Hangul: 기상청 사람들: 사내연애 잔혹사 편

Director: Cha Young-Hoon

Writer: Sun Young

Broadcast station: JTBC | Netflix

Episodes: 16

Schedule: 12 February, 2022 -

Websites: Official website | Naver | NamuWiki |

Plot Summary

A story depicting love and work lives of employees at the Korea Meteorological Administration. Jin Ha-Kyung and Lee Shi-Woo are two people employed there. (source: AsianWiki).

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Like 2
  • Clapping Hands 1

[News] Park Min Young, Song Kang, Girl’s Day’s Yura, And Yoon Park Confirmed For New Romance Drama

bb49344c2cf54fd080c37cfe3a7bc440.jpeg?s=

JTBC’s upcoming drama “Cruel Story of Office Romance” (literal translation) has confirmed its starring cast!

“Cruel Story of Office Romance” is a new drama about the work and love lives of people who work at the Korea Meteorological Administration, Korea’s national weather forecast service.

On June 21, JTBC officially announced that Park Min Young, Song Kang, Girl’s Day’s Yura, and Yoon Park were all confirmed to star in the upcoming drama, which will be helmed by “When the Camellia Blooms” director Cha Young Hoon.

Park Min Young will be starring as the frosty Jin Ha Kyung, an intelligent and highly organized individual who does everything by the book and is fastidious about keeping her personal and professional lives separate. Due to her cold demeanor, she has few friends at work and has become an “outsider by choice.”

Meanwhile, Song Kang will be starring as Lee Si Woo, a free spirit who is always thinking outside the box. Although he can appear clumsy, he boasts an impressive IQ of 150 and is able to achieve anything once he sets his mind to it. However, in spite of his intelligence and abilities, all he cares about is the weather.

Yoon Park will be playing the role of Han Ki Joon, a handsome and quick-witted character with a silver tongue. Using his formidable powers of persuasion, Han Ki Joon eventually gets scouted by the spokeperson’s office after struggling in the early days of his career at the service. However, because he has lived his entire life as a model student, he has a hard time dealing with failure.

Finally, Yura will be playing the role of daily weather reporter Chae Yoo Jin. Although she went into her job with lofty dreams of breaking news, exciting scoops, and on-site reports, Chae Yoo Jin was ultimately assigned to the “weather and lifestyle team.” While she was initially disappointed by the assignment, she eventually comes to grow fond of her job.

“Cruel Story of Office Romance” will begin filming this summer and is currently scheduled to premiere early next year.

source

Edited by mademoiselle
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

Park Min Young And Song Kang Are Polar Opposites Who Can’t Help Being Drawn To One Another In New Romance Drama

Song-Kang-Park-Min-Young-2.jpg

JTBC has unveiled a teaser poster for its upcoming drama “Weather Forecast People: Cruel Story of Office Romance” (literal translation)!

“Weather Forecast People: Cruel Story of Office Romance” is a new romance drama about the work and love lives of people who work at the Korea Meteorological Administration, Korea’s national weather forecast service.

Park Min Young and Song Kang will star as Jin Ha Kyung and Lee Si Woo, two polar opposites who seem to have nothing in common. The frosty Jin Ha Kyung, who is intelligent and highly organized, does everything by the book and is coldly fastidious about keeping her personal and professional lives separate. Meanwhile, the passionate Lee Si Woo, who boasts an impressive IQ of 150 but only cares about the weather, is a clumsy free spirit who is always thinking outside the box and is determined to achieve whatever he sets his heart on.

In the newly released poster for the upcoming drama, Jin Ha Kyung and Lee Si Woo gaze at one another as they sit far apart at a long table. Typically, when cold air and warm air meet, the result is rain—and the tension between the two characters suggests that a storm is indeed brewing.

Meanwhile, the poster’s caption reads, “I’m in trouble. Because I keep liking you more and more.”

The producers of “Weather Forecast People: Cruel Story of Office Romance” commented, “The teaser poster that was released on January 7 captures the deep emotions of actors Park Min Young and Song Kang, who can tell a romantic story just by locking eyes.”

“To find out what unusual weather will arise when Si Woo, who is warm and clear without a single cloud, finds his way into the heart of the chilly Ha Kyung, who never has a strand of hair out of place even when she steps out of the Meteorological Administration,” they continued, “please stay tuned for the pair’s romance forecast.”

source

1 hour ago, Alice Wonderland said:

Me too, it brings me back the menories of that boring weather drama before  🤣

But I'd like to be surprised. 

I will check for the tall guy. 😆

Hahahahahaha some of us actually like When the Weather is Fine. It was a soothing drama (with a bit of mystery suspense later).

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

On 1/7/2022 at 12:03 PM, Tofu said:

I don't know, @mademoiselle. The teasers are not really drawing me in. 

I second this.

On 1/18/2022 at 8:37 AM, SilverMoonTea said:

Song Kang look like her little brother. Tbh can't see any hint of romance there, was it meant to be that way? 😅

I second this..

On the other way it seems more make sense if she go out with Yoon Park. 

I second this...

Like @mademoisellesaid, I also more interested with the weather forecast work topic. But really worried for SK x PMY pairing... haha...

I second this....

:lmao2:  sorry for the spamming 

• Haha 4

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Kidnapping // Dog Day // Lovers // Vote