Our Times 启航当风起时 [2021]

Tofu

Eps 13 done @Tofu . Was really quite concern about XieHang's folks. And I wasn't a fan of XC dropping everything for his personal affairs. For someone starting a career and being part of a new venture, he is taking his job for granted. He is lucky he's such a good salesman. Anyhow what impressed me more was Xie Hang having a backbone.  We have not really seen much of her personality except for being someone that XC is completely smitten with and someone who was very dependent on her BF. So I was happy that she stood up to her parents and wants to look for a job on her own merit. 

As to Tan Yuan & PCH, I can see the angst coming. She wants to study abroad and that is going to create a conflict between her ambitions and love. But I am jumping the gun ...does PCH even realise he likes her ? LOL! 

• Clapping Hands 1

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: The Impossible Heir - Fri-Sat:  -  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - In Blossom, Guess Who I Am

On 9/23/2021 at 7:26 AM, abs-oluteM said:

does PCH even realise he likes her ?

Our dense boy. Haha! Xiao Chuang helps him navigate his feelings a bit in one of the episodes but I think he is someone who won't burden others with his feelings. He wants her to do what's best for her so he'll rather just stand in the shadow waiting for her. 

Hahaha! Wu Lei is so funny. 

New stills

LOL!!

• Haha 1

@Tofu Had to shake my head at PCH. But then again, it is completely like his personality to consider her future , and deny his own feelings so that she would go study abroad. He and XC are really like day and night. He is overly rational and logical. XC just goes with his feelings.

XC does take things for granted where work is concerned. He's got his priorities off balance. While it is sweet how devoted he is to Xie Hang , and how much he wants to spoil her, his performance is on a decline. I was glad he got told off by Director Tan. Fortunately XH is such a great girl - love her attitude.

She's got resilience and doesn't take things for granted. I liked the fact she returned the  $$ for her training course cancellation to XC. 

Anyway I have two more subbed episodes to go 17 & 18 before I am caught up. 

• Clapping Hands 1

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: The Impossible Heir - Fri-Sat:  -  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - In Blossom, Guess Who I Am

@abs-oluteM Same here. I think sometimes XC needs someone to tell him that he's doing too much. He doesn't strike me as someone to do things because he wants to be liked, he's simply a "I want to make the people I love happy". It makes me wonder what XH would do if she knew he was doing all of these things. I feel like she would give him a nice reality check along the lines of -- you need to focus on your work and stop worrying about me.

I just finished episode 19 and I'm so heartbroken for XC. No summary for this episode from me. I'll leave this here, I think it says it all. 

OT-14T.gif

• Sad 1
  • 2 weeks later...

@abs-oluteM How far along are you? I finished episode 26 on Monday, so I have about four episodes left to catch up with the current airing schedule. So many things has happened to Xiao Chuang and Pei Qing Hua. For one, Pei Qing Hua and Tan Yuan are finally together and it doesn't prevent her from going abroad either! She happily goes to further her education while still maintaining a long distance relationship with Pei Qing Hua. 

Xiao Chuan goes through some growth of his own. He was caught up in a scam which really affected him but he continued to push forward. He's not really one to talk about his feelings, he makes up lies to cover up his struggles instead. He did it with Xie Hang and also Pei Qing Hua but both of them knew. 

My friend told me that the group come together around episode 28, so I'm excited to see that! I love watching all of them together. 

• Like 1

@Tofu I am so far behind. I barely have times these days to watch,  perhaps one or two episodes a day if I am lucky. I think I finished up to eps 18.  There's no break up between XC and XH is there? I don't mind spoilers.

• Like 1

@abs-oluteM They did! They broke up when Xiao Chuang left Huayan. They were separated for a few episodes before they got back together. I think they got back together around episode 25 or 26? We find out that Xiao Chuang is an orphan! He doesn't have parents like he had been telling everyone! His parents died and he lived with his grandma until she passed away when he was 12. He has been on his own since. I was so shocked and sad at the same time. :letalQQ:

Because I've been so busy, there's only one drama I'm not behind on. All the other ones I'm behind or put on hold because I just can't keep up. 

• Sad 1

@abs-oluteM I'm just glad the mom stuff gets resolved quickly. I understand her not wanting PQH to follow his father's footstep, but PQH is not his father. He's much smarter and think things through before he acts out on it (sometimes he thinks too much like his feelings towards Tan Yuan. Haha!). 

I'm hoping to watch episode 27-30 this weekend. I'm a bit sad to see that it'll be done airing next week. :cry:

• Heart Eyes 1

I just finished eps 21...finally...took him long enough.

MtHdEit.png

The last couple of episodes saw PQH growing. Love that he has become more confident and interestingly credits it to XC .  Was thinking it isn't so bad that XC makes his own way in Guangzhou. He's always never come across as the sort that could easily submit to authorities. Not a bad idea for him to get experience setting up his own business. My biggest regret is still what happened to him and XH. She came to GZ to look for him but yet didn't have enough courage to go up to him. And sometimes he's such an idiot - I know why he broke it off but clearly he can't forget her either. 

• Clapping Hands 1

I know! When he finally confessed his feelings, I was so happy. That's our boy, taking forever and a day to be honest with himself! :laugh:

15 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

My biggest regret is still what happened to him and XH. She came to GZ to look for him but yet didn't have enough courage to go up to him.

Yes! I was a bit sad to see that she didn't approach him. She probably saw that he's doing well and didn't want to intrude. They get to together again in the next five episodes, so it's ok. Haha!

• Like 1

I can't believe this drama is over now. :letalQQ:

@abs-oluteM, I'm on episode 33 and one thing I dislike is how long they are keeping XC and PQH apart. They both appeared together around episode 27/28 and I have yet to see them together on the same screen. They are the heart of the show especially their brotherhood. :cry:

• Sad 1

@TofuI finished up to Eps 28. XC really had it hard...but in some ways I think it was his pride that made things even more difficult. Clearly PQH and even Xie Hang want to help him and would have if he had just shared his struggles. But anyhow it looks like PQH managed to leave some $$ for him and he found the guy who scammed him that laser disc thing. XC is also lucky he found a good friend in that gangster kid he met in GZ. Anyhow it looks like now they are headed back to GZ and Xie Hang is applying to work in GZ as well. 

• Like 1

@abs-oluteM Stop watching. It's not worth watching the remaining episodes. There is another season so it ends with so many cliffhangers. I feel so cheated out of my time. 

Spoiler

XC gets into an accident and they spend episode 34-36 looking for him. Director Tan and PQH are not seeing eye to eye on certain things too. PQH is an honest man and he does not like doing shady things -- something Director Tan is ok with. 

The series ends with a small appearance from XC to prove that he's still alive and more problems for Huayan that has not been resolved.

Ugh, I'm so upset! :pandarage2:

• Shocked 1