First 7 episodes released on 9 Aug 2023

Subsequently 2 episodes every Wednesday

Network: Disney+

Director: Park In Je (Kingdom Season 2)

Writer: Kang Full (webtoon)

Genre: action, mystery, drama, fantasy

Episodes: 20

Short synopsis:

3 students try to hide their special abilities - flying, athletic abilities/rapid recovery from injuries and uncanny power and speed; while their parents struggle to protect them (source: Asianwiki)

• Like 3
  • Party! 1

Currently watching: 1night2days s4; Arashi's Diary: Voyage; The Great Escape S4; The Soldiers

Cast:

Jo In Sung as Kim Doo Shik

Han Hyo Joo as Lee Mi Hyun

Cha Tae Hyun as Jeon Kye Do

Kim Sung Kyun as Lee Jae Man

Ryu Seung Ryong as Jang Joo Won

Ryu Seung Bum as Frank

Kim Hee Won as Choi Il Hwan

Moon Sung Geun as Min Yong Joon

• Like 2

Currently watching: 1night2days s4; Arashi's Diary: Voyage; The Great Escape S4; The Soldiers

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

This article is taken from https://www.soompi.com/article/1495859wpp/jo-in-sung-han-hyo-joo-ryu-seung-ryong-cha-tae-hyun-and-more-attend-script-reading-for-new-superhero-drama

Jo In Sung, Han Hyo Joo, Ryu Seung Ryong, Cha Tae Hyun, And More Attend Script Reading For New Superhero Drama

Oct 29, 2021
by E. Cha

Disney+ has shared a glimpse of the script reading for its upcoming original series “Moving”!

Based on the webtoon of the same name by Kang Full, “Moving” is a new superhero action drama about teenagers with hidden superhuman powers and their parents who, unbeknownst to them, harbor a painful secret from their past. They eventually team up to battle powerful dark forces that threaten multiple generations across different eras.

Jo In Sung will be starring as Kim Doo Shik, a veteran agent with the ability to fly, while Han Hyo Joo will star as Lee Mi Hyun, a hero with superhuman senses. Ryu Seung Ryong will play Jang Joo Won, who is unable to feel pain and has regenerative powers that allow him to recover quickly from an injury.

Cha Tae Hyun will play Jeon Kye Do, who can create electricity at will, while Kim Sung Kyun will play Lee Jae Man, who possesses superhuman speed and strength. Ryu Seung Bum will play Frank, a mysterious figure chasing down the protagonists, and Kim Hee Won will play Choi Il Hwan, a teacher who is hiding a special superpower that no one knows about. FInally, Moon Sung Geun will play Min Yong Joon, a character shrouded in mystery behind powerful forces.

At the script reading, which was held in August, Ryu Seung Ryong remarked, “I’m excited, delighted, and honored to be part of such a great project. I’m especially looking forward to working together with such amazing cast and crew members. Please give us a lot of interest, anticipation, and support.”

Ryu-Seung-Ryong.jpg

Meanwhile, Han Hyo Joo commented, “Through ‘Moving,’ I was able to meet many great people, and it’s an honor to be a part of this cool universe created by writer Kang Full. I think we’ll be able to create a drama of a genre that hasn’t been seen before in Korea. I’ll work my hardest, so I hope people will show a lot of interest [in the drama].”

Han-Hyo-Joo1.jpg

Finally, Jo In Sung chimed in, “I really enjoyed reading the original webtoon, and I thought its unique universe was really beautiful. I feel like it’s a story to which the entire world will be able to relate. At any rate, I’ll work hard to prepare, so I hope people will really enjoy watching it.”

Jo-In-Sung.jpg

“Moving” is currently slated to premiere in the second half of 2022.

• Like 2

So apparently this drama will be available on Disney+ :JuiceGhost: (Disney must have wanted to compete with Netflix or something). 

Anyway, since I'm not familiar with the webtoon myself, so I must say that I was taken by surprise to find out that this drama is actually about superheroes :shocked2: I just can't imagine watching any superheroes stuff in a KOREAN drama. I have my reservation about this... I mean I'm used to seeing the Marvel level of doing superheroes stuff (and they do have great CGI and action scenes most of the times). I'm not sure whether at the moment Korea will be able to achieve such level (I remember watching Along with the Gods, although not exactly superheroes theme.. but the characters did posses supernatural abilities..and the CGI just wasn't great. And for a person like myself to be able to detect that it's unnatural, it means..it's pretty .. bad ahahahaha. I don't mind Along with the Gods though overall, the stories are pretty interesting :) ). 

Or will it be something like Heroes, another US TV series broadcasted in 2006-2010? Maybe it will be more likely to fit into a drama-world rather than the MCU stuff. 

Regardless, I hope this drama will be awesome. I mean look at the casts line-up. We've had some big names included here ... and not to mention this will be Jo In Sung's first drama appearance as main character since 2014!! 

Interestingly, Ryoo Seung Ryong is listed first followed by Han Hyo Joo and then Jo In Sung in AsianWiki. So I'm not sure who the main male lead here? 

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 7/6/2023 at 3:54 PM, mademoiselle said:

I'm confused. Han Hyo Joo and Jo In Sung are using guns, is that mean they don't have superpowers?

The adult cast all have superpowers I think. The main 3 definitely have - can see them ‘flying’ around in a few of the shots. They seem to be agents of some kind, but vow to keep their kids’ powers secret to keep them safe.

I think this trailer shows more:

Jo In Sung finally back in kdramaland after nearly 10 years omg… I know for sure what I’ll be doing on National Day 😂😂😂 Thanks Disney for releasing it on Aug 9 LOL

(btw I saw there’re only 7 episodes?😕)

• Like 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

@im0202!!! Long time no see/chat!

Spoiler

Last I remember, you were preparing for your wedding. Hope all goes well and you are have more time to chat-chat with us about Oppa and kdramas!

47 minutes ago, im0202 said:

The adult cast all have superpowers I think. The main 3 definitely have - can see them ‘flying’ around in a few of the shots. They seem to be agents of some kind, but vow to keep their kids’ powers secret to keep them safe.

Ok. Good to know. I'm more interested in them than their kids (for now). Haha.

47 minutes ago, im0202 said:

Jo In Sung finally back in kdramaland after nearly 10 years omg… I know for sure what I’ll be doing on National Day 😂😂😂 Thanks Disney for releasing it on Aug 9 LOL

(btw I saw there’re only 7 episodes?😕)

10 years?! I didn't even realise. Yeah Disney posted it as 7 episodes but seeing how others were discussing NGM's drama was cut into two seasons, do you think this one is also split into 2?

• Like 2
45 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

10 years?! I didn't even realise. Yeah Disney posted it as 7 episodes but seeing how others were discussing NGM's drama was cut into two seasons, do you think this one is also split into 2?

Yeah his last kdrama was TWTWB! So like 8(?) years ago… almost 10 if we round up😂

Edit: His last kdrama was actually IOTL in 2014, so it’s been 9 years!!

7 eps seems like so little after the 2 year wait for this drama… I hope it’s just cos they split it into two parts, though no mention of such thing so far.

Edited by im0202
  • Haha 2

Hello @im0202 ...long time no see. Hope all is well. 

This could very well be like Shadow Detective  @mademoiselle where they would release the 2nd later. I really don't like this format. Fortunately for SDet, I watched S1 just before the start of the 2nd season, so I didn't lose momentum. 

I suddenly have a lot of dramas to watch in August :psweatduck:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: The Impossible Heir - Fri-Sat:  -  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - In Blossom, Guess Who I Am

5 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

Hello @im0202 ...long time no see. Hope all is well.

Haha all’s well! Just that this year had big changes in life - got married and moved in to a new place so a bit busy, wasn’t really active in any social media for quite awhile😅 I hardly even watched any kdramas this year…

But of course I had to be back for Jo In Sung’s first drama in 9 years🤣

I’m still hoping Moving will be more than 7eps… unless each episode is over an hour long. With such a stellar cast, they all deserve significant screen times so hoping that their stories will be allowed to develop properly.

• Like 1
  • Clapping Hands 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Has anyone seen the episodes yet? The first 7 eps dropped today!

I’ve binged all of them and really liking and enjoying the drama so far!

Spoiler

I was making a guess while watching that Jo In Sung will appear only ep 7 and I hate that I was right…🥲

Stand out scene for me was in Ep 7 when Bong-seok had that outburst of emotion with his mother… that scene had me emotional too.

Favourite character so far is Ryu Seung-ryong’s character (Ju-won) - he’s such an endearing dad but a badass. I just find it hilarious that he’s selling fried chicken again. Talk about déjà vu!😂

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1