Reset 开端 [2022]

QVFP8Fs.jpgTitle: 开端 / Kai Duan
English title: Reset
Genre: Suspense
Episodes: 15

Original Writing: Kai Duan (开端) by Qi Dao Jun (祈祷君)
Director: Sun Mo Long, Liu Hong Yuan (刘洪源), Lao Suan
Screenwriter: Lao Suan, Qiu Yu Jie (邱玉洁)
Broadcast network: Tencent
Broadcast period: January 11th, 2022

Cast

Bai Jing Ting as Xiao He Yun
Zhao Jin Mai as Li Shi Qing
Liu Tao
Huang Jue
Liu Dan

Synopsis:

Tells of two groups of people stuck in a time loop where they keep returning to the beginning of a day or incident.

In part one, Li Shi Qing experiences death over and over again on a bus, with each loop sending her back to the bus and back in time. To get off the bus, she accidentally dragged fellow passenger Xiao He Yun into the time loop. The two must try everything to make sure the bus gets to its destination safely to close the time loop.

Unbeknownst to them, Song Bo Dao is a delivery man also stuck in a separate but connected time loop. He is tasked with finishing his deliveries for the day, but for some reason can never deliver all of them, especially a package to someone called Xiao He Yun. Along the way, he finds pets and people in need of help, and helps them over and over again every day. One of them is writer Qin Rou Rou, who is immediately taken by his story and decides to help him decipher the solution to the time loop. They begin to date and fall back in love every day as he delivers her cat food to her and re-tells her their story. (Credit)

Additional Links

Weibo l Douban l Baidu

• Like 5
  • Clapping Hands 1
  • Party! 1
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have watched five episodes on Chinese platform.

It is a very interesting genre. Without reading the novel, it is very intriguing to see what is gonna happen. The pace is very good so far. The leading pair has good chemistry and dynamics. 

I can see why they casted BJT for this role. All those years at Who is the murderer have definitely helped him in this crime/puzzle solving role. :-)))))

• Like 1
  • Clapping Hands 3

I just finished episode 8!

OMG!!! This drama is soooo good!!! The story is original and interesting in itself, and the way it is done made is even better. Though the premise of being trapped in some sort of loop is very much fictional and super-natural, the story it tells or the core of the storyline is about ordinary human being and their ordinary life, and about how ordinary people try their best to "save the world". It is suspending but touching at the same time. 

A refreshing genre for C-drama and a must watch!!!

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1
  • Clapping Hands 2

I watched the 1st two episodes @Xiaopz_pj. Pretty interesting and I enjoyed it. Definitely not a genre that I have seen before in cdramas ( then again I don't watch many cdramas ). The leads are good and pair up well. And despite a fantasy premise, it wasn't confusing and was easy to follow the lead's train of thought. 

Some thoughts about eps 1 & 2 

Spoiler

She entered the loop first in episode one , and we saw her perspective on how she tried to change the outcome in various ways but she wasn't successful. Then when he died in the hospital ( despite her successful intervention to get him off the bus), he entered the reset loop as well. Eps 2 looked at it from his perspective and fortunately, he believed her quite quickly so after a couple of tries to reset & changed some circumstances , they managed to get off the bus safely but of course  can't save the others since no one will believe them. The problem now is that the cops think they are responsible for the bombing...

The subs for eps 1 was decent. The one for eps 2 was bad...as if autotranslated. My mandarin is elementary but this was just hmmm badly done. 

• Like 3
  • Clapping Hands 1

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: The Impossible Heir - Fri-Sat:  -  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - In Blossom, Guess Who I Am

@abs-oluteM I am glad that you enjoyed it. I think the subtitles on Viki might be better, if you are referring to the ones on youtube.

Anyway, I think what makes this drama stands out is its very real depiction of how normal people would behave in dangerous situations like this and the discussion (explicit and implicit) of what it is being a good person. The theme gets more and more emphasized as the storyline progresses. 

I also think that the premise of resetting is simple, yet it is not necessarily an easy job to tell the story of two people trapped in a never-ending repeat of cycles. How to make it interesting for the audience to watch repeating cycles and not get bored is hard, but I think the directors have done very well so far. 

• Like 2
  • Clapping Hands 2

All the episodes already, @Xiaopz_pj?!! :shocked2:

I started episode one today but had to do something else so I didn't get to finish. I'll finish it today and come back to write my thoughts. So far Viki has it subbed up to episode three. 

@stroppyse Maybe try out one or two episode to see how you like it? It's a bit different from all the other Chinese dramas and it's only 15 episodes and not the typical 30+ episodes. :laugh:

Stills released yesterday. 

• Like 1
  • Clapping Hands 2

@Xiaopz_pj I watched up to episode two and this is what I understand so far:

• LSQ is the one who was in the time loop first, she did at least five loops before XHY joined her. 
  • Regardless of if they stopped the bus from crashing into the oil tank, the bus is still going to explode. 

The time loop is connected to both of them -- meaning if one of them dies, the time loop starts again?

I'm enjoying it so far, I love the pacing and the acting. Can't wait to watch the rest of the drama. Why is it coming out so slow for international viewers? :letalQQ:

Tagging @mademoiselle @ktcjdrama @IpohBanana @SnT because I think you might like this drama too. Here's the trailer in case you want to check it out:

BTS

• Like 2
  • Clapping Hands 2

@Tofu I don't want to spoil anything, but you will know more about how the reset happens as the drama goes. I think it is quite well-done in terms of its logic and attention to details. All the questions you have as you watch it will be raised and answered by ML and FL in the drama. It also gets better and better...

It is become very popular in China - everyone is talking about it on Weibo. We are also wondering why it is sooooo slow in terms of airing. :letalQQ:

• Like 3
  • Clapping Hands 2

@mademoiselleit is a 15 eps drama which is super short for a cdrama. So far 8 episodes have been aired but I am not sure what the airing schedule is like. For you it's easy since you don't need subs.

My mandarin is like elementary level so I will still need some subs. So far up to eps 3 subs are available

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: The Impossible Heir - Fri-Sat:  -  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - In Blossom, Guess Who I Am

1 hour ago, abs-oluteM said:

@mademoiselleit is a 15 eps drama which is super short for a cdrama. So far 8 episodes have been aired but I am not sure what the airing schedule is like. For you it's easy since you don't need subs.

My mandarin is like elementary level so I will still need some subs. So far up to eps 3 subs are available

@Tofu has shared with me the schedule showing new episodes will be released every Tue and Wed. The 15th episode will be out 26th Jan. So I will check out episode 1 on the week before that... 20th-ish. That way IF it is good, I don't need to wait too long.

• Like 3
  • Clapping Hands 2