I ruined one page of my pretty notebook and wanted to rip it out...I feel less alone knowing you guys are the same kind of weird! :CharmanderYay:

Yes, exactly! And then I think, "oh I will do this while at a cafe or on the train to the next city." But of course it never happens! 

Can totally relate!  Journaling while travelling on the train would be so productive, but I end up looking out the window the whole time and never pick up the pen :idk:

I have yet to finish up a roll of washi tape, some of these I have had for yearssss! But this year, I vow to more free with the solid colour tapes since they are so easy to get now!

I don't think I've never finished any of my stationery :laugh: Maybe a few pens here and there and a few notebooks here and there...definitely never a whole roll of washi :lettalKWA:

On 5/27/2021 at 12:23 PM, NiteWalker said:

actually the upper drawer also have some more washi tapes **ahem**

Your washi collection is very sizeable :wow: You know it's a good collection when you keep finding more to add. Like my pens. I'm still afraid to show you the extent of the pen collection because you'll all be like....what is wrong with you :laugh:

On 5/28/2021 at 5:24 PM, SilverMoonTea said:

Think will bury this with me still unfinished. 

I got 3 books lols... just few pages done. 

Motivation, where are thou!:pandarage2:

Hahaha if you ever find how to motivate yourself to finish your colouring book please tell me where to find also :laugh: The colouring look lovely though!

On 5/28/2021 at 6:21 PM, mademoiselle said:

I did make the effort to use my coloured MUJI pens this time to write on the farewell cards. My problem is that I don't like to draw attention to myself, so in using multi-coloured pens, people will be drawn to read what I wrote (even though it's just standard boring stuff).

Oh no does everyone in the office just use boring pens?! :lettalKWA:

I use to have a bucket of my coloured pens for signing cards and it was funny coz everyone would come around to borrow from that bucket! But I think everyone from my workplace is a bit like a giant kid :laugh:

On 5/28/2021 at 6:21 PM, mademoiselle said:

Agree with you that we need to retain some of our childhood hobbies. The mind can do the growing up and maturing, the hobbies don't... lol.

Hehe, I've probably retained one too many of my childhood hobbies...but I have to say, it does help to keep life cheerful especially during lockdowns over the past 2 years. I find those without hobbies and child-like joys are the ones who are suffering the most in lockdown...with dramas and journaling and reading, I'm doing A-ok :CharmanderYay:

On 5/28/2021 at 6:29 PM, SilverMoonTea said:

I suspect I will still ogle young oppa when retiring rather than colouring books lols

Hahahaha, this I agree with you  :1000:

On 5/28/2021 at 7:42 PM, NiteWalker said:

u mean tsum tsum disney?

On 5/31/2021 at 4:28 PM, ktcjdrama said:

Sumikko Gurashi. They're my current craze now :wow:

@NiteWalker The cute characters on your notebooks were Sumikko Gurashi. I sometimes call them 'The Things from the corner' coz that's the English translation. They are so cute :heart:

On 6/1/2021 at 11:21 AM, SilverMoonTea said:

Minimalist follower will say, if you don't use it, throw it away lols. 

Marie Kondo will ask does it spark a joy? I guess it will. So based on her, you can keep lols. 

My problem is all my stationeries will always give me joy so I can never ever throw anything away :CharmanderYay:

On 6/2/2021 at 1:33 AM, ktcjdrama said:

You know I am trying to be a minimalist, but I also live by Marie Kondo’s principle of JOY...

O yes, whenever I look at my stationeries collection, I smile and feel so much joy ☺️
For some people, they go for a bag therapy, for me it’s stationeries therapy 😁

Well said, well said @ktcjdrama Stationery is definitely therapy! We just went into another covid lockdown where I am and the last night of freedom, I went and bought 2 new journals and a few more pens to comfort myself! :smile:

Also your collection is so beautiful! I love that you lined up all your pens and pencils together for a photo. And you have old mini-stampers (the pens that are actually stamps at the tip)! I use to have those too. Wonder what happened to them? :thinking:

• Haha 1
  • Clapping Hands 3

Currently watching: Doctor Slump // Queen of Tears // The Impossible Heir

Current Obsessions: ❤ Lee Jae wook // Park Hyung Sik // Yoon Park

Podcast: These Dramatic Days

On 6/6/2021 at 12:09 PM, ktcjdrama said:

I collect them.... LOL... Actually, I like pencil sketch art a lot and tried to make them before. I did finish one small portrait of a lady with hair in a bun, copied it from somewhere. But I don’t remember where I put it. I will share here when I eventually find it. That grey pencils set was a Christmas gift from way back in 1993/1994? I treasure it. Every time I pass by an art studio, I will usually look at the class schedules and always tell myself “one of these days... one of these days...” but never get the chance to enroll in any classes before. Another art form that I like is water color. So I was excited when they have the water coloring pencils out. Didn’t end up buying any though coz the time of restraining myself from buying more art supplies had dawned, haha... I do have a book on watercolor techniques. Again, long time ago. Now lots of great tutorials on YouTube. It’s me making the time to start that remains the problem 😆😅🤣

You should definitely put it on your bucket list to enrol in a drawing class especially as it sounds you're interested in it and have talent drawing. I feel like life is busy, but make sure you go back and revisit those things you've always wanted to do but put off. It's very satisfying :hearties:

On 6/14/2021 at 11:40 PM, SilverMoonTea said:

@JenL@NiteWalker You might need to watch this hahaha...

Hahaha this is very helpful...but also giving me stationery envy because they have a lot of nice things...and I want them! :shocked:

On 6/15/2021 at 7:38 PM, NiteWalker said:

hehehe i bought the pockets and the album to follow as stated in the video @SilverMoonTea hehehhe...

and this is part of my vintage stamp stickers

These are so beautiful. I think they would be so useful for a lot of different types of scrapbooking spreads :heart:

On 6/5/2021 at 10:13 PM, Jane said:

Are you me? I use this format too!

Wow, you're like the only other person I know who uses the calendar diary format!!! Yay, stationery twins! :heart::BulbaOWO:

On 6/15/2021 at 11:41 PM, Jane said:

Somewhat stationery related but my boss noticed my current notebook is nearing the end and HE GIFTED ME A NEW ONE. I am so touched! :PiplupCry:

That's so nice :heart: Haha, I like that even they have noticed your love for stationery :laugh:

On 6/16/2021 at 3:27 PM, NiteWalker said:

Sailormoon Stickers!! hahahaha

They're so cute...here's my collection of Sailormoon pens to match your stickers :hearties:

I haven't used these...because I have spares which I use instead :laugh:

Yes, they're coming to the grave with me.

ZO6lkLJ.jpg

On 6/22/2021 at 6:31 PM, SilverMoonTea said:

I just have so many of watercolor, pencil colour, crayon too... @JenL @ktcjdrama lols. 

Hahaha, this is a lot of pencils! I don't have many colour pencils (which is weird since I have so many colouring books!) But what I lack in pencils, I make up for in gel pens :idk:

On 7/15/2021 at 6:23 PM, SilverMoonTea said:

New washi 

@NiteWalker@JenL@Jane

Wowww...those flower ones are so cute! :wow: Where did you get them? Are you washi or stickers?  About 2 weeks ago, I went to Daiso and got some cute washi tapes. I wasn't so impressed when Daiso first opened in Australia because it looked like a $2 shop and had generic stationery. But now, they've really gone all out with their stationery section and I'm always there for stickers etc. I really like their palette dot stickers at the moment.

OR3Wd7S.jpg

PkEW9Bo.jpg

On 7/16/2021 at 7:59 PM, SilverMoonTea said:

Bragging to @NiteWalker@JenL@Jane@mademoiselle

Nitewalker this all my collection. Not bad right? Haha...will u show me yours? 100 pages? 😅😆

Hahaha, I love this swatch! They look so pretty altogether as samples :hearties: Can't imagine @NiteWalker's collection...would be insane!

On 7/16/2021 at 8:35 PM, mademoiselle said:

LOL @SilverMoonTea why are you just sticking them in the journal like sticker book? :lmao2:

Hehe, it's swatching! I do it too just so I have a sample in case I use it up annd can never buy it again. But you know I've never used up a whole washi, so not sure what I'm worried about :idk:

Digital stickers are also cute...you have no idea how many I've already purchased on Line app :laugh:

Edited by JenL
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Heart Eyes 3

21 hours ago, JenL said:

These are so beautiful. I think they would be so useful for a lot of different types of scrapbooking spreads :heart:

yes i totally love it....and it help alot to separates out and also easier to locate the things we want....instead of keeping everything in packets or in a drawer which is not very good as we're going to need alot of small drawers to separate them all out ....

however with this album we can locate the stickers easiers

• Heart Eyes 3

My humble washi tape collection... because I exercise a lot of restraint :laugh:

RM4sH76.jpg

Then I also like hole-punchers, and embossers, for paper art.

bTzJenu.jpg

I also love stamps, especially the wooden ones, only have a few, but they're scattered somewhere. Need to go find and gather them first.

Edited by ktcjdrama
  • Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 3
  • Clapping Hands 1

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

31 minutes ago, NiteWalker said:

and also my very small small addition of stamp lols, i promise these are the only 2 lots i have hahahaha :wow2: i dunno about future okie **ahem**

I have one miniature set similar to this too! But I really forgot where I put it. It’s a good thing these stuff is (was?) hard to find for me. Otherwise I would have ended up buying a lot too, because stamps is another stationery weakness of mine. Now I am not too worried even if they’re easy to find, because I can stop myself from buying 😉 

I have one that I super love though, and I actually use it (yes, I made use of it!) for my books. It says “from the library of”. Will take a picture later. 

My OCD is asking: can you please turn the HAPPY MON piece around? 😆

Edited by ktcjdrama
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

31 minutes ago, ktcjdrama said:

My OCD is asking: can you please turn the HAPPY MON piece around? 😆

hahaha okie as requested hahaha 

7Tn2nkl.png

32 minutes ago, ktcjdrama said:

I have one miniature set similar to this too! But I really forgot where I put it. It’s a good thing these stuff is (was?) hard to find for me. Otherwise I would have ended up buying a lot too, because stamps is another stationery weakness of mine. Now I am not too worried even if they’re easy to find, because I can stop myself from buying 😉 

true...i found some stamps however i didnt like it either and i dont like too big a stamp and the miniature that i found are all sold out too so im saved from buying too much ROFL hahaha

3 hours ago, JenL said:

Do it! Do it! :pandaevil: I want to see the whole collection :BulbaOWO:

okie i start with the Crane / Japanese series that i have first, it came together with a diary i bought :heart:

jQmsTQA.png

• Like 3
  • Star Struck 1
  • Heart Eyes 1

I'm not into but I like to lurk here. Lot of cute things!!

My question, are they all really used until run out?? BUT I bet it is really visually pleasing and bring you happiness guys even it just placed. KEEP GOING HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

P. S. This passed as club of stationery simps

:mine:

• Haha 5

G O O D  V I B E S  

♪ click me below for my cw, edits, about 

d r a m a s a f f a i r . c a r r d . c o 

10 hours ago, bairama said:

My question, are they all really used until run out?? BUT I bet it is really visually pleasing and bring you happiness guys even it just placed. KEEP GOING HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Hahaha it really is quite the opposite! Because the stationery is so cute, I don't want to use it all up. Such a waste to throw out cute pen bodies etc....so I often buy refills to make sure they last forever :smile::smile::smile:

In terms of washi tapes and stickers, I use them, but I never finish them...I just keep buying more  :pandahehe:

@NiteWalker @SilverMoonTea Here's my swatches of my newest washi tapes in my cute rabbit notebook

uZqz94W.jpg

MfelKPX.jpg

Edited by JenL
  • Star Struck 2
  • Heart Eyes 2
  • Clapping Hands 1

I went to Daiso today. Specifically went to check out the stationary section because I thought of you guys!

20210731-115327.jpg

This is so cute. It says it is a mini envelope (and the envelope is indeed super mini). So mini that I wonder what the heck you can use it for. The only thing I could think of is ang pao envelope (and you'd have to fold the money).

20210731-113431.jpg

This porcupine fits the Jdrama theme @SilverMoonTea was crazy about last time. Are these something you all will go for? I do really like the Disney princesses one (in spoiler tag) and they look genuine. Even Toy Story's look cute even tho I'm not a Toy Story fan.

Spoiler

20210731-113445.jpg
20210731-113456.jpg
20210731-113506.jpg
20210731-113624.jpg
20210731-113644.jpg

BTW, is masking tape the same as washi tape?

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Haha 1
  • Heart Eyes 3
6 minutes ago, SilverMoonTea said:

@mademoiselleOMG 😍 That porcupine is ❤ I also like the kimono sticker. 

Masking tape I think is same with washi. Call the washi tape master @NiteWalker

I also sometimes strolling in Daiso, their washi tapes not bad, cheap and got plenty of colour. But I need to restrain myself. Cos it will just collecting dust in my room :lmao2:

I bought A LOT of things from Daiso today. Normally I tried not to buy too many but I let loose today and during lockdown I was watching some housewife's YT on Daiso gadgets and really wanted to head to Daiso at the time to shop. LOL.

• Haha 4
  • 2 weeks later...
On 7/31/2021 at 5:17 PM, mademoiselle said:

I went to Daiso today. Specifically went to check out the stationary section because I thought of you guys!

Hahaha I'm glad you went. I love Daiso stationery! It didn't use to be very good when it first came to Australia...but it's changed so much in just a few years. Sometimes I think I use my Daiso stationery more than the stuff I  buy on Etsy! :heart:

On 7/31/2021 at 5:17 PM, mademoiselle said:

This is so cute. It says it is a mini envelope (and the envelope is indeed super mini). So mini that I wonder what the heck you can use it for. The only thing I could think of is ang pao envelope (and you'd have to fold the money).

Yep - I think it's like Red Pockets, but different types like for good luck for exams or weddings. I bought some a few years ago for when my friends were getting married to put money in since it's more common to give money these days than wedding gifts. :yayaya:

On 7/31/2021 at 5:32 PM, mademoiselle said:

during lockdown I was watching some housewife's YT on Daiso gadgets and really wanted to head to Daiso at the time to shop. LOL.

On 8/12/2021 at 1:09 AM, SilverMoonTea said:

@ChocolatePls review the Muji pen. I need to know that I'm at least a good stationery seller... bwahahaha....

Hahaha, I've also been watching lots of Youtube...but not on something productive like cleaning :laugh: 

Speaking of Youtube and pens, I've decided to make a series of videos documenting my gel pen collection just to show people what I mean when I say I have a lot of pens... I unbox and line up some (tiny portion of my collection) of pens here... :wow2::wow2::wow2: It's going to take a lot of videos before you see the end of my collection I think....

Since this channel is so new (lol created like a few hours ago) I have no friends :letalQQ: Please follow if you like stationery and journaling... So far I look like a crazy pen hoarder with no friends :laugh:

@Chocolate Were the muji pens good? Should I go out and buy some to join my collection? :lenny:

@NiteWalker What happened with the washi tape swatching? :thinking: I was waiting to see whole collection! :MewHi:

• Haha 3
  • Heart Eyes 1