At a Distance, Spring is Green 멀리서 보면 푸른 봄 [2021]

🌱At a Distance, Spring is Green🌱

2Pxe2-4c.jpg

A coming of age story about young people in their twenties and the problems they face in university. Nam Soo Hyun and Yeo Joon,  two boys with contrasting personalities, unexpectedly become friends when they work on a project together.

Depicts the realistic worries and conflicts of university students in their 20's, centered around 1st-year student Yeo Joon. Even though Yeo Joon has an attractive appearance and comes from a wealthy background, he carries pain inside.

His character is a puppy-dog freshman who takes a liking to a sunbae and follows him around, leading to an unlikely friendship between two very different boys.
(Source: MyDramaList)

~~ Adapted from the webtoon "Meolriseo Bomyun Pooreun Bom" by Ji Nyoong. 

Native Title: 멀리서 보면 푸른 봄
Also Known As: A Blue Spring from Afar , From Distance, Blue Spring , From a Distance, a Green Spring , Seen from a Distance, Green Spring , Blue Spring From a Distance , Meolriseo Bomyun Pooreun Bom
Director: Kim Jung Hyun
Screenwriter: Jung Won
Genres: Friendship, Romance, Life, School, Youth
Tags: Adapted From A Webtoon, College Student, Campus Life, Coming Of Age, Student, Bromance, Campus Romance, Complicated Situation, Idol Actor, Honest Female Lead
Episodes: 12
Aired: Jun 14, 2021 - Jul 20, 2021
Aired On: Monday, Tuesday
Original Network: KBS2 iQiyi iQiyi Viki
Duration: 60 min.
Content Rating: 15+ - Teens 15 or older

🌱Relationship Chart :

20210614-170406.jpg

🌱Main Characters :

20210614-162246.jpg

🌱Support Roles :

Spoiler

20210614-162232.jpg

• Like 1

ezgif-com-gif-maker-47.gif

I'm here to indulge myself to another SLS party! Lols. 

The FL character seems interesting to me, she's shy and unable to speak up her mind, but she work very hard. 

The ML tbh looks a bit too extravagant for my taste. But it was said he have some hidden pain. His hair colour 😅 I hope he can grow on me later on? 

The SL is distant person, as he's the backbone of his family and need to work very hard. 

Well I don't have too much expectation on this tbh. Will just watch to kill time. 

Yeo Joon is quite unusual character as male lead in drama. He's so pretentious and trying to gain everyone friendship, but it's very insincere. He paid the senior expenses including their lunch, drink, and clubbing. And he also sort of mislead girls into thinking that he like them. He seems come from abusive family background. 

Despite all his efforts, 1 senior, Nam Soo Hyun remained unimpressed by him. And he seems can see through him. He's a scholarship winner, commuting almost 2 hours to go to school and have part time job at convenience store. It's easy to understand that he's really just to busy to develop any friendship outside. 

Kim So Bin is quite likeable, she's mediocre student but always work very hard and quite sincere. She wants to exchange with Yeo Joon as assistant researcher, and he in turn asking her to be his friend. Her relation with sunbae Soo Hyun is because they were once in same project and he sort of ignoring her unintentionally. The interesting part, sunbae treat her kindly and he seems to care for her, unlike his normal stoicism he usually showed to others. 

My verdict : It's a bit difficult to warm up to YJ's character. In return, I really like both SB & SH personality. So I guess I will see where this goes. 

We have more background on SH family. He seems pretty close to his brother, and their father is a policeman, assumed passed away while on duty. That's why SH seems upset that his brother plan to study as police. 

We also start to see YJ family member, his mom. Who didn't like him at all. She ask him to tidy up his hair ( lols mom I have to agree with you, eventhough you're quite evil haha) 

I still like SH's character the most. The way he reject the freshman who asking him to buy lunch is so clear & concise lols. He said, they should judge character better and know who will buy them lunch. Lols savage! 

But I start to grow sympathy tp YJ, his family really abusive. And he seems have a lot of trauma because of that. He even considered to commit suicide. 

You watch this one @Alice Wonderland?

• Like 1

Yes @SilverMoonTea I'm quietly watching among my psychopath lesson and law class. Lols

You see I like the sunbae more rather than the blonde guy. (Sorry I still couldnt remember their names). I mean everyone has their own hardship but the blonde guy is quite annoying for several reasons. I know he has a trauma but still I couldnt have a sympathy over his character. Plus, I really hate his hair and red lips, I mean did he put on lipstick??? Agreed with mom too. Even she is too much by telling him she is regretful for having him. Ouch, that one is so harsh. She should know how they treat him makes him sick. I think the brother is much caring maybe? He might look cold outside but how he asked him to leave probably he knows what his parents are going to do with his brother. But stupid kid, he should listen to his brother. 

Yea.. those girls asking for food to the senior are just ridiculous. Who are they even dare to ask him so? Seriously? If they want to get close with him at least they try to win his heart, they r the one who should treat him lunch. So absurd. Lols. And I hate those who labeled the sunbae as psychopath, especially those two sumbags thrid year seniors who are leeching to the blonde guy. I really want to punch them on their face. They pissed me off. I hate if the protagonist character being too saint here.

Honestly, I'm just watching but not sure whether to continue this or not. Many things irk me here. Lols. But that sunbae storyline with the female lead are quite fun so I may stay. And the brother, is he NIW? He looks much taller and younger here.

Edited by Alice Wonderland
  • Haha 1
59 minutes ago, Alice Wonderland said:

Honestly, I'm just watching but not sure whether to continue this or not. Many things irk me here. Lols. But that sunbae storyline with the female lead are quiet fun so I may stay. And the brother, is NIW? He looks much taller and younger here.

Same. I also like the calm & hardworking sunbae & the FL. The blond guy a bit hard to love. Me too I don't find him suitable to go with blond colour. I think not everyone can pull light colour hair well. I will stay to watch to see where it goes, but I also not so invested on it. Haha... But good thing sunbae have more air time here than in Gumiho.

• Haha 1

So I still continue with ep 4, and it's getting better. So Mijin corporation is actually belong to Jun's father. He trying so hard to get along with sunbae and want to do well. I have to say I start to grow some soft spot for Jun @Alice Wonderland

I thought SH sunbae will have loveline with YR. But I think its not, looking at how he even reject her favour with the part time job. The other girl that liking him, not sure too if will have chance. I think SH seems more concern if SB get cheated by YJ. 

• Like 1

Same here @SilverMoonTea the more we get to see him deeper, I think he isnt that annoying as before. Seeing how messed up and toxic his family member, not a single one care for him, so all those desperation for love he wants is understandable now. Ep 4 indeed is getting better. The story moves with some good developments for them. 

Yea, I got a feeling he seems to care for SB more later, well she is the female lead here, so yea. She has the highest chance to be the boys love interest. Haha. But like you said, I like the drama even they dont have romance, or it is better to focus more with their daily life struggling, schools and friendships. Kind of healing together. That might be more interesting to see rather than the romance. And I'm getting bored with triangle love. They also can leave this behind. It's a revolution time! 2021 dont need that trope again wont hurt right?

Edited by Alice Wonderland
  • Like 1
4 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

@SilverMoonTea HAHAHAHAHA you said it like as if he's been second lead for as long as Yoon Park and Im Ju Hwan. He's still quite new so he just needs to score a good role and then he'll be instantly promoted to ML.

Yeah his 2nd lead sunbae like Seo Kang Joon already promoted. Hope he can follow his foot step. SKJ was in family drama What Happens to My Family as 2nd lead, and in Cheese in The Trap too. True that about YP and IJH 😅

• Like 2

SKJ is probably too good looking to let it go to waste & stayed as 2nd lead...:pandathink: It's now his bandmate like KTO that needs to step up. He's quite cute so I'm not sure why he hasn't got the chance yet. As for BIH, I think he needs to stay as 2nd lead a little bit longer :laugh: ... why??

Spoiler

... to retain your love a lil' longer since the moment he becomes ML you stop loving him.

• Haha 2
  • 2 weeks later...