The One and Only/ Only One Person 한 사람만 [2021-2022]

Recaps for Eps 1 (Part 3)

As In Sook begin to settle down, she gets to know the quirky residence and her even weirder room mates - MiDo and Kang Se Yon ( played by Kang Ye Won). MiDo continues to do all her live stream and even tried to host a party for her friends ( during visitor day) , but no one turned up. Se Yon has a her own set of problems too - she was visited by her husband or was it brother - and he was useless too though they seem to be financially well off. Meanwhile In Sook was just counting down the day to her death.

Back in grandmother's neighbourhood:

Before leaving the house of her grandmother Yook Sung-ja (Go Doo-shim), there was an appointment with the little girl Hasan (Seo Yeon-woo) next door. She promised to protect her from his father Ha Yong-geun (Baek Hyun-jin), who wields violence from time to time. However, grandmother  was beaten by Yong-geun and made a video call to his granddaughter In-suk, who was bleeding.

Her roommates saw the video with her , and In Sook knew she had to do something. 

While In-sook was restless with anxiety, Se-yon stepped up and said, “You take it. If you could kill someone and save someone's life, wouldn't it be yours? We're going to die anyway, so what if we only take one person?" along with the flash of thunder and lightning, was deeply etched in Insook's mind. Insuk and Mido decided to go , and Seyeon, who quietly follows them while holding a golf club, foretold the eve of a storm that seemed like something was about to happen.

There was one person who was watching the dire situation of Ha Sun who was running away because her life was threatened by her father (father  was seeking insurance money)  and that was  Woo-cheon (Kim Kyung-nam), a contract killer. He was commissioned to take care of Yong-geun and his cell phone. However, it was Insuk with a golf club who handled Yonggeun unexpectedly.  She hit the father while Woo Cheon was hugging the little girl ,trying to protect her from the father. On a night when it rained, the exchange of eyes of the two mixed with many emotions heralded the beginning of another relationship.

- end of ep 1-

• Like 2

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  -  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - 

Till today, no subs available on the sites . I will recap what I can.

Recaps for Eps 2 
( I put in spoilers some relevant videos from JTBC (jf you turn on cc there are subs, but these are auto translated so they are quite bad) 

So we resume from episode 1. Having received the video call of her grandmother, In Sook and the other two made their way back to her town with Mido driving. 

In-suk (Ahn Eun-jin) wanted to protect San-ah whose father, Ha Yong-geun (Baek Hyun-jin) was aiming for life insurance money and feeding his daughter San-ah (Seo Yeon-woo) with insecticide. The story of how she wielded a golf club at Ha Yong-geun , the 'bad guy', was revealed. That night, when it rained, In-suk, who watched Min Woo-cheon (Kim Kyung-nam), who was protecting her child from the menacing Yong-geun, along with Se-yeon and Mido, finally couldn't contain her inner anger and hit Yong-geun's head. 

Spoiler

Min Woo-cheon(Kim Kyung Nam) , who had been watching the scene earlier, was protecting Seo Yeon-woo, who lost consciousness and had collapsed. While watching the episode I could sense an immediate connection between the two. The ladies did question him why he was there , he mentioned something about passing by. He even told the ladies how to leave without being caught by CCTV. Anyhow In Sook warned him not to report to police and took his wallet ( not sure why she did this) At In Sook 's request, she brought Woo Cheon to her grandmother's ( she couldn't go in since she was supposed to be in Singapore) . He entrusted  the little girl  to the grandmother . He saw  who saw In Sook's photo at the house, and made the connection that In Sook was the  granddaughter. Background knowledge was thus accumulated since now he understood why In Sook would  step forward and strike the girl's father.

Spoiler

The 3 women, or rather Mido was really panicking :laugh: as In Sook did kill someone and the other two became her accomplices to murder. Se Yeon made them leave the golf stick that was used with a pile of old furniture as she said that when something was left in plain sight, people will not think it is the murder weapon. 

Spoiler

With this incident as an opportunity, the three women now end up sharing the same destiny. Quick thinking Mido had left imprints on her social media saying she was  going to the birthday party of Mi-do's friend Ho-seon (Jeon Yi-soo). It was to make an alibi. Mido who had lots of new clothes in the car boot, got the girls to change and brought them to the party.

Spoiler

However, the birthday girl , Ho Seon, did not welcome Mido, who was controversial because of her parents, as a 'stain'. Mido's parents have not gotten into some financial problem and in great debt.  Moreover, when the Mido's hospice was downplayed, Insuk and Seyeon broke the cake and ruined the party by throwing champagne at Hoseon. Just love how they stood up for Mido here. 

Spoiler

The next day the police found Yong Geun's body ( he had a flower tucked in his hair. A regional investigation detective came to join the local cops and they started checking out Yong Geun's house - saw a photo of him, wife and Ha San. He asked one of the local cops , if Yong Geun's phone was at the site. Seems like they could not find his phone.

Spoiler

We also get a flashback to Woo Cheon's childhood...oh my god - what started off as a seemingly happy childhood with loving parents became a horror scene as his parents commited suicide by burning charcoal in the car, they died but he survived. So sad. 

Spoiler

Woo Cheon was a contract killer who can kill people without a trace, and this day was unusually strange. After meeting In Sook , he got caught up in a strange feeling. It was him who left the flower tucked in the dead man's hair . He left a mark and stood at the center of the police investigation. Was he trying to distract the cops, so they will think it is the work of some serial killer? 

The next morning back in the hospice, the 3 women deal with the aftermath of what happened last night. Mido accidentally took Yong Geun's phone thinking it was In Sook's. This was the phone that Woo Cheon had been instructed to track down. 

Spoiler

Seyeon was unable to remember anything due to sleepwalking, said that she would surrender to the police because  Mido lied that SeYeon was at the center of all these incidents. So bad. But after much discussions they decided not to go to the police. The decision was made because the three of them, with limited time left, could not waste the remaining time with the police investigation. The three visited the murder scene again to confirm that Ha San Ha's father was dead. After confirming that he was dead, they were  even more anxious, but soon returned to their  daily life and decided to focus on living the rest of their limited time.

Spoiler

Spoiler

This scene was rather sad. In Sook's father who knows about her dying comes to visit her. He is quite useless if you ask me but he did give her $5m won or something to help her pay for her hospice. His wife left him because he was a dreamer who could not support the family, but he didn't want to let her have custody of In Sook and in fact In Sook never got to see her. In Sook also found out that 5 years after her parents divorced , the mum died of cancer - something which her father failed to tell her until now.  :nervous:

Spoiler

Meanwhile the detective managed to find Ha San Ha's mother - she had run away due to abuse and was trying to save money to come back and get San Ha. She tells detective that her daughter could be with the neighbour ( In Sook's grandmother) . Little girl finds out her father is dead but I think she'll get to live with her mother now. 

Spoiler

The reason why Woo-cheon went to that town that day was because he had received a request from a superior to kill Ha Yong-geun. He was instructed to disguise it as an accidental death, but due to In-sook's appearance, it was not handled neatly, the most important cell phone could not be removed, and even a police investigation was initiated because of a flower placed on the head of a corpse. Anyway considering that the superior wasn't happy that  this entire operation had gone awry, Woo Cheon has to find the phone. He also did some background check on In Sook

Spoiler

Inspector Si-Young Jo (Sang-Woo Do) had suspicions that a stranger took the child who had fallen under the bridge to the house of In Sook's grandmother . Because he doesn't know that the little girl often went to the grandmother's  house. According to the testimony of grandmother that WC even bought medicine for her. So the detective checked  the pharmacy CCTV and the face of Woo Cheon was caught. The history that he went to a juvenile detention center after killing a friend in an accident in middle school raised suspicions. 

Meanwhile, at the instruction of Shin Tae-il (Ahn Chang-hwan) that “variables must be removed,” Woocheon went to 'Morning Light'. He is to disguise himself and was to work there as a caregiver.  However, tears were flowing from Woocheon's eyes when he met In Sook there , saying, "Give me my wallet," to Insook. 

I particularly love his narration as he thought back about the day he met In Sook

There are days like that . A day when you don't know the reason for your heart or action, as if you're broken. It's been a long time since summer ended, but the flower that bloomed between the rocks was so pretty. 

- end of eps- 

• Like 1

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  -  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - 

Just finished episodes 1&2

It started off really good and like any drama there will always be some pet in the plot that seems so typical. 
Min  Woo-Cheon is a psychopath in my opinion, who had a terrible childhood. I hate his profession and O won’t mention it near. His reason to pursue Pyo In Sook with lies is just so typical and I am not looking forward to her finding out his real reason. Sure he fell for her at FIRST SIGHT but will he be honest. 

Pyo In Sook , her life has been horrible, she just found out her lowlife of father had feelings for her and finally showing some kind of emotion towards her. But it is too late, she is terminally Ill and there isn’t any second chance for him. She also finds out the truth to what happened in her parents divorce. All these years she has been missing her mom to find out her mom passed away  and that her mom did try to look for her but we shouldn’t forget she left her husband because she was tired of him. In retaliation he kept his daughter from her. PYo In Sook dad chose to abandon his daughter and run away to live life with no worries and butin the end his daughter is dying young due to cancer like his ex wife. Smh smh smh 

• Clapping Hands 1

Favorite Favorite Artist  Bae Doona, Moon Chae Won, Gong Hyo Jin, Cho Seung Woo, Jang Hyuk,, Jo In Sung,  Gong Yoo

Drama watching now: Plot Love,  Chimera ,The Psychologist, Always have,Always will , Show Windows: Queens House

Oh yay @UnniSara. Glad you're here. 

6 hours ago, UnniSara said:

Min  Woo-Cheon is a psychopath in my opinion, who had a terrible childhood. I hate his profession and O won’t mention it near. His reason to pursue Pyo In Sook with lies is just so typical and I am not looking forward to her finding out his real reason. Sure he fell for her at FIRST SIGHT but will he be honest. 

True ...considering he kills for a living. But I also find him interesting because this isn't going to be your typical romance. He's definitely pursuing her so he could get the phone back. So we will have to question his sincerity. But from trailers etc, I think meeting her will be a turning point for his life.

New stills 

110975230.1.jpg

NISI20211227_0000901419_web.jpg?rnd=2021

I just started this to support Ahn Eun Jin 🥳

Didn’t expect such a queer settings though at the hospice. Very interesting. The other residents are rather quirky too, but I don’t really care about them for now. Only interested in the roommates. 

Both Ahn Eun Jin and Shin Hyun Bin ventured into quite opposite roles after their HosPlay roles, and excelling. Bravo!! It’s easy to see AEJ’s acting skills in the first episode alone. I hope she gets more lead roles in the future. 

As for the male lead, I have to admit that I’m kinda glad Park Sung Hoon stepped back and was replaced by Kim Kyung Nam. I think the latter fits the ML profile much better, having a rougher and rugged look. PSH has more chaebol handsome goodie look, although I do want him to be able to have more diverse roles. 

• Clapping Hands 1

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

10 minutes ago, ktcjdrama said:

As for the male lead, I have to admit that I’m kinda glad Park Sung Hoon stepped back and was replaced by Kim Kyung Nam. I think the latter fits the ML profile much better, having a rougher and rugged look. PSH has more chaebol handsome goodie look, although I do want him to be able to have more diverse roles

Yes...I was initially upset that PSH stepped down . But now that I have seen KKN he is better suited for the role. Do chinese subs come out faster?

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, abs-oluteM said:

Do chinese subs come out faster?

Both subbed episodes are out now. I see the oldest comments were 6 days ago, so I don’t know how fast yet since I just started watching. (ETA: Ep.3 Chinese subs just uploaded)

OST#1 - Happy End (Yangpa) ~ Nice song. Will we really get a happy end? The future is looking kinda bleak for all our leads so far 😓

Edited by ktcjdrama
  • Thanks 1

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

@ktcjdrama Eng subs are slow. Viki only releases like a few days later as this drama is not priority compared to The Red Sleeve. Also in Asia they are airing this on K Plus Asia and it comes a day late. I think since it is not a streaming site ( but a tv channel) , maybe not so easy to rip off the subs. JTBC would sub some of the cuts but the subs are autotranslated and does not make sense ( so I will also have to check the recaps on Naver.) 

This was the kiss scene from eps 3 ( ending scene!) 

• Insightful 1

4 minutes ago, abs-oluteM said:

Viki only releases like a few days later as this drama is not priority compared to The Red Sleeve.

Hopefully after Red Sleeve ends, the subs can come out faster. I will try to recap as well after watching ep.3 but maybe can only do so much later today. 

• Thanks 1

MTDzeiV.gif

Ep.3 recap ~ The little kid inside the heart (part 1)

Scene started with young Woo Cheon unable to sleep due to watching horror movie. Mother gave him a photo of a little girl smiling, saying that looking at it will help him forget all his fears, and that he won't need it very soon because his fear of ghost will disappear as he grows up. However, that fear might be replaced by another fear. Adult WC narrated that his mother is right. He no longer fears ghost, but fears something else, that's why he still cannot sleep at night, still afraid and sad. Cut to the scene in the car of young WC and his parents. Young In Sook hit the car window with a big rock, saving him. Adult WC recognised her from the photos when he visited her house that night.

Back to present time where ep.2 ended. WC demanded his wallet from IS, telling her about the picture, how imagining what leads to the little girl smiling helps. IS presented to him a totally different kind of imagination of how sad the life of the little girl is, being rejected by people. WC threatened to tell IS's grandma that she lied about her trip, then he was hit by Mi Do. Inside the storage room with unconscious WC, MD explained to curious IS what the room is, that it's a place where the director kept all the mementos from the residents of the hospice who have passed away. The three women wondered why he didn’t report to police but came here for his wallet instead. Probably to find evidence, they decided. Kang Se Yeon said let’s make a proper evidence, and started wiping the golf club so as to get his fingerprints on it. As IS trying to pry open his finger to put the golf club in his hand, WC grabbed her hand tight instead. She was flustered and quickly pulled her hand away and left the room, leaving the other two women baffled. Later on, WC was up and eating with his hand tied. MD and YS continued interrogating him why he came. WC explained not sure, but first, he wants to find that picture in his wallet first and think of what is next later, earning a confused and impatient look from MD and YS

MD and YS returned to their room, wondering how he got there. MD thinks it’s from her SNS post, because she is pretty, while IS wondered if he really came for his wallet only. YS said since he’s found his way there, they need to quickly get rid of evidences in their hand. YS suggested they should just returned everything to its place. Her husband is here, so she brought along the golf club to the car. In the room, IS still feeling bad that they made YS think she is the one who killed. MD assured her that it’s for the best otherwise she might want to surrender herself to the police. IS wondered how to return the handphone since the owner is dead. MD suggested to put it at Grandma’s house, making it seems that Ha Sun is the one with the phone and left it behind at Grandma’s. IS asked MD why she is so into in this matter when IS could just say she killed the person and be done with the matter. YS said since they’re already into a countdown period, it made her feel something else might happen and that it made her forget she is dying. She offered to be the one planting the handphone at grandma’s house and IS should keep an eye on WC.

YS returned to her house and found her mother sleeping amidst chores. She kicked down the noisy fan and said to her startled mother that the fan been broken since long time ago. They went to a bank waiting and mother said it’s only right that YS’s husband handle the finances. YS is upset and said she is really dying and after she died, her mother will have no one so she should keep the money.

IS went to the storage room but did not hear anything from inside. Because there is another resident around, she turned and left, while the camera panned into the empty room. WC is gone. Cut to the main hall of the hospice and the residents are watching some news on the TV. IS came into the hall and realised that WC is one of the volunteers. She dragged him out and asked what happened. He explained how he got out and somehow got mistaken and recruited as volunteer. IS ordered him to leave. He asked for his wallet again, and wondered why she won’t give it back to him. IS replied she is keeping is as evidence. If he sold them out, she will say that the wallet belong to the murderer. WC thinks it’s a bit stretched. IS insists that people will believe that more than believing she is the killer because he has no business being in the area. They looked at each other while WC rather stammering what to say, IS was a bit flustered as well looking into his eyes. Then he suddenly asked has she really entered into a countdown period, why then is a dying person asking a living person to take the responsibility of killing a person. She said even before dying she wants to live for a while.

Cut to MD entering grandma’s house with IS instructions. Inside, Ha Sun caught her and asked who she is, insisting that IS has no friends. MD commented why it seems like she is being interrogated. Smart Ha Sun said she is just asking but if MD thinks it’s interrogation, has she done something wrong then? Just then, MD got a DM from the chaebol guy friend and left confused Ha Sun happily. Cut to the young nun asking IS whether she’s seen the new volunteer, and telling her that he is vey handsome. LOL, she is smitten.

At the police station, the leader asked the detective to investigate the mother of the student that WC supposedly killed. Although it was later ruled as accident, that mother made sure that there’s nothing WC can do successfully afterwards by blocking every single thing he did, which I guessed forced him into hiding. We get to know that WC was actually a smart and hardworking student.

At the hospice, IS been following WC from a distance, seeing his interaction with different fawning residents. There’s an older woman whom is not liked by the others because she is so greedy and always piled up her food tray. WC hearing that, chose to sit with her instead. Even the other male volunteers are feeling jealous of the attention WC is garnering.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ 

That's the first half of ep.3. Took longer because it turned out quite a lot of things are happening. I will try to recap again, but have to stop here for now.

I have read some comments people not enjoying the drama because there are too many sub-plots going on, too confusing and missing the main plot. 

• Thanks 1

MTDzeiV.gif

Ep.3 recap - part 2

MD was picked up by the male friend driving the white car. She asked why he suddenly contacted her personally, to which he replied don’t you like me? She asked whether it’s because she is dying that he is pitying her? He confirmed it and said it made him pay attention to her. They happily flirted.

Later at night, WC was massaging the bedridden patient. Her kid took a camera out and said she does recording from time to time, and WC can ask her anything. He asked her if she has someone she likes which she answered no. WC said then she probably wouldn’t know the answer. He wants to know under what kind of a situation that there’s love at first sight, and the little kid sighed loudly. She said that kind of question doesn’t need to ask anyone, there sure be a feeling. She asked him when does he has a love at first sight. He hesitated sharing it with a minor. She asked pointedly, did it involved taking off of clothes? LOL… He denied it of course not, then corrected himself, sort of. He started describing his first meeting with IS, where she took her hoodie off her head, LOL… and up to mentioning of bloody head. All these was overheard by IS who was spying by the door. WC admitted that he kept thinking back to that scene and feeling of wanting to cry each time he remembered it. IS wondered whether he likes her. The girl asked WC whether he doesn’t sleep at night? He explained that if he couldn’t sleep he would usually look at the picture, but now that the picture is gone, he can’t do anything about his insomnia. Girl asked why he couldn’t sleep. He said he is afraid. Of bad dreams? No. It’s because his mother passed away while he was sleeping. He knew his mother wasn’t well and willed himself not to fall asleep, yet he fell asleep and his mother passed away. He regretted letting his mother left alone with him not awake by her side.

Grandma at home trying to sleep. IS’s father came. They had conversation in which he implicitly letting out the condition of IS dying, by asking his mother what would she do if he has terminal illness. But I think the grandma didn’t catch on. Cut to YS’s husband on the phone asking where she is, and then noticing the golf club at a corner of the room. YS is at the hotel celebrating her mother’s birthday. She suddenly remembered about that night. Cut to IS outside of the hospice building thinking how strange WC is being smitten by a person who just killed another person. Inside the main hall, WC is alone in the dark watching the big screen tv, but thinking about the variable that he needs to get rid of. IS is by the door watching him but she got dizzy and dropped her phone. WC rushed to her asking how she is. She is fine and she left, not hearing him asked softly “don’t you remember me?”. Later he went into her empty room and started searching for the handphone, but IS came back and he quickly hid under her bed. Just then grandma video called IS and IS told her she is feeling lost, but grandma thought she literally lost her way in a foreign land. In the morning, MD woke up in an empty hotel room. The guy has left. Then YS’s mother also woke up to an empty room with a note from YS telling her to stay there for a month because it’s paid for. The hospice caught fire because of one older resident who secretly cooked something. Everyone’s outside but IS is still inside and WC who fell asleep under her bed, realised the smoke and literally carried an angry IS out on his shoulder.

The police had a new clue about WC, which is the pet shelter, so Detective went there to ask questions. He left his name card asking the vet to inform him when WC contact her. Back at the hospice, people are wondering what WC and IS doing in the room when the fire alarm started that took them so long to get out. Why was he carrying her on his shoulder. The older ladies were guessing it’s because they’re carrying out noisy activity to be able to hear anything else, LOL. Young nun wondered what it is but everyone still being cryptic about it, and demanding an answer from WC who was in the same room all along, LOLOL… WC denied but everyone claimed he is blushing red.

Back in their room, the three roomies discussing WC again. YS thought he might be the police but MD said there is no police who would overlook a murder happening in front of him. She thinks he likes her and stalking her. She commented that he looks poor and has no money. She could tell right away. IS was rather offended by the way she talked down about poor people. So they argued a bit.

WC at the volunteer doctor’s room and he found out the reason why IS couldn’t hear the fire alarm. YS then was called by the doctor as well, asking her about her sleepwalking condition, which only started recently. She asked about whether a sleepwalking patient will change personality while sleepwalking. And suddenly she remembered correctly what happened that night. As she returned to her room, she met MD who was leaving and confronted her. MD told her the reason and that it was indeed YS suggestion to bring along another person on their way to death.

IS at the storage room, staring at the picture inside WC’s wallet. WC is outside watching her. She talked to the picture while WC answering in a distance. The girl who followed him have this recorded. IS said that the person taking the picture must really love you, because usually one can tell from the picture how the person taking the picture is feeling. You probably not in this world anymore. I’m leaving this world soon too. I doubt I will ever have a smiling picture. WC said he will take her picture, pretty pictures. YS: But I won’t expect anything, because I know it too well. She then picked up a pen and started writing to her grandma, saying she wants to go to the seaside, but it rains the whole year in Singapore and the seawater has become muddy, just like her life. When one has an expectation and starts hoping, then mostly will become muddy water. So I know and I won’t expect anything. WC picked up that note and commented, he knows that feeling too, ie.not being able to keep up with other people’s pace.

At the police station, new information surfaced about WC, who is the prime suspect here. He has no phone no bank account and unclear location. There’s doctor’s report that is saying the case of the student’s death was not an accident, and that after WC got out of the youth centre, he got involved with some bad guys, delivering drugs and such to earn money. That the way he does thing showed that he isn’t ordinary person. Detective commented “but he went blank when his mother died”, just then he got a call from the vet, and they were able to trace WC calling from the hospice, and off they go to get him. At the hospice, IS was returning the wallet to WC. WC asked why sudden change of mind? IS said she temporarily forgotten that she is dying, that it’s not fun anymore, that she’s going to turn herself in. She has a condition though, don’t bother the other two women, because she is the one who killed, nothing to do with them. As she was speaking, WC noticed Detective walking in, so he grabbed her and kissed her to stop her from saying she killed that person.

• Clapping Hands 1

MTDzeiV.gif

I am finally up to speed where subbed episodes are concerned. Now the wait for eps 5 & 6. I love the show so far because the premise feels rather unique to me and I do think that the leads have very good chemistry.

I like that we saw more of Woo Cheon's back story and I feel so sorry for him. I am sure given a better upbringing and better circumstances, he would not have chosen to be a contract killer. He suffered a lot growing up and I believe because of his juvenile record meant he would have difficulty living a normal life. I think that friend of his recruited him to get jobs done for them. I won't label Woo Cheon as a psychopath because he isn't killing for pleasure. I am certain that meeting In Sook will change his path and through their time together and through her death , he will find some purpose in life. He is clearly quite lost and meeting her gave him someone he wanted to protect. 

I was surprised but also glad that she found out that Woo Cheon is a contract killer - I think it would be a way more bigger deception if she & him are involved somehow without her knowing who he was.

Looks like by eps 6 they would solve their misunderstandings...

Should I try to watch it raw??

image_readtop_2022_8785_1641271356490601

So I take it that ep.4 has subs already @abs-oluteM I quite like ep.4, with the title "Hand"

Below in spoiler is the subs for ep.5 first few minutes. I thought of trying to translate the dialogues instead of describing the scenes, because it seems that when I'm describing, I tend to be too detailed that it took me very long. And some of the conversations really are needed to understand details better... but... it turned out that writing down the dialogue took a while too because I have to keep pausing and typing between different windows, lol... Anyway, here's what we got so far.... Ep 5 - Mole

Spoiler

WC: For me, killing a person is like having a mole. Just remove the mole, that’s it. 

Guilty feeling? How to say it? Anyway I’m already living in prison. But I don’t know since when… I realise, that what I have removed might not be a mole. That might be light. Might be a person, might be love. The first time I feel regret, first time I feel ashamed. I started to feel afraid that I might lose you.

Police: We couldn’t find it. It was clearly there, we had the phone signal

Leader: A golf club. After investigation, that could be the blunt object that caused the death. The swing power should also be strong.

Police: So the murder weapon is not a brick or some kind that’s close by. If it’s a golf club, then it means the killing was not random. Late at night, with a golf club, went to Ha’s house. The motive to kill is very clear!

Leader: Choosing a golf club as the murder weapon. Don’t you think it’s strange? But if this is something that is thrown away by residents nearby…

Police: Look at that place. How could anyone there be keeping a golf club at home? 

Leader: Go find out with the residents, whether anyone lost a golf club recently. Quickly do it.

Police: I already said it’s highly unlikely. Why the need to go ask around?

Leader: Is it possible to find the model of the same golf club?

Detective: Even though we find the similar model, the scope is still too big.

Leader: We need to find that golf club first. 

The ladies were talking why the mood is really bad between the OTP… They’ve even spent the night together. Could it be that he’s not that good? Shall we brew him something?... The mother then reminded them there’s a kid, and they explained to her they’re talking about good things, not bad things. 

SY: Have you found WC? / MD: You really can’t hear or are you just pretending you can’t hear?....... Where are you going? Did you two fight? / SY: What happened then? / WC: Nothing, it’s just that I am a bad person. / MD: You guys are still fighting at a time like this? What happened after you were taken away? / SY: What did the police ask you? How did you answer? That they let  you out. / WC: I just said I saw the girl fainted so I brought her to nearby house. / MD: That’s it? / SY: You didn’t mention other things, right?

IS: I’m crazy. It’s definitely because I’m crazy. / MD: No matter what, just admit you were wrong, okay… / IS: Get out / MD: I’m getting out / IS: You have something to say? If you want to say “No, I am not a person who can kill people, this is all a misunderstanding” Just say it then / WC: No / IS: So you’re not? / WC: I’m saying that I’m not a person who cannot kill another person / IS: So you’re saying it’s true?... So that night you were going to kill that person but I interrupted, that you’re just here for the handphone, that even when taken away, you didn’t sell us out only because you’re feeling guilty?... So all this is just lies. I feel so embarrassed that I couldn’t help but laughed. What was I expecting… but even then, I thought you were like the worms you said, not wishing you to be stepped on, that I did all those things, but it turned out that it’s all a lie. A murderer, indeed… I too have killed a person... A pair of low lives who kill people. We really do have a lot in common. / WC: I did wrong. / IS: Don’t say sorry to me. The one you should feel sorry for is the people you’ve killed…. Didn’t you say you came here to find the handphone? That’s why you were searching for it this morning? Because I said I worry for my grandmother, so you thought I have hidden it at grandma’s place? / WC: It’s not there / IS: It’s not? You really went there to find the handphone? What’s the real deal with you? Is killing people your profession? That’s your work? That’s the real you? / WC: That’s how I’ve lived on. That’s the way I have lived. / IS: Why? Why do you live like that? / MD: What did you just say? A killer? / SY: Did you really go there to kill that person? 

What’s with all the blue items? Should we throw away or not? / WC: Just leave them. 

• Thanks 1

MTDzeiV.gif

Recap ep.5 - part 2 (up to 30min mark)

Spoiler

The girls were discussing about WC’s profession, then about the handphone, how it might contain important evidences, which is why the police and everyone is looking for it. IS decided to go look for it herself, worrying it might bring grandma harm.

WC is dizzy because he hasn’t slept for many nights. Everyone worrying about him and wondering why he fought with IS.

IS couldn’t find the phone.

MD’s friend, GJP, is at the hospice, sponsoring the bazaar for low-privileged women to be held there. SY and MD thought he’s the police so they wanted to quietly sneaked away. Director explained to them why he is there. MD not that happy to see him there. Outside, JP explained that he wanted to create women-friendly image for the company. A hospice exclusive for women is interesting. MD asked him so why did he not contact her after disappearing like that the other day. JP said he told her that’s he’ll be busy with work, because the company just taken up an important project. MD complained that he sure got time to dine with people but not to send her even a text. JP thought it’s not necessary to text her, it’ll be awkward what to say. He asked if she’s angry at him and felt that his trip this time might be in vain when he’s trying to show her he cared. He told her he’s been busy but been thinking about her and that the moment his schedule is free, he came to the hospice. 

The ladies comparing WC and JP. Each have their own preference, while some defended WC it’s the attire. WC asked MD whether she knows where is IS at. Just then IS arrived and MD excused herself to follow her. MD asked IS whether she found the handphone, and assumed she didn’t because of no answer. Who could’ve taken it? Could grandma has sold it? IS confirmed it’s not there. SY thought that only the three of them knows and WC. MD thought it must be WC. Just then, JP knocked on the door, telling MD that he’s leaving. MD reminded IS to interrogate WC properly before leaving the room. Outside, JP asked MD who WC is, because she is rude to him. MD: It’s okay to be rude to him, because he is a bad person / JP: Why a bad person? / MD: Naturally because he did something bad. He might look clueless but he’s a very scary person / They then say their sweet goodbyes.

WC’s boss and bad guy talking at café, basically pressuring each other. Bad guy reminded WC’s boss he knows people in the police, should he out WC’s boss then? But WC’s boss threatened him back that he will not go down alone, that he will spill everything because he has personal data that might even led to the boss of bad guy. Is that how he wants it? Then the handphone rang 3 times from number 1, which means it’s the last chance. Bad guy asked about the handphone again, whether it’s being taken care of.

At the police station, Leader and Inspector discussing about the handphone. Sergeant came with a CCTV recording. Inspector will have a look by himself because Sergeant still need to go investigate about golf club.

Grandma is pulling her haul, WC’s boss trying to help but WC came. Grandma asked whether they know each other, why their faces are injured, did they fight with each other? In her house, WC’s boss trying to dig for information about who could’ve come to the house. Even asking about IS’s parents and where is the workplace of IS’s father. WC kept cutting him. Outside, they discussed about the phone. There must be something important in it. WC said once they have the handphone, they will be at an advantage. Boss asked if he has it? WC only replied it’s for sure not in the other party’s hand. What’s in the phone actually? He asked. Boss said judging from how restless they were, there must be something involving higher-ups important figures misdeeds which will pull them down if exposed. WC said just say it’s in my hand, don’t mess with us, and at the same time we can get money out of this. He said what the dead man initially wanted to blackmail those people on, let us do it and take the money instead. Boss said, you finally showing some life in your eyes. The first time I took you in, you have nothing you desire at all. Flashback: Turned out that the mother of the student that WC killed, was the one who ordered Boss to take WC in, and not let him die, so that he can continue to suffer hell. Boss said he decided to take him in because there is no soul in WC’s eyes, that he just eat and sleep, repeat. He thought WC can be good in this job because he sees anger in his soulless eyes. WC replied saying he just feels hungry. No matter how angry, when you feel hungry, you just have to go eat. But hyung, am I really living? Boss suggested to end all this by letting IS take the blame. He wants WC to come back and not let this matter blow out of proportion because it will mean death for all. / WC: someone saved me, but I didn’t have a reason for living then / Boss: Living does not need any reason. / WC: But now I have a reason to live.  

• Thanks 1

MTDzeiV.gif

2 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

@ktcjdrama Thanks loads for the recaps. The subs just only came out for eps 5 and 6. 

How are you finding the show thus far?

O I'm glad the subs came out faster this week. Been meaning to write recaps again but RL keeps calling me away, sigh....

I really like it so far. There's mystery, which I love. I like that it is actually very much about the humans... 

Here's my wild speculation

Spoiler

Gu Ji Pyo has hidden motives getting close to Mido. I think he is that number 1, or the son of number 1. LE Group is definitely the one ordering the killing of that neighbour of In Sook. 

I know you're busy, but I think you might enjoy Uncle. Only me and liddi are watching here, LOL....

Edited by ktcjdrama
  • Insightful 1

MTDzeiV.gif

On 1/7/2022 at 8:31 PM, ktcjdrama said:

Here's my wild speculation

You are right...or at least I think so too. :laugh:. After all it is too random for him to fall in love with MiDo

Actually MiDo is quite a selfish character or should I say self-centred, but I like how realistic that is.  Because even if you're dying , change doesn't come overnight.  Joy is doing a good job playing her.

I love this show. Pity it is under-rated be it domestically or internationally. I like that it is addressing such a grim situation with some humor and yes with a murder mystery. I was actually quite surprised that at the end of the day it wasn't InSook  that killed the girl's father but the abused wife. Kind or reminds me of the Murder on The Orient Express where everyone somewhat had a hand in "killing" the victim. 

Love changes a person & gives them purpose. WooCheon was just existing before this (and not living) till he met In Sook. He now found a reason & a person to protect. Not surprised he confessed in her place to the murder. But of course it was fortunate he intercepted her before she could go confess since now they both realise someone else is responsible for the guy's death. 

Am sure we're not surprised with the childhood connection - though I didn't think it was necessary . Perhaps , they wanted to use that as a way for her to lower her defenses. Anyway, I know these happy moments are short-lived.  In Sook is dying but I am happy they both got a day where they could spend doing normal stuff, a day where everything was okay. They both have had it hard all this while. 

• Heart Eyes 1

A quick recap for eps 7 ...this is gonnna be a cryfest.  :nervous:

(Photo = broadcast capture)

Lou Gehrig patient Moon Young-ji (So Hee-jung), who had been ill for several days, seemed to have limited time now. However, her daughter Lim Ji-hoo (Kim Soo-hyung) was ready to go to school just like any other day. To Insook, who is puzzled that Ji hoo would want to go to school , “Mom will want me to go to school. I feel safe if I live as I used to,” she said. "I said it was okay if my mother disappeared while I was at school. It was because we had enough time to say hello while staying together at the hospice." :cry:

Jihoo's answer was deeply etched in Insook's heart. In fact, Insuk didn't realize what it was like to die. She didn't know how death came or what would happen when she died, so it seemed like she would never die. She did not inform her grandmother Yookjak (Go Doo-shim) of her condition with the slightest expectation that “I think there will be a miracle at least once in my life.” After realizing that it didn't make sense through Jihoo, Insook decided to say goodbye to the one who would be left behind.

Before going to see grandma , In-suk dressed up the way  Grandma would have wanted to see. I remembered the habit of saying, “Young people are dull, so what is that every day?”  She picked out a floral print dress that grandma would like, and said, “Smile a little. I can't see you smiling all the time." But in front of grandma , who knew Insook better than anyone else, all of this was useless. Seeing In-sook, who came to see her for the first time in a while, she instinctively felt that the thought she had been trying to deny was correct, saying, 'No way.'

Grandma, who wanted only one thing for her granddaughter to live a healthy and happy life, heard the news of Insook's condition , which caused  her to feel as if the sky is about to  fall and the earth will collapse. She said  that when young, In-suk asked her for  bananas and cheese, but she did not buy them because she thought it would be better not to eat them at all. (they were very poor)  . A sea of tears rushed down helplessly for In-sook, who is looking at a her grandma . Grandma was voicing her  injustice to a world that is forced to accept the fact that In Sook  has been diagnosed with a brain tumor. 

----------------------

Min Woo-cheon (Kim Kyung-nam) did not like In-sook's greeting. It felt like she was showing that she  had given up on everything. So, when Insook wrote the two letters 'goodbye ' in her diary, she added a question mark to change the meaning. After asking her father Pyo Kang-seon (Jang Hyun-seong) about his mother's death date, In-sook said that she would like to die on that day so that he could do the ancestral rites comfortably. With a desperate heart, Woo Cheon  bought a flight ticket for her go to Venice in May next year. (He didn't want her to give up.) 

Meanwhile, Young-ji could not get over the hurdle in the end, and she was held in the arms of her daughter Ji-hoo and passed away comfortably while the people of 'Morning Light' watched. Insook, who realized what death was for the first time, burst into tears and couldn't control her sadness. As Woochun, who had already experienced leaving someone, narrated saying that saying goodbye was not a greeting he was prepared for. 

• Like 1

On 1/12/2022 at 10:11 PM, ktcjdrama said:

Prepare tissue... I cried till my eyes were swollen. 

You're right ....I cried a river. I kept thinking about the rest of the hospice patients who saw that lady take her last breath. It will surely hit so close to home since it is only a matter of time that they go to. 

• Sad 1