The Penthouse TV series.jpg

Penthouse 3
(aka The Penthouse: War in Life, Season 3)

Director: Joo Dong Min
Writer: Kim Soon Ok
Broadcast Station: SBS
Other Broadcast: Viki.com
Episodes: 12
Broadcast Dates: June 4 - August 20, 2021

Penthouse tells the story of the super wealthy who live in Hera Palace, and their children who attend Cheong Ah Arts School. Focusing on three women (Shim Su Ryeon played by Lee Ji Ah, Cheon Seo Jin played by Kim So Yeon, and Oh Yoon Hee played by Eugene) and their families, this drama is described by one of our staff members @NiteWalker as one where "Everyone is sleeping with everyone else, and everyone is trying to kill everyone else."

This drama is in its third season, picking up the story from the end of Season 2. It has every makjang kdrama trope including birth secrets galore, swapped identities, murders and murder attempts, bribery, blackmail, coercion, kidnapping, loan sharks, gangsters, etc., etc., etc! It's the very nature of the twists that are revealed that keep this drama engrossing for people who watch it. Plus, the acting talent is pretty unbelievable to deliver even when the plot lines are utterly preposterous.

Trailer
  • Haha 2

Main Cast

Lee Ji Ah as Shim Su Ryeon / Na Ae Kyo (plays dual roles)

Kim So Yeon as Chun Seo Jin

Eugene as Oh Yoon Hee

Supporting Cast - the Men

Um Ki Joon as Joo Dan Tae / Baek Joon Ki (JDT is his fake identity, BJK is his real identity) - He's SSR's husband in Season 1, but is revealed to be NAK's lover and becomes CSJ's husband in Season 2.

Yoon Jong Hoon as Ha Yoon Chul - Former husband to CSJ and the current husband to OYH.

Park Eun Seok as Gu Ho Dong / Logan Lee / Alex Lee (plays dual roles for twins LL and AL). Develops feelings for SSR.

Supporting Cast - the Children

Kim Young Dae as Joo Seok Hoon - JDT and SSR's son - the older twin

Han Ji Hyun as Joo Seok Kyung - JDT and SSR's daughter - the younger twin

Jo Soo Min as Anna Lee / Min Seol Ah - Grew up supposedly an orphan though really SSR's daughter and tutors JSH and JSK. Her death triggers events at Hera Palace.

Na So Hye as Joo Hye In - SSR's daughter who was sent away to live in America

Choi Ye Bin as Ha Eun Byeol - CSJ and HYC's daughter

Kim Hyun Soo as Bae Ro Na - OYH's daughter and revealed as HYC's daughter as well.

• Like 2
3 hours ago, Tofu said:

I'm not watching Penthouse but just reading the description of each character is enough to get me so confused. :BulbaConfused:

I couldn't actually find a character chart for Season 3, so I was thinking about making one up, but given all of the partner exchanges, double identities, exchanged identities, etc., that may be a tall order. I think the wiki link probably has the most complete cast list as well as listing which seasons that they are on, and a bit of a bio, but even the people updating the wiki page must have given up on the various supporting characters.

Definitely headache-inducing to try to figure out who is doing what to whom and why. :laugh:

• Haha 2
  • 3 weeks later...

Finally I found this forum!  Quiet here.. anyone watching????  Just finished episode 5…. Everyone keeps dying and returning from the dead.  So am not suprised anymore.  I am annoyed that fake Joon Tae keeps getting away with stuff and stealing the greens.   Overall when this series ends he better get his payday.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

@Mizv, this thread is a bit quiet. I have to admit that I usually watch with my jaws open, amazed at what the drama pulls off. It's very weird and seems extreme, especially for a kdrama. I wonder if everything will resolve this season. I can't see what else they could pull off?

10 hours ago, NiteWalker said:

@stroppyse my mom just admiring the gold bars as the reward....and i asked my mom if someone rewarded you with a simple what will you do...

she said she will fly over!! lols

LOL. Well, to be fair, we are talking about GOLD BARS. LOL

• Haha 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The ending is finally here…. One episode left.  I have mixed feelings how this is playing out.  am glad Seo Jin will finally get punished, but find it unnecessary to kill everyone off.  it’s kinda depressing end.  
I really enjoyed Season 1 best.  Was it a different writer each season?  

will watch the final because I only want to see what happens to Ro Na.

• Like 1