Forecasting Love & Weather 기상청 사람들: 사내연애 잔혹사 편 [2022]

2 hours ago, stroppyse said:

Nope, you were wrong @LaLa. This romance is at warp speed!

Eh really? And in ep 4 they will become a couple already?

Hmm won't it be an end game to @SilverMoonTeabecause the ship already sailed? :laugh:

2 hours ago, stroppyse said:

I just hope that they don't do a stupid break-up, then spend the rest of the drama getting back together. That trope always bores me a bit rather than producing any sympathy from me.

Agreed with this. Sometimes it felt a little bit boring to watch that kind of plot. They better give some good reason about it rather than just a stupid or foolish reason about the break up and getting together again.

I couldn't say much because I haven't watched the episode yet, but we'll see..  

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

Currently Watching List:

K-drama: The Real Has Come, See You in My 19th Life 

K-variety: 

1 hour ago, LaLa said:

Eh really? And in ep 4 they will become a couple already?

Hmm won't it be an end game to @SilverMoonTeabecause the ship already sailed?

I could have misinterpreted the preview! Anyway, even if they're dating, it's implied that they're keeping it a secret from their colleagues. Especially after openly dating and being engaged to the jerk, I can imagine HK would be super cautious, especially if she's going against her vow to not date at work.

Anyway, @SilverMoonTea, you better not strand me to watch this alone! I'm just warming up to SK, and I seem to be in the minority in liking the SK-PMY pairing.

1 hour ago, LaLa said:

They better give some good reason about it rather than just a stupid or foolish reason about the break up and getting together again.

Or better yet, not break up at all! Just get through their various obstacles without being weird or stupid.

On 2/18/2022 at 7:33 AM, LaLa said:

I think they already reunited before this drama? They play a mother daughter role in her private life.. or am I wrong?

You're not wrong. It's just that I love 'Healer' so much, that I'm excited whenever there is reunion of any of the main actors in that drama!

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

Episode 3

Another enjoyable episode ^ ^

Although I do wish this episode had more focus on the weather, i.e., at least let me know whether Si Woo's gut feeling is correct again or he's wrong because I feel he can't be always right all the time and it's a lesson he needs to learn.

The antagonism and tension between Ha Kyung and Ki Joon was definitely worth the :pandapopcorn:, @SilverMoonTea and I love that he didn't continue on fighting for the apartment and told Yoo Jin to back-off. Can't say I wasn't delighted to see they are already experiencing friction of co-habitation. Hehehe.

@abs-oluteM @Tofu

I'm so happy to report that Si Woo is a good character after having to watch him in the drama-shall-never-be-named. LOL. He's a total opposite of his previous character :laugh::Party01::lmao2:

Though I find it super quick that Ha Kyung is being mesmerised by Si Woo :lmao2: but then again it's not entirely impossible since she was in a 10 years relationship with Ki Joon and all those heart-fluttering/passionate feelings were definitely loooong gone. I don't think she would agree to date Si Woo because I think she still needs time to recover and focus on her new job, and be a good manager in leading the team.

@stroppyse Yeah, I feel sorry for Eom Dong Han too, for walking on thin ice at home with his family. I would like to see how he could slowly mend this crack or distance he had with his family.

@SilverMoonTea my heart did skip a beat for the ending scene. What is with this drama, kept making me worry this way? LOL. @stroppyse You won't be alone. I'm still watching and enjoying it and @Tofu, weekend is here so please share with us how you feel about this drama. :D @LaLa Hopefully you stay on. The drama might not going to be the best or end up being memorable but I like that it's not too gloomy, heavy and rather easy to watch and light/fun.

• Like 3
  • Haha 4
47 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

SilverMoonTea and I love that he didn't continue on fighting for the apartment and told Yoo Jin to back-off.

Well, given how she reeled off his (lack of) contributions versus her contributions towards the apartment, he didn't really have much grounds to claim half of the apartment. It's not as if they actually got married either which might have forced a division of assets. I think he was irritated with YJ already because of her messiness, and her pointed questions about the apartment just upset him more. I think he might have kept on insisting on his "share" if it wasn't for the public dressing down that HK administered to him.

50 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

Though I find it super quick that Ha Kyung is being mesmerised by Si Woo :lmao2: but then again it's not entirely impossible since she was in a 10 years relationship with Ki Joon and all those heart-fluttering/passionate feelings were definitely loooong gone. I don't think she would agree to date Si Woo because I think she still needs time to recover and focus on her new job, and be a good manager in leading the team.

True that HK was probably not feeling those fluttering/passionate feelings for KJ, though I think she would have been happy being married to KJ, if he hadn't betrayed her. However, SW is definitely a much more considerate person than KJ is, and SW has been caring towards HK, so I can see why she would be intrigued by that. Also, SW is younger and very cute, plus he's upfront about his attraction to HK. Since HK apparently chased after KJ when they first met, she's also probably liking the feeling of having a man unabashedly liking her and wanting to be with her.

HK probably shouldn't date SW, but I can see how she would be very tempted to do so.

58 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

You won't be alone. I'm still watching and enjoying it and

Yay!

58 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

I like that it's not too gloomy, heavy and rather easy to watch and light/fun.

I'm totally with you on this one. I don't know that I want something heavy and emotional to watch. The world is on the brink of a war on the European front, there is still a pandemic going on, plus lots of people who seemingly would rather be dead than wrong. I find everything stressful right now, and I appreciate that this drama is relatively light and fun, but seems to be tightly written.

@Tofu, what do you think? As promised, I'm trying to catch up on 2521, but that drama feels as if it's trying for more pity and tears, so I'm not really feeling it.

• Like 6
  • Haha 1
2 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

Pre-release scene for Episode 4

LOL. One of their co-workers saw the woman that SW had been sitting with sneaking away, and were quizzing him about whether he is dating someone new. They asked whether SW had met her at a blind date or a club, and SW blurts out that it wasn't anything like that, that they had just met normally, at work. His colleagues were about to quiz him further, when HK jumps up to demand a LOT of work from SW, causing his colleagues to wonder if SW had gotten on HK's bad side somehow.

Apparently, SW does not have a poker face and can't hide anything, so this secret romance may not stay secret for too long. I mean, I know that it will have to come out into the open at some point, but it may be even faster than I expected. We'll just have to see.

• Like 7
On 2/20/2022 at 4:09 PM, stroppyse said:

Well, given how she reeled off his (lack of) contributions versus her contributions towards the apartment, he didn't really have much grounds to claim half of the apartment. It's not as if they actually got married either which might have forced a division of assets. I think he was irritated with YJ already because of her messiness, and her pointed questions about the apartment just upset him more. I think he might have kept on insisting on his "share" if it wasn't for the public dressing down that HK administered to him.

Agree he doesn't have any grounds especially after the public confrontation. However thinking how sleazy he was he could still lie to Yoo Jin, like how he often lies to Ha Kyung. In this instance, he didn't at all and relented so that kind of made me feel glad... somehow... and maybe also because she is always at the weather station so more or less she might hear from the others too. In this episode, I'm more annoyed at Yoo Jin having no shame or remorse that she broke up a couple that was about to be married. Regardless of what lies he told her, she should know being a 3rd wheel is still morally wrong.

True that HK was probably not feeling those fluttering/passionate feelings for KJ, though I think she would have been happy being married to KJ, if he hadn't betrayed her. However, SW is definitely a much more considerate person than KJ is, and SW has been caring towards HK, so I can see why she would be intrigued by that. Also, SW is younger and very cute, plus he's upfront about his attraction to HK. Since HK apparently chased after KJ when they first met, she's also probably liking the feeling of having a man unabashedly liking her and wanting to be with her.

HK probably shouldn't date SW, but I can see how she would be very tempted to do so.

Really? I must have missed the part about Ha Kyung chasing after Ki Joon. If that's the case, her relationship and Si Woo is the complete opposite to her and Ki Joon then. I remember she was the one who announces Ki Joon was her man when she's drunk. At that time she must be dying to tell the world and Ki Joon didn't want to (I assume) whereas this time it is her who would want to keep it a secret after what she had been through and Si Woo is the one that can't do poker face xD

She definitely has all / a lot of reasons NOT to date Si Woo. However, the heart can't always be controlled so that's where the fun lies. :MewGiggle:

I'm totally with you on this one. I don't know that I want something heavy and emotional to watch. The world is on the brink of a war on the European front, there is still a pandemic going on, plus lots of people who seemingly would rather be dead than wrong. I find everything stressful right now, and I appreciate that this drama is relatively light and fun, but seems to be tightly written.

Ugh gosh. Indeed very depressing. I'm already super stress from work and if I spent too much time on current affairs, I really will have severe depression. Watching kdramas is my getaway and this is just right.

@Tofu, what do you think? As promised, I'm trying to catch up on 2521, but that drama feels as if it's trying for more pity and tears, so I'm not really feeling it.

2521 episode 3 is much better for me. I hope you would be able to get to this episode... :thinking:

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Like 7
4 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

@abs-oluteM @Tofu

I'm so happy to report that Si Woo is a good character after having to watch him in the drama-shall-never-be-named. LOL. He's a total opposite of his previous character :laugh::Party01::lmao2:

Same here ...but you know I feel it is not a bad thing that SK took up that drama. I think part of the growth process of every actor is to take on some shady & not so likeable characters. The fact that we dislike him that much meant that he did a good job. :laugh:I do like Si Woo here and I like what he told her that he's looking to date properly but only if the feelings are mutual.  I suppose given she's he's superior and all the emotional distress she's getting from her ex, I can see why she'd take some time to process her feelings. But from the preview, it looks like it won't be long for things to take off. 

This eps was nice too. One of my favorite things is actually watching all the office politics. There's that tense 3 way dynamics between Ha Kyung, Si Woo and the Senior Forecaster Lee. It is interesting that even with data & figures that forecasting isn't exact science leading to differing opinions , and I get that when in doubt a more prudent decision based on numbers will have to be made. Also I like that HK is learning quickly about people management - which is not easy and can be intimidating when you now have authority over your more senior colleagues. Watching this show has given me a new found appreciation of this field. It is so much more than just making announcements since people's lives and livelihoods are rather dependent on them. 

Of course , the continuous friction between HaKyung and KiJun provides much entertainment not only for us but their office mates. These two are now openly going at each other's throats and so far I love that HK gives the best come backs to Ki Jun's low blows. I believe that KJ and Chae Yoo Jin's marriage will be headed for the stormy seas soon...and I will only say that they deserve it. 

• Like 6

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

I like how they show HK deals with her job. And the scene of her got a critic from forcaster Um is my fave of this episode. And I love how she told SW to stop relying only with his hunch and provide scientific evidence for all his next reports. Sometimes it feels when the female lead described as someone with high inteligence they never really show how is that convincing. And sometimes it feels like they alter the early description of the character and turned her into some weak and dull character as the episode goes later. 

I like the fast-speed romance here, somehow both leads make it works so far. And I like if the guy chases the girl and like her more. 

I think I hate that cheater reporter more than KJ now. 

Edited by Alice Wonderland
  • Like 6
  • Clapping Hands 1

I actually have more girl crush to PMY here than for SK 😅, and it's weird because she's not my favourite actress actually 😂 I was not too impressed with Secretary Kim. But I like her style and the character here. It's also so funny our perfect director coming to work in a pure mess 😹 

It seems the other party marriage going to breakdown soon. He seems already quite pissed off need to take care of the house. This was super fast, as fast as their speed lightning wedding.  

End of ep 3 oh wow that was so fast, now I know why everyone so worry for me 😆 I also worry now for myself now 🤣

True @stroppyse@mademoiselle, this one for sure is so much easier to watch than 25 21, the family debt make that one rather kind of gloomy. But since I'm quite dramaless probably will give it more episodes to decide. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

ezgif-com-gif-maker-47.gif

9 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

Really? I must have missed the part about Ha Kyung chasing after Ki Joon. If that's the case, her relationship and Si Woo is the complete opposite to her and Ki Joon then. I remember she was the one who announces Ki Joon was her man when she's drunk. At that time she must be dying to tell the world and Ki Joon didn't want to (I assume) whereas this time it is her who would want to keep it a secret after what she had been through and Si Woo is the one that can't do poker face xD

HK told SW that she and KJ had met when they were both at college, and that she had chased after him. As you pointed out, HK was the one who was eager to announce their relationship. So, this relationship with SW is the opposite of her relationship with KJ.

HK's mother wasn't entirely happy with having KJ as a son-in-law, so perhaps she saw the weakness in him that her daughter ultimately found out about. It would be nice if HK's mother would like SW, at least after she sees how respectful and caring SW is towards HK.

6 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

Same here ...but you know I feel it is not a bad thing that SK took up that drama. I think part of the growth process of every actor is to take on some shady & not so likeable characters. The fact that we dislike him that much meant that he did a good job.

I don't disagree that an actor has to take on a range of roles, including some villains. My objection to 'Nevertheless' is that it was boring, and I lost patience with all the characters, including the female lead. I couldn't really stir up any sympathy for them or their haphazard thoughts and actions. You could blame it on their youth or at least that the drama is a reflection of youthful people, I suppose, but I also don't feel the need to stare at traffic accidents either.

It didn't make me not want to watch SK any more, though, unlike some other actors who made poor project choices which have tainted them for me.

6 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

Of course , the continuous friction between HaKyung and KiJun provides much entertainment not only for us but their office mates. These two are now openly going at each other's throats and so far I love that HK gives the best come backs to Ki Jun's low blows. I believe that KJ and Chae Yoo Jin's marriage will be headed for the stormy seas soon...and I will only say that they deserve it. 

That is entertaining, especially how KJ keeps wanting to make it seem personal, but HK responds with professionalism. Also, even though HK is still hurting over the broken engagement, she's clearly getting over KJ, while KJ may take longer to get over things.

I'm okay with watching their marriage implode, except then they would be free to hurt other innocent people. It makes me think that it would be best if they were just stuck with each other for the rest of their lives.

5 hours ago, Alice Wonderland said:

I think I hate that cheater reporter more than KJ now. 

It takes 2 people to cheat, and in this case, both YJ and KJ were in the wrong. Yes, YJ shouldn't have cheated on SW and broken up KJ's relationship with HK. However, KJ knew he was doing wrong in cheating on HK, but did it anyway. KJ is also the one who unilaterally cancelled their wedding preparations BEFORE he even talked to HK about it. Also, KJ was the one who was engaged, and still went ahead with his cheating.

In terms of cheating, both YJ and KJ really suck.

• Like 5
  • Clapping Hands 2

Episode 4 was a bit of a fakeout, but somehow I didn't mind. Spoilers in the spoiler.

Spoiler

At the beginning of the episode, it seemed as if HK rejected SW. And, then all during the episode, it showed HK deliberately putting a distance between herself and SW, enough so that the other members of the team were pitying SW for having gotten on the wrong side of HK.

It wasn't until the end that it showed that after the initial rejection by HK, she couldn't bring herself to walk away, and ran back to SW for more hot kisses. Then she set the ground rules for their relationship, that if they are ever found out, that they would then break up.

The relationship progressions are fast, but somehow I don't mind. Also, it was good for SW to hear some of his colleagues thoughts on the difficulties of a work romance, and that even when things go "well", it's not all that it's cracked up to be.

I did feel a touch of pity for KJ this episode as he overhears his colleagues talking about how HK had really been too good for him and that she was better off without him since he wasn't all that capable anyway, then he finds out that YJ had had a relationship with SW and then had lied about it to him. Still, it's a very small violin that is playing for KJ since he brought it upon himself with his lying and cheating.

More ridiculous is YJ who got so upset that her ex-bf is interested in another woman, and so she's crying about it. The scene with her crying is set up as if she's calling SW, but I'm not sure that's true since this drama does like to misdirect. I mean, YJ can't be so thick that she would go crying to her ex-bf whom she cheated on and then married another man about how he could be interested in someone else, right? Plus, it turns out that YJ just isn't that good of a reporter anyway, and is covering a beat that she knows next to nothing about and isn't bothering to learn. Amazing that she could have been dating SW for so long and yet learned so little about meteorology.

I was happy that there was more meteorology in episode 4. It was interesting to hear SW and HK argue about the extent of the fog report that they should put out, with DH actually being the voice of reason in terms of what they had to do. Not to mention that in the interview and dressing down of YJ, HK shows off her knowledge of her profession, both in terms of the phenomena and the practicalities.

Also, in the scene that HK works on her report about fog advisories, it was nice having a scene about HK actually working and being focused rather than it being just a romantic scene. This drama seems to want to actually show us that HK is capable rather than everyone just saying that she's capable. I hope it keeps it up.

Also, I'm glad that the drama is not confusing meteorologists with weather people on the news. It's the meteorological services who gather the data and crunch it to produce probabilistic assessments which then the weather people at the newspapers and tv stations convey to the public. At least in the US, the weather persons tend to just be attractive people who can stand in front of a weather map and point out temperatures and storms rather than actual scientists.

• Like 5
  • Insightful 1

@stroppyse @SilverMoonTea Does that mean if I watch this whole series, you'll both watch all of Twenty Five Twenty One too? :thinking::laugh:

20 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

I'm so happy to report that Si Woo is a good character after having to watch him in the drama-shall-never-be-named. LOL. He's a total opposite of his previous character.

That character will forever haunt us. :lmao2:

I watched up to episode two and it's not bad but I'm not entirely invested yet. I loved the confrontation with Yoon Park's character. He deserved it for all the things he did. I understand he was upset that she didn't put much time into their relationship, but he should have communicated that with her. This drama is moving at lightning speed though, even the ex got together and married within what...two months? :psweatduck: I do plan on watching episode 3/4 and will decide afterwards. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

Wow, it's so fast and they're already dating secretly now. I am quite pleased to see how SW accepts HK's condition of their new relationship and said it's thrilling. They both are compatible I think and both have same passion on weather. He is straightfoward and respect her decisions and that makes her drawn to him. 

HK's mom signs up HK to that dating agency is just hillarious. I don't find her annoying and I understand a bit that she's just trying to help her daughter. I wonder what if the one that suggested as her son-in law later turned to be LSW. I wonder whose call that he took last, was it still from YJ or his mom that also sets him up with the matchmaking. 😄

7 hours ago, stroppyse said:

In terms of cheating, both YJ and KJ really suck.

I agree on this totally, what I meant was I hate YJ even more than him now cuz she seems to be pretty more shameless acting that she's doing the right thing as a reporter. She also lies a lot of things to peopld around her to make her look good and respectable.

I am so glad that both ended up together. They removed themselves from SW and HK's life. But well even that's just temporary. I have a feeling those two are like that unpredictable heavy weather which likely to come in anytime. They're also starting to regret their decisions and soon they'll create some more turmoil for the otp.

• Like 6
5 hours ago, Tofu said:

Does that mean if I watch this whole series, you'll both watch all of Twenty Five Twenty One too?

Um, yes? Guess I have to wait until you've watched ep 3/4 and decide before I answer. Now, I'm not sure whether to hope that this drama sucks you in or not. :lmao2:

1 hour ago, Alice Wonderland said:

HK's mom signs up HK to that dating agency is just hillarious. I don't find her annoying and I understand a bit that she's just trying to help her daughter. I wonder what if the one that suggested as her son-in law later turned to be LSW. I wonder whose call that he took last, was it still from YJ or his mom that also sets him up with the matchmaking.

Ooh, that would be hilarious, though not sure if a matchmaking agency would match someone as young as SW with an older woman like HK? Still, I hope you're right, because that would be funny.

I'm sympathetic to the Mom since she and the sister are under the misunderstanding that HK is still stuck over KJ. However, I can understand HK not wanting to talk about having a new relationship already.

• Like 2
  • Haha 4
6 hours ago, Tofu said:

@stroppyse @SilverMoonTea Does that mean if I watch this whole series, you'll both watch all of Twenty Five Twenty One too? :thinking::laugh:

My deal is with @LaLa🤣 so you pair up with @stroppyse😂. I have hard time keeping to meet my end of bargain already 😆

But hey as of the romance progress 25 21 seems more of my type cos it seems to be slowburn :lol:

• Haha 7

gasp the relationship development is fast I didn't foresee it but actually, quite refreshing. Nice twist with associating it with weather events, tho wondering what will be offered in next next

is the journey will be exactly office romance cruelty? Diggin down the cruelty and overcome it?

The directing, scenes writing & editing quite choppy for some scenes transition feels not pleasant to watch.. 

Loving the parts of these weather forecasting is interesting & of course the dynamic of these office romance tangled~

and I can see SK feels like shooting an calming ad with this kind of atmosphere AHAHAHA

this is so relatable w/ what I'm feeling watching two weekend dramas between FLAW & 2521 xD

8 hours ago, Tofu said:

That character will forever haunt us.

I'm sorry SK but that character is haunting so bad I have that feel of when SW sleep with HK (I know they are already adult but) can't help to think about JAE EON @mademoiselle 🦋🦋 BHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

G O O D  V I B E S  

♪ click me below for my cw, edits, about 

d r a m a s a f f a i r . c a r r d . c o 

Oh trust me @bai, the moment they were kissing from the door to the bed, I was :shocked2: - one because it reminded me of Jae Eon... two I thought now Tea is so going to abandon this drama! :lmao2:

11 hours ago, Tofu said:

@stroppyse @SilverMoonTea Does that mean if I watch this whole series, you'll both watch all of Twenty Five Twenty One too?

Hey hey, don't forget me even if @stroppyse or @SilverMoonTea drop 2521. You still have to watch this whole series because I'm more likely to complete 2521 fully. But you guys sure the deal is fairly made with @Tofu, the FF expert?

OK, imma off to watch the latest episode!

BTS

• Haha 6

I'm done watching this weekend's episodes, both Forecasting and 2521. Have to say, eps 3&4 were a little boring for me. I love meteorology and all that discussion on severe weather's interesting, especially the cultural aspect of it. The general character development however seems very meh, and that's ultimately got to be what carries any story. The meteorological station is merely context for the characters to meet, and I'm not so sure the characters' general trajectory is moving logically enough for me.

I think the writer and editors of the show are trying to create ambiguity in the way the SW and HK's relationship is developing, but the cuts seem sloppy. For someone who doesn't want to be in another workplace relationship given the massive failure of her one and only long lasting one of 10 years, HK seems to be quite readily shoving aside her beliefs a bit too soon. Did the 10 years really amount to nothing? I'm not so convinced she has "feelings" for a young lad she's only met for less than 2 weeks. The one night stand could have happened based on physical attraction and perhaps a desire for comfort, but to suddenly say they're dating (albeit secretly) doesn't seem convincing enough. Likewise for SW to say he has feelings for her - based on what? A "common" experience?

As regards the cheating couple - I do wonder why the rush to get married though. Did he simply replace HK with YJ for the same wedding date? How does that not make him the biggest jerk in the entire office building? It's not surprising YJ and KJ's relationship is already facing problems - it wasn't founded on anything significant to begin with. Then again, I see how HK and SW are developing, and it doesn't seem built on anything remotely stable either.

And why is it the news team is housed in the met station too? Yet they're not on the same team? 

• Like 5
  • Clapping Hands 2

Wahhh Song Kang has been kissing a lot these days! :GrimChamp:

Romance moved faster than I expected but I believe they've known each other for awhile now isn't it ? Think there was some time jump after the break off. Actually I was surprised also that KJ married as quickly as he did but this also indicates that he's been cheating on HK for a while , so once he was set free there was nothing to hold him back. But any relationship that is based on dishonesty will break anyhow. It is always thrilling when it is forbidden but clearly KJ now is reaping what he sowed! 

Hmm I am glad that HK put her foot down with her mother's meddling and moved out. What surprises me is that the mother is so keen to match make HK but why isn't she bothered about doing the same for the older sister ? She's not married too. Ooo does mum think HK is the more marriageable of the two?

So far Si Woo has been such a sweet person and close to perfect but we really do need to know more about him beyond his love for his work isn't it? Is that call at the end with SiWoo's worried expression something we should be concern with? Does he have some deep dark secret? :poliWeird:

• Like 5

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

I was so sleepy today, but trying to catch up ep 4. I have to say Yoon Park's character is quite amusing. His domestic conflict with the reporter also more fun to watch then the OTP ? Lols... 

I have to say dating the coworker seems to be a great distraction, this is what I learnt from this drama 😅 Actually SW also quite stubborn, eventhough he's most likely correct about the forecast, I think he might make other employee feel uncomfortable with the way he kept arguing. 

It's also a bit sad that when KJ reminiscing HK helped him writing previous May theme, as he stuck with current June theme. And now his new wife also causing a lot of problem to his job as well. I guess he reap what he sow. I guess the best part of this drama is whenever HK scold KJ ? So passionate haha... And it's clearly HK also still hold some sympathy for him, as he asked if he really didn't know what his wife write.

@mademoiselle@stroppyseI'm happy to report that I'm still on board, as I want to see more couple quarel 🤣😆 Not so much on the sweet OTP LOLS.... 

• Haha 5

11 hours ago, gilaswan said:

And why is it the news team is housed in the met station too? Yet they're not on the same team? 

I'm not entirely sure what you mean. I think that they just happen to be in the same building?

KJ is on communications team and HK is in forecasting, both with the meteorological service, however, YJ works for a separate new service, albeit not a very good one. The meteorological service may not have the building all to themselves, but probably share with other companies.

As regards the cheating couple - I do wonder why the rush to get married though. Did he simply replace HK with YJ for the same wedding date?

That's actually what I thought as well. That KJ and YJ may have been cheating for awhile, and since the prep had already been done for a wedding, that KJ decided to go ahead but with a bride swap. KJ is a total jerk in this drama, it's just that he also happens to be a jerk who is very entertaining to watch.

For someone who doesn't want to be in another workplace relationship given the massive failure of her one and only long lasting one of 10 years, HK seems to be quite readily shoving aside her beliefs a bit too soon. Did the 10 years really amount to nothing?

I suppose that I saw this as being that the relationship had not been all that fantastic in the first place, and was now in a stagnant area where they were going to get married because that was the next logical step rather than because they still wanted to share their lives. The sad part of it is that I still think that HK would have been fine being married to KJ if he had not betrayed her, however, KJ was clearly unsatisfied, so the betrayal may have happened after they were married if it had not happened before. So, that is the one bit of credit that I will give KJ, that he did not just go along with the wedding anyway when he was not feeling it. I despise the way he did it, however, it would have been so much worse to get married and then to cheat on HK.

So, HK goes from the stable and probably staid relationship that she had with KJ to the rather unsettling passionate affair that she is having with SW. Given that she not only is not married to KJ but had her feelings massively hurt by it, I can understand the rebound relationship with a man who looks at her with hot, longing eyes. Whether that is enough for them to go any distance is another story.

However, I appreciate that HK is not sitting in a corner crying or whining about it. I'm tired of heroines and second leads who can't let go of their one love, especially if that one love has expressed a clear preference to be with someone else.

4 hours ago, SilverMoonTea said:

I have to say dating the coworker seems to be a great distraction, this is what I learnt from this drama 😅

Yes, workplace dramas are very tricky!

Actually SW also quite stubborn, eventhough he's most likely correct about the forecast, I think he might make other employee feel uncomfortable with the way he kept arguing. 

True, but he argues from his convictions. Still, he does have some maturing to do as well in terms of working with colleagues rather than arguing with them. At least HK seems to be making progress in terms of learning how to manage a team.

I'm happy to report that I'm still on board, as I want to see more couple quarel 🤣😆 Not so much on the sweet OTP LOLS.... 

LOL. Which quarreling? The married couple KJ and YJ who did not do proper due diligence before they tied the knot? Or the ex-couple KJ and HK who are having to figure out how to work together despite their personal issues? LOL Either way, I guess it's KJ who is on the hook for all the arguing.

Anyway, glad that you're still watching.

:lmao2:

I'm happy to watch the quarreling as well as the progress of the OTP romance as well as DH figuring out how to reconnect to his family.

Actually, I still feel badly for DH. I understand his wife's complaints that DH was always off chasing weather rather than being a part of the family. However, I also think it's significant that he always provided for his family. There are any number of men who had to go overseas to work in hard labor, e.g. construction, farming, etc, to support their families, so I think that his family could have been a bit more welcoming to him now that he is living at home. It's not as if he was living it up away from them. I don't know whether he could have refused assignments in order to try to be there more for his family, but I don't think he deserves to be frozen out by them the way he has been thus far.

• Like 4
  • Insightful 1
12 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

Hey hey, don't forget me even if @stroppyse or @SilverMoonTea drop 2521. You still have to watch this whole series because I'm more likely to complete 2521 fully. But you guys sure the deal is fairly made with @Tofu, the FF expert?

Okay. You keep up the good work on strong-arming @Tofu. I've already given up on 2521. Too many indicators that it's going to have a sad ending, including the whole nostalgic feel as well as the reflective pacing. The acting of that drama is great, though, with Kim Taeri doing a great job as DH and Nam Joo Hyuk having improved a lot in his acting ability.

I'll just happily watch this drama and then wait for the new dramas that will start soon.

• Haha 5