Love Like the Galaxy 星汉灿烂 [2022]

Tofu

Love Like the Galaxy 星汉灿烂

U3d7I1W.jpg

Chinese Title: 星汉灿烂 / Xing Han Can Lan

Adapted from the Novel: Xing Han Can Lan, Xing Shen Zhi Zai (星汉灿烂,幸甚至哉) by Guan Xin Ze Luan (who wrote The Story of Minglan)

Director: Fei Zhen Xiang
Script Writers: Zou Yue

Genre: Historical, Romance
Episodes: 56 Total (Part 1 - 27 episodes, Part 2 - 29 episodes)

Broadcasting Network: Tencent Video
Airing Date: July 5th, 2022

Synopsis

The daughter of the Cheng family was named Cheng Shao Shang. She was left behind by her grandmother by her parents and became a "left-behind child" because of the war. Faced with numerous traps, Cheng Shao Shang is alive, falsely absurd, really hard to learn, cover up her edge and wait for her parents to return. But when you see the moonlight out of the dark clouds, the family relationship is hard to pick up due to years of estrangement. Cheng Shao Shang, who lacked love, met the new emperor's righteous son Ling Bu Yi, Bailu Shan talented Yuan Shen, and aristocratic son Lou Yao. The three have their own advantages and disadvantages. In choosing marriageable persons, Cheng Shao Shang is both inferior and pragmatic. Although the emotional road is quite bumpy, she never regrets every choice she makes. In getting along with Ling Bu Yi, by mistake, she was also involved in the mystery of Ling Bu Yi's family and life experience. Through various incidents, Cheng Shao Shang has repeatedly made remarkable achievements, and learned how to get along with her parents and how to manage her love from the unsuspecting family relationship. At the same time, Cheng Shao Shang and Ling Bu Yi also changed and matured with these experiences, slowly reconciling with themselves and their family, and insisting on inner justice, and thus working together to resolve the national crisis, and make a good story. (Credit)

Websites

Weibo | Baidu

• Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 2

Cast.

55.png

Wu Lei as Ling Bu Yi

Zhao Lu Si as Cheng Shao Shang

Guo Tao as Cheng Shi

Zeng Li as Xiao Yuanyi

Xu Jiao as Cheng Yang

Li Yun Rui as Yuan Shen

Yu Cheng En as Lou Yao

Estelle Chen as He Zhaojun

Zhang Yue as Wan Qiqi

Sha Bao Liang as Ling Yi

Peng Yang as Sang Shunhua

Zhang Tian Yang as Cheng Zhi

Xu Di as Grandmother Cheng

Jiang Yi Ming as Cheng Song

Bao Jian Feng as Emperor

Tong Lei as Empress Xuan

Cao Xi Wen as Consort Yue

Wang Zhuo Cheng as Crown Prince Yuan

Gao Han as Third Prince

Shi Shi as Wang Yanji

Wang Zi Wei as Fifth Princess

Zhao Zi Qi

• Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 1
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

@Tofu @abs-oluteM  Actually I am picky about political dramas (LOL) but you are spot on, if Zhao Lu Si is there AND it's a costume-drama, then I am very likely to watch it. I skipped her recent modern drama, didn't quite fancy the storyline as well. But Wu Lei, I missed him in Long Ballad and I haven't seen him since NOF, so all the more reason I will watch. Just that it's 66 episodes, sigh. You know I'll likely wait for mid-point to start watching as I don't want to wait and wait and wait for the new episodes.

• Haha 1
  • Party! 1
26 minutes ago, abs-oluteM said:

@IpohBanana considering that I watch very slowly , you may even end up faster than me even if you start at mid-point. I hope I can survive 66 episodes!  :thinking:

lol, I know what you mean. I have a really bad habit, if we were to divide 66 into 4 parts right, I would skip from episode 40 till 50ish, then watch seriously from 54 till the end. Usually those parts are draggy and things typically aren't going well for the protagonist...but you know what, who knows censorship will slash and it won't be 66 by the time it's released. LOL

• Haha 2
8 minutes ago, IpohBanana said:

lol, I know what you mean. I have a really bad habit, if we were to divide 66 into 4 parts right, I would skip from episode 40 till 50ish, then watch seriously from 54 till the end. Usually those parts are draggy and things typically aren't going well for the protagonist...but you know what, who knows censorship will slash and it won't be 66 by the time it's released. LOL

Oh they can do that ? Slash the episodes? I don't watch cdramas as much. Didn't realise...ooo no wonder sometimes the editing is so bad. LOL

• Like 2

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: The Impossible Heir - Fri-Sat:  -  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - In Blossom, Guess Who I Am

Just now, abs-oluteM said:

Oh they can do that ? Slash the episodes? I don't watch cdramas as much. Didn't realise...ooo no wonder sometimes the editing is so bad. LOL

Yes, for sure, expect to see episodes being reduced. In fact, at one time last year, it was officially announced that they would want dramas to reduce the number of episodes, as the intention to drag it out is for advertising income and the show becomes draggy. So yah, do expect occasionally bad editing.

• Like 1
  • Insightful 2
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...

For now this is the only cdrama I am anticipating....

Oh is this fantasy? This is the synopsis from 

https://www.avirtualvoyage.net/2021/12/first-character-posters-for-love-like-the-galaxy-with-wu-lei-and-zhao-lu-si.html

Love Like The Galaxy (星汉灿烂) is adapted from the novel written by Guan Xin Ze Luan (the same author for The Story of Ming Lan) and at the recent Tencent Annual Drama Line Up, they have confirmed Zhao Lu Si and Wu Lei. There’s a time-traveling element in this drama. Our heroine in the modern world grew up in a divorced family; she lives with her grandma, making her quite wild and unruly, she does what she wants. On chance, she time-travels to the past and becomes the youngest daughter of a General’s family. Due to war, her parents are constantly in battle, bringing along her three older brothers for years, leaving her behind with her grandma. When they finally return, years of estrangement creeps in but her father and brothers dote on her. Except for her mother, who is extremely strict with her and our girl fans the fire by fighting right back. Despite mom being a tough lady, going to war, etc, she expects the opposite of her daughter – to be gentle, to be well-read (actually, she just can’t read ancient Chinese because she’s from the modern world), to be graceful. Since she’s of marriage age when they return, they become concerned that their daughter’s personality doesn’t fit in with the rich, high-ranking sons of officials, so they think it’s safer to settle for a low-ranking family. However, their troublesome daughter repeatedly meets with several high-ranking men, getting engaged and breaking the engagement several times.

• Clapping Hands 1

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: The Impossible Heir - Fri-Sat:  -  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - In Blossom, Guess Who I Am