Forecasting Love & Weather 기상청 사람들: 사내연애 잔혹사 편 [2022]

21 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

Hey hey, don't forget me even if @stroppyse or @SilverMoonTea drop 2521. You still have to watch this whole series because I'm more likely to complete 2521 fully. But you guys sure the deal is fairly made with @Tofu, the FF expert?

Hahaha! I told @stroppyse that for now I'll continue to watch because I want to see HK tell Yoon Park's character off again. There's something so satisfying about watching her tell him to check himself because he's not as great as he think he is. :lmao2:

I do have to say, it's a little strange watching dramas with more than just us, @mademoiselle. For a while there, we were the only two watching the same dramas (plus some who joined us every so often). :laugh:

• Haha 5

Does no one NOT bother by how many times Ha Kyung calls Si Woo about work outside of working hours? I would be mad and not answer the phone although at the time I didn't know it was because they were already dating. Even if they are, that's still inappropriate. I learnt recently in France it is actually illegal to call employee about work outside of work hours. I so wish we have a law like this here. xDDD

15 hours ago, SilverMoonTea said:

@mademoiselle@stroppyseI'm happy to report that I'm still on board, as I want to see more couple quarel 🤣😆 Not so much on the sweet OTP LOLS.... 

2 hours ago, Tofu said:

Hahaha! I told @stroppyse that for now I'll continue to watch because I want to see HK tell Yoon Park's character off again. There's something so satisfying about watching her tell him to check himself because he's not as great as he think he is.

LOL. I can't deny watching the cheaters having trouble in their relationship does not entertain me and give me satisfaction. It's like a confirmation of my belief of "what comes around goes around". And yes, it is satisfying to see Ha Kyung exercise her authority over Ki Joon and him returning to his desk with his tail in between his legs... :P

I'm honestly is thankful there is a 2 months time jump after the cheating came to surface because I much prefer watching fun, positive things and I sure am not interested to see two good people being upset and cry about/for two unworthy characters in their life.

2 hours ago, Tofu said:

I do have to say, it's a little strange watching dramas with more than just us, @mademoiselle. For a while there, we were the only two watching the same dramas (plus some who joined us every so often).

Muahahahahaha. True. We were abandoned by others for Bulgasal and Ghost Doctor. My friend watched Bulgalsal to like episode 6 or 7 (like a snail) and then once she knew episode 16 is out she jumped straight to that and tells me, "I've completed the drama!". I was like 😑. And she said she cried in episode 16. I am amazed because how is it possible she could get into the storyline and still feel for the characters... hahaha!

• Like 1
  • Haha 5
21 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

What surprises me is that the mother is so keen to match make HK but why isn't she bothered about doing the same for the older sister ? She's not married too.

The sister been married and recently divorced. Not sure whether you caught this part of the detail or not. So I think it’s a bit more difficult to marry her off. 

• Like 3
  • Insightful 2

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

1 hour ago, ktcjdrama said:

The sister been married and recently divorced. Not sure whether you caught this part of the detail or not. So I think it’s a bit more difficult to marry her off. 

Ahhh no wonder...I must have missed it. 

• Like 4

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

Finally caught up with episodes. I am not a weather/science person.  gosh I have never felt so dizzy making sense of the fast talking description of weather.  It’s amazing how much detail has gone into this drama.  Won’t be surprised if I start taking out a pencil and notepad on the next episode. 

other than that the plot is easy slightly predictable show.   The only thing am surprised so far was how fast they agreed to be together and hide.  Other than that just sitting back and enjoying the ride. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3
  • Clapping Hands 1

15 hours ago, Tofu said:

I do have to say, it's a little strange watching dramas with more than just us, @mademoiselle. For a while there, we were the only two watching the same dramas (plus some who joined us every so often). :laugh:

I was just thinking that it's been awhile since I wrote much about a kdrama, especially a mini-series. I feel as if I've been channeling @SilverMoonTea because I was dropping so many dramas! :lmao2:

Not sure if it was burnout or just not a lot of dramas that kept my interest, however, I do like this one, and there are a few coming up that I'm planning on checking out as well.

26 minutes ago, Mizv said:

Finally caught up with episodes. I am not a weather/science person.  gosh I have never felt so dizzy making sense of the fast talking description of weather.  It’s amazing how much detail has gone into this drama.  Won’t be surprised if I start taking out a pencil and notepad on the next episode. 

I like it that they actually took the trouble to get more of the details on the science of weather. Plus, climate change is such a dominating topic right now, even if this deals more with the micro-climes of the Korean peninsula.

27 minutes ago, Mizv said:

other than that the plot is easy slightly predictable show.   The only thing am surprised so far was how fast they agreed to be together and hide.  Other than that just sitting back and enjoying the ride. 

Yes, but now that they are together, it's a question of where they take the romance. I'm expecting the married couple to also start causing problems for the OTP.

13 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

Does no one NOT bother by how many times Ha Kyung calls Si Woo about work outside of working hours? I would be mad and not answer the phone although at the time I didn't know it was because they were already dating. Even if they are, that's still inappropriate. I learnt recently in France it is actually illegal to call employee about work outside of work hours. I so wish we have a law like this here. xDDD

The French have always been very progressive about the work-life balance, even if it does mean a higher cost to labor for them.

I suppose I'm used to being on call for various things unless I'm officially on vacation. What surprised me was that SW kept going back to sleep initially, if he was going to keep answering his phone anyway. I totally understood him showing up at HK's house to help her finish her report, even before they showed us that they were dating.

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

@mademoiselle Hahaha, we were! Bulgasal could have been better, but I enjoyed Ghost Doctor. It was a nice light drama with nothing that was overly complicated. Your friend cried in episode 16?! Well, considering that she watched the better episodes, skipped all the boring ones, and watched the ending....I guess I can see why someone may still feel an emotional connection to the characters. I think for those who watched the whole series it was more of a relief that it was over. :laugh:

@stroppyse Hahaha! You definitely have been channeling @SilverMoonTea's energy because I can't remember how many dramas you tried and dropped. Probably even more than Tea. :eeeee:

20 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

It's a bit common in Asian countries for something like this to happen, right? I would assume that with something like the weather, Si Woo is probably salary-based which means he's expected to answer the phone. I don't know what it's like to leave work at work because like @stroppyse, I'm always on-call for work too. 

Everyone's weather boy was in a GQ pictorial. :cool:

0000146868-004-20220223094201742.jpg

Spoiler

0000146868-003-20220223094201709.jpg
0000146868-002-20220223094201670.jpg
0000146868-001-20220223094201644.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

@stroppyse @Tofu Not all work condition is like that in the US, right? It must be the nature of your work that requires you both to be on calls? Generally, work/my boss doesn't call me outside of work hours and I tried to do the same for others too. But my manager and her manager do communicate outside work hours or other department manager contact their staff outside work hours. COVID ruined the boundary as well because now workplace can reach us via messaging app. When I get too overloaded from work, my fingers itched and checked work emails at home. I regret each time. In SE Asia, whatsapp is being used for work. In the private company, SE Asians have to work 5.5 days a week so when I go out with my friend, he gets texts from boss about work and I gave disapproving look to him LOL.

I know Japanese work loooong hours and when they get off work, they go relax and drink. I think South Korea is the same too. I don't know where they get those energy because after work I just want to stay at home and do absolutely nothing and watch my kdramas to de-stress/relax.

• Like 4

I can really related to these overstepped boundaries. Had a job that overstepped the boundaries of “me” time.  The job burned me out mentally.  Couldn’t even take a vacation without thinking about things getting screwed up upon my return. Pager was going off every 3 seconds….  I hated the pager so much I placed it on mute. Now it’s still have the habit today. I love being in control of answering my phone when I want not the other way around.   Glad I left that job…. It mentally drove me up the wall. 

• Like 2
  • Clapping Hands 3

On 2/22/2022 at 1:48 PM, mademoiselle said:

My friend watched Bulgalsal to like episode 6 or 7 (like a snail) and then once she knew episode 16 is out she jumped straight to that and tells me, "I've completed the drama!". I was like 😑.

@SilverMoonTea learn this new way of watching dramas!! So no more drama-dropping queen, because we have "completed" the drama... :smug:

• Haha 3

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

On 2/21/2022 at 9:26 AM, SilverMoonTea said:

My deal is with @LaLa🤣 so you pair up with @stroppyse😂. I have hard time keeping to meet my end of bargain already 😆

But hey as of the romance progress 25 21 seems more of my type cos it seems to be slowburn :lol:

Reporting to say that I've kept my promise and fulfilled the quota for ep 3 and 4 hahaha..

I hope when you read this, at least you have watched and gave it 25 21 a try until ep 4. And with this post I'm releasing you from our deal @SilverMoonTea It's up to you to watch the rest or not. :)

In the term of romance, the drama has yet to pick up my interest. The butterflies or giddy feeling from me while I'm watching the romance progress between the main leads wasn't strong enough to keep me watching hmmm.. :thinking: Imo the writer is quite smart in combining weather terms and problems with how she wants to progress the romance between the pairs inside the drama. Rather than the main lead, I'm looking forward how KJ and YJ will handle the crisis because of their lies to each other. :pandapopcorn:

I will probably still watching this drama, just because I'm interested with the weather part. But this drama won't be a priority in my list.. Or if time doesn't allow then I might have to read some recaps somewhere to catch up rather than just watching the drama.

I think it's my first experience to see a drama that covers story about weather forecast. Although sometimes the jargon that they used while discussing about the weather made me confused and I have to rewind a little to understand what they are currently discussing hahaha :pandaheadstomp:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

Currently Watching List:

K-drama: The Real Has Come, See You in My 19th Life 

K-variety: 

Episode 3-4

Just when you think they might "break it off", it took a swift turn and speeds up even more. However, I think Si Woo must have rejected Ha Kyung's request of living together seeing how Ha Kyung goes into a room situated inside the weather forecast station where both Si Woo and Eom Sunbae were in there looking like they just woke up. Though it isn't the first time previews or pre-release episodes were misleading, especially this one.

This week we learnt more about both lead characters' backstory i.e. family. Poor Ha Kyung, how traumatising it must have been to see her own father's corpse hanging off the ceiling. The pain that scarred Ha Kyung never quite healed. And then there's Si Woo, who has a gambler as a father.

And LOL, the crack between Ki Joon and Yoo Jin sure happened really quick. It was revealed that they had the ceremony but haven't legally registered their marriage. Yoo Jin is having second doubt now and Ki Joon is just a loser, so much so that he had the gall to ask Ha Kyung to help him out for his job like she always helps him. The drama showed us Ki Joon was able to submit his work to the boss on time, signifying Ha Kyung must have helped him but I sincerely hope not. It's time the company knows he can't do his job if it hadn't been Ha Kyung. Funny enough Ki Joon knows this very well too.

And yes, for this week's episodes, the main OTP's relationship development is less interesting than the side characters. Yoon Park may be playing a terrible character in here but it's a fun-to-play/watch role than his previous drama (You Are My Spring). He's so full of himself thinking Ha Kyung can't get over him and it was satisfying to see him being kicked in the shin. Heh. Continue to suffer, cheater(s). :P

Forecasting_Love_and_Weather-Moon_Tae-Yoo1.jpg This guy, Shin Seok Ho, is funny as well. Turns out he lives in the same apartment as Ha Kyung and one floor above. Just when I thought, "Hey, he is single and might be a good pairing with Ha Kyung's sister, Tae Kyung" and voila they meet, although for now he doesn't have good impression of Tae Kyung.

I have a feeling he already knows about the secret romance but kept quiet about it based on him stealing a glance at Si Woo in the elevator in episode 4.

• Like 1
  • Clapping Hands 1
35 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

I have a feeling he already knows about the secret romance but kept quiet about it based on him stealing a glance at Si Woo in the elevator in episode 4.

He definitely does....and those two were just too obvious. LOL! The more they say the worse it was. Actually the best way to be as nonchalant as possible and there's really no need justify anything. 

I wonder though if he and HK's sis will have some love line....

I just completed eps 5. One of my favorite things is really the bickering between all the exes! I agree that I enjoy watching Yoon Park's loser character. Sometimes his bickering with Ha Kyung has even more sparks than their respective romances.  The way they argue it would seem neither have gotten over the other person. But then again they were together for 10years, perhaps there's still closure that is needed for both even though they have moved on to new relationships.

And I knew the ending was going to cause misunderstanding as per the preview. Si Woo seems saddled with a loser father, and that makes me feel bad for him. I suppose the father is the one that is still harassing his ex for $$. Also Senior Forecaster Uhm should really get some family counselling or trash it out with them. Running away / moving out doesn't solve the problem he has with wife & daughter. If anything is creates an even greater distance. 

• Like 2

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

Hello, I'm still here somehow :laugh:

Ep 5-6

* What I enjoyed the most from this drama is that quarreling married couple 😅

* Main OTP romance still (?) haven't sold me in 😂

* She kick him, but he still into his own delusion lols. 

* Her team all can predict rain from the smell of it 🤣

* Her team start to have some bonding and that's quite endearing 

* So the OTP started to taking care of their family respectively and god SW's father is a nasty piece of work. 

* Actually Forecaster Uhm become quite likeable, and it seems SW seriously think him as a competitor...  I actually liking all his scenes more now... 

• Haha 2

ezgif-com-gif-maker-47.gif

10 hours ago, SilverMoonTea said:

Hello, I'm still here somehow

Yes, I am surprised :GrimChamp:!

Am done with eps 6. I like how both SW and HK resolved things at the end. This drama surprises me at times because you would think that their past relationship scars and his father approaching HK would give good reasons for them to break up (at least for awhile) . But instead their father issues became a common ground for the two of them to understand each other and was pleasantly surprised that she asked him to come live with her. I loved what she told him to be honest should his feelings change.   In some ways in spite of their age gap, they are a good fit. HK is a strong personality and she is the alpha whether at work and even in the relationship. And SW is someone who would be able to respect her and allow her to lead. 

The ex's development is actually a sharp contrast to SW and HK. A relationship that was built on lies where both were cheating on their previous partners is never a good foundation for a marriage. I am not surprised that Yoo Jin is having 2nd thoughts on registering their marriage. Ki Jun was a delicious forbidden fruit before marriage - so it felt exciting but now it's a different story. I believe they will part ways by the end of the show.

• Like 2