Superior Shaman Ga Doo Sim 우수무당 가두심 [2021]

I wasn't going to watch episode 4 (wanted to accumulate more) but then seeing how you guys gave so much praise I had to check it out. Hahaha, welcome @SilverMoonTea to the world of Nam Da Reum :cool:

When Doo Shim's mum spoke to Grandma, that was when she's still alive, right? This means the evil spirit had been there even before 10 years ago Grandma tried to rid him and the Principal is the culprit who owns him. And Grandma knows Woo Soo is that other person who can help Doo Shim.

Before opening his eyes to Doo Shim's world, Woo Soo would have been just like any other kids seeing Doo Shim as weirdo. Woo Soo could see the ghosts before but he couldn't see his friend's dad. Has the spell worn off as Doo Shim said? The father did seem fainter than all other ghosts.

• Like 5
16 hours ago, Tofu said:

@abs-oluteM I am more invested in this teenage romance than the college romance in Nevertheless. Haha!

Me too! I am just dragging my feet to finish up Nevertheless but I figured that I have already come so far so I should just see it through. 

So now I am wondering how WS can be of help to Doo Sim. Will he have some powers too?

• Like 4

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: The Impossible Heir - Fri-Sat:  -  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - In Blossom, Guess Who I Am

@Tofuthanks for the character chart and descriptions!

To be honest, Daebak didn't pass the 4 episode test for me, despite liking CNBLUE music. CNBLUE digression in spoiler.

Spoiler

Wonder how CNBLUE will explain their name now? CNBlue used to stand for Code Name BLUE where B was for burning  (Jong Hyun), L was for Lovely (Min Hyuk), U was for Untouchable (Jung Shin) and E was for Emotional (Yong Hwa). Now that the B has been kicked out of the group, shouldn't they be CNLUE? Just saying.

Then again, I guess Nevertheless didn't even pass the 2 episode test for me before I dropped it. So, I would have to say that I'm definitely more vested in this cute teenage romance. And, I'm fine with no kissing or anything like that. It's enough that they truly care for each other, no matter how much they may pretend otherwise on the surface.

13 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

When Doo Shim's mum spoke to Grandma, that was when she's still alive, right? This means the evil spirit had been there even before 10 years ago Grandma tried to rid him and the Principal is the culprit who owns him. And Grandma knows Woo Soo is that other person who can help Doo Shim.

No, the conversation was between DS' mother and her grandmother's spirit. DS was sent to that school because her grandmother had finally located the demon. It's not clear if the Principal owns the demon or vice versa. Yes, the grandmother seems to know about WS, and perhaps that is why she chose to inhabit his body to speak with and embrace her granddaughter?

Not sure why WS couldn't see his friend's dad though since WS seems to be able to see ghosts as well as that evil spirit. I wondered if WS did see him, but was able to ignore him since the father was clearly benign?

1 hour ago, abs-oluteM said:

So now I am wondering how WS can be of help to Doo Sim. Will he have some powers too?

I think his ability to see the ghosts may be a part of his powers? Though since the opening scene of episode 1 had DS and WS getting ready to fight the evil spirit, I guess WS may develop to the point where he can affect spirits as well rather than just seeing them.

• Like 2
  • Insightful 2

They only air 20mins ep pre week! So painful! Have to wait so long :nervous:

Ep 4 is just great. That principal is taking control of the evil spirit. He must be the one who preys the students to feed them to the evil spirit. But what is he? Is he the same kind or he is a black shaman or something? 

I cant concetrate when WS is appearing on screen with that lovely smiles, he is so handsome yaa. Aww.. this noona is so fluttered seeing him hugs DS. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

Why are the episodes so short?! :scaredpanda2::letalQQ:

On the romance, because of what Soo Jung said to Doo Shim, she's been avoiding Woo Soo. Soo Jung found out that Doo Shim's mom is a shaman and used that against Doo Shim.

Woo Soo is super adorable. He's embracing his new abilities and spent the night listening to all the ghost's stories. Partially, he wanted to share with them how he's been feeling towards Doo Shim, but when it was his turn, they all left. :laugh:

Il Nam (Woo Soo's best friend) scored the lowest on the exam which meant the principal has released the evil spirit. This was at the end of the episode so we don't even see what happens, but it's evident that Woo Soo can see the spirit. Also, when the evil spirit kills the lowest scoring student, their spirit disappear. Is it like Uncanny where they need the spirit of the ones they kill to get stronger? 

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

Hahaha, I love how everyone's post either includes a complaint that the episodes are too short or it's airing so slowly :laugh:...also everyone mentions how much they love the chemistry :heart: 

I'm kind of ok with the episodes being released once a week. I do wish the length of the episodes were longer, but I'm also finding at least there's no drag with the short episodes! :smile:

Episode 5

- My god, this series is really getting to me through NDR - WS's gaze at GDS (or to his sleeping friend, but leads him to gaze at GDS) was so cute...especially that self satisfied smile after catching GDS's eye. You know what else is cute? WS already having such a strong crush...he keeps thinking about hugging her :heart::wow::BulbaOWO:

- I see even this really short series has product placement - he notices her Keds really randomly :laugh:

- WS is quick to catch on that there's something wrong about all these suicides...Or maybe it's just that everyone at the school is super slow :idk: I mean, who would continue to send their kids to a school where someone dies every semester after the exams :thinking:

- Love that WS plays therapist for all the ghosts, but they don't want to hear him talk about his crush :laugh:

- But after the sweetness of the first 4 episodes, this one was a bit more angsty since GDS is just your normal teen and feels sad that everyone is gossiping about her and WS as well as her mum being a shaman, so she freezes him out :letalQQ: But it's clear that she likes him a lot since she pictures him waiting for her even though she's giving him the cold shoulder. And WS jumps out to save her from being hit about her classmate even though he's already getting the freeze :BulbaOWO:

- I feel sorry that the friend is made to study when he doesn't like it/ isn't good at it...but his weird attitude to failing and not caring about dying is kind of annoying! Like hello, it you have noticed the students all die by falling off the building and that looks painful, right?  :pandathink:

• Like 2
  • Clapping Hands 2

Currently watching: Doctor Slump // Queen of Tears // The Impossible Heir

Current Obsessions: ❤ Lee Jae wook // Park Hyung Sik // Yoon Park

Podcast: These Dramatic Days

37 minutes ago, JenL said:

Or maybe it's just that everyone at the school is super slow

I think everyone knows that something happens to the student who scores the lowest, but I also think everyone has been viewing the deaths as suicides. They probably think the student couldn't deal with failing so they ended their life. 

41 minutes ago, JenL said:

he notices her Keds really randomly

Hahahaha! I forgot about that scene. It was very out of nowhere. :laugh:

• Like 4
1 hour ago, JenL said:

- WS is quick to catch on that there's something wrong about all these suicides...Or maybe it's just that everyone at the school is super slow 

Because everyone had been thinking that they were all suicides, they didn't think that their kids would commit suicide because their kids were so smart that they wouldn't be last in the school. The kids themselves are also convinced that they wouldn't so something so stupid as to commit suicide.

That is also the problem with Il Ram. He knows that he doesn't like to study, but he also knows that he'll accept whatever consequences and wouldn't commit suicide. So, he wasn't that vested in trying to do better on the test.

Perhaps if everyone really knew that there was a demon eating the souls of those kids after killing them off, they would avoid the school. However, there would be rampant skepticism about that.

Even if WS had told IR about the demon who eats last place students, IR probably wouldn't have believed him and would think that WS was making stuff up to get him to study.

Other things about episode 5, it's cute how WS keeps thinking about DS, and also how he listened to all the ghosts' grievances. He is definitely the caring sort as well as handsome and brilliant.

Even DS was impressed that WS would listen to them all rather than just shut them out. I think DS also likes WS, but doesn't want to get close to anyone for fear of further rejection?

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1
  • Clapping Hands 1
On 8/23/2021 at 2:35 AM, Tofu said:

I think everyone knows that something happens to the student who scores the lowest, but I also think everyone has been viewing the deaths as suicides. They probably think the student couldn't deal with failing so they ended their life. 

On 8/23/2021 at 3:50 AM, stroppyse said:

Because everyone had been thinking that they were all suicides, they didn't think that their kids would commit suicide because their kids were so smart that they wouldn't be last in the school. The kids themselves are also convinced that they wouldn't so something so stupid as to commit suicide.

Mmm this is true. I forgot we have an omnipresent view and know about the supernatural stuff whereas the students in the world probably just see it as being negative when being the lowest scoring student...They would feel like they wouldn't copy those actions even if they came last at school.

Still, I feel like some Asian parents are quite superstitious, so would be more likely to pull their kids out of a school where there were lots of suicides? Maybe it's just my parents though and some family friends....my parents do kind of believe in revengeful ghosts and possessions. Lots of stories about this type of stuff  :idk:

On 8/23/2021 at 2:35 AM, Tofu said:

Hahahaha! I forgot about that scene. It was very out of nowhere. :laugh:

I didn't even know Keds sponsored dramas :laugh:

Even if WS had told IR about the demon who eats last place students, IR probably wouldn't have believed him and would think that WS was making stuff up to get him to study.

He'd probably think he'd lost it :lenny:

Even DS was impressed that WS would listen to them all rather than just shut them out. I think DS also likes WS, but doesn't want to get close to anyone for fear of further rejection?

Totally agree with this...it seems like she's use to being alone and hanging out with ghosts, so even though she likes him, she doesn't want to risk being vulnerable. Also WS is a popular guy and DS seems to be the smart kind girl who avoids popular kids because they attract trouble (jealous from others if they like you)....but she won't be able to resist him forever! :heiboi:

3 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

NDR really has that charisma ( even though he’s a bit short :hug: ) . I like how cute the romance is …ahh teenage love . But the 2nd FL is so annoying. Next episode please ! 

Hahahaha poor NDR... it's not his fault he's not 187 or something :laugh:

NDR really does have charisma...this is dangerous because I love charisma...I'm afraid of turning into @SilverMoonTea :laugh:

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Currently watching: Doctor Slump // Queen of Tears // The Impossible Heir

Current Obsessions: ❤ Lee Jae wook // Park Hyung Sik // Yoon Park

Podcast: These Dramatic Days

I quickly watched this week's. Though it is a torture to wait but they are just so cute. 

So as expected the evil spirit went after the friend . And like telepathy she could sense the two boys in trouble in the hall when she was in the classroom. She did managed to save them at the end of the day with some help from her ghost friends. But the catch is that friend does not believe them about the evil spirit being responsible for the deaths. So it looks like his life could be in danger next week.

I like how our top student here take this opportunity to hug her ...and gives her some puppy eyes. She asked what he saw in his future when he closed his eyes ....wahh he said - YOU! Now that was smooth! 

• Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 2

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: The Impossible Heir - Fri-Sat:  -  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - In Blossom, Guess Who I Am

I like how our top student here take this opportunity to hug her ...and gives her some puppy eyes. She asked what he saw in his future when he closed his eyes ....wahh he said - YOU! Now that was smooth! 

Waaah. This makes me want to watch the episode, but I can't because I have to go to work. Thanks for the spoilers though! This couple. So cute!

But the catch is that friend does not believe them about the evil spirit being responsible for the deaths.

This is what I was expecting. Most people don't believe in the supernatural unless they experience it directly, and even then, they question what they're seeing/feeling. It's only because it's a drama, and we viewers are near omniscient that we want the friend to believe DS and WS. In reality, we would probably be scoffing at it along with the friend.

• Like 3
  • Clapping Hands 1
44 minutes ago, stroppyse said:

Waaah. This makes me want to watch the episode, but I can't because I have to go to work. Thanks for the spoilers though! This couple. So cute!

Same here!! I'm currently at work just smiling at my computer screen as I read @abs-oluteM's post. They are so cute!! :heart:

• Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 2

I couldn't wait, and it's only 20 minutes so I managed to watch the episode. Ohmygosh, so cute!

Despite IR totally disbelieving everything that DS and WS tells him, even though DS knew things about IR that no one else could know.

The swift hug by WS following his thank you was so cute, and they clearly forgot that IR was right there with them since the two of them were in their own world together.

And then, WS turning the joke that DS is about to pull into a flirtation, except with such a sincere manner! If WS doesn't end up with DS for life, he's going to be such a player! 

It was already funny that DS tells WS that WS and IL had been siblings in their previous life with WS being the clingy, whiny little sister to IL. But, when WS asks if DS could also see his future, DS clearly is setting WS up for a joke take down by telling him to close his eyes and asking him what he sees. DS was clearly expecting WS to say he saw nothing or darkness to which her smart aleck response which she starts would have been to say that was his future, full of darkness. Instead WS flips it on her by responding that he sees her, and then no, he sees ONLY her, then asking if that means that she is his future.

Ohmygosh, how do you not love WS after that?

So, given that it's 20 minutes, it flies by so fast. Definitely nothing draggy. I kind of like it, even as if makes me wish the episodes were longer.

• Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 2

For a second I thought that the evil spirit was only trapped within the school premise but it seems like that's untrue. This means that even if the lowest scoring student does not attend school, the evil spirit will still find them to kill. Maybe this is also a reason why regardless of how many deaths, parents still continue to allow their child to attend the school? 

Il Nam going along with both of them is true friendship. Haha! He didn't question anything and ran when he was told to. We can see that they were helped by the ghosts but Il Nam doesn't see that so I understand why he questioned them. I don't like what the preview is showing us for next week though. I do not want anything to happen to Il Nam. :letalQQ:

I'll just leave this here for everyone because these two are just adorable! :wow:

DS-13v4-brighter-smaller-02.gif

• Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 3
  • Clapping Hands 1
6 hours ago, Tofu said:

Aww...thanks, @mademoiselle. I've gone through a lot with all this gif making stuff (e.g. changing style, saving format, etc.) so I really appreciated the comment. :heart::jiminbtslove:

I feel you completely. I can spend more than one hour just doing 1 gif. I feel so unproductive. It's tiresome and I am never satisfied with the colours/brightness etc and always find other people's better than mine. My most recent gif was Rowoon's and I just couldn't replicate what the K-fans have made. Theirs are so bright & vibrant and mine if I put too much brightness into it, I can see the grains. :scaredpanda2: Dunno what I'm doing wrong here... :jiminbtssigh:

• Like 4