Forecasting Love & Weather 기상청 사람들: 사내연애 잔혹사 편 [2022]

Episode 13

Turns out even Sunbae Oh knew the OTP was dating. The only oblivious one was Sunbae Um. Glad to see there may be a chance for him with his family.

Shin Seok Ho's loveline with Tae Kyung was hilarious. I mean, one moment he's all "I cannot see you anymore because I can't concentrate on work!" and then the next (after being kissed), this is all thrown out the window. LMAO. So now that they are together, he's able to concentrate better now? LOL LOL.

Sunbae Oh's husband made my blood boil. I hope he just return to work coz sometimes one just needed a break from work, not necessarily needed to completely change a career path. Not saying he shouldn't take a break from his studies but he's totally slacking off and being inconsiderate of Sunbae Oh's feelings, needs and wants. I'm rooting for her standing her ground, giving him an ultimatum! Geez.

As for Yu Jin, so all these dramas/cold feet was actually because she's pregnant...?! Their problems felt unresolved still... and she wanted a family because she felt left out since her mother remarries. Can't say I really understood this but it's not a good enough reason to steal someone's man and rush into marriage before getting to know him better. In this instance, she has just as much responsible of the failure of this relationship as Ki Joon. And rather than talking through it, since Ki Joon is now ready to talk, she's the one refusing to communicate!

And a-hahahahaha so it was a polaroid of them smooching! Even I'm embarrassed!

Spoiler

FO0n0B3acAEZlF4?format=jpg&name=medium

I just absolutely loved this shot below! :lmao2:

FO1FEhTXoAInneF?format=jpg&name=large

After the typhoon, Ha Kyung & Si Woo agree to break up. We don't really get to see what really happens after the break up as it seems like there's a time jump of the sort. I didn't know Sunbae Um is such a big mouth, literally announcing to the whole world that Si Woo is dating Ha Kyung at the lunchroom. Si Woo freaks out and runs to Ha Kyung's apartment to tell her about it. LOL at him just punching the numbers and enters without invitation. I assume after they went separate ways at the airport they haven't been staying together (but where is Si Woo staying?) and Ha Kyung confirmed it by asking if he was here to grab his stuff, and then Omma Kim Mi Kyung suddenly appear catching them red-handed. LOL LOL.

Episode 14 Pre-release scene preview

The slightly bald guy was being rude about Ha Kyung & Si Woo's dating and the others defended the team mentioning how this guy also had an office romance. Ha Kyung was going to tell the team they've broken up but Si Woo cut in and didn't let her announce it.

Hehehe.

• Clapping Hands 1

Park Min Young Gets Into A Heated Battle At Work On “Forecasting Love And Weather”

Forecasting-Love-and-Weather.jpg

Park Min Young will face some serious conflict at the office on the next episode of “Forecasting Love and Weather”!

“Forecasting Love and Weather” is a JTBC romance drama about the work and love lives of people who work at the Korea Meteorological Administration, Korea’s national weather forecast service. Park Min Young stars as the frosty Jin Ha Kyung, who does everything by the book and is fastidious about keeping her personal and professional lives separate, while Song Kang stars as the free-spirited and determined Lee Si Woo, who boasts an impressive IQ of 150 but only cares about the weather.

Spoilers

Previously on “Forecasting Love and Weather,” Jin Ha Kyung became the youngest leader of a General Forecasting Team in the history of the Korea Metereological Administration. Although she initially faced some difficulties adjusting to the role, she soon adapted to the position and proved that she was a leader worthy of the job.

Park-Min-Young.jpg

In the upcoming penultimate episode of the drama, Jin Ha Kyung’s leadership will be put to the test when the leader of General Forecasting Team 1 angrily confronts her at work. As everyone in the room watches nervously from the sidelines, the two leaders of General Forecasting Teams 1 and 2 face off in a heated dispute that has to do with Jin Ha Kyung’s stubborn resolve.

Song-Kang.jpg

Despite the intimidating way the older General Forecasting Team 1 leader challenges her, Jin Ha Kyung doesn’t back down as she boldly stands up to her more experienced colleague and says what needs to be said.

The producers of “Forecasting Love and Weather” teased, “In today’s episode, Ha Kyung will show her true face as leader. Please keep an eye on Ha Kyung, who has been evolving from ‘baby leader’ to ‘adult leader,’ and cheer her on as she makes her journey of growth.”

“Not only that, but in Episode 15, you will be able to see General Forecasting Team 2 come together as the perfect ensemble,” they continued. “Please continue to show love and interest in ‘Forecasting Love and Weather,’ which is approaching its finale, up until the very end.”

Forecasting-Love-and-Weather-2.jpg

The next episode of “Forecasting Love and Weather” will air on April 2 at 10:30 p.m. KST.

source

Park Min Young And Song Kang Share An Emotional Embrace In “Forecasting Love And Weather”

Song-Kang-Park-Min-Young-4.jpg

Will Park Min Young and Song Kang get back together in “Forecasting Love and Weather”?

The JTBC romance drama is about the work and love lives of people who work at the Korea Meteorological Administration, Korea’s national weather forecast service. Park Min Young stars as the frosty Jin Ha Kyung, who does everything by the book and is fastidious about keeping her personal and professional lives separate, while Song Kang stars as the free-spirited and determined Lee Si Woo, who boasts an impressive IQ of 150 but only cares about the weather.

Spoilers

Previously on “Forecasting Love and Weather,” Jin Ha Kyung and Lee Si Woo experienced turbulence in their relationship. They faced all kinds of trials and tribulations, and despite their breakup, they still had feelings for one another.

Newly released sills hint that the ex-couple may get back together. The photos capture Jin Ha Kyung and Lee Si Woo’s desperate embrace. He tells her something sincere before locking her in a hug as if he can’t control his overwhelming emotions.

Song-Kang-Park-Min-Young-3.jpgSong-Kang-Park-Min-Young-2.jpgSong-Kang-Park-Min-Young-1.jpg

This scene is from the preview for episode 15 where Lee Si Woo confessed, “I still like you so much.” With just two episodes until the end, viewers are eager to find out how their relationship will progress.

Episode 15 of “Forecasting Love and Weather” will air on April 2 at 10:30 p.m. KST.

source

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Like 1

Episode 15

I am... a bit unsure what to think of the scene where the other Team Manager berating Ha Kyung to be honest. As in, is the writer trying to depict reality for women at work and this is something they faced against the men's, or it's just adding the dramatic effects to make the show interesting? I'm trying to see this issue from various angles and I am not satisfied that the issue ended as it did. I also take issue that the Team Manager backed off because Sunbae Um came to the rescue. I'm annoyed that the issue started to resolve after Sunbae Um came to dispute against the jerk, just because Sunbae Um is even more senior than all of them, or at least same year as that Team Manager. From Ha Kyung's perspective as a female Team Manager, it makes her look incapable of defending herself or her team. She tried but it was ineffective and she was disrespected. Sure this time Team 2 proved Team 1 wrong but it just doesn't look like the root cause was completely resolved. All in all, it's more of a case of a male chauvinistic sunbae not liking his decision being challenged by a hoobae AND because she's a female. Surely there should be some disciplinary action or warning filed against this Team Manager as his behaviour was utterly unacceptable!

I'm also not liking I'm not shown what happened to Sunbae Um and his family. I can't really tell from the reactions as it is open to interpretation. Like, is it all forgiven by his daughter even if he didn't show up because he booked a fancy restaurant...? Or it's because Bomi is now older and more understanding of Sunbae Um's job? Is that mean the wife is going to be OK with it too because Bomi isn't fussed or disappointed as she used to...?

Also, what happened to Sunbae Oh and her husband?

Kim Mi Kyung is always the best (and funniest) Omma on-screen. I love her that after hearing Si Woo's story, she's now empathizing and feeling sorry for his upbringing. Awww.

I guess Yu Jin is going to lose that baby, huh? All their reasonings of not having the baby is valid, relatable and realistic. Funny how the drama started off making us hate them to slowly feeling and rooting for them too 😅

E16 Pre-release scene preview

Ok, they didn't lose the baby. It must be a scare for them and make them re-evaluate their decision.

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Like 1

Episode 15 definitely feels like the start of the wrap up. SW confesses to HK how much he still likes her. HK for her part brings SW and his father together since the father has cancer and all. HK's sister gets caught fooling around with HK's colleague by her mother.

I think it'll be a happy ending all the way around in the last episode, though it may leave HK and SW deciding to be together even if they are not going to get married.

1 hour ago, mademoiselle said:

I guess Yu Jin is going to loose that baby, huh? All their reasonings of not having the baby is valid, relatable and realistic. Funny how the drama started off making us hate them to slowly feeling and rooting for them too 😅

I had sympathy for their conflicted feelings over the baby, but I wouldn't say that I'm rooting for them. Honestly, I still don't really care about them. If they're going to be a family, it's good if they get their act together, but their "growth" didn't really feel that organic to me. Or perhaps it's just that I couldn't get over their basic character flaws of cheating on their partners in order to be together. I understand about changing one's mind about being with one person versus another person, and don't disagree that they were wrong to leave their partners. However, regardless of their reasons for wanting to be with each other rather than their respective partners of the time, it doesn't change that they are still the kind of people who carry on an affair while they are already in relationships.

Also, HK still has loads more chemistry with KJ than KJ has with YJ. It could also be that YJ is the weakest actor for me of the various leads, so I was never that vested in her character even when the drama was trying to make her a more sympathetic figure.

• Like 1

Park Min Young, Song Kang, And More Share Final Thoughts Ahead Of “Forecasting Love And Weather” Finale

Song-Kang-Park-Min-Young1.jpg

The main cast of JTBC’s “Forecasting Love and Weather” bid farewell to the drama ahead of its finale!

The JTBC romance drama is about the work and love lives of people who work at the Korea Meteorological Administration, Korea’s national weather forecast service. Park Min Young stars as the frosty Jin Ha Kyung, who does everything by the book and is fastidious about keeping her personal and professional lives separate, while Song Kang stars as the free-spirited and determined Lee Si Woo, who boasts an impressive IQ of 150 but only cares about the weather.

First, Park Min Young commented, “I decided to take on this role due to the unique subject matter and the professional yet loveable and careless nature of Jin Ha Kyung. However, I was surprised because it was more difficult than I had expected.” She continued, “It took a long time for me to believe in myself, and throughout that time I asked a lot of questions and went back and forth. However, I’m relieved and proud that it ended well.”

The actress added, “It feels like I’ve completed a difficult assignment. It was a valuable experience where I was able to learn more about the labor of the meteorologists who work hard every day to predict the weather, as well as that of the director, writer, and all of our staff. Thank you so much to everyone who sent their love to the drama.”

Next up, Song Kang shared, “I want to sincerely thank the viewers who enjoyed ‘Forecasting Love and Weather’ all this time. I spent many happy days since I was able to meet and act as Lee Si Woo. Just as I received a lot of happiness and bright energy through Lee Si Woo and ‘Forecasting Love and Weather,’ I hope the viewers receive that good energy right up to the end. I hope nothing but happy and bright days await in everyone’s future.”

Yoon Bak, who starred as Han Ki Joon, said, “From the very first day of filming to all the weekends where I watched ‘Forecasting Love and Weather’ as a viewer, everything passed by so quickly. I was so happy thanks to the love and support that everyone gave to the drama. I truly thank you for loving our drama as well as both hating and loving Han Ki Joon. I’ll greet everyone again through an even better project and yet another role.”

Yura-Yoon-Bak.jpg

Girl’s Day’s Yura starred as Chae Yoo Jin. She commented, “I was happy being able to feel various emotions through the role of Yoo Jin. I learned a lot while working together with the director, writer, and all the other actors. This time will be remembered as a precious memory.”

She continued, “Thank you to the viewers for laughing and crying together with ‘Forecasting Love and Weather.’ I’ll work hard to show you all a better side of myself.”

The final episode of “Forecasting Love and Weather” airs on April 3 at 10:30 p.m. KST.

source

• Like 1
2 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

Tae Kyung is Seok Ho's first love and first woman (he was a V)

I actually rather loved that, and their differing expectations from their dating.

Anyway, who knew that HK's mother would become my favorite character in the final episode. I loved what she said to SW.

"Do you know what the most inane saying in the world is? Breaking up because you love her. I mean, how despicable and hypocritical thing is that? If you love each other, why break up? How are you able to break up if that's true? Does that make any sense? If you look at it that way, then you don't love my daughter that much."

I think this goes to the core of "noble idiocy" which I don't find very noble at all and plenty idiotic.

As HK's mother said, life is short anyway, so why not spend some of the present enjoying the moment and looking at the face of the one you love. I'll add to that as well that it's not that easy to find someone you truly love who truly loves you back, so you should enjoy each moment as you can rather than thinking you know better for everyone. What is "better" anyway. Life has its ups and downs, and if you have someone by your side to face those ups and downs, then it can make it a bit better.

I also loved the ending scene of this drama as SW's father and HK's mother meet for their formal wedding meeting with their respective voiceover opinions about each other. It gave me a chuckle.

I think of all the story lines, Forecaster Um's subplot with his family is my favorite. His wife telling him that she had suggested divorce to get him to realize some things, not for him to actually sign the divorce papers. He is another man who loved his family but thought he was doing the "right" thing by leaving their lives. I'm glad that their daughter Bomi was old enough and confident enough to insert her rights as their child.

Overall, this drama was a fun watch. Thanks to everyone else sharing their thoughts on this thread, especially @mademoiselle . Double thanks for also starting this thread.

• Like 2

Episode 16

Oh yay, an all around good wrap up for all the main characters and happy ending. I was getting a bit anxious last night when looking at spoilers because it just seems like half way throuhg none of them are heading towards a happy one. I was literally wondering whether I was going to get double whammy of main OTP not getting together (although it totally didn't seem like it will). Haha.

Sunbae Um and wife's conversation had me in tears. I'm so glad she tells him what he should do / say because he's just that kind of person who needs to be straight-forward with. I think this family just need to communicate more openly and gosh, I was so happy just seeing them eating at the same table together, smiling and no more awkwardness.

Kim Mi Kyung playing a mum always manage to give me comfort and makes me warm & fuzzy inside. I just love her line delivery and acting to bits. It must not be easy for her to come to the conclusion of accepting Si Woo, but I think she senses Si Woo's sincerity. And yes, I love the advice Omma gives Si Woo and Ha Kyung too.

As for Ki Joon and Yu Jin, I was able to forgive their cheating because both Si Woo and Ha Kyung did, and that they became friends. Ki Joon was tremendously horrible at first, but I felt his sincerity afterwards in truly wanting Ha Kyung to be happy and that he is sorry for what he did. It helped me grow to like his character more as his character experiences growth. Although I can't agree more with what I've read online how these 4 must not have other friends and they kept confiding with their former lovers. LOL.

The conversation between Seok Ho and Tae Kyung coupled with Omma's reaction was plain hilarious. I kind of think Seok Ho promising to be her publisher a tad unrealistic (as in, what if it doesn't sell well?), and I hope she was just touched by the thought and that she isn't actually going to let him do that. But we'll never know so... haha.

P.S. I totally didn't know there are rules to consider when is actually "first snow".

End note: I think with 2521 ended so bittersweet, I'm just glad I have Forecasting Love & Weather ended happily.

Thanks @stroppyse, glad that you enjoy the show and for continuing to share your thoughts when others have gotten lazy or drop it... side-eyeing @SilverMoonTea :niu:

• Haha 2
  • Clapping Hands 1

I really enjoyed this one. The show wasn't a plot driven one but a very comforting slice of office life . It's not just the leads alone that was a draw for me but it was also the relationship dynamics between all the characters and the interesting setting for an office romance. While I did expect a happy Disney type ending for all the characters , I think the one that struck me most was how HaKyung and KiJun's relationship evolved from exes who really hated each other's guts, to friends & colleagues who ended up supporting and cheering each other on.  And the other thing that I ended up being quite pleased with was KJ and YR sticking together and becoming parents. Truth was I wasn't a fan of either one nor their relationship since it was borne out of an affair.

Overall I have always appreciated most of SK's drama choices ( ahahaha maybe except Nevertheless but then again I think it was good for him to play slimy characters once in a while). I am not sure if I was very enamored with Si Woo here but I love that he was indeed a gem of a person - he was always honest & upfront, serious about the things he did and in spite of his bad childhood and horrid dad, rose up to find a career & a woman he loves. But right to the end, my favorite character was still Ha Kyung. I enjoyed seeing her growth here at work (overcoming the odds & prejudice for being a team leader at  young age) and how she got over a very broken heart being cheated on not giving up on love. I can definitely say this is my favourite PMY character to date. 

• Like 2

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: The Impossible Heir - Fri-Sat:  -  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - In Blossom, Guess Who I Am

7 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

The conversation between Seok Ho and Tae Kyung coupled with Omma's reaction was plain hilarious. I kind of think Seok Ho promising to be her publisher a tad unrealistic (as in, what if it doesn't sell well?), and I hope she was just touched by the thought and that she isn't actually going to let him do that. But we'll never know so... haha.

It's actually not that unrealistic in that people can self-publish books now. In the digital age, it's not as much of a commitment to self-produce books, nor is it that expensive. The more expensive part may be the marketing and distribution. So, of course, self-published books usually don't sell very well, however, if TK marries SH, then she would be publishing because she wants to and not necessarily to make a living. So, he could continue to publish TK's books.

7 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

End note: I think with 2521 ended so bittersweet, I'm just glad I have Forecasting Love & Weather ended happily.

I'm honestly glad that I dropped 2521. I don't think I could have handled the final trajectory. Maybe that is a more realistic depiction of young love, however, it sounds a little too bittersweet for me.

3 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

But right to the end, my favorite character was still Ha Kyung. I enjoyed seeing her growth here at work (overcoming the odds & prejudice for being a team leader at  young age) and how she got over a very broken heart being cheated on not giving up on love. I can definitely say this is my favourite PMY character to date.

I agree that HK was the primary reason for this drama. As much as I enjoyed Forecaster Um's plot trajectory as well, this drama was really about HK's growth and development. PMY was really good here as HK.

• Like 1
  • Clapping Hands 1