오케이 광자매 (literally: Ok, Gwang Sisters)

Writer: Moon Young Nam

Director: Lee Jin Seo

Asst Dirs: Lee Young Seo, Park Heung Jin, Ko Byeong Chul, Moon Mi Young

Broadcast station: KBS2

Run Dates: March 13, 2021 to ?

Episodes: 100

Run time: 40 min

Note this drama runs 2 - 40 min episodes per weekend day, so 4 episodes per weekend, and is equivalent to the 50 episode count weekend dramas that the major 3 stations used to run.

Summary: This drama is a family weekend drama, but it aims to be a bit of a genre mishmash as well. It starts with a family in crisis. Lee Chul Soo is a man who is held in disregard bordering on contempt by his wife and three grown up daughters. When the drama starts, the wife (who we never see) has basically moved out of the house and is asking for a divorce. The wife has blamed Chul Soo for her own unhappy life, and had trained her daughters to blame him as well.

Of the three daughters, the oldest, Gwang Nam is married to a lawyer and lives a rather indolent, narcissistic wife. Her husband loves her and so indulges her, but is clearly not happy, especially about the fact that he works all day and then comes home to find that his wife can't really bother to cook dinner for him.

The second daughter Gwang Sik has graduated from a good university and even found a job in civil service. However, she hastily married a younger boyfriend whom she had started seeing so that they could get a new apartment together. The boyfriend, Pyeon Seung had actually been a friend of her little sister, Gwang Tae, who had advised against the relationship. It's a marriage on paper only since there has been no wedding ceremony. It's only later that she comes to understand how rapacious her new groom's family are, as they demand money and her new apartment for the privilege of having married their son.

The third and youngest daughter Gwang Tae works a series of part-time jobs unable to go to find a permanent job or anything offering a career. Her dream is to marry a man who owns his own building since that way she figures she'll be financially set for life, even better if that man weren't repulsive looking. As it is, she also borrows money from a loan shark when she really wants something she can't afford, assuming it will work out. Her sister Gwang Sik has bailed her out on those loans in the past, but has said that she won't be able to do that any more with her own financial difficulties.

And then their mother is killed, and the family becomes the primary suspects for her death.

Main Cast

Yoo Joo Sang as Lee Chul Soo - the patriarch of the family

Hong Eun Hee as Lee Gwang Nam - the eldest daughter

Jeon Hye Bin as Lee Gwang Sik - the second daughter

Go Won Hee as Lee Gwang Tae - the youngest daughter

Kim Young Nam as Han Ye Seul - Gwang Sik's love interest

Choi Dae Chul as Bae Byeon Ho - Gwang Nam's husband (ex-husband)

Seol Jung Hwan as Heo Gi Jin - Gwang Tae's wannabe love interest

Lee Bo Hee as Oh Bong Ja - the maternal aunt

Kim Hey Sun as Lee Taeng Ja - Oh Bong Ja's younger, wilder sister

Lee Byung Joon as Han Dol Se - Chul Soo's friend, Bong Ja's suitor, and Ye Seul's father

• Like 1

I know I just opened this thread when the drama is almost at the halfway point, but I have to admit it took me awhile to get into this drama. The thing that attracted me was the quality of the acting talent. It's a given that the veterans were going to be good. However, this drama actually had three very strong actresses with solid resumes playing the sisters in question.

When I finally started watching this drama though, the opening episodes were a cacophony of shouting and unhappiness. This was one really unhappy, dysfunctional family. I tried to capture some of that when I wrote up the character descriptions above. Anyway, it made me drop the drama at times before I would get curious and catch up again.

Each time I watched though, it led me deeper into the story and these characters who are complicated and all growing as people.

The unseen mother is the crux of the problem for this family. While we're not shown how and why they got married, it may have been an arranged marriage. The father came from a wealthier family and the mother came from a poorer family. Their problems were probably further exacerbated by not having a son born to them as well at a time when sons were preferentially favored. Anyway, the mother seems to have resented the father, and raised their daughters to resent him as well.

The mother was also narcissistic, not having much time for home life and preferring to indulge herself. So, her younger sister Bong Ja moved into their home and was the one who actually raised the daughters while also working as a fish seller at the market. Despite this, the daughters grew up loving and trusting their mother rather than their father or their aunt. It was later revealed that the mother had affairs with other men that the husband and family did not know about. It was one of these affairs with a younger man that led to the mother asking for a divorce, prior to being killed.

Initially, the father was the primary suspect for her murder, and then the aunt. It was eventually shown that it was not murder at all, but I'll let you watch the drama to find out how and why the mother actually died. After the mother's death, though, it turns out that she had also borrowed money from anyone and everyone who all came looking to be paid back. The father ultimately sells their house and everything else he owns in order to cover his dead wife's debts.

Fortunately, Bong Ja had been saving her money, and she has enough to buy a small residential building with rooms that she rents out to tenants. The father and the daughters end up living in BJ's building as tenants, the father covering his rent in part by being the handyman for the building.

To catch up with where the sisters are at mid-series though, they've all evolved somewhat after the shock of losing their mother.

Gwang Nam, the oldest dauther, who had been raised like a princess and was actually rather horrible to her husband and mother-in-law has become divorced from her husband. Her husband had gotten into the habit of eating dinner every night at a diner whose owner took a fancy to him. One night when he had too much to drink, the diner owner rapes him which ends up with her having a son by him. GN had decided that she had didn't want children since children would only mess up her life (she learned this from her own mother who kept telling her and the other girls this), and gotten her husband to agree. It was only after he holds his son in his arms that he falls in love with being a father.

The diner owner Maria uses the baby as leverage to get the the husband to divorce his wife. Of course, the diner owner also recruits the mother-in-law to her side. GN had lied to her MIL that her husband was sterile as the reason that they didn't have children. So finding out that she had a grandson now, the MIL wanted her son to divorce GN immediately and marry Maria, even moving in with Maria and forcing her son to move in as well. He divorces GN, but is not very happy about it, and is not attracted to Maria at all.

GN goes from being the pampered wife of a lawyer to having to work part time jobs that she finds difficult to get since she has no experience and she's older. She regrets her divorce from her husband, and is facing some very hard truths about her mother, herself, and her own motivations. She's being pursued by another man, Chairman Hwang, who is an old golfing buddy, but seems to have nefarious deeds in mind, though she's so far keeping him at bay. She just had a phantom pregnancy born from her regrets about her divorce.

Gwang Sik, the middle daughter, went into shock at her mother's death and her father being the primary suspect, especially compounded with what she finds out about her husband's family. She quits her government job and leaves the country to backpack in Europe, spending day after day walking to try to still her demons.

When GS comes back, she uses the rest of her savings to buy a small diner and is trying to earn a living. She starts a new romance with Ye Seul who had been trying to make it as a rock musician but never quite succeeded. So, he's now working as a musician in a catered karaoke salon augmenting the karaoke with live music for the clients.

Their romance was actually very sweet to watch develop as they become each other's support systems. However, they are about to meet significant resistance to their relationship. First of all is that GS's family won't find YS acceptable. While GS graduated from a good university, YS stopped his education at junior high school. Secondly, while no one is aware of it yet, YS' father, Dol Se, is actually the best friend of GS' father and a suitor to GS' aunt BJ.

Dol Se has a poor opinion of the Gwang sisters since he considers them to have treated their father so badly. The sisters themselves are not comfortable with DS since he is rather outspoken and uncouth, and liable to say anything to them.  Dol Se is also in love with Bong Ja, and they have a history together. They had been interested in each other when they were young, but BJ's family wouldn't allow them to be together, so DS married another girl while BJ stayed single.

Gwang Tae, the youngest daughter, is also a troubled woman. She has a chip on her shoulder from her mother dressing her up as a little boy when she was younger. She didn't have the grades to go to uni, but she doesn't really have the skills to get a good job. She is a good martial artist. She wants to meet and marry a man who owns his own building, regardless of anything else. She was interested in a guy named Gi Jin until she found out that he lived in a rented room in a residential building and thus was not the son of a wealthy family.

However, Gi Jin is actually the younger brother of the loan shark that GT owes money to, and his brother has promised GJ his own building if only he would get married since the brother is worried about his little brother not being able to settle down. GJ was living in the goshiwon for awhile to get away from his brother nagging at him. GJ likes GT, but seems to want GT to like him back for something other than his money, so he keeps his older brother and his true financial circumstances a secret.

Okay, after this wall of text, I'll write more if anyone has any questions about this drama. Otherwise, I guess I'll write more after I watch more episodes. This drama has managed to finally capture my interest, so I'll probably stay with it. The acting is very good and the story is complicated enough to produce the required twists to keep it interesting and flowing.

• Thanks 1
  • Insightful 1
12 hours ago, stroppyse said:

@Nohamahmoud2002@UnniSara, are either of you watching this drama since you are the other 2 people I know who watch long dramas?

If you are watching it , I will tune In and we can chat about this drama. I will binge when Dark Hole ends this week @stroppyse

• Like 1

Favorite Favorite Artist  Bae Doona, Moon Chae Won, Gong Hyo Jin, Cho Seung Woo, Jang Hyuk,, Jo In Sung,  Gong Yoo

Drama watching now: Plot Love,  Chimera ,The Psychologist, Always have,Always will , Show Windows: Queens House

@LaLa, I heard that you might be watching this drama as well?

I feel bad for Gwang Nam and her ex-husband actually. They got divorced because of circumstances and not because they really wanted to get divorced.

I think Maria is pretty evil for raping BH, and the fact that she had his child does not really make her qualified to be his wife. I get it that BH's mother is really mad at GN for lying to her about BH being sterile as the reason they didn't have children, and GN was unforgivably rude to her MIL. However, I'm actually rather shocked that BH being raped while he was completely drunk and out of it is being glossed over as if it's nothing. BH's mother even expects them to have another child, and so seems to be encouraging Maria to take advantage of BH again. I just can't even.

Anyway, GN clearly has regrets about giving BH his divorce, and even had a phantom pregnancy about it. That was just sad. Plus the creep hanging around her has trouble written all over him.

I'm not actually sure where GN and BH are going to go plotwise. In a lot of ways, I think GN needs to truly let go. BH is always going to have his mother who hates GN now and his son by Maria in his life, and they are clearly going to take priority. GN needs to figure out who she is and how she is going to survive when she has no job skills.

Haven't watched this week's episodes yet, so wondering if their relationship has progressed any.

It seems as if Gwang Sik and Ye Seul are heading for a breakup soon though which is sad, though kind of understandable from GS's family perspective. Plus if YS' father and GT's aunt really do get married, then that doesn't bode well for GS and YS.

I'm kind of rooting for GT and Gi Jin to get together. GJ clearly likes GT, but wants GT to like him for himself and not for his brother's money. That's going to be a rocky relationship either, but possibly the most straight-foward of the sisters' romances.

• Like 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

Hello Started binge watching . Wow I have never met a bunch of HORRIBLE DAUGHTER. I felt only the second daughter cares but finally realized she doesn’t know her father at all. Smh  smh 

I am so happy she is finally dead. She needed to die. The way she divided her children and have them hate their father

• Like 1

Favorite Favorite Artist  Bae Doona, Moon Chae Won, Gong Hyo Jin, Cho Seung Woo, Jang Hyuk,, Jo In Sung,  Gong Yoo

Drama watching now: Plot Love,  Chimera ,The Psychologist, Always have,Always will , Show Windows: Queens House

54 minutes ago, UnniSara said:

Hello Started binge watching . Wow I have never met a bunch of HORRIBLE DAUGHTER. I felt only the second daughter cares but finally realized she doesn’t know her father at all. Smh  smh 

I am so happy she is finally dead. She needed to die. The way she divided her children and have them hate their father

I know! The daughters are really, really horrible, but it really is their mother's fault! Their mother is the one who turned them against their father. It was horrible how she would tell them that her life was ruined because of the father and the daughters. However, the daughters still clung to their mothers and followed her despite her neglect and abusive language. I guess children really don't know any better, but to cling to the parent they saw most often.

• Clapping Hands 1

I am so frustrated with these woman.  It is episode 6 and they still don’t know what a terrible mom they have. At least the second eldest isn’t impulsive at all . I have to say 

Eldest Daughter 

SELFISH, CLUELESS AND ANNOYING. How can she expect her husband to remain happy when she refuses to listen to him and use him. She isn’t even kind to him when I swear “ HE IS THE BEST HUSBAND” I would want a man like that. I would do what I can to make him happy or COMPROMISE. Hubby is a dummy and he will probably divorce wife because she is making it way to difficult for him to stay with her. 

Secomd Daughter

Wow, smart but to sacred to go against her sisters. Being the middle child suck. She is the kindest of her sisters but it looks like she will end losing her store. Her ex and his family want to drain her of her money when he is the one who is the cheater. His family expect to live the night life and don’t do anything. 

Third Child 

She bores me and I have nothing to say about her. 

@stroppyse I loved that musics  video of the cast so cute.  Will post in discord.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, stroppyse said:

@LaLa, I heard that you might be watching this drama as well?

I've been watching since it premiered. But I have a hate and love kind relationship with this drama. The first 10 episodes or more, I struggled and kept wondering if I should drop it. But whenever I didn't feel like watching my current dramas, in the end I kept picking this up back where I had left it behind. I might not be up to date with the current episodes, but I'll try to watch it just for my pure curiosity about what happened. And I even played the drama in the background twice while doing something else, and I didn't miss that much LOL

The relationship in this family is really strange. Previously I enjoyed watching 2 family dramas of KBS before this. And because I have watched 2 previous works of the writer (Wang Family and Liver or Die) I thought I already knew about the writer style and could still handle it. But oh my, there were several times I wanted to hit someone with my pillow while watching this. Either the elders and the youngers characters would make me mad over their stupid actions. Probably the one that I have no problem is Ttu Gi, but she doesn't appear that much and mostly sleeping xD

I agree with you @stroppysethat Gwang Nam and Byun Ho still clearly cares and in love with each other. They got married because the love each other and despite got treated badly by Gwang Nam in the last years of their marriage, Byun Ho still trying to understand her condition and sides with her. There were times when he wanted to talk with her, but because of various things, he kept silent and just let it through without solving the problems. Sadly he was used by Shin and I like how you describe that she raped him when he's drunk. Until now, I have this little suspicions that there is this possibility that the son was not his. I've watched the latest episode and the nerve of Shin by suing GN is just really out of line. She kept using her son to guilt trip Byun Ho to do as what she wants. And his mother is so petty and blind by her grandson that she couldn't see that clearly her son doesn't happy at all. 

What made me stay so far is the relationship between Gwang Shik and Ye Seul. They are just cute and I root for their happiness and success in life and love. They clearly match and can make each other shines brighter when they are together. But sadly education background and family matters kept them apart. Both have low self-esteem because of their pasts and they couldn't easily change from their old habit. I would sometimes feel frustrated with their stubbornness while facing their interfering family (especially Gwang Shik) but clearly family is important to both. I really hope they can stay strong facing all the obstacles in their way. Especially when Ye Seul found out that the woman that his father cheated his mother with is Aunt Bong Ja all this time. There will be another long angst in the future for that.

For Gwang Tae and Ki Jin, at the beginning their interactions are just purely funny for me. But now that Ki Jin has completely fallen for her, I hope that he will grow up first and mature before they become official. Either of them has to woke up so that they could stand for what they want. 

@UnniSara I hope you the best for surviving the first 10 to 12 episodes. From my experience I couldn't binge watching it or I will have a high blood pressure from being angry   :pandaroar:

• Haha 2

Currently Watching List:

K-drama: The Real Has Come, See You in My 19th Life 

K-variety: 

1 hour ago, LaLa said:

s Ttu Gi, but she doesn't appear that much and mostly sleeping xD

@LaLa chingu , you are correct binging this drama is hard. Wow, I am so frustrated I need a drink. I am so mad at the actual script.  I am also sticking to this drama because of Han Ye Seul and Lee Gwan Shik. I pity these two characters the most. GS suffered a lot growing up , that is why she fell for that doouche bag  and I think YS has had a crsuh on her for a long time. They have great chemistry , he will be the one who will push her to finally stand up for herself instead of playing it safe. 

@stroppyse You are right these actors sure can act. If the acting wasn't good, I woul dhave dropped it. 

YS's  father is cruel ( I can’t think of any other word to describe him). His father treats him like crap and all he can think of is his eldest son. The man hasn’t even realized that he is the one who ruined his son . All his son did was found an escape from the Mack of love his father would give him. :cry:

• Like 2

4 hours ago, UnniSara said:

I am so mad at the actual script.

It seems as if we all had the same reaction to the initial episodes of this drama. Wanting to slap the sisters for being so rude to their father and aunt, and not realizing the limitations of their mother, even though they themselves are now adults and should be able to discern things for themselves.

6 hours ago, LaLa said:

Until now, I have this little suspicions that there is this possibility that the son was not his. I've watched the latest episode and the nerve of Shin by suing GN is just really out of line. She kept using her son to guilt trip Byun Ho to do as what she wants. And his mother is so petty and blind by her grandson that she couldn't see that clearly her son doesn't happy at all. 

I wondered about that as well! I mean about the son not really being BH's son. There is just something so petty and mean-spirited about Maria, and it's clear that she's liked BH for a long time and raped him knowing that he's married already. I think it's so shameless of her to sue GN for adultery when Maria is the one who forced adultery on drunk BH.

I do understand BH's mother being so angry at GN that she's not seeing straight. BH's mother lived apologetically, putting up with all of GN's bad behavior because she had been led to believe that BH is sterile. Also, I do think that both BH and his mother have falling in love with Blessing. Btw, did they ever give Blessing an actual name rather than just a fetus name? I may have skipped that part where the baby is given a name. Otherwise, that boy is going to be in for a rough time when he gets to school if he's still being called "Blessing". Anyway, I think it would be really cruel for BH, his mother, and poor Blessing if Blessing isn't really BH's son after they've fallen in love. Maria doesn't seem to realize yet that she's just the accessory to Blessing and probably always will be as far as BH is concerned.

Btw, BH actually married Maria. Well, the shaman that BH's mother consulted with had said that BH is going to be married 3 times, so I guess he won't actually stay with Maria, especially when he can't even bring himself to touch her.

Still, I think it might be best for BH and GN to really let go of each other and go their own ways.

Chairman Hwang is a total dirtbag. I'm not entirely sure of the scheme that he's running, but it's clear that GN is going to get hurt in the process. Sigh. GN is still pretty naive, probably due to the way she was raised.

Hoping that GS and YS stick it out together rather than separate.

• Like 1
  • Party! 1

The endinf of episode 11, What the hell was tha???? 

YS's dad was in a raincoat and had make up on.   OMG!!! So scary

Episode 12-13  was great. I was about to flip and scream like a mad woman if they didn't solve the case. WOW  this is how I feel after watching it 

Spoiler

The Killer was the wife. lol lol  Karma was served well. Even after finishing episode13, I am still shocked. 

I also cried a lot. These actress was so good. They made me cry .  I am so happy these woman finally realized how much they hurt their dad. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, UnniSara said:

I also cried a lot. These actress was so good. They made me cry .  I am so happy these woman finally realized how much they hurt their dad. 

I also thought the killer reveal was unexpected, but satisfying. And, the daughters reconciling with their father are some of the most compelling scenes in this drama. I'm really happy with the quality of the acting!

• Clapping Hands 1
On 6/1/2021 at 8:16 PM, stroppyse said:

@Nohamahmoud2002@UnniSara, are either of you watching this drama since you are the other 2 people I know who watch long dramas?

I am watching. It is good. I like the male singer. He is kind towards his dad who favours his ungrateful son. I think he is among my few favourites in this drama. The gluttonous male is rather funny lol. The three sisters and their dad don't impress me. 

• Like 1

I agree that the male singer is nice, despite his gruff exterior. He is kind to his father despite his resentment that his father favors the other son even though his other son ignores him, he's also taken care of the twins that his female friends dumps on him time and again, plus he's very supportive of Gwang Sik.

I feel sorry for the lawyer and his baby son the most. There doesn't seem to be a way towards a happy ending for him, forever trapped between his mother who is now very resentful and the woman who raped him into a relationship but who he clearly can't even bear to touch in his right mind. Maybe he'll learn to drink more to be able to tolerate her? However, for the sake of his son, I assume that he'll stay with diner lady.

@Nohamahmoud2002who is the gluttonous man? Is that the singer's father that you're talking about?

• Like 1

@Nohamahmoud2002, he's actually pretty funny, and I'm definitely rooting for him to get Gwang Tae, especially as she matures.  It seems that she does have feelings for him since she asked him to wait for her for 5 years, even if she was drunk when she said it.

So, not sure if Maria is a goner or not. I rather hope not since that's a way too simplistic way of freeing the lawyer up again. He had decided to make a go of it with Maria for the sake of his son, and I think they deserve to be together. As much as I dislike Maria, they all may be what they all deserve. By all, I mean Maria, the lawyer, and his mother.

I roll my eyes at Maria every time she gets her feelings hurt because the man she raped doesn't return her obsession with love and devotion. And the lawyer's mother who is actually a handful herself and cheerfully willing to sacrifice her son to her pride and ambition at the end of the day isn't much better. I was feeling a bit sorry towards the lawyer, but really, once he decided that he was going to marry Maria and have a life with her and their child, I wished him all luck, and hoped that meant that his role was going to become more limited.

I mean, none of the three really have much of a story line that anyone cares about. There was some interest in what was going on with Gwang Nam, but she really does need to get rid of any sentiment over her ex-husband and stop picking men for their money. Given that all of the sisters need love lines, I wonder who GN's new loveline is going to be. Part of me wondered whether she and the loan shark would get together somehow?

Gwang Sik and Ye Seul seem as if they are going to just be together. I'm waiting for the shoe to drop, however, when YS finds out that GS' aunt is his father's old (and new) flame. This should make things a lot more complicated.

• Awesome 1

Having watched the latest episodes (ep 28), there are more things that bug me about the current plot lines. Just in case, putting them in the spoiler.

Gwang Nam

Spoiler

So, Maria dies of a fatal heart attack? It's a convenient way to get rid of the character I suppose, and clear the way for the lawyer and GN to try to get back together, but it was a bit sudden and weird. I don't like the way this is being plotted out if GN and BH are supposed to get back together.

Gwang Tae

Spoiler

Wow, talk about the ultimate material girl. I guess she's just thrilled that the man she's chosen to be with is actually rich rather than dirt poor as she had thought. However, it rather feels as if she hasn't really learned much of a lesson if she's willing to do anything to stay on HJ's brother's good side.

I hated the idea of HJ putting GT to the test, but given GT's reactions to hearing HJ is rich, it makes me glad for HJ that he has some reassurance that she actually wants him rather than just his money, I guess.

Gwang Sik - not bothering to put this into a spoiler.

I hate the current story line with GS breaking up with YS so that her aunt can be with her suitor. GS comes across as just being totally stupid, breaking up with YS without giving any reasons. I mean, it's not as if everyone else isn't going to figure out that YS is her aunt's boyfriend's son. And, from the preview, it seems that YS does figure it out and refuses to let GS go.

GS is supposed to be the smart one, but so far, she has definitely not demonstrated it.  Including thinking so little of YS that he won't be able to put it all together and figure out her motivations. Why couldn't she have had the courtesy of at least being straight with YS and talking it out. She's basically saying that as much as she loves YS, she wants her aunt's happiness more than she wants her own or YS'. But perhaps that is just too mature for a kdrama.

And, the story line about the father finding the illegal money and planning a heist is just silly. I'm not enjoying that at all.

To be honest, I can hardly believe this, but the story line that I'm possibly most invested in now is what is happening with Taeng Ja and the young man she took advantage of all those years ago. Also, Is TtuKi actually the guy's daughter? I can't remember TJ's time line right now, but since TK and the guy gets along so well, it's making me wonder. I wonder where things are going to go with this couple. TJ really is too old for the young man, but he's been in love with her for so long, even though he didn't know her face or name.

• Like 1
  • Clapping Hands 1
11 hours ago, stroppyse said:
Spoiler

So, Maria dies of a fatal heart attack? It's a convenient way to get rid of the character I suppose, and clear the way for the lawyer and GN to try to get back together, but it was a bit sudden and weird. I don't like the way this is being plotted out if GN and BH are supposed to get back together.

This is strange. I still didn't reach that part.

• Like 1
7 hours ago, Nohamahmoud2002 said:

This is strange. I still didn't reach that part.

I'm starting to wonder about this writer...

Looked her up, and she's also responsible for Wang's Family, Our Gap Soon, Liver or Die. She seems to be known for taking cliches and making them fresh, as well as her writing about the harsh realities of married life. Given her oeuvre, I suppose I shouldn't be surprised at having all these melodramatic elements. Still, the flow seems a bit abrupt, especially for a veteran writer.

• Insightful 1
On 6/26/2021 at 4:46 AM, Nohamahmoud2002 said:

I like GS and YS together. I hope they don't get separated. YS is a real good man, he deserves to be happy.

Agree, but they are going to continue to be put through a lot of angst.

GS and YS are still on the outs over the relationship between GS's aunt and YS' father. Though the aunt has called off the wedding when she realized that her marriage would mean that GS and YS couldn't be together. However, this is more of a convention rather than law. It makes me wonder who would really oppose both couples being together? Wish GS and YS would just get together already, though that seems to be against GS' nature.

It's clear that GN and her ex-husband both have feelings for each other still. However, this potential relationship makes me a bit queasy. I think it's because GN was so quick to jump into marriage with a guy who could support her and her family, even if it turned out to be a scam. It makes me wonder about her being so ready to jump back in with her ex-husband. And, even the husband, I guess he's always had residual feelings for GB, but he had become determined to be devoted to Maria before she died. Anyway, it seems the ex-husband's mother is going to raise a total ruckus about them becoming a couple again.

I swear, the most entertaining storyline these days is about GT and her boyfriend/fiancee Heo Jin. I think it's very practical of GT to try to get HJ's brother to accept her. If HJ continues to have access to his brother's wealth, they can be married a lot sooner after all as well as having her material ambitions realized sooner.

• Like 1