The One and Only/ Only One Person 한 사람만 [2021-2022]

Eps 8 was really good. It is really too bad that people aren't watching this show ( domestic ratings is under 1%) and even internationally the buzz is not there.

I just like that in the midst of the romance blooming and the protagonist dying , there's also the cops chasing after them and a murder mystery (for the cops anyway to solve). As we have guessed, Mido's chaebol fiancee is behind all this and the serial killer lying dead on the beach there is also part of his plan to get In Sook in trouble.

I thought the hospice residents were so sweet to do up the room for WC and In Sook. LOL...That final bed scene was done pretty nicely. I just hope that they get to go to Venice together. Perhaps InSook now will be able to fight or battle the sickness within her, and give them more time together.

Have to say Mido is really quite a selfish character. Even till now , she's dying anyway that she's more concerned about her not getting into trouble instead of trying to see that what In Sook did that night was really to protect the young girl. 

This OST is nice

• Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 1

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

41 minutes ago, abs-oluteM said:

It is really too bad that people aren't watching this show ( domestic ratings is under 1%) and even internationally the buzz is not there.

One of the reasons seems to be that it's showing very late at night. As for internationally, the availability of subs definitely made people less excited about watching. Not to mention the theme itself and the setting of hospice. Most people want to avoid something that clearly spell outs OTP not being able to be together in the end... I agree that it's a good drama and it's too bad not many are watching. I find it hard to recap and translate properly too, because there are nuances and meanings for a lot of the lines/narrations in the drama. The best is really to watch it for the full experience. This is a drama that I watch on regular speed, lol... 

• Clapping Hands 1

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

I went through the summary. WC's friend betrayed him. WC and In Sook's chaebol BF meet face to face before they abducted WC. But fortunately WC managed to escape went and got In Sook who was at the hospital ( her condition is clearly deteriorating) and the two of them escaped from the cops

Preview

• Like 1

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

Ep.11 was rather uneventful and probably frustrating for me, like what are they doing with the story? I am starting to have difficulty and impatience following. But the ending/cliffhanger made it interesting again for me to look forward to the next episode. I really think this story could be better with shorter duration, like 12 episodes. Right now, it seems to be made more complicated than it needs to be. 

Urgh! How more foolish can Mido be... I cannot believe that she would just go spill every little secret to her oppa 🙄 Seriously, I don’t think I can pity her when she finds out the truth about her oppa. Joy did well in portraying this character. At times you want to be on her side, at times you want to just ditch her. 

The police leader/chief is really a pain to watch. I always wonder how such unwise person can rise to a leadership position... publishing a wanted notice with clear photographs when there isn’t a solid evidence yet?? Isn’t she shooting herself in the foot? How stupid.... 

• Insightful 1

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

What grandma complained to the police was right ~ it is all because of their incompetencies of not hunting the actual murderer that's causing WC and IS to flee. They should be trying to catch the real killer instead of waiting around the house for WC and IS to come back. I too think it's so stupid that the stake-out is made so obvious *rolleyes* And they expect WC/IS to go back to the house? LOL...

I appreciate that they still insert humour in this seemingly depressing drama. The hyung hugged the back-from-death guy and turned out that he's the one who's been helping hyung's wife and daughter. Hope they both can bring the real bad guy down. 

Again, the police is written as so incompetent here. They're asked to surround the doctor's house, but then they break into the house without permission?? Did they even bring a warrant?? Funny though, that the police officer is smitten by the young nun....

• Insightful 1

MTDzeiV.gif

@ktcjdrama since I have been side-tracked by Wallace :hug: , I haven't even watched eps 9 and 10 fully except for going through the summary last week. Anyhow eps 11 and 12 subs are not out yet , so I will catch 9 and 10. 

Eps 11 and 12 summary

Oh dear ...her illness is getting worse. Do you remember if they mentioned how long she will live?

• Like 1

Urgh! I really hate the police team in this drama, except for the detective who was sacked, and his female team leader. So in the course of arresting a suspect, it's okay for the police to be rude and shove dying patients of the hospice? This is the second time already they're causing unrest at the hospice. And not allowing In Sook to take her medicine, just because she is being arrested? What about basic human rights? Might as well just shoot her dead there and then *rolleyes* I really am so upset with the police force. 

• Insightful 1

MTDzeiV.gif

Wahhh the plot is getting quite draggy and I kept getting distracted even while watching eps 10. Maybe 12 episodes would have made more sense.

The last two eps will air on the 8th ( no episodes tonight) 

(Photo=Keyeast, JTBC Studio)

• Insightful 1

Finale summary - looks like they did get caught but he went to jail at the end for his past crimes and she returned to the hospice. She finally decided to  go for surgery and survived but lost her memories. At the end, after Woo Cheon got released from prison , she  met in at the bridge saying "hello" ...at least there's a new beginning for both.

More detailed recaps from Naver here 

Source

Spoiler

The life melodrama of Pyo In-suk (Ahn Eun-jin) X Min Woo-cheon (Kim Kyung-nam), Pyo In-suk X Kang Se-yeon (Kang Ye-won) X Seong Mi-do (Park Soo-young)'s womens, As the final story unfolded, it left a lasting impression in the hearts of viewers.

As her condition worsened day by day, Se-yeon seeing her death was near , a green ray that symbolized the color of heaven was seen, and the three women headed to the sea. Without thinking, the wide open sea swallowed up even fear. So even the timid Se-yeon was not afraid of her approaching death. Seyeon, who said, “I think I can do well,” closed her eyes as she saw the colors of heaven appearing in her hallucinations.

Mido let go of all the superficial and vain things she had been obsessed with. Even wtih her daughter dying, Mido's mother, who had never seen her face, came to ask for money when she heard the news of her marriage to conglomerate heir Goo Ji-soo (Han Kyu-won). Mido since she was a child, always longed for her mother's love, Realizing that this  wasn't the first time her mother is doing this, she treated her mother coldly. In the end, she also posted a video of Gu Ji-soo, who was a 'bad person', on the Internet to expose him . She realised it didn't hurt that much when she put it all together. So Mido learned how to love herself, and left just before her death, seeing the face of her brother she had dreamed of.

In-sook and Woo-cheon were acquitted of murder. Woo Kyung-mi (Cha-hee), who could not face her daughter San-ah (Seo Yeon-woo), who knows all the truth about her,  turned herself in. Even so, Woo-cheon had to pay the price for his past days as a contract killer. He appealed to Insook with his tears that she should hold on for herself until then, and Insook, who had initially not wanted to have the surgery, changed her mind because . While he served in the prison, her surgery was successful, but her memory deteriorated as a result of her side effects.

Insuk reunites with Woocheon, who was released from prison after a long time. She said "Hello" on the bridge. It was the first page of new memories to be written down. In this way, we summarized the things left by 'Only One Person', who left a deep impression with a beautiful ending where each other's existence was saved.

• Insightful 1

On 2/7/2022 at 8:25 PM, abs-oluteM said:

Wahhh the plot is getting quite draggy and I kept getting distracted even while watching eps 10.

Hang in there... ep.15 is good with the title "The Color of Heaven" ~ prepare your tissues though. Ep.16 sub is already out for me, but I think I will watch it tomorrow. Enough crying for today, because I think there will be quite a bit of crying for the finale as well.

I agree it gets draggy in the middle. I too think a 12-episode format will work better for the story. The whole running away arc seems unnecessary for me. I wonder what happened to that tall detective earlier on. He really is just gone from the story. I thought he was away only temporarily.... Kinda odd, or maybe something happened in RL that he had to be written out of the story...

• Insightful 1

MTDzeiV.gif