Reset 开端 [2022]

@ktcjdrama it gets better in the 2nd episode once both of them are aware of them being a loop

Eps 3: Gosh I could feel the frustrations of the leads as they are being interrogated by the cops who think that they are responsible for the bus explosion. And of course can't blame the cops who would naturally feel skeptical about this whole loop theory thing that they both keep telling them.

But I don't know if there's a reason why they are this loop, or why they would be in such a situation.  I guess the more important question here is how to get out of this, and it seems like our game developer has the answer. They were both discussing the situation before they got taken to the police station. He says that from a game's point of view to break into the next level, they would need to save everyone on the bus. That is the key. The fixed outcome is the explosion, everything else can have some sort of deviation.

-----------------------

@UnniSara @Chocolate @liddi maybe you guys might like this genre. Pretty interesting and not a long series. 

• Like 4
  • Clapping Hands 1

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: The Impossible Heir - Fri-Sat:  -  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - In Blossom, Guess Who I Am

13 minutes ago, abs-oluteM said:

it gets better in the 2nd episode once both of them are aware of them being a loop

Eps 3: Gosh I could feel the frustrations of the leads as they are being interrogated by the cops who think that they are responsible for the bus explosion. And of course can't blame the cops who would naturally feel skeptical about this whole loop theory thing that they both keep telling them.

LOL... I finished ep.3 already. Yeah, it's so frustrating to see the way the police is questioning them, especially the younger one. The older one still let people talk and more patient, the younger one is just so annoying for me. I dislike the way the police is handling the investigation. Like they don't use their brain to understand what's happening and just want to peg someone for the incident. I am just glad we have a smart ML.

Edited by ktcjdrama
  • Like 3
  • Clapping Hands 2

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Kidnapping // Dog Day // Lovers // Vote

@ktcjdrama  Charlie Zhou Shen does have an amazing voice. So soothing and I am becoming a fan of him.   

@abs-oluteM I will give this drama a chance after finishing THe Silent Sea. 

• Like 3
  • Clapping Hands 2

Favorite Favorite Artist  Bae Doona, Moon Chae Won, Gong Hyo Jin, Cho Seung Woo, Jang Hyuk,, Jo In Sung,  Gong Yoo

Drama watching now: Plot Love,  Chimera ,The Psychologist, Always have,Always will , Show Windows: Queens House

Happy to see that more people are jumping on the train. :smile:

I think the airing schedule on VIKI is probably one episode a day, whereas the schedule on Chinese platform is two-day a week, which is too little.

I can't wait for you guys to catch up, as it is getting more and more intense as we go.

@abs-oluteM I don't think the original novel talks about why they ended up in the loop, but I do hope there is an explanation later in the drama. I think now they both assume that you will get out of the loop if you can save everyone and stop the explosion. But on the other hand, they don't know if/when the loop will end abruptly, which means they still want to make the most out of each loop. 

I also agree that the police station scenes are really frustrating to watch, but again, if we accept that everything else is normal, it will be extremely hard to make a Chinese police officer to believe that you are trapped in the loop. :nervous:

• Clapping Hands 5

Here's the airing schedule:

Screenshot-20220114-171848-Samsung-Inter

I am assuming Viki will follow the non-VIP airing schedule. 

Thankfully, this drama is only 15 episodes long otherwise I don't know if I have the patience to wait for subs. Hahaha! 

@Xiaopz_pj That's good to know that it'll reveal more! Seeing that you're done with episode 8, that gives me hope that they've revealed quite a bit. 🥳

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Insightful 1
8 hours ago, Xiaopz_pj said:

I also agree that the police station scenes are really frustrating to watch, but again, if we accept that everything else is normal, it will be extremely hard to make a Chinese police officer to believe that you are trapped in the loop.

I have a few rants about the production, other than that, story/plot is going good and some great quotes already from the ML. 
The police Chief Du is made to be so smart, I was amazed, like she can pick up a lot of trivial clues, but so far I feel like that’s it, like she doesn’t process and assess the information she got properly. 
The beginning was hard for me to watch because I think they overdid it with the burnt injuries of the victims. Then the part when police got on the bus that was stopped on the bridge. I mean, a bomb is suspected to be present and they don’t wear any protective gear?? *pullingmyhair* 

• Haha 4

MTDzeiV.gif

3 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

I mean, a bomb is suspected to be present and they don’t wear any protective gear?? *pullingmyhair* 

True. Coming to think of it ...have you seen eps 4? I was surprised that they approached the bus with no protective gear too.

Anyway these details aside, I did like eps 4 because the drama took an emotional turn so to speak. The leads were no longer just passive participants of the loop. Their moral compass and values were being tested here as there was an opportunity for them to escape the loop when they got off the bus before the masked guy got on ( not sure if he is the one carrying the bomb). I liked that we got two very different responses from He Yun and Shi Qing , with the former seeing this as way for them to get out and the latter was moved immediately to try and save the rest of the people on the bus. These were both very human and natural responses.

I understood He Yun feeling annoyed with Shi Qing for calling the cops again , knowing full well that they won't believe her and it will be a repeat of what happened. So I  particularly liked that we got to see how torn He Yun was as he went back and forth internally deciding if he should "re-enter" the loop and join Shi Qing in trying to save the other passengers. Like what @Xiaopz_pj said in an earlier post , this is really a story about how ordinary humans do their best to save others when the odds are so against them. 

• Clapping Hands 4

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: The Impossible Heir - Fri-Sat:  -  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - In Blossom, Guess Who I Am

@abs-oluteM Thank you for the shoutout. The premise sounds interesting (reminds me a little of 2020 drama 失踪人口 Missing Persons), and the drama itself bite-size, so will definitely give it a go. 8 eps aired so far, so it's not that long a wait. Don't really know the cast apart from 白敬亭 Bai Jingting, though I do note the guest performances from Liu Tao and Liu Yijun, so looking forward to starting it.

周深 Zhou Shen is almost a staple in every Cdrama these days... and I am truly happy for him, having rooted for him since the early days of his career. He is a breathtaking singer, very versatile, unafraid to challenge new grounds, and as @ktcjdrama mentioned, a very witty person, perfect fit in variety shows as well.

Edited by liddi
  • Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

Signal, Thank You, Missing:The Other Side, Children of Nobody, Misaeng, Tree with Deep Roots, Story of a Man

步步惊心, 长相思, 琅琊榜之风起长林, 平凡的荣耀, 大鱼海棠, 九州缥缈录, 风声, 剑雨

Ice Kacang Puppy Love, Garden of Evening Mists

Mother, 空から降る一億の星, Ouroboros

1 hour ago, abs-oluteM said:

Their moral compass and values were being tested here as there was an opportunity for them to escape the loop when they got off the bus before the masked guy got on ( not sure if he is the one carrying the bomb). I liked that we got two very different responses from He Yun and Shi Qing , with the former seeing this as way for them to get out and the latter was moved immediately to try and save the rest of the people on the bus. These were both very human and natural responses.

Yes, I like this part too. Both have their valid points. I am not sure if it’s just about getting everyone off the bus... wouldn’t it means that everyone got into the loop then? 🤔😆 I am very curious about the who+why the bomb. Anyway, there is the story of the delivery guy too mentioned in the synopsis. I have yet to go into ep.5. 

The show did well for the repeated loop that we get to see different things playing out each time instead of the same things. 

• Like 2
  • Insightful 2

MTDzeiV.gif

9 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:
18 hours ago, Xiaopz_pj said:

I have a few rants about the production, other than that, story/plot is going good and some great quotes already from the ML. 
The police Chief Du is made to be so smart, I was amazed, like she can pick up a lot of trivial clues, but so far I feel like that’s it, like she doesn’t process and assess the information she got properly. 
The beginning was hard for me to watch because I think they overdid it with the burnt injuries of the victims. Then the part when police got on the bus that was stopped on the bridge. I mean, a bomb is suspected to be present and they don’t wear any protective gear?? *pullingmyhair* 

@ktcjdrama I have not reached that scene yet but from ep 1, the questioning the suspect/ witness  was all wrong. Only the Captain shown he was a veteran and stayed objective.  I will agree the drama is good  and I am now on episode 3z 

So glad this drama is short.  Because I would be ranting a lot and end up dropping it. I realized why there are so many inconsistencies, it is due to the fact this isn’t a crime drama but a sci-fi mystery drama where they need to solve the puzzle to stop the time loop. 

• Like 1
  • Clapping Hands 3

Favorite Favorite Artist  Bae Doona, Moon Chae Won, Gong Hyo Jin, Cho Seung Woo, Jang Hyuk,, Jo In Sung,  Gong Yoo

Drama watching now: Plot Love,  Chimera ,The Psychologist, Always have,Always will , Show Windows: Queens House

Finished ep.8. Best episode so far. Intense... Seems like there's more than 1 person on the bus involved regarding the bomb. Can't wait for more episodes to be released!

In ep.6-7 

Spoiler

The part when Lu Di hugged his father was so moving... I teared up. And then the story about the watermelon uncle too.

LOL, I had guessed what's inside the backpack of Lu Di. Too bad he isn't in the loop... I thought he is an interesting character to add to the team. I can already sense jealousy from XHY haha... 

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1

MTDzeiV.gif

@abs-oluteM I think the ViKi and YO-YO airing schedule is Tue - Fri, which means episode 5 will come tomorrow. It is too slow… 

Due to BJT’s efforts, they have added one episode to the VIP schedule this week :CharmanderYay:

20 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

Finished ep.8. Best episode so far. Intense... Seems like there's more than 1 person on the bus involved regarding the bomb. Can't wait for more episodes to be released!

In ep.6-7 

Reveal hidden contents

The part when Lu Di hugged his father was so moving... I teared up. And then the story about the watermelon uncle too.

LOL, I had guessed what's inside the backpack of Lu Di. Too bad he isn't in the loop... I thought he is an interesting character to add to the team. I can already sense jealousy from XHY haha... 

Episode 8 is sooo good. They moved from trying to make you cry to trying to make you scared in no time. The last two scenes were haunting… 

I really need to avoid spoilers on Weibo… I think the watching experience is much worse when the suspension is gone.

• Like 2
  • Clapping Hands 2

Am watching all the trailers while waiting for eps 5 subs @Xiaopz_pj. Yes, too slow...I keep checking ...LOL

The leads' chemistry gets better and better each episode.

Ep 6

Spoiler

Eps 7

Spoiler

Eps 8

Spoiler

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, Xiaopz_pj said:

I don't like that there is so much difference in terms of airing schedule between Chinese platforms and international ones. I can't talk about it with you guys as I do

Same here! I want to talk about it but no one has watched it yet! 😞😆😂 I agree, this kind of drama should be watched spoiler free for best experience. 

Can I just put in spoiler? Don’t open if you haven’t watched ep.9-10

Spoiler

- We have a hug!! Although the context was rather sad because it is more like a parting hug. 
- Notice the same ringtone at the beginning of the ep.9. It’s the phone of the female police officer in front of the computer!! Does she have anything to do with the explosion then??

- Seems like we have been given the backstory of all the passengers except for muscle guy with headphone. Why are we not knowing anything about him yet? Does he also have anything to do with the explosion then??

Putting in spoiler again in case you accidentally open this spoiler 😁

Spoiler

So it is confirmed that Bus Driver knows Pot Lady, wonder if they are, or used to be, husband and wife. Why the police search didn’t come up with this relations? Because of the female police officer with the same ring tone? Are they family? In LSQ’s flashback, we know that Bus Driver has a grown up daughter from same university of LSQ, but the way he talked about her seemed to be full of sadness/regret. Not of joy and pride. Something happened to her? Is that the reason for the bomb? 

The subsequent explosions had me screaming “Noooo!!” Especially that one on the bridge. So close and yet....aaarghhh!! 

Can’t wait for new episodes!!

• Like 1
  • Clapping Hands 2

MTDzeiV.gif

@Xiaopz_pj @ktcjdrama please go ahead and discuss . Putting in spoiler like that is fine.

I actually don't mind spoilers but so far I have not peeked at the ones you guys wrote. :hug:

@40somethingahjumma also recommended this to me and I think she's up to speed.

• Like 3
  • Party! 1

Ep.11-13 is out, and I have finished them. This drama is really good. Not just the suspense but it also touches a lot on the human part, which we all agree and appreciate. I'm not going to say much so as not to spoil it. I was mostly on the edge of my seat while watching.

There's a way to quickly watch for those impatient for subs... You can watch it with image translator (phone app) in one hand. Google Translate should be able to immediately translate the Chinese subtitles on the screen  :lenny:

• Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 1

MTDzeiV.gif

Thanks for tagging me. 

Yes, I've finished all the available episodes (binged watch the whole lot in a day and a half) very impressed with the storyline and the performances. I'm especially enamoured with Bai Jingting's performance here especially after Episode 8. He's a completely different person to the one he played in You Are My Hero and I love what he does here. I remember Zhao Jinmai from the excellent Reborn and considering her age she's holding her own.

Some things seemed pretty obvious from the start but there's no doubting that the storytelling is the star of this show. This isn't just a race to find the culprit and avert a man-made disaster but about the "nameless" victims who have people who love and care about them. There's a nice growth arc too for the leads who are a couple of scared, inexperienced youngsters trying to find answers to all kinds of questions. Through their points of view and interactions with the rest of the ensemble cast, little by little they catch glimpses of the bigger picture. As they grope in the dark and deal with their own fears, they come out more courageous.

Initially the show reminded me of 365 Repeat the Year but I'm gradually thinking Kairos. Whatever time skip/loop drama springs to mind, this is definitely about second chances and finding the pieces of the puzzle that constitutes "the truth".

It's definitely a good police procedural, psychological thriller on some level but it also manages to bring to the surface all kinds of familiar social issues that beset us all.

All C dramas should be this trim and terrific. 

• Like 1
  • Clapping Hands 4

Currently Watching: Queen of Tears, In Blossom

"Love is not an affectionate feeling but a steady wish for the loved person's good as far as it can be obtained." -- CS Lewis.

When I was watching eps 5 & 6 , I was tickled seeing how He Yun felt a little threatened or perhaps jealous that she was excited that LuDi (Cat Apostle ) may be able to join them in the loop! Anyway I do like seeing the progress in the leads' relationship. At least now they are both in sync and clear about their mission to save the rest. 

Bai Jing Ting's expressions are so good. He was actually rather cynical that LuDi would genuinely believe them :laugh:

• Star Struck 1
  • Heart Eyes 2

@ktcjdrama I am also up to speed now (episode 13). What a ride! I think the pace after episode 6 is on a totally different level, like a plane has taken off. 

Regarding episode 7-13:

Spoiler

I was constantly on my edge when watching these episodes. The stories of passengers are touching and sad, especially the guy with the suitcase (Lao Jiao). I really like how the drama reveals the side stories in a way that is tightly intertwined with the main plot: it hit you in unexpected time and spot.

Then we have the main characters... what XHJ went through in episode 8-9 is just brutal and heartbreaking. It sort of made us wonder whether they will ever get out of the loop, psychologically, and the courage it took for them to continue this route. 

I also liked how they portrayed the relationships between the two leads. It was never explicit, but with all they have gone through, everything can be left unspoken, all you need is a hug, a hand, or simply sitting next to each other in a place that is not bus 45. The seaside scene was nicely done in that regard.

Now we know the whole story of who and why, but we still don't know why Wang Mengmeng got off the bus five years ago. With two episodes to go, the netizens are going crazy with all kinds of theories, as the ending will for sure be different from the novel. Some were even suggesting a double loop...

Anyway, I don't want to speculate too much, but one thing I have noticed is that every detail in this drama matters. We have seen that over and over again (e.g., why the bus driver only let LSQ off in loops where she claimed to be harassed; why the bus driver didn't accept LSQ's gloves as gifts). So my question is why does the female office have the same ringtone that triggers the bomb? This cannot be a coincident. Also, why did XHY become weaker and weaker?

@abs-oluteM I really liked the interactions between the main leads in episode 5-6. I feel they are the last light-hearted moments before the crazy run later. XHY's small expressions are so cute when he was talking about how he became stronger. hahaha. I think LD's character also resonated with many people who are "stuck" in the virtual world (er ci yuan in Chinese).

@40somethingahjumma Welcome! Always nice to see you in the same thread and look forward to reading more comments from you on this drama! 

Edited by Xiaopz_pj
  • Awesome 1
  • Clapping Hands 2

@Xiaopz_pj about your questions

Spoiler

I think the ringtone of female police officer was just a coincidence to show the reaction of LSQ towards it, so that Zhang could notice that unusual reaction from her. 

Yes, I also wonder why XHY is affected physically by the loop, so much so that he had nosebleed, but LSQ is just fine. 

MTDzeiV.gif

@ktcjdrama

Spoiler

But her phone rang once already in previous episodes... I don't know if that has any purpose. 

Anyway, I forgot to mention that the police office scene in EP 12 is really great. I like how they are so experienced now they play this "hide and seek" game with the police so that they can stay in the station to gather more information from them. Our leads are really smart and cute :love:

Zhao Jinmai posted this picture on Weibo today...

https://imgur.com/I2muiLj

To which, BJT replied with this screenshot of chat

https://imgur.com/qoSm3pF

Translation:

Zhao: I want to post this picture on Weibo. Do you want me to Photoshop(retouch) it a bit?

Bai: You think there is any point in PS this photo? 

hahahahaha :laugh:

Edited by Xiaopz_pj
  • Haha 1