Love Like the Galaxy 星汉灿烂 [2022]

Tofu

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...

I just finished episode 4 , I am feeling so bad for Cheng Shao Shang. She just want to feel love but it looks like she will be having more fights with her mother. Now she will have to compete Cheng Yang for her mother's love. 

I am quite worried that Cheng Yang is pretending to be a sweet girl and caring . I really hope that she isn't just faking it at all. 

I know Cheng Shao Shang's mother loves her, she is just so used tp ruling with an iron fist and refuses to change her tacttic for her daughterr. Is she wrong or is she right in wanting to teach her daughter like a soldier?

• Like 3

Favorite Favorite Artist  Bae Doona, Moon Chae Won, Gong Hyo Jin, Cho Seung Woo, Jang Hyuk,, Jo In Sung,  Gong Yoo

Drama watching now: Plot Love,  Chimera ,The Psychologist, Always have,Always will , Show Windows: Queens House

So far Chang Yang seems like a good daughter/Niece but her mother is still trying to ruin her life. Cheng Yang appears to have her father’s temperament. Cheng Yang’s mais a a piece of work , almost sowed Discord between everyone. I love they way all the Cheng Kid all sticker together. They miss growing up with their sister, so they bought her a lot of gifts . 

I will admit I was kinda mad that her  Second Brother Cheng went to study instead of staying with his daughter. Although his family would mistreat her at all. 

Niao Niao’s grandmother is another piece of work. I don’t understand why all her son’s allow her to act with low class. She prefer boys and ignore all the female in her family. She will also be easily manipulated because she isn’t that smart  but is very ruder @Chocolate @mademoiselle  

I

• Like 2

Favorite Favorite Artist  Bae Doona, Moon Chae Won, Gong Hyo Jin, Cho Seung Woo, Jang Hyuk,, Jo In Sung,  Gong Yoo

Drama watching now: Plot Love,  Chimera ,The Psychologist, Always have,Always will , Show Windows: Queens House

6 minutes ago, UnniSara said:

I will admit I was kinda mad that her  Second Brother Cheng went to study instead of staying with his daughter. Although his family would mistreat her at all. 

This part maybe not as properly elaborated in the drama but the second brother stayed back to take care of their mothers even though he loves studying, he didn't get a chance to when younger. So the brothers now are making up to him by encouraging him to go.

8 minutes ago, UnniSara said:

Niao Niao’s grandmother is another piece of work. I don’t understand why all her son’s allow her to act with low class. She prefer boys and ignore all the female in her family. She will also be easily manipulated because she isn’t that smart  but is very rude

Hahahaha yes, the grandma is annoying and loud. However, she is quite comedic at the very near end. She prefers boys because it's typical Chinese culture. It's quite funny too in the sense that she particularly loves "pretty" boys. 😆

On 7/10/2023 at 10:12 PM, UnniSara said:

I know Cheng Shao Shang's mother loves her, she is just so used tp ruling with an iron fist and refuses to change her tacttic for her daughterr. Is she wrong or is she right in wanting to teach her daughter like a soldier?

Yeah, she doesn't know or understand how to love Shao Shang the way Shao Shang wanted. And she's also very worried that Shao Shang isn't well-educated, so she in a hurry to teach her the way she knows how, but not really understanding the way Shao Shang could accept.

===

Are you enjoying this? 😊 I think when Ling Bu Yi appears formally is when the show becoming extra entertaining, although I think by around episode 7 I'm already engaged because of the confrontational scene of Shao Shang vs Mum — that was very well played out.

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1
32 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

Are you enjoying this? 😊 I think when Ling Bu Yi appears formally is when the show becoming extra entertaining, although I think by around episode 7 I'm already engaged because of the confrontational scene of Shao Shang vs Mum — that was very well played out.

I am enjoying this drama  @mademoiselle  One of my issues with Cdrama & kdrama is the mistreatment of Female lead while the other female characters get treated so much better. 

Shao Shang and her mom are hilarious. Mom is truly a lost cause , she is set in her ways. She missed the opportunity to spoil her daughter and teach her daughter the proper way to act as a lady but her momm seems to forget that if Shao Shang did it calculate she would have been dead already.  That second AUNT tried to kill Shao Shang 

Glad to have you to talk to  about this drama.  I am quite invested for now.  I hope I can finish this drama :lmao2:

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, UnniSara said:

I hope I can finish this drama

So do I. You shan't be too disappointed with this drama. We all loved it very much at the time.

4 minutes ago, UnniSara said:

One of my issues with Cdrama & kdrama is the mistreatment of Female lead while the other female characters get treated so much better.

Yes, I know what you mean but another reason why I like this drama because Shao Shang is no damsel in distress kind of girl, and she has a super powerful ML protecting her later :laugh:

• Clapping Hands 2
14 minutes ago, UnniSara said:

Glad to have you totally about this drama.  I am quite invested for now.  I hope I can finish this drama 

You should be able to. It's quite entertaining. Both leads are also strong in their own way and a joy to watch.

I've rewatched this so many times I've lost count lol. But usually, I start only from ep6 onwards until ep41, with some favourites in between eg 12 and 24 😍.

• Like 2
  • Clapping Hands 1
4 minutes ago, Chocolate said:

I've rewatched this so many times I've lost count lol. But usually, I start only from ep6 onwards until ep41, with some favourites in between eg 12 and 24 😍.

Wow, that means the actors did a wonderful job.  You are correct Shao Shang is a strong character and Ling Bu Yi is another smart and strong character.  LBY is so smitten with Shao Shang. Lol lol 

@mademoiselle @Chocolate Leo Wu has  matured so well as an actor and person. He channeled Hu Ge from Nirvana in Fire. 

• Like 2
  • Clapping Hands 1

Yuan Shen approached Shao Shang and already misunderstand her, boy he is in a big surprise because she is definitely not into him. He seems to be harboring feeling for  Shao Shang’s third aunt, but his love is very happy with her husband eve though her MIL is selfish and has low class. 

P.S I am still watching but at a slow pace. Still enjoying it 

• Like 1

I have. completed Love like the Galaxy my own way. But skipping and only watching the characters I love.. 

My favorite are The Emperor, Shao Shang & her family, General Huo , The Emperor's Concubine Yue and The Empress

I found this clip , enjoy it, all my favorite scenes with all my favorite people

The Emperor is hilarious . he cracks me up with his antic to dote on General Huo. 

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Tofu said:

@mademoiselle I've been rewatching dramas lately and I think I'm due for a LLTG rewatch. I finished Brahms the other night. LOL!

Hahaha! I watched first 2 episodes and still at awe with the cinematography and just how Wu Lei presented himself in there. His previous modern drama just doesn't make me feel like that.

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1