Money Heist 종이의 집 [Current (S2)- Netflix]

related news | Money Heist: Korea – Joint Economic Area | photo provided by Netflix's Korean production.

optimize.jpg

bf3fd1c3824c4fc99b9d13e9d4c5b1d0-1.jpg

source:

Spoiler

https://www.koreatimes.co.kr/www/art/2022/06/688_331740.html

Edited by twink_twink_
  • Like 2

CurrentlyLiesGrden•CYouIn19thLif•Battle4HappinssWaitingRvenant•Heartb•NumbersFinishedBingeWatchingRace•B.Knight•GloryIIDaily•2D1NS4•RunMan

Completed S1. I think it is difficult to watch a remake, because the suspense/thrill of waiting to see what happens is gone. So I try not to keep comparing to the original Spanish drama. My take is this:

On the k-drama:

• Episode 1 was a bit slow. But it gets better so do persevere lol. By ep 4-6, I think you will want to know what happens next. Money Heist is about the brilliant strategies of The Professor and Berlin and how they outwit the police - the k-version has it. So this should be a decent watch.
  • The cast is surprisingly not as good as expected. They looked so good on paper. Somehow it feels a bit flat.
  • But of the group, Park Hae Soo shines. His Berlin is different, because of his background. He was caught while trying to escape from NK at 9 years old (his mother was killed) and imprisoned for 25 years before he escaped with a coup. So he is "harder" and not so "smooth/charming" like the original. Works well though.

b51944a087fd15bfbbbf4c2c0acff3234b6907eb.gifv

ae446bd87ef59c0209a8952fdade45895c427366.gifv

Source: sweethaesoo 

• Tokyo by Jeon Jong Seo is a bit of a letdown. She didn't fit. Maybe it's the eyes. Tokyo also does the narration and JJS's voice was not right for this.

8f0cfb5602bd8cc9d2daaaee7e55227a6f99589a

Source: gagalacrax on twitter

Compared to the original Spanish version:

• This is 12 episodes instead of 20. So some parts are cut, which I think is fine.
  • The story keeps closely to the original, some parts are almost a copycat eg. Denver and Misun, right down to the grey t-shirt and underwear lol. I fast forward those. But there are also some tweaks, which I appreciate so it is not so boring for those of us who have watched the original.
  • What I really miss is the music from the original. So the kdrama loses some of the excitement/adrenaline because the score was too sedate.

I will watch S2.

Edited by Chocolate
  • Awesome 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

[Herald Interview] Yoo Ji-tae studies hard for new ‘Money Heist’ role

By Lee Si-jin

20220628000729-0.jpg

Actor Yoo Ji-tae plays a professor in “Money Heist: Korea - Joint Economic Area” (Netflix)

20220628000724-0.jpg
Yoo Ji-tae (Netflix)

'click the link below for more info.'

Edited by twink_twink_
  • Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 1

CurrentlyLiesGrden•CYouIn19thLif•Battle4HappinssWaitingRvenant•Heartb•NumbersFinishedBingeWatchingRace•B.Knight•GloryIIDaily•2D1NS4•RunMan

'Money Heist: Korea' ranks No. 2 on global Netflix chart

A still from Netflix's Korean production 'Money Heist: Korea ― Joint Economic Area' / Courtesy of Netflix
A still from Netflix's Korean production "Money Heist: Korea ― Joint Economic Area" / Courtesy of Netflix

Netflix's new Korean series "Money Heist: Korea ― Joint Economic Area" rose to No. 2 on a global popularity chart for TV series available on the streaming service.

According to data released by streaming analytics company FlixPatrol, Tuesday (local time), the Korean remake of the streamer's smash-hit series "Money Heist" placed second on its daily global chart for TV programs on Netflix, four days after it was released.

The ranking was up one notch from third place Sunday.

By country, it was the most popular TV show in 16 countries, including Korea, Brazil, the Dominican Republic, Jamaica, Maldives, Morocco, Nigeria, Peru, the Philippines, Singapore, Taiwan, Thailand and Vietnam.

It ranked second in 13 countries, including Japan, the Bahamas, Ecuador, Kenya, Oman, Portugal, Qatar, Saudi Arabia and Venezuela, and third in nine countries, including Italy, Colombia, Bahrain, Hungary, Honduras, Jordan and Kuwait. The show came fifth in Spain, where the original was made.

Set on the Korean Peninsula, where the two Koreas establish a joint economic area (JEA) as a first step toward unification, a group of thieves from the South and the North overtake the mint at the JEA, and the police of the two Koreas join forces to stop them. It stars Yoo Ji-tae, Kim Yun-jin, Park Hae-soo and Jun Jong-seo.

Besides this, two more Korean dramas were on the top 10 TV show list. "Ghost Doctor," starring Jung Ji-hoon and Kim Beom, and "Alchemy of Souls," starring Lee Jae-wook and Jung So-min, both tvN dramas, ranked at No. 6 and No. 10, respectively. (Yonhap)

source:

https://www.koreatimes.co.kr/www/art/2022/06/688_331836.html

• Like 2

• Like 1

@Chocolate @twink_twink_  I caught the first 3 episodes and I was pretty engaged throughout. I think it really helps that I have never seen the original and so had no room for comparison. The setting in  a fictional Unified Korea ( a delicate political issue IRL) adds a local flavour to the series. Reminds me of how they did it for Life on Mars too. 

Park Hae Soo and the actress that played the SWJ (the Negotiator) stood out for me. I found Berlin a fascinating character because he was the most strategic and least emotional of the lot. He is not someone the Professor can control. His years in labour camp has made him tough, clever and capable of much cruelty . Kim Yu Jin who plays SWJ also has a lot of charisma and it is believable that she is good at her job. 

In a matter of 3 episodes, it has become apparent that there's no such thing as a perfect crime or heist. Despite the Professor's extremely meticulous planning, the human factor in messing up the best laid plans cannot be underestimated. The conquer and divide plan of pitting the SKoreans and NKoreans against each other was smart. It worked in their favour but it seems that the Prof had not anticipated that conflict would also happen within the team. 

• Awesome 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  -  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - 

Interview 'Money Heist: Korea' writer feels satisfied to expand series' franchise.

A scene from 'Money Heist: Korea ― Joint Economic Area,' a Spanish series' Korean remake created and scripted by Ryu Yong-jae / Courtesy of Netflix
A scene from "Money Heist: Korea ― Joint Economic Area," a Spanish series' Korean remake created and scripted by Ryu Yong-jae / Courtesy of Netflix

Remake of Spanish series follows group of robbers trying to take over mint of unified Korea.

By Lee Gyu-lee

A scene from 'Money Heist: Korea ― Joint Economic Area,' a Spanish series' Korean remake created and scripted by Ryu Yong-jae / Courtesy of Netflix
Writer Ryu Yong-jae / Courtesy of Netflix

"Money Heist: Korea ― Joint Economic Area" follows a game of cat and mouse between the criminal mastermind and the negotiator. Courtesy of Netflix

Spoiler

"A scene from 'Money Heist: Korea ― Joint Economic Area,' a Spanish series' Korean remake created and scripted by Ryu Yong-jae / Courtesy of Netflix

Spoiler
A scene from the series "Money Heist: Korea ― Joint Economic Area" / Courtesy of Netflix

'click on this link for more details.'

source:

https://www.koreatimes.co.kr/www/art/2022/07/688_332236.html

• Like 2

I am up to speed! Now the long wait for S2.

Episode 6 was pretty good especially when SWJ went in to conduct the verification of the hostages. The twist where the NK policeman was alive was something I didn't expect . It would seem the Prof was losing control in eps 4 & 5 especially with the internal conflict where Berlin ended up being removed as the leader, and some hostages getting shot. But in eps 6, the Prof was once again ahead of the police.

However, with all the blooming romances especially with the Prof himself falling for SWJ, things are bound to get messy. Then there's the Stockholm Syndrome love story there between MinSu and Denver. Kind of find strange...but then I think it was more strange that she loved the slimy director of the Mint. I was like ewe!!!

The other thing that surprised me was that Berlin is ill. Is it terminal? What was he injecting into his body?

• Insightful 1
  • Awesome 1

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  -  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - 

On 7/8/2022 at 11:50 PM, abs-oluteM said:

However, with all the blooming romances especially with the Prof himself falling for SWJ, things are bound to get messy. Then there's the Stockholm Syndrome love story there between MinSu and Denver. Kind of find strange...but then I think it was more strange that she loved the slimy director of the Mint. I was like ewe!!!

Hahaha, I just realised why the character in the original Money Heist was called Stockholm! It never occurred before I read your comment. This is a bit of a spoiler:

Spoiler

In the Spanish sequel, MinSu’s character has given birth and is living with Denver. The group does another heist which she joins and her code name is Stockholm!

About Berlin, do you want the spoiler?

• Party! 2

@abs-oluteM About Berlin

Spoiler

In the original, he is terminally ill. But it was made known only towards the end, not so early like the Korean one.

In the end, he sacrificed himself by bombing the entrance to the tunnel used to escape, to stop the police. Can't remember why it couldn't be done remotely - maybe there was some technical hiccup.

And he was The Professor's brother!

Surprisingly he still appeared in the Spanish sequel, but in The Professor's flashbacks of how they planned the robbery of the Bank of Spain.

• Like 2
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Money Heist: Korea - Joint Economic Area Part 2 returns with an unpredictable story will be released only on Netflix.

2022112101001553700201831.jpg

source

https://m.sportschosun.com/news.htm?id=202211210100155370020183&ServiceDate=20221121