Forecasting Love & Weather 기상청 사람들: 사내연애 잔혹사 편 [2022]

Oh noooo why is Yoon Park's character such a jerk?  :psweatduck: And Song Kang's GF was the one he cheated with ! So are their characters even relevant here going forward? Playing outright villains?

But anyhow quite an engaging 1st episode. I can't say I am 100% into the romance but I do like the scenes of them bickering - there are some sparks there. What I like was the weather forecasting bit since I am always intrigued by stuff like that. Didn't expect to find it quite exciting. 

Preview sees things taking off for the leads - that is fast...

• Like 5

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

5 hours ago, SilverMoonTea said:

Hahaha I have to say he's an absolute jerk gosh. So he married the reporter and go on honeymoon right? But I'm pretty sure he might want to get JK back later. -> experienced drama watcher haha... Me & @LaLawas discussing how we found out he's going to cheat just by few minutes watching ep 1 😅

I guess we watched too much drama with similar plot that we could guess it quite fast.. a typical plot for bf cheating on the lead female? hahaha

I tried the drama because @SilverMoonTea who's fav genre isn't romance said that the drama is unbelievably good for the first episode. So I want to check out which part that makes her said that it was so good. I agreed that the forecasting and meteorological department looks interesting. The romance part is nothing new, so I can't really comment that long. I need to see more episodes whether to continue watching it or not. But I hope Silver unnie will stay until the end because it's rare to see her saying first episode of a drama is good hahaha 

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

Currently Watching List:

K-drama: The Real Has Come, See You in My 19th Life 

K-variety: 

3 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

Oh noooo why is Yoon Park's character such a jerk?  :psweatduck: And Song Kang's GF was the one he cheated with ! So are their characters even relevant here going forward? Playing outright villains?

Yoon Park's character is such a jerk! I think he'll have fun with the character, though. :laugh:

Ohmygosh, I didn't realize they were the same person! That's what I get for watching while multi-tasking, so not paying close attention to the characters. Yes, we'll definitely see more of both of them.

@LaLa, happy to see you here! Let's try to stick with this drama if we can. The dialogue is really good, even for the jerky characters without being too intense or melodramatic. At least in the first episode.

• Like 6
11 hours ago, SilverMoonTea said:

I like PMY's character here the most compare with all of her other dramas. It's kind of relatable, she's kind of stoic, overworked, and very cautious as person. 

I like her character, but it does remind me a bit of Secretary Kim.

11 hours ago, SilverMoonTea said:

YP's character seems to be a long term boyfriend who's get tired of being sidelined to 2nd priority after her work. 

Nope. That does not excuse him cheating on his fiancee. Also, not telling her that he was breaking off their engagement. Rather, she learns about it because the wedding vendors text her complaining that they were not getting paid and/or had been cancelled.

Also, the scene in the preview where he decides to take the expensive stuff out of their apartment as well as wanting to keep the apartment rather than signing it over to her as he promised in reparation for breaking their engagement the way he did, they all point to the fact that he is a total, selfish jerk.

I also think that he's going to regret his marriage to Yoo Jin and want to be back with Ha Kyung again. He is clearly drawn to strong women, and Ha Kyung seems to succeed in her endeavors versus Yoo Jin who is younger and still struggling to. Just a thought though.

• Like 4
  • Insightful 1

Actually, not many current ongoing dramas pleases me @SilverMoonTea and I tried this last night. And surprisingly it was good. And I like the tension they give during the forescasting scenes. Like you said, I like PMY's character here, and I have a feeling that this will be the best of her characters she has played so far, well that caught my attention. 

I remember you ever mentioned about how if they swap the pairing for the otp based on their age group, PMY with YP and SK with the youbg lady. Look you got your wish, lols. But I am not happy with it. I know it's just an acting the actor is only doing his job. But there are some things that I cant stand, first is sexual abuser and the second is a cheater. These characters are the types that I despise the most. And I prefer to hate them to make it easy to watch them. 

I like the forecasting part here, how they work and how it affects a lot to the everyday life. 

• Like 4
  • Clapping Hands 3

I really enjoyed episode 2. I still enjoy the pacing on this drama, and I just hope that there is enough story to fill all the episodes. Also, I was not expecting things to develop as they did at the end of the episode. Rest of this thought in the spoiler.

Spoiler

Ohmygosh! So, HK and SW have a drunken one night stand. I was not expecting this at all. Now, HK insists on being cool about it and letting it just be a one nighter, but it's clear that SW has some soft eyes for HK. And, since SW is not going to go back to the regional center, but stay on her team, this is going to be a bit problematic for HK, especially since SW is now a permanent member of her team.

I appreciated the time jump between episode 1 and 2 since it gave both HK and SW time to process their feelings over getting dumped and having their exes get married after having cheated on them with each other.

KJ is a complete and total jerk, and I appreciate that HK finds out that KJ had been telling lies to her when they were together even before his cheating, even if they weren't big lies.

Also, I loved the scene where HK tells KJ off, even in front of an audience of their colleagues. It's not as if they didn't all know that they were supposed to have been married before it was suddenly called off and KJ married another woman.

I have to admit that I have a lot of admiration for Park Min Young. She really does have chemistry with all of her co-stars. I'm starting to warm up to the idea of HK and SW as a couple.

4 hours ago, Alice Wonderland said:

But there are some things that I cant stand, first is sexual abuser and the second is a cheater. These characters are the types that I despise the most. And I prefer to hate them to make it easy to watch them. 

@Alice Wonderland, not sure if you watched episode 2, but thought you might enjoy it since you don't like cheaters. I don't either, and I don't think the drama intends to let either of the cheaters, Ki Jun and Yoo Jin, off entirely.

Interesting that YJ did not want KJ to know that she had been living with SW prior to her marriage to KJ. It seems that KJ and YJ deserve each other, though I suspect that once the novelty has worn off, they're going to get sick of each other.

• Like 5
  • Insightful 1

I think the dynamic between these 4 are very interesting to see. Their relationship problem totally not new, but I felt it's well played by all of them.

So YJ also still keeping a secret from KJ about her previous living together with SW. In my opinion this is not the brightest move 😅, something as big like that bound to be discovered sooner or later. I think KJ also not the brightest bulb out there too haha 😂 so actually they're quite matching. This couple also very brazen, they're the one who's cheating but she still dare to ask mocking question to HK in presscon. 

I like the OTP couple budding friendship, that bonded from their collective enemies 😂 It's intreresting that his transfer was due to his curiousity wanting to find out how HK cope out with her wedding cancellation. I think he must felt bad for saying she's not doing her job properly before. 

I think KJ have a serious inferiority complex towards HK. The cheating might not because he's so into the reporter. I think once he saw SW interested on HK, he will be soon want to get her back. Their shared history is not short, 10 years. 

I was bursting laughing when she say sorry for their sleeping together 🤣 The progress is quite fast, I'm not totally sold out with the romance still. And actually I became a bit wary on how they will fill up the balance of 14 more episodes. But since my expectation so low, I'll just enjoy the ride for now. 

• Like 3
  • Clapping Hands 2

ezgif-com-gif-maker-47.gif

23 minutes ago, SilverMoonTea said:

It's intreresting that his transfer was due to his curiousity wanting to find out how HK cope out with her wedding cancellation. I think he must felt bad for saying she's not doing her job properly before. 

I know that SW said that, but I don't think that was the only reason for the transfer. Even before SW knew HK, he had been saying that he wanted a transfer to headquarters to see how things were there. He wanted to see how headquarters managed their weather forecasting. I think HK was just added incentive for him to really go for the temporary assignment there. I wonder whether he accepted the permanent transfer because he was interested in how HK handled things though.

26 minutes ago, SilverMoonTea said:

I think KJ have a serious inferior complex towards HK. The cheating might not because he's so into the reporter. I think once he saw SW interested on HK, he will be soon want to get her back. Their shared history is not short, 10 years. 

Good point. I think you're right that KJ has a serious inferiority complex towards HK. I mean HK is now a Director even which is several levels above him.

• Like 4
  • Clapping Hands 1

Episode 2

Wow. The pacing for the leads took a big leap. I so did not expect this. That scene was the first thing I saw when I check my phone this morning. And all I could think of is - DAMNIT, now @SilverMoonTea is going to drop it! 😭

I swear, I thought Ha Kyung was going to lose the argument towards Ki Joon as she started crying and sounding soft but then she fought back one last time doing fantastic Maths and yelled at him "Gaesaegi". Omigosh, that felt soooo good. I also liked that she made it known to the company it was he who is being the jerk of the century!

I didn't know he could stoop even lower than he was in episode 1. Cheating Ha Kyung's money by lying about the TV cost more than it is worth. Gets you wonder just how much more had he cheated out of Ha Kyung all these years.

At this point I'm not that interested in the romance yet. I think they need time to build it up and can take the backseat for now. I want to see more meteorological related scenes.

I like that there is a time-jump and skipped the heartbreaking scenes.

• Haha 4
38 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

Episode 2

Wow. The pacing for the leads took a big leap. I so did not expect this. That scene was the first thing I saw when I check my phone this morning. And all I could think of is - DAMNIT, now @SilverMoonTea is going to drop it! 😭

Haha the one night stand indeed a bit fast for my liking. But somehow it's justifiable, after what she has gone through. I was laughing out loud reading your comment, sorry that I make you didn't enjoyed the scene 😆

I didn't know he could stoop even lower than he was in episode 1. Cheating Ha Kyung's money by lying about the TV cost more than it is worth. Gets you wonder just how much more had he cheated out of Ha Kyung all these years.

Yes I was rather shocked too on this 🥴😱 She make a lucky escape isn't she? I think he's quite unredeemable at this point. If I ever have SLS, just slap me ! 🤣🤣🤣 I hate money cheater much more than love cheater (if this even make sense for you all😂

At this point I'm not that interested in the romance yet. I think they need time to build it up and can take the backseat for now. I want to see more meteorological related scenes.

Yes I think they need to make the love story more believable. I also wonder if their age gap also will become a problem. He 27 and she 34. Not sure if their colleague and her family will look frown upon it. 

@stroppyseEventhough PMY role a bit similar to her previous dramas. There is something much more that I appreciated on her delivery as HK. I think she showed more vulnerability here, and overall the character is more relatable than Sec Kim or lion drama. 

• Like 2
  • Clapping Hands 2

4 minutes ago, SilverMoonTea said:

Haha the one night stand indeed a bit fast for my liking. But somehow it's justifiable, after what she has gone through. I was laughing out loud reading your comment, sorry that I make you didn't enjoyed the scene

Bahahaha actually it's not you. I was somehow cringing being reminded of Nevertheless instead. It was not a heart-fluttering bed scene for me anyway. At least I think the chemie is there.

7 minutes ago, SilverMoonTea said:

Yes I was rather shocked too on this 🥴😱 She make a lucky escape isn't she? I think he's quite unredeemable at this point. If I ever have SLS, just slap me ! 🤣🤣🤣 I hate money cheater much more than love cheater (if this even make sense for you all😂)

LOL no to both for me. Love cheater can ruin a woman's dignity and reputation. Because life is still not equal between men and women, so reputation for a woman is important in this society especially Asia and if it's a conservative, small community. Money cheater makes me poor. So both I hate xD

• Haha 4
1 hour ago, mademoiselle said:

I want to see more meteorological related scenes.

This will be what I am more interested in watching because we haven’t had any workplace drama with this premise before. Just like watching Jirisan gave me added understanding of the life/job of the mountain rangers. 

• Like 3
  • Clapping Hands 1

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

6 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

The pacing for the leads took a big leap.

There are a few romcoms and romantic dramas that start with a one night stand that then becomes more. For instance, the recent Song Hye Kyo drama 'Now We Are Breaking Up' also started with a one night stand between the OTP.

However, it feels as if the OTP romance has become a lot more complicated though. So far, the hurdles that the couple has to get through:

1. the one night stand

2. the age gap

3. that she's his supervisor at work

4. that HK has been scarred by her ex

5. and the exes will probably cause trouble for the OTP as well once the exes become dissatisfied with each other and come sniffing back around the OTP

I suppose it gives the drama more scope and possible plot points to fill. After enjoying the first 2 episodes so much, I'm a bit nervous that the quality may degenerate.

5 hours ago, SilverMoonTea said:

Eventhough PMY role a bit similar to her previous dramas. There is something much more that I appreciated on her delivery as HK. I think she showed more vulnerability here, and overall the character is more relatable than Sec Kim or lion drama. 

I think PMY is a good actress. I've enjoyed many of her dramas. It's only natural that she take on roles that may have similar vibes in her plethora of roles. HK is more vulnerable for a number of factors, including that she had spent so much of her time devoted to that loser and cheat KJ.

• Like 2
  • Clapping Hands 2

The ending of ep 2 was just too mind blowing. Lol. I didnt expect we wouod get that scene. HK was so determined to not dating her colleague anymore but she'll end up doing it anyway. I like the bar guy, it reminds me of his old characters as LJH's royal guard in TRS and the funny potato head in SKL. 

22 hours ago, stroppyse said:

I have to admit that I have a lot of admiration for Park Min Young. She really does have chemistry with all of her co-stars. I'm starting to warm up to the idea of HK and SW as a couple

At first, I wasn't really into this pairing before but somehow the two made it. And I see that little spark between them. Thanks to cheater KJ, so I don't have to be torn into who should I root the girl with, the first lead or second lead.

not sure if you watched episode 2, but thought you might enjoy it since you don't like cheaters. I don't either, and I don't think the drama intends to let either of the cheaters, Ki Jun and Yoo Jin, off entirely

Just did last night. Oh yea, I love the part when she finally confronts him and make all things clear for people too. The jerk is him and people seems love to out the blame more on the girl. He deserves more than the slaps and humiliation. 

It seems that KJ and YJ deserve each other, though I suspect that once the novelty has worn off, they're going to get sick of each other

I think it's funny how all these years, that the four are miss-matching. The one who fits in with another is revealed now. Those shameless cheaters will get their karma for sure. Their happiness is based on trampling someone's else happiness won't last forever. 

• Like 5

Wahhh all this drama selling & barter trade going on here . :lmao2:

--------------

I have to say I love this crazy 4 way entanglement. Who knew the exes would marry each other so quickly.  And they are all now going to be in constant contact. This is gonna be fun.  Ha Kyung  dodged a bullet there if you ask me because Ki Joon is just a first class jerk. Cheating on her is one thing but somewhat pointing the finger on her & shamelessly asking for his "share" of the house makes him quite unredeemable as a character . My favourite scene was when she had that argument over the house in the office for all to see. I applauded her for standing her ground & telling him she ain't gonna leave. Ha Kyung, please don't give him a single cent.

Best scene of eps 2 for me

And the bed scene at the end was well done,  though I wonder if it's just rebound sex or a real attraction. Though, I think Shi Woo finds her attractive.   It's not hard to see how it could have lead to that - both are still recovering from a broken heart , both have a common enemy in their exes, both are attractive people...add some or a lot of alcohol to that ...and there you go. Anyway it will be very interesting to see how things will be at the office now. Adding  the exes into the picture , that is going to be one "turbulent" place to work in.  :heiboi:

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

42 minutes ago, abs-oluteM said:

Wahhh all this drama selling & barter trade going on here . :lmao2:

--------------

Yeah nowadays in open economy, just selling strategy won't work anymore. Apparently you need barter as well. @mademoisellewe do all sort of tactics here so your thread can flourish :laugh:

Btw should we call @JenLhere to watch? Song Kang. Or you're one of his victim that traumatized by Nevertheless? :thinking:

• Haha 5

BTS

---

Hahahahaha I love all this deal-making with @Tofu going on. And @Tofu I watched Reset for you. So come, come. Try this out.

I like PMY as an actress. She seems to be doing similar roles in recent years, and potentially typecast in rom-coms but I am not sick of watching her shows at all. At least she's a pro in this field, if you guys know what I mean. She matches well with all her male co-stars and has good chemistry with them. She can do romance and emote, and one of the important criteria for doing romance is she can receive and give kisses very well.

You guys are right, the stakes or scope of story are wider by having the leads having a one night stand so early. It will or might draw out some comedy from it too coz of it. I'm already looking forward to seeing Shi Woo charming Omma Kim Mee Kyung that Ki Joon could not.

Initially I thought Shi Woo is going to be young and reckless when predicting the weather, basing it on his gut feeling more than providing enough justification but I'm glad to find out in episode 2 he's hard-working and is a person that does his homework.

2 hours ago, SilverMoonTea said:

@TofuIf you watched this, I'll make an effort to continue ep 2 25-21 😅

Are you not continuing with 25-21?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Clapping Hands 3
32 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

---

Hahahahaha I love all this deal-making with @Tofu going on. And @Tofu I watched Reset for you. So come, come. Try this out.

Wow tofu under so much pressure. I can sense she will relented soon 🤣

33 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

Are you not continuing with 25-21?

This one I have deal with @LaLa, so I should 😂

• Haha 6

'Ello, 'ello... finally there are things to watch again. What's not to watch with a PMY and SK pairing? Hahaha...

Have only watched 1½ episodes so far. Had to stop cos work started. But so far, I'm liking what I see. I like the actress who plays PMY's mum. And PY has started out being quite the A**. But I'm starting to see some bit of jealousy. Tad too late? A met station is a strange setting, but I used to enjoy the science of meteorology when I was in school so it's interesting to watch how to work in a met station can be so important... cos well, here where I am... what else can the weather bring but rain and sun? :/ 

Let's see where this ride takes us...

• Like 4
  • Clapping Hands 2
2 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

Best scene of eps 2 for me

Oh totally! I love that she stood up for herself, and let him have it. I also agree that she dodged a bullet. KJ is such a jerk and a liar, and totally shameless as well. If she had married him, then he would probably continue to "cheat" her in order to feed his own ego and comfort.

1 hour ago, SilverMoonTea said:

Or you're one of his victim that traumatized by Nevertheless? 

Traumatized is the right word! For me, I refuse to acknowledge that drama. The only drama that Song Kang did that starts with an "N" is 'Navillera'. :SquirtleSquadCool:

1 minute ago, gilaswan said:

I like the actress who plays PMY's mum.

She will always be Ajumma Hacker to me! It's nice that Ajumma Hacker and Young Shin are reunited in this drama!

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Clapping Hands 2
4 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

Initially I thought Shi Woo is going to be young and reckless when predicting the weather, basing it on his gut feeling more than providing enough justification but I'm glad to find out in episode 2 he's hard-working and is a person that does his homework.

I agree with this. I am glad to see that he is a smart one who uses his brain and very passionate about his job. 

I rolled my eyes when HK was ignoring the warning about hail and not bother to keep a close watch on it. I now understand it will cost a lot of money in issuing any weather warning but I still think it’s better to err on the side of caution instead of ignoring the signs. The cost of money is nothing compared to cost of lives when people are not prepared for the severe unusual weather. 

• Like 4
  • Clapping Hands 1

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love