Forecasting Love & Weather 기상청 사람들: 사내연애 잔혹사 편 [2022]

How many here watching this alongside 21 25? I'm trying to decide which has a better start for me... leaning towards 21 25 for its nostalgia appeal. Nevertheless finding this one interesting for the office brouhahas happening - how can it not be exciting with an office couple due to get married breaks up, and the affair that caused it is with someone else within the same circle that - gasp! - was dating the guy you just recklessly had a one night stand with and is now - gasp! - a permanent junior on your team! :laugh: Talk about setting the scene up right. Hahaha...

I too wasn't expecting the complications to come on so quickly (by the end of episode 2!), but I have to say, while I am not yet impressed with SK as an actor (he's alright, not great, but not bad either), I think the carefree (and maybe in some way "careless" too) manner that LSW carries about him suits SK as a character. I like how he's seemingly unperturbed by what's happened to him so far, relationship-wise, and how he is equally unperturbed that he slept with his boss who very quickly tells him to disregard the "happening", and he readily agrees. See how he nonchalantly swings his jeans over his shoulders as he walks - presumably butt naked still - to the bathroom for a shower while she just stares, agape (/əˈɡeɪp/, not /ˈaɡəpi/, which definitely ain't what's happening between them :smug:). Hahaha...

• Like 2
  • Haha 5
5 hours ago, gilaswan said:

How many here watching this alongside 21 25?

I started 2521, but the start was slow, so it hasn't quite gotten my attention as this drama was able to. If @Tofudoes start watching this, I promised that I would try to at least finish the first 2 episodes. So, if I actually get around to finishing the episodes this weekend, perhaps I'll become more invested in that drama.

I think SK is okay as an actor, better than a lot of his peers, but still could do with more seasoning. However, I appreciate that he does seem to be working on his acting. I sometimes wonder about all of the young actors who are considered good looking as to whether they're catapulted into leading roles just a bit too early.

But so far, I have to say that I'm enjoying this drama a lot more than 2521.

@Tofu, Yoon Park does seem to have become a bit sidelined into 2nd lead roles rather than the main lead roles. I wonder if his dramas didn't perform as well as expected when he was cast as the main ML? I honestly can't remember the dramas where he was the main male lead.

• Like 4
  • Clapping Hands 3

@gilaswanI'm more engaged with this drama compare to 25 21. The setting and build up for Forecast is more juicy compare to 25 21😆, the later felt slower for me. I'm also slightly bothered by the 25 21 Kim Tae Ri's hairstyle and fashion (as mentioned by @mademoiselletoo). 

Perhaps also due to 25 21 focused more on fencing theme, which I'm really not into sports in real life, so it's kind of hard for me to relate. But the nostalgic stuff like old cassette player, comic books in 25 21 brought my old memories back. 

Regarding SK's acting I agree with you all, he still have room for improvement. I sort of forgive him because he's cute ? 🤣 NJH in 25 21 actually showed more solid acting. Just realized both the same age 27 y.o, but I felt NJH much more older than him. SK just looks like a baby to me somehow 😅

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

ezgif-com-gif-maker-47.gif

2 hours ago, SilverMoonTea said:

Regarding SK's acting I agree with you all, he still have room for improvement. I sort of forgive him because he's cute ? 🤣 NJH in 25 21 actually showed more solid acting. Just realized both the same age 27 y.o, but I felt NJH much more older than him. SK just looks like a baby to me somehow 😅

Hahahahaha! SK debuted much later than NJH so he's forgiven for being less experience in acting, plus knowing that he's actively building up his resume now by taking one drama after another.

His drama is hit or miss for me, which I'm sure everybody knows which one is a miss. 😆 I'm sometimes also bothered by his diction but it seems in this drama, it isn't so bad (yet).

I actually watched NJH's first drama - School 2017 with Kim So Hyun so I remember how green he was. He has definitely seasoned over the years, which is great, coz he was Oppa 😂

2 hours ago, SilverMoonTea said:

I'm more engaged with this drama compare to 25 21. The setting and build up for Forecast is more juicy compare to 25 21😆, the later felt slower for me. I'm also slightly bothered by the 25 21 Kim Tae Ri's hairstyle and fashion (as mentioned by @mademoiselletoo). 

Perhaps also due to 25 21 focused more on fencing theme, which I'm really not into sports in real life, so it's kind of hard for me to relate. But the nostalgic stuff like old cassette player, comic books in 25 21 brought my old memories back. 

I'm one of you who can't quite get into 2521. I'm not sure why. It's just not as easy a watch compared to this drama even though I didn't fall asleep or lose interest (yet). I also haven't warmed up to the lead characters either. It has nothing to do with sports, fashion or nostalgia or not either. 🤷🏻‍♀️

• Like 2
  • Haha 3
  • Clapping Hands 1
20 hours ago, stroppyse said:

Yoon Park does seem to have become a bit sidelined into 2nd lead roles rather than the main lead roles. I wonder if his dramas didn't perform as well as expected when he was cast as the main ML? I honestly can't remember the dramas where he was the main male lead.

He was supposed to be the male lead in the weekend drama, Beautiful Love, Wonderful Life, but he was sidelined when the second male lead became more popular. They wanted a redemption arc for the cheating ex-husband so they went that route instead of sticking to the original. It was upsetting because each episode, you waited for the ex-husband storyline to end but realized it wasn't because Yoon Park's scenes just got less and less. 

I'm with @abs-oluteM and @gilaswan on how I feel about 2521. I enjoyed that one more than I thought, maybe the key was having low expectations in the beginning. Hahaha! 

I will give this office scandal a shot this weekend. I hope this never happens at my workplace. Haha! It would be so awkward for everyone since my workplace only has 12 people at our main office. :laugh:

• Like 3
  • Haha 2
  • Clapping Hands 2
18 hours ago, SilverMoonTea said:

Maybe indeed she can just donate the TV to him 😂 

First of all, BB cream Oppa must be special in your heart. You jumped from Jun to him when Grid has only aired one episode (but where's LJS?) :lmao2: 

Secondly, this reminds me how Park Min Young as the poor Nana in City Hunter was able to own the latest Apple iPhone at the time :laugh:

• Haha 5

BTS

2 hours ago, Tofu said:

I will give this office scandal a shot this weekend. I hope this never happens at my workplace. Haha! It would be so awkward for everyone since my workplace only has 12 people at our main office.

It's really not that bad! Trust us! We wouldn't recommend if we didn't like it.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Clapping Hands 2
9 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

Secondly, this reminds me how Park Min Young as the poor Nana in City Hunter was able to own the latest Apple iPhone at the time

Honestly, no matter how poor a kdrama heroine is, she somehow is able to afford Christian Louboutin heels and designer handbags which cost thousands of US dollars, so I just don't pay any attention to that any more.

It's just as in American dramas and sitcoms, no matter how poor the person may be, they have a huge apartment/house.

11 hours ago, Tofu said:

He was supposed to be the male lead in the weekend drama, Beautiful Love, Wonderful Life, but he was sidelined when the second male lead became more popular. They wanted a redemption arc for the cheating ex-husband so they went that route instead of sticking to the original. It was upsetting because each episode, you waited for the ex-husband storyline to end but realized it wasn't because Yoon Park's scenes just got less and less. 

Oh yeah, that's right. Oh Min Sook killed it in his role as the cheating ex-husband, so YP totally got sidelined. I think that's the drama where I started wondering if YP's leading man status was starting to erode.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

@gilaswan I'm watching both dramas but so far I find this forecasting love is more engaging for me. I don't know what to say about 25-21, it's not bad but I think after OBS it's hard for me to enjoy a nostalgic drama theme better than that. Well, I'm stuck in ep 2 and considering what's going on from episode 1 is enough to think that I'm too tired to play guessing game of who is the female lead husband or whom she ends up with. But let's see which of these two has better progress on upcoming episodes. I'll decide later whether to contine or drop. 

As to SK's acting. I think he is okay too. He is one of the actors who looks younger than his real age. I only know him from LA season 1 long ago. And he looks just the same like now.

• Like 5
  • Heart Eyes 1

@SilverMoonTea you better keep your promise and watch 25 21 ep 2. I have kept mine and just finished watching the 2nd episode of this :P

On 2/13/2022 at 11:30 PM, stroppyse said:

@LaLa, happy to see you here! Let's try to stick with this drama if we can. The dialogue is really good, even for the jerky characters without being too intense or melodramatic

Hi hi it's been awhile. Or probably me who isn't that active in posting in a thread of drama that I watched that we might miss each other. Well, I keep no promises for putting this drama down in my cw list.. so far the 2 episodes is okay for me, but there's no particular things that hooked me into the plot. Other than how it's going in forecasting weather and the way the meteorology department works, nothing is particular interesting for me. The romance is just so so. 

I think this is my first drama with SK. And to match him with PMY, well she did great for building up chemistry with her screen partner as always. But he's still not on the same level as hers I guess.. Dunno why but I still have this awkward moment or feelings while watching the two. The feeling that I should feel wasn't there.. hmm

On 2/15/2022 at 2:25 PM, stroppyse said:

She will always be Ajumma Hacker to me! It's nice that Ajumma Hacker and Young Shin are reunited in this drama!

I think they already reunited before this drama? They play a mother daughter role in her private life.. or am I wrong? :thinking:

Well up to ep 2, I guess it taught us several things. Sometimes I wonder what happened to those couples who dated for a long time but suddenly broke up when to others they looked fine and happy as couple. In here HK and KJ tried to not show their upset and be understanding to each other, however while HK tried to think the positive side of things, KJ was not. His inferiority feelings towards her who is more successful between the two might probably the biggest reason for the sudden break up after 10 years of dating and almost marriage. While what both portrayed so far won't be the fair example for long dated couple for their break up, I think I can understand a little.. 

I guess the writer wants to use the weather and meteorology terms in a relationship between lovers. In ep 1 she chose the word signal, in ep 2 she chose wind. The Korean word for wind is 바람 which is also the same word for affair (please do correct me if I'm wrong @stroppyse ). I could understand her analogy in choosing the word and also combining it with the drama situation.. 

@SilverMoonTeaI still need more reasons and episodes to keep me watching this.. hmm I still curious about why you can get immediate interest in this.. 

• Like 6
  • Insightful 1

Currently Watching List:

K-drama: The Real Has Come, See You in My 19th Life 

K-variety: 

52 minutes ago, LaLa said:

@SilverMoonTea you better keep your promise and watch 25 21 ep 2. I have kept mine and just finished watching the 2nd episode of this :P

Hahahahaah why you're so diligent 🤣 

52 minutes ago, LaLa said:

@SilverMoonTeaI still need more reasons and episodes to keep me watching this.. hmm I still curious about why you can get immediate interest in this.. 

Hmm simply because it's juicy ? I beg to differ with @TofuI would love to see office drama like this in real life 🤣 , but sadly there is none lols. It's okay Lala you can drop this (and I can drop 25 21 as well? 🤐🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

ezgif-com-gif-maker-47.gif

16 minutes ago, SilverMoonTea said:

Hmm simply because it's juicy ? I beg to differ with @TofuI would love to see office drama like this in real life 🤣 , but sadly there is none lols. It's okay Lala you can drop this (and I can drop 25 21 as well? 🤐🤣

WAH?! You want to see office drama like this in real life? Which character will you play in your office romance? :lenny:

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

BTS

1 hour ago, Alice Wonderland said:

@mademoiselle just saw that jtbc have the four commenting the first 2 episodes, whoa, what is that? A new concept. I'm so glad they did that for us. Watching them is so fun. Hahaha. Well, how could be they all so pro and not blushing at all while watching those 18+ scenes, hahahaha. 

Could anyone help us with eng sub?? Huhuhu

Hahaha it's promotion. The Swoon had this too although not for every drama.

I think SK does look a bit embarassed but this is nothing compared to ... oh wait, I'm supposed to have no memory of that drama...!

• Like 3
  • Haha 3
11 hours ago, SilverMoonTea said:

It's okay Lala you can drop this (and I can drop 25 21 as well? 🤐🤣)

I want to torture you :Ghastlel: you better watch at least 4 episodes of it hahahaha I mostly always give 4 episodes chance for new drama that I started to watch before deciding if it's worth my time or not..

I think the romance will go slowly but sure after this.. SW definitely likes HK because when she asked him to just forget their night together, he seems to just want to tease her. SW will then slowly occupied HK mind soon or later and the love will progress slowly.. although yes they have to overcome the age difference, job status, meddlesome ex etc between them but I think around half or whole episode (around ep 8 - 10) the love story will be a little bit clearer? That's based on my drama watching experience with romance plot on the heavy part hahaha.. it might be different but we'll see.. 

I wonder if @SilverMoonTeawill keep her words and watch this till the end then.. :MewGiggle:

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Currently Watching List:

K-drama: The Real Has Come, See You in My 19th Life 

K-variety: 

19 hours ago, LaLa said:

I think the romance will go slowly but sure after this.. SW definitely likes HK because when she asked him to just forget their night together, he seems to just want to tease her. SW will then slowly occupied HK mind soon or later and the love will progress slowly.. although yes they have to overcome the age difference, job status, meddlesome ex etc between them but I think around half or whole episode (around ep 8 - 10) the love story will be a little bit clearer? That's based on my drama watching experience with romance plot on the heavy part hahaha.. it might be different but we'll see..

Nope, you were wrong @LaLa. This romance is at warp speed!

I actually appreciated SW's honesty in telling HK that he likes her, and that while he doesn't flirt, he wants to date. He didn't ask her out after they slept together because he thought it was only him liking her, but if they like each other they should date and if she doesn't like him then they won't date. From the preview, it seems as if they start dating after all. I won't be starting any ships, but I'm seeing SW's charm in all this. Something about his earnestness and passion perhaps? Though he's also demonstrating his youth in his facility with online transactions which HK hasn't really done before.

It's interesting to see HK dealing with her position as well, and the older forecaster telling her to basically do her job and give orders to her subordinates clearly so that they know what is expected of them. It's a small but critical lesson in supervising people who are older or were once senior to her.

Btw, I feel a lot of sympathy for that senior forecaster who is learning to live with his family again after living away from them for so long.

And, finally, I didn't expect the newlywed marriage to start breaking down that fast, though it also doesn't surprise me. Once they got over the initial attraction and having sex all the time, they were going to start seeing flaws in the other, especially since it seems that they kept things from the other when they wed, e.g. for her, that she had lived with another guy before, and for him, that he was financially better off than he really was.

Can't wait to watch episode 4. Since the romance is developing so fast, I hope that there is enough story around them to keep the drama interesting. I just hope that they don't do a stupid break-up, then spend the rest of the drama getting back together. That trope always bores me a bit rather than producing any sympathy from me. However, so far, so good, I'm enjoying it anyway.

• Like 3
  • Clapping Hands 1