Revolutionary Sisters 오케이 광자매 [2021]

Gah I spent my whole Saturday catching up with this drama. I stopped watching when Kwang Nam got fooled by the scam marriage and choose to focus with my other weekend drama, but now that it has ended, I started to pick this up back. I have to pat myself in the back for binge watching it till the last episode *pat pat*

The storyline about the fake money wasn't necessary imo. If they want to point out how money makes people blind, they can just stop with the marriage scam. It's already enough. The whole family just see for the scammer good profile and being rich made him immediately accepted. They really ready to sell Kwang Nam off just because she couldn't do anything by herself. 

And now after brushing with the death's door, Kwang Nam suddenly became a new woman. Well I know we can give her the chance to change and she looks sincere with raising the son together with Byeon Ho but still I wonder whether she will keep her promise until the end. Old habits would come back from time to time after all. But the child actor who play the son role is so cute and lovable. Especially when he smiles. 

Since the beginning I was waiting for Kwang Shik and Ye Seul story. I want to know how they are going to end and how they will resolve the problem when Bong Ja and Dol Se relationship became known to others. The writer really drag it out and made the younger couple suffer so much. The younger couple already have their own shares of hardships in life and once again because they were feel guilty with the older generation they were going to give up their love.. Aigoo... 

You know, if they cut the filler episodes and just focused on the main story about the couple lifes, we could have less than 50 episodes. :thinking:

• Like 2

Currently Watching List:

K-drama: The Real Has Come, See You in My 19th Life 

K-variety: 

16 hours ago, LaLa said:

Since the beginning I was waiting for Kwang Shik and Ye Seul story. I want to know how they are going to end and how they will resolve the problem when Bong Ja and Dol Se relationship became known to others. The writer really drag it out and made the younger couple suffer so much. The younger couple already have their own shares of hardships in life and once again because they were feel guilty with the older generation they were going to give up their love.. Aigoo... 

I agree! They make GS and YS suffer so much! Ep 31 was just so sad! Why didn't GS say something to YS that she actually wants to be with him?

And, now who is this new guy showing up and interested in GS? Arghh. It makes me wonder if the writer is going to drop GS and YS as a couple after all, after making YS suffer as much as he has. :pandasad:

Btw, interesting that it's still a cultural taboo for GS and YS to be together if BJ and DS are together. It's not a legal taboo at all. They keep implying that it's GS' father and his family who would absolutely forbid the matches. And, actually, they mention that if GS' father knew about it, he might forbid BOTH matches! Interesting.

Just finished watching Be a Good Supper where the ML dies at the end, and the FL marries her childhood friend instead, so not feeling super optimistic.

16 hours ago, LaLa said:

You know, if they cut the filler episodes and just focused on the main story about the couple lifes, we could have less than 50 episodes. 

Yes, but that's true of all the long dramas, the weekenders and the dailies! :laugh:

• Like 2
4 hours ago, stroppyse said:

I agree! They make GS and YS suffer so much! Ep 31 was just so sad! Why didn't GS say something to YS that she actually wants to be with him?

And, now who is this new guy showing up and interested in GS? Arghh. It makes me wonder if the writer is going to drop GS and YS as a couple after all, after making YS suffer as much as he has.

But now the Aunt and Father seems to have accepted that they won't be together in this life time, the only obstacles left is the Kwang Sisters' father. He seems to put his 'noble family' status upfront and seems to want the best for his daughters (not that I'm complaining with his kind of thinking, but he's really not in the position to think that). Last time when Kwang Shik tried to break up by bringing up Ye Seul education and job background, he seems to look small and say that he couldn't change that no matter how he tries. The new guy seems to be another obstacle for their relationship. Not to mention the new guy seems to be rich and have a fixed job, and have the potential to help Kwang Shik becoming successful with her meal kit. It's almost like a repeat story of the scam marriage but this time it's real .___.

Please just let the two of them be together and let Ye Seul catch a break. I have suspected he might hurt his vocal chords by practicing too hard and even coughing blood but the accident happened and it seems to make it worse. :cry:

And, actually, they mention that if GS' father knew about it, he might forbid BOTH matches! Interesting.

I have been thinking there might be a birth secrets in that secret journal of his hahahaha. It would make this drama complete with makjang because of the birth secrets. Ttu Gi seems to be the daughter of that Chef is the timeline match :thinking:

Yes, but that's true of all the long dramas, the weekenders and the dailies! :laugh:

For the past years I have been watching KBS weekender without non stop since Once Again. The previous two, I still quite okay with the filler but this time. this filler is making me crazy :pandaroar:. I only completed watched daily dramas once and I don't think I'll pick any other dailies soon. It's enough ahahahaha. 

• Like 2

Currently Watching List:

K-variety: 

8 hours ago, LaLa said:

Please just let the two of them be together and let Ye Seul catch a break. I have suspected he might hurt his vocal chords by practicing too hard and even coughing blood but the accident happened and it seems to make it worse.

It's so sad that YS may not be able to sing again now that the accident may have hurt his vocal chords. :pandasad: He needs to catch a break. Plus, his admission that he couldn't live without seeing GS, so if the only way he can see her is to not be with her, then he'll just be her friend and her uncle's son rather than wishing for anything more. :PiplupCry:

8 hours ago, LaLa said:

I have been thinking there might be a birth secrets in that secret journal of his hahahaha. It would make this drama complete with makjang because of the birth secrets. Ttu Gi seems to be the daughter of that Chef is the timeline match 

I also think she might be! The timeline is roughly right. And, the chef and TG get along so well and are so drawn to each other! It doesn't seem to have occurred to TG's mom, but I think that's because it was a 1 night stand and she was probably with other men during that time when she was living fast and loose. I don't think they'll know without a DNA test, however the chef and TG are strangely drawn to each other and have been from the moment they met.

The other mystery is who the Aunt is searching so desperately for. It seems that it's a woman? I was wondering if the Aunt had had a baby by YS' dad during their affair in their younger days that she gave up for adoption or something? But that is pure speculation since birth secrets seem to be the one trope that this writer hasn't fully exploited as yet.

Haven't watched today's episode yet, so we'll see what will happen.

8 hours ago, LaLa said:

I only completed watched daily dramas once and I don't think I'll pick any other dailies soon. It's enough ahahahaha. 

I watch the dailies that my mother watches, so that she can catch me up when I don't have time to watch them. We just finished Be a Good Supper, and we're kind of watching Be My Dream Family which started not that long ago.

• Like 1

Oh no! Poor YS. When he was already feeling so low, he sees GS on what seems to be a date with her holding flowers from that guy who likes her. GS doesn't realize how devastated YS is right now, and keeps blathering on about her aunt and how everything is going so well for YS. How clueless can she be?! Can't she tell that things are not okay with YS? She's so self-centered.

Actually, all of the sisters seem to be pretty self-centered. GT does like HJ, but knowing that he's got a rich brother, she's trying to force marriage as quickly as possible. That makes her seem utterly materialistic rather than really caring about HJ.

I thought the advice that GN got from her father about her re-marriage to Byung Ho was pretty good, though. In choosing to be with BH again, GN has got to seriously consider her life with him, and whether she's forgiven BH for his infidelity and won't want to fling it in his face whenever she gets upset with him, since all married couples fight at least now and again.

For what it's worth, I think having BH and his son go back to his place where his mother lives is a good step on her part in trying to mend fences. Anyway you look at it, it is not going to be easy.

The thing I was wondering about while watching the last few episodes is Bong Ja and Dol Se back when they were having their great love affair 35 years ago, whether they shouldn't have just run away together. It's true that DS stayed because of his ill wife and sons, however, DS was never happy and didn't seem as if he was faithful or anything. DS's wife died miserable and ultimately alone anyway since even though DS didn't run off with BJ, he didn't turn into a great husband and father or anything like that. DS seems to have had the attitude that not running off with BJ was sufficient, and he didn't have to do much more as a husband and father. BJ herself never married, though I keep wondering about the person that she's searching for. And, now GS and YS are feeling the fall out as well, and not able to be together.

I'm starting to think that it's right that both GS-YS and BJ-DS do separate, and each go on to live out their own lives as best they can. GS seems to have another suitor already whom she's dating, and I think there is a marriage proposal in the preview. That's just really fast after letting go of the person who loved her so much and who she loved.

Then again, GN also was planning on getting married to that conman since she didn't know that she was just a pawn in his con. It felt really soon after her divorce.

At least HJ found out that GT likes him for him regardless of the money. She's being rather conniving about keeping HJ in his brother's good graces, as well as getting the brother to accept her as HJ's partner. It's entertaining, but it does present HJ in a very different light to be so obedient to GT. I hope that she does love HJ regardless of the money in case HJ really does get cut off by his brother.

• Like 1

@stroppyseI do agree with Bong Ja and Dol Se relationship. To be honest their relationship are confusing and I don't know if I have to root for them or not. Other than I prefer for Ye Seul and Kwang Shik to be together, their history and love are strange to me. Both keep worrying about each other and Bong Ja for the pas years keep waiting for him to come to her. She believes that their love can conquer all obstacles, but what she didn't realize that Dol Se despite saying that his love only for her, has gone so much during his marriage life. Even if he didn't love his wife, he still have 2 sons together with his wife. He might be not care about Ye Seul but he cares a lot about Bae Seul during those years. I wonder if he didn't use Bong Ja as sort of escape route when his life was hard to bear. Both have decided to give up on their loves for the younger couple, but they didn't do much for the younger couple, hoping that time will resolve it. 

And for Kwang Shik, I don't know if she has moved on or trying to cut off Ye Seul from her life by becoming busy with her work. I don't think that she likes her boss yet, but from her talks that men who brings her flowers can make her flutter, well maybe perhaps? It's just sad that Ye Seul has to suffer alone. He has sacrificed so much of his life for the people he cares but life isn't very kind to him. 

For Kwang Tae, I think being together with Gi Jin will bring out her best. She's actually the most realistic of the sisters in her way of approaching way of life. I do hope that the money talks and goal can be ended already. At this time the Father should have just admitted that he's not in the higher position despite of his family came from a noble family. He need to lower his standard because it's not helping at all. 

1 hour ago, stroppyse said:

BJ herself never married, though I keep wondering about the person that she's searching for.

She's looking for the son of rice cake shop owner, isn't she? The one who took advantage of Taeng Ja when she was young? I think that man is the one who works at the chicken place. The one who can speak Chinese? 

• Like 1

Currently Watching List:

K-variety: 

2 hours ago, LaLa said:

It's just sad that Ye Seul has to suffer alone. He has sacrificed so much of his life for the people he cares but life isn't very kind to him. 

Yes, it's hard to watch his scenes because I feel so badly for him. It seems that he's suffered his whole life, and each time it seems as if he might have a chance to get something he wants, it slips away from him for whatever reason.

I no longer think that GS is good enough for YS. She has no loyalty, and she did look down on him some because of the differences in their education and family. That's why she didn't want to tell her family at first. I understand GS feeling badly for her aunt and all, but GS doesn't seem to actually talk things through with YS.

2 hours ago, LaLa said:

For Kwang Tae, I think being together with Gi Jin will bring out her best. She's actually the most realistic of the sisters in her way of approaching way of life. I do hope that the money talks and goal can be ended already.

Agree with you. GT has a streak of pragmatism in her. What she was lacking was maturity, but it seems as if she's slowly maturing as well. I think that GT and HJ could be good together, but GT needs to stop trying to game things.

2 hours ago, LaLa said:

At this time the Father should have just admitted that he's not in the higher position despite of his family came from a noble family. He need to lower his standard because it's not helping at all. 

Agreed. The whole family needs to get over the noble family background thing, and start thinking about the realities of life.

2 hours ago, LaLa said:

She's looking for the son of rice cake shop owner, isn't she? The one who took advantage of Taeng Ja when she was young? I think that man is the one who works at the chicken place. The one who can speak Chinese? 

Really? I totally missed that part. I'm surprised that he and TJ didn't recognize each other?

Anyway, also not sure whether to root for TJ and the nice chicken shop guy. The nice chicken shop guy is so young compared to TJ, though it's clear that he still cares for her. Don't think TJ ever felt anything for him though.

• Like 1
36 minutes ago, stroppyse said:

I no longer think that GS is good enough for YS. She has no loyalty, and she did look down on him some because of the differences in their education and family. That's why she didn't want to tell her family at first. I understand GS feeling badly for her aunt and all, but GS doesn't seem to actually talk things through with YS.

For this, I think she did this deliberately to break up with him when she found out about her aunt and Dol Se. She knew that Ye Seul really hates the woman who made his mother died in heartache because his father was cheating his mom with that woman. But GS felt indebted to her aunt because she's the one who raised and care for her when her own mother didn't even bother to do it. That's why she chose to break up with the excuse that she came from noble family and looks for someone with the same class as hers. 

Their lack of communication is really their biggest problem I think. Ye Seul wears his heart on his sleeves but Gwang Sik hides hers so tight that no one can figure it out if she doesn't tell it. 

42 minutes ago, stroppyse said:

Really? I totally missed that part. I'm surprised that he and TJ didn't recognize each other?

Anyway, also not sure whether to root for TJ and the nice chicken shop guy. The nice chicken shop guy is so young compared to TJ, though it's clear that he still cares for her. Don't think TJ ever felt anything for him though.

Maybe because their faces changed a lot? After all the incident happened when they were still teenagers. 

For the younger guy, I don't think Taeng Ja sees him as a potential man at all. She used him to steal his money after all. The younger guy is still smitten with her and when he found out that Ttu Gi might be his daughter, I think he will try to make their relationship happened. Not for themselves but probably for Ttu Gi sakes :thinking:

• Like 1

Currently Watching List:

K-variety: 

11 hours ago, LaLa said:

Their lack of communication is really their biggest problem I think. Ye Seul wears his heart on his sleeves but Gwang Sik hides hers so tight that no one can figure it out if she doesn't tell it. 

Agreed. YS does wear his heart on his sleeves and has been open all along about how he feels about GS. She, however, does not extend the same courtesy to him to discuss things. She just does what she thinks is right without giving YS any agency.

11 hours ago, LaLa said:

For the younger guy, I don't think Taeng Ja sees him as a potential man at all. She used him to steal his money after all. The younger guy is still smitten with her and when he found out that Ttu Gi might be his daughter, I think he will try to make their relationship happened. Not for themselves but probably for Ttu Gi sakes

True. TJ doesn't see him as a man right now. Just feel bad for the younger guy who is still smitten with her. I'm curious as to whether TG is his child.

11 hours ago, LaLa said:

Maybe because their faces changed a lot? After all the incident happened when they were still teenagers. 

Ugh. That owner's son was a real creep! I kind of hope that the chicken shop guy isn't him after all, but since this is kdrama with its endless coincidences, there is a good chance, he could be. Blech.

11 hours ago, LaLa said:

For this, I think she did this deliberately to break up with him when she found out about her aunt and Dol Se.

This part I get. It's just the lack of communication from GS to YS that I'm not crazy about, I guess. Plus, if GS starts dating that other guy. Oof.

• Like 1

Episode 34 - The best part was when YS' father tells GS off as to how she could separate from his son and then go marry another man so soon, especially when his son had given up on his own life. I totally agree as well! How could YS contemplate marrying another man so soon? I guess I'll have to give her the benefit of a doubt to say that GS may have been planning on turning down the Team Leader's proposal even without finding out about YS, as she eventually did. 

It does seem as if YS' father has completely given up on BJ. And, I agree with BJ as well, that each time he had to make a choice, he had not chosen her. So, she's probably better off not being with him at this stage any way.

The thing I don't like right now though is that both of the younger sisters are lying to their father about their prospective spouses. YS lies to the father that both of his parents are dead, though I assume this is on the advice of his father? HJ lies to the father that GT is pregnant, even if GT was the one who started that. It just feels a bit icky to start a marriage off by lying to someone.

Also, TG really is the nice chicken shop guy's daughter. Amazing that TJ didn't even know who TG's father was. TJ was definitely living a reckless life at the time. Happy for TG and her father that they've met up. Given that they've gotten along so well from the first time they met, I hope they are able to have a good, loving relationship with each other. Though TG is so protective of TJ, not sure how this story is going to go.

On 7/12/2021 at 5:36 AM, stroppyse said:

I guess I'll have to give her the benefit of a doubt to say that GS may have been planning on turning down the Team Leader's proposal even without finding out about YS, as she eventually did. 

Oh well.. it's nice to see the owner's son even if it's just for a short time. Hahahaha he's pretty tall and handsome :P

I'm happy to see Ye Seul and Kwang Shik got back together. But the father looked that he doesn't agree with the pair. Meh what does the father want from and look for his son in laws? Not every one like Byun Ho who is a lawyer and seemed to not have any flaws. He didn't know that Kwang Nam did suffer for Byun Ho debts. He thought his daughters are living her life well. 

YS lies to the father that both of his parents are dead, though I assume this is on the advice of his father?

This I wonder about this too. I mean both father are friends, won't it be easier to say the truth? Both fathers would probably fight a little and brags that their child is too good for the other but it won't be a big problem, in my opinion. After all the marriage for the aunt has been cancelled and both seemed agree to move on from that. 

Though TG is so protective of TJ, not sure how this story is going to go.

I'm thinking maybe Taeng Ja son who is the owner of tteokpokki stall will play more roles in this. And the older brother of the chicken shop owner will also meddle in the situation. 

You know, sometimes even if it's frustrating I could still think and get a positive lesson from a weekender like this. But in here I only get frustrated so far LOL. I did like the writer last project (Liver or Die) but in here, well... She's back to her old and frustrating plot just the same like Wang Family :psweatduck:

• Haha 1

Currently Watching List:

K-variety: 

4 hours ago, LaLa said:

This I wonder about this too. I mean both father are friends, won't it be easier to say the truth? Both fathers would probably fight a little and brags that their child is too good for the other but it won't be a big problem, in my opinion. After all the marriage for the aunt has been cancelled and both seemed agree to move on from that. 

YS' father knows that YS is dating GS who is his friend. However, because DS (YS' father) comes from a lower caste family than GS' father, and because he had been planning to marry GS' aunt, I think it is probably YS' father's idea for YS to claim being an orphan.

4 hours ago, LaLa said:

But the father looked that he doesn't agree with the pair.

The father is a bit silly with his pride. Even though his family is basically broke and living somewhat on the aunt's largesse, he can't seem to get rid of the whole family caste pride thing. He likes Byun Ho because he's a lawyer, so solid, dependable with a good profession. He doesn't like HJ who has a wealthy brother because that brother is a loan shark and his family isn't of a high caste. He doesn't like YS, even though YS literally saved his life because YS doesn't have any money and as a musician, he doesn't have a solid, respectable job.

4 hours ago, LaLa said:

She's back to her old and frustrating plot just the same like Wang Family

Good call. Definitely getting Wang Family vibes from this drama.

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

@stroppyse Are you still watching this drama? 

With the Olympics breaks I thought I'll forget about this one, but strangely I look for this drama even though I said I got frustrated with the drama plot. :psweatduck:

Gosh the writer is adding birth secret now. I have been thinking maybe Kwang Shik might not be the daughter of Lee. Maybe with this the older couple can get a chance since she's only related through the aunt, not from the noble family blood. But the strange man says in the preview that he's the biological father of Kwang Tae? Huh? 

And really I thought the youngest couple would be the sensible one. But I guess KT is blind with the big sum of money that she could have and keep spending money and acting might as if she is the one who make it. I knew I might be sound evil, but somehow I want PJ to face some crisis that made him lose lots of money so that it would be a reality slap for KJ and KT. Both really looking down on people when they were nothing before. PJ earned that money with his hard work but the one who brag about it are the others. :idk:

• Like 1

Currently Watching List:

K-variety: 

Hi @LaLa, yes, I'm caught up now.

7 hours ago, LaLa said:

Gosh the writer is adding birth secret now. I have been thinking maybe Kwang Shik might not be the daughter of Lee. Maybe with this the older couple can get a chance since she's only related through the aunt, not from the noble family blood. But the strange man says in the preview that he's the biological father of Kwang Tae? Huh? 

I was surprised that the birth secret came so late in the episode count, but it doesn't entirely surprise me that a birth secret is part of the plot. However, I was also thinking like you that Gwang Sik might be the one with the birth secret. However, perhaps it makes sense that Gwang Tae is the odd one out since it would have happened when their mother was fooling around with other men. Ugh, the sisters' mother is so trashy.

Anyway, I still don't see any legal reason why the aunt Bong Ja can't be with her man Dol Se. It's strictly a family issue, however, no matter how noble their lineage might have been, I don't know that it matters for jack any more. I mean, GS keeps talking about how the whole family didn't even have $10,000 to their name, plus the way the father flips out over money is actually kind of sad if he's truly of noble birth.

As for GT and GJ, I do rather wish that something would happen where they get the fear of not having money handed to them, though since PJ gave GJ a bulding of his own when he got married, GJ is probably set up for a comfortable life no matter what. However, GJ has no manners, and unfortunately, he married a woman who also doesn't really have any manners. Both GJ and GT do act like nouveau riche in their liking of bling and talking/showing off their money. I think that they are both good people underneath, but they're both very obnoxious right now. Even GT having to go back to part-time work because PJ wouldn't accept for awhile didn't seem to shake her basic lack of foundation and manners. Oh well.

I think that Gwang Nam and her husband will probably be fine, even though they're working through their various issues of being re-married. No matter how much resentment that BH's mother has towards GN, it's actually beyond ridiculous that she keeps insisting on and on about how her true daughter-in-law is the woman who raped her married son and then had his baby, before insisting that he leave his marriage instead. I hope she realizes how ridiculous she's being in her resentment.

As for the ending scene where GS declares that she won't see her family again until YS succeeds as a singer, that was rather poorly done of her as well. I get it that she's feeling put out because her husband isn't being given any consideration by her family, but that's still a bit of shocking behavior. Also, how could she slap her sister in front of her husband and their entire family?  Then both she and GT have a yelling fight at the table when there are elders present? Seriously shocking behavior.

Also, GS was ridiculous during her honeymoon. It's too bad because despite her flaws, I had been liking GS the best. However, for her to get so caught up in feeling some inferiority to her younger sister's flaunting of newfound wealth that she literally ignores her newly wed husband was just stupid.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

@stroppyse still watching? hahaha I for one can't wait for this drama to end in 3 weeks.. 

I knew that the man who said that Kwang Tae is her daughter is fishy. All he wants is to gain some money and because Gi Jin looks easy enough to fool, he targets him. He did the DNA tests, and got positive result soo... there's possible that man is Gwang Tae birth father. But because the Gwang Sisters' mother is painted not as a good mother, there's possibility that she's playing around like Taeng Ja did and had Gwang Tae out of her marriage with Cheol Su. I really just want to know what secret that make Cheol Su and Taeng Ja worried so much that is written in that old diary. Please just let it out, don't drag it anymore.

Sometimes watching the interaction between Gwang Nam and Byun Ho with his mother is tiring. Like there's no end of the mother comparison and nagging about the previous wife. I knew that she felt cheated for the last 15 years of their marriage, but it didn't mean that she has to make it as if she's the only one who suffered. She always thought that BH is a gold child that never wrong when one of the reason they struggled in the beginning of their marriage because of debt that he had. And to watch Gwang Nam suffered because of the IVF process, I don't know... On one side I want to wish for her success but there's possibility that she won't too. Bringing a child to their dysfunctional family isn't a good choice. It's not like her mother in law can change 180 degree if GN gets pregnant. She will only be more livid and fight against them more.

And Dol Se became sick? My my the writer really put every possible thing in drama plot in this series. This money problem will become another big hurdle for Ye Seul and Gwang Shik happiness. 

I thought the Ttu Gi family affair is already enough filler, now she add potential love line for Cheol Soo? My goodness :heiboi:

• Like 1

Currently Watching List:

K-variety: 

@LaLa, still watching, though I can't wait until it ends. However, I have to give it to this writer that I'm still watching, wondering how it's going to end rather than just dropping it.

3 hours ago, LaLa said:

I knew that the man who said that Kwang Tae is her daughter is fishy. All he wants is to gain some money and because Gi Jin looks easy enough to fool, he targets him. He did the DNA tests, and got positive result soo... there's possible that man is Gwang Tae birth father. But because the Gwang Sisters' mother is painted not as a good mother, there's possibility that she's playing around like Taeng Ja did and had Gwang Tae out of her marriage with Cheol Su.

He could really be GT's birth father since her mother was shown to be cheating on her husband with other men. Or he could have faked his sample somehow, by possibly stealing CS' DNA to get the match. Either way, that man is total scum, and only came out to try to get money having heard that GT had married a rich man. I do think that man probably knew GT's mother though, and knew that the story could possibly hold up since she was a cheating wife.

This will be really devastating for GT as well, especially she's currently in the "oh, poor little me, who never got love or respect from my family" nonsense. The Lee family may not be the warmest of families, but GT to feel ostracized by her own family is a bit too much, especially when she had ganged up against GS with GN when GS first started dating YS. The normal squabbles amongst family members, and that they are scolding her for her lack of manners are being interpreted by GT as their hating on her, but that's just her immature petulance right now.

However, finding out that she isn't CS' daughter would become a very big deal for her.

3 hours ago, LaLa said:

I really just want to know what secret that make Cheol Su and Taeng Ja worried so much that is written in that old diary. Please just let it out, don't drag it anymore.

True. That is the one thing that makes me wonder if GT really is that scum's birth daughter.

3 hours ago, LaLa said:

Sometimes watching the interaction between Gwang Nam and Byun Ho with his mother is tiring.

I agree. GN was in the wrong for the way she treated her mother-in-law for all those years, however, the MIL isn't any saint either. But, I think one of the reasons that the MIL is so persistent about Maria being BH's true wife and Blessing's true mother may be because deep inside the MIL knows that she's now in the wrong? Any way you look at it, GN was BH's first and true wife, and he had Blessing out of adultery. I still think that GN should have just walked away from the mess, but since she's in, she is trying to accommodate BH's mother.

However, GN never actually saw what a loving wife and mother looked like since her own mother was such a selfish pig who trained her daughters to be the same when she wasn't just flat out neglecting them.  In fact, I've been taking this entire drama as an object lesson of how women who don't have good role models in relationships deal with being in relationships. Their aunt was a de facto mother, but because their birth mother was around, the aunt was frequently side-lined rather than being a role model, plus the aunt wasn't married either.

None of the Gwang sisters have any idea what it is to be married and to have to deal with an extended family, nor to have children. So, GN was selfish in her marriage the first time, GS is totally carried away in her dented pride that her younger sister is doing so much better than her, and GT is totally self-absorbed in her own self as well. With all three sisters, there is little compassion or understanding of each other when their own egos are at issue.

3 hours ago, LaLa said:

And to watch Gwang Nam suffered because of the IVF process, I don't know... On one side I want to wish for her success but there's possibility that she won't too. Bringing a child to their dysfunctional family isn't a good choice. It's not like her mother in law can change 180 degree if GN gets pregnant. She will only be more livid and fight against them more.

I think for the relationship to survive, GN has to birth a daughter, in line with what the fortune teller had told BH's mother. A daughter wouldn't be competition for Blessing, and would be able to worm her way into her grandmother's heart, especially since she would also be of BH's bloodline. For fear of hurting a beloved granddaughter, BH's mother wouldn't be able to be so caustic and cutting down of GN, especially as both Blessing and the granddaughter start becoming old enough to understand.

Or BH and GN would have to decide that BH's mother needs to live by herself away from the core family for the sake of the children. BH's mother would be absolutely bitter about it, but there is nothing she could do about that since the children would be BH and GN as the legal parents. And anything she does would just show BH's mother to be a crazy woman who shouldn't be trusted with children. Not that I think it would get that far, but in a way, it would be good for BH's mother to understand that there is a limit to her caustic bitterness towards GN. Especially since BH's mother started really liking Maria AFTER she died and when GN moved back in. Before Maria died, BH's mother had started a long list of complaints about her as well.

3 hours ago, LaLa said:

And Dol Se became sick? My my the writer really put every possible thing in drama plot in this series. This money problem will become another big hurdle for Ye Seul and Gwang Shik happiness. 

I think DS will get well and probably end up with the aunt since who cares about appearances when there is a life to live, especially since DS had been near death.

The hurdle for YS and GS isn't actually about money. Rather, it's about GS' pride. She needs to let it go that GT married into a rich household and be happy with their own circumstances.

I didn't understand why GS would go on a honeymoon with GT and her husband anyway. It's a honeymoon, for goodness sake. GS wanted a free honeymoon, but didn't appreciate how that would actually make her feel to be there on her little sister's new husband's largesse. Yes, GT was lording it around a bit, but that's because GT has no manners nor any sense of responsibility or duty, as yet, either within her family or in society. What GT is working on right now is her imagination, plus what's she's read and seen online, most of which is very ego-oriented and not realistic anyway. GT has a good heart underneath everything, but she's too caught up in the novelty of having money which she translates to do doing anything and everything she wants.

GS and YS should have had either a small honeymoon that they can afford themselves, or even put off a honeymoon trip until they could afford it later. At the very least, if they accepted a honeymoon trip from KJ's brother as a present, then they should have insisted on going somewhere different where it could be all about GS and YS rather than what ultimately happened which is that GS became so unhappy at her little sister that it wasn't much of a honeymoon.

I was also very disappointed in GS that she wouldn't go visit DS, and so sent the shopping via delivery service rather than pop in to say hello to him and deliver them herself. It was GN's idea to send them by delivery, but GS was quick to jump on it as a solution to her discomfort with seeing DS by herself. It was just further proof that the Gwang sisters have very little actual knowledge of manners or duty. I was glad that CS scolded GS and YS at the hospital about their attention to DS.

3 hours ago, LaLa said:

I thought the Ttu Gi family affair is already enough filler, now she add potential love line for Cheol Soo?

I honestly think that Taeng Ja will die by the end of the drama. That way, TG will have happy memories of her mother and her father, but it will free GC from living for long with a woman who is more than twice his age. The age difference matters in this case because GC is about 27 and TJ is 55. People have free will, so if anyone with that kind of age difference wants to be together in RL, then more power to them and it's none of my business. However, within a drama, that's a hard gap to bridge.

The other reason that I think TJ will die by the end of the drama is that in the earlier episodes, she had gone to a doctor and gotten a prognosis, but then that story line dropped. I think it may have been set up to kill the character off?

Haven't watched today's episode yet, so may have more thoughts once I watch it.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Nohamahmoud2002 said:

Watching GN with her MIL is sooooo exasperating :Yikes:

Yes. I think the MIL needs to come off her high horse, at least for the sake of her son and grandson. GN is trying, but the MIL is so busy looking for reasons to hate GN further.

However, I noticed in the preview that BH doesn't show up for the implantation appointment at the hospital, and it sounded as if GN is asking for another divorce. From the preview, it seems that BH and GN went some place where she had gone with the scammer and she was recognized as the scammer's fiancee, and BH got his feelings hurt.

I guess I can understand getting his feelings hurt, but seriously now. BH went and slept with another woman, had a child with her, then divorced GN in order to be with the woman he had his adulterous affair with.

I actually hope that GN gets her second divorce from BH so that he can live in hell getting nagged and bossed by his mother. BH has been trying with GN as well, but it feels too toxic with GN and his mother. GN needs to get out of that toxicity.  Btw, it kind of makes me laugh to hear BH's mother talk about living with Blessing. BH and GN are Blessing's parents legally, so they have all the rights, and the mother has none. It's just a matter of how far to take it against one's own parent, I guess. Still, for Blessing's sake, they really need to try to normalize things in that household before he's old enough to start understanding what's going on. As it is, the constant tension can't be good for him either.

Also, could they please change his name and give him a proper name for goodness sakes? "Blessing" sounds better in English than in Korean. In Korean, they are just asking for Blessing to be beaten up as soon as he starts interacting with other children.

Or perhaps that is his given name? "Bok-deng"? His fetus name became his actual name? Ouch. Poor kid. On top of everything else he has to go through, he's stuck with that name.

• Like 1

Okay, I actually liked the lawyer. Once GN texts him asking for a divorce, he finally snapped out of it, and reflected on things. As it is, I appreciate that he took GN home and took a stand against his mother when the mother was being all witchy again, scolding them for trying to have a child and talking about how any child from GN's body couldn't be her grandchild since she won't accept GN as her daughter-in-law. The mother is very, very stubborn about it, insisting that it's all GN's fault for coming between her and her son, telling the son that he was just being manipulated by GN. Ouch.

The thing about all this is how little credit she gives her own son for being an adult, reasoning through things and capable of deciding what he wants. Then again, he did get dragged into divorcing GN to marry Maria by his mother, so maybe his mother has a point? LOL.  Anyway, it's clear that the mother is frustrated as all heck that her son still wants to be with GN, and is willing to go scorched earth to get her point across. Wonder when they'll break the news that she can leave their home if she wants, but she has no basis to take Blessing?

Also, it looks as if GT's father is the gambler after all. GT's mother had an affair with the guy who had been the father's friend while the father was out working. Double ouch.

• Sad 1
On 9/3/2021 at 2:12 AM, Nohamahmoud2002 said:

GT keeps squandering her rich BIL'S money. I don't like her attitude towards her sisters as well.

Agree. GT has an unhealthy approach to money, and her attitudes towards spending money is very nouveau riche actually, which both she and her husband are.

It's going to really suck for GT to find out that she was born out of a cheating affair that her mother had. Plus, once she finds out that her birth father is trying to get money from her husband, hopefully, that will change things in how she feels about money?

It is a bit late in the drama for them to introduce GT's birth father, so I assume that it will be a relatively fast resolution anyway.

Given that this is a KBS drama, GT will probably somehow have both her birth father who is reformed in some way as well as the father who raised her in her life, everyone co-existing happily and forgiven. sigh

• Like 1

Crazy.. they finally revealed the big secret about the diary for the last 3 episodes? 

I shouldn't be shocked about it but still shocked nonetheless.. the daughters didn't related at all with the father :shocked2:

On 8/23/2021 at 12:18 AM, stroppyse said:

The other reason that I think TJ will die by the end of the drama is that in the earlier episodes, she had gone to a doctor and gotten a prognosis, but then that story line dropped. I think it may have been set up to kill the character off?

Sorry for the late reply.. I saw the mention but forgot to reply. About this it has been solved in the beginning. If I remember correctly it's because she had haemorrhoids and it's curable. She's just being hyperbolic about it lol. In the end Ttu Gi is the winner. She got her parents and live together with them.

And who knows that what Gwang Nam and her mother in law needs are just a heart to heart talk. If they did this early their problems will be resolved soon.. 

And the problem between Gwang Sik and Ye Seul.. Ye Seul really forgot about every thing when he became a star. I don't like how his character is written like this almost at the end. I tried to understand that he just got swapped in the moment, but it's like he has grown another head by becoming an overnight star.. 

• Like 1

Currently Watching List:

K-variety: