Love Like the Galaxy 星汉灿烂 [2022]

Tofu

@mademoiselle @OsmanthusTea in the drama Buyi always know Ling Yi is his father's killer. There was a flashback shown in one of the OST where he saw LingYi kill his father. But I think he also want to know everything that happens that cause the City falls and also the delayed help from the others. I can understand because in his shoulder he's carrying the weight of the his family, Gu City's poeple and also indirectly all the people that died wanting to help like Qian An Wang... How to forgive.. how can he forgive.... Sigh...

---

On a side note.. watching all the sweet scenes.. while also having the God's perspective as an audience makes my stomach hurt... because the elephant in the room (Buyi''s secret) is so loud!!!! I dread knowing how hurt SS will be.. Yet, I cannot stop watching.... 

--

On another hand... I'm glad the show is maintaining the imperfect theme of all the characters. 

--

81 is correct... yuefei is correct.. yet the emperor is also correct.... why the emperor did not pursue anymore.. IMHO was because the people's are dead.. its not that he's sheltering the guilty people.. but he want to look forward.. what he's trying to maintain is the stability of the nation. So I do understand his side. 

Yet.. 81 is also not wrong... In my mind I'm circling back the my argument.. How can he forgive???? Sigh...

Poor SS...  

• Like 4
  • Clapping Hands 1

@Lynne Yes. Zi Sheng endured and shouldered all that pain and hatred, pretending to be Ling Bu Yi for 15 years only for one reason - justice for his family and the innocent lives lost that night. He can't forget or forgive even if he wanted to... the aunt constantly loses her mind yelling "they were all killed/dead!". Even if this is all an act, he can't forget.

• Like 3
  • Sad 2
7 minutes ago, OsmanthusTea said:

@mademoiselle

I always love cloak scenes in the drama....:GengarCool: ZS' entrance also involved a cloak swirling....:wow:

One really good visual I like about this drama is Wu Lei riding the horse. Because he knows how to ride one the camera can take the whole shot of him on the horse and no need to fake, which is a pleasure to watch. And he's always so "cool" riding it that it looks swoony lol.

Love cloak...is this inclusive of Superman? 😆

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
9 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

One really good visual I like about this drama is Wu Lei riding the horse. Because he knows how to ride one the camera can take the whole shot of him on the horse and no need to fake, which is a pleasure to watch. And he's always so "cool" riding it that it looks swoony lol.

There are few C actors who look totally regal on horses according to my little black book. Wallace Chung, Shawn Duo and now Wu Lei. I think most actors do know how to ride horses if they go to acting school. I'm sure that's part of their curriculum.

Superman is great in cape IF only IF he put on his underwear INSIDE :GengarCool:

Edited by OsmanthusTea
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

I love a good cape scene and Ling Buyi had so many good ones! 

These gifs are a bit late, but he looks so :wow:

LLTG-88v2.gif

LLTG-89.gif

Spoiler

LLTG-90.gif

LLTG-91.gif
LLTG-92.gif

LLTG-94.gif

Spoiler

LLTG-95.gif

By the way, I can't believe they were drinking tea the entire time this was happening. Haha!

Spoiler

LLTG-93.gif

• Like 2
  • Star Struck 1
  • Heart Eyes 3
13 hours ago, OsmanthusTea said:

@mademoiselle

Aahhh, I thought so too. So does he remember seeing LY murdered General Huo?

Actually his armor doesn’t looks bad IF there’s no SS’s explanation 😂😂

And if without SS's explanation, they armor really look majestic :laugh:and ss's explanation spoil everything :PiplupCry:

14 hours ago, OsmanthusTea said:

Are you going to just stand there frozen, WuLei?!?!? Be a man!! Do something!!

Girrrrlllllllllllllllllll..*internal screaming* SS taking the initiative and kissing him!! Maybe Zheng was surprised by the sudden kiss by SS, but you should reply back with kisses!! What were you thinking, Zisheng??!!??

5 hours ago, Tofu said:

Really random, but I guess I've been watching this drama too much because my nephew (he's 9) has been whistling the opening song all day. :lmao2:

NGL...I love the opening and End song 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
11 hours ago, OsmanthusTea said:

There are few C actors who look totally regal on horses according to my little black book. Wallace Chung, Shawn Duo and now Wu Lei. I think most actors do know how to ride horses if they go to acting school. I'm sure that's part of their curriculum.

Superman is great in cape IF only IF he put on his underwear INSIDE :GengarCool:

When I was new to C-drama years back then and got to know some actors and actresses faking horse riding, I was shocked and almost couldn't believe it. Also a scene where ML carries the FL using the table. I CANT!! :KittyGun:

12 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

. Even the multiple scenes of Emperor showing more attention to Consort Yue and the Empress feeling left out isn't emphasized like that in the book. Tsk. 

I feel very sorry for the empress though.:cry: 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

@Tofu :wow:  Thank you for the gif!!! You're awesome!

696ab73b5aff762f854c13295f19d636e5a4f16bd211470baab89e6937928f19ef8a551b19ea0523

LOL this scene... literally showing off his special treatment from the emperor.

5 hours ago, Yana said:

When I was new to C-drama years back then and got to know some actors and actresses faking horse riding, I was shocked and almost couldn't believe it. Also a scene where ML carries the FL using the table. I CANT!! :KittyGun:

I actually saw some clips on this on YouTube :laugh:

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Haha 3
  • Clapping Hands 1
1 hour ago, mademoiselle said:

@Tofu :wow:  Thank you for the gif!!! You're awesome!

696ab73b5aff762f854c13295f19d636e5a4f16bd211470baab89e6937928f19ef8a551b19ea0523

LOL this scene... literally showing off his special treatment from the emperor.

I actually saw some clips on this on YouTube :laugh:

Maybe they want to protect the actors and actresses as well as the animals. Because handling animals is not easy, especially horses, such big animals, Kudos to those actors and actresses who are able to handle the horses while filming dramas or movies.🙌🏻

• Like 2
7 hours ago, Yana said:

Because even though some of C actors are more than capable of handling the horses, we can’t say the same for the cameramen and the crews. Those close up shots on the horses can’t be done on the real horses because it will required a super cowboy cameraman team who are skilled in both acrobatic, equestrian, taking great pictures and have nine lives like cat

• Like 5
20 minutes ago, Yana said:

Maybe they want to protect the actors and actresses as well as the animals. Because handling animals is not easy, especially horses, such big animals, Kudos to those actors and actresses who are able to handle the horses while filming dramas or movies.🙌🏻

I'm not sure about this... I think it depends on the requirements of the projects. For Wu Lei, he already knew how to ride a horse but based on this YT clip, he had to learn more horse riding skills to do the stunts required in the movie (or drama?) while on a horse. I think it's OK to use stunt man for dangerous scenes but if it's just riding the horse slowly or slightly faster, I think an actor should learn it if they take on such a role requiring horse riding. 

For me, I like that an actor actually go and learn the skills so it looks real on the silver screen. For example, I've seen a lot of actors pretend to play violin when this instrument is the easiest to tell if one is faking from how they hold the bow and "play" the violin. It ruins the watching pleasure when you know he/she is just faking it, which is why I am especially grateful that actors at least go and learn how to play the instrument (e.g., Do You Like Brahms? [kdrama] or Nodame Cantabile [Jdrama]). It shows me their sincere dedication to their craft and that they are more hard working than others... in my opinion anyway. And again, in this instance, Wu Lei really tried to learn some basic Guqin for that one scene in Love Like the Galaxy.

@Tofu This is the one I told you about where he didn't put sunscreen on and is showing so much skin as opposed to his statement about not keeping the men's moral hahaha.

• Like 3
  • Clapping Hands 1
  • Party! 1
On 8/12/2022 at 1:06 AM, mademoiselle said:

It is quite deliberate on the part of the director to my mind to model Ling Buyi the consummate antihero detective after The Dark Knight. The childhood trauma, the anger, the revenge. The way he threw the dagger at Liang Xia -- that's like Batman with the batarang. 

• Like 4

Currently Watching: Queen of Tears, In Blossom

"Love is not an affectionate feeling but a steady wish for the loved person's good as far as it can be obtained." -- CS Lewis.

The ending bit... :lmao2:

4 hours ago, Mizv said:

Still laughing at this….

Ahahahahahahaha I don't blame you. There was one that I just think it looked SO WRONG! I hope you know which one coz I don't want to screenshot it 🙈

3 minutes ago, Dramacool ZONE said:

How mamy Episode? Please

56 in total.

New stills from E12 FaCsXqTakAAePzc?format=jpg&name=large

FaCsXsQaIAESbdK?format=jpg&name=large

• Heart Eyes 3