Superior Shaman Ga Doo Sim 우수무당 가두심 [2021]

E6yrdBiVgAgLQLy?format=jpg&name=large

Spoiler

E6S6jSGVcAAoEtb?format=jpg&name=4096x4096  E6S6jSCVUAEj22f?format=jpg&name=4096x4096

Superior_Shaman_Ga_Du-Sim-tp1.jpg

Literal title: Superior Shaman Ga Doo Sim

Hangul title: 우수무당 가두심

Broadcast site: Kakao TV

Other streaming site: iQiyi

Director: Park Ho Jin

Writer: Joo Brothers

Episodes: 12

Schedule: 30 July 2021

Reference: Naver | NamuWiki | AsianWiki | Facebook |

Synopsis

Ga Du-Sim (Kim Sae-Ron) is an 18-year-old high school student. Since her birth, her fate has been to become a shaman. A shaman to eradicate evil spirts. Ga Du-Sim refuses her fate and tries to live a normal life. She transfers to a new high school and meets Na Woo-Soo (Nam Da-Reum).

Na Woo-Soo is a high school student, who comes from a wealthy family, has a handsome appearance, and excels academically. He has a a peaceful and ordinary life, but that changes with the appearance of Ga Du-Sim. He begins to see evil spirits. Ga Du-Sim and Na Woo-Soo get involved in mysterious cases and fight against evil spirits.

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Like 3
  • Heart Eyes 2
  • Party! 4

Kim Sae Ron And Nam Da Reum Announced As Leads Of New Fantasy Romance Drama

2b585af3856b45a3be7d93359e0025dd.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Kim Sae Ron and Nam Da Reum will be uniting for a new drama!

On May 6, it was announced that the two actors have been confirmed for the new Kakao TV drama “Excellent Shaman Ga Doo Shim” (literal title).

The fantasy mystery romance is about two unique high schoolers who become involved in a series of mysterious incidents.

Kim Sae Ron will play 18-year-old Ga Doo Shim who wishes to live as a typical high schooler but is born with the undesired fate of becoming a shaman. She is a brave and strong character who will fight evil spirits as she works on solving mysterious cases.

Nam Da Reum has been cast as Na Woo Soo, a nearly perfect high schooler with a wealthy background, handsome looks, and outstanding grades. When Ga Doo Shim suddenly appears in his life, he gains the ability to see evil spirits, and the two get entangled in mysterious cases together.

Kim Sae Ron commented, “As it is a fantasy genre [drama] that stirs up your imagination, it was so fun reading the script. Ga Doo Shim, who rejects her fate and tries to live the life she wants, was also charming. I think it is a drama you will enjoy. Please look forward to it.”

Nam Da Reum shared, “I really had fun reading the script, and Na Woo Soo’s contrast from my previous characters felt more charming. Meeting the director gave me further anticipation and assurance about the project. I will work hard in order for the drama to receive lots of love, so please show lots of support for ‘Excellent Shaman Ga Doo Shim.'”

Spoiler

Kim Sae Ron and Nam Da Reum both debuted as child actors. Kim Sae Ron, who debuted at the age of nine, has impressed in various genres with projects such as “The Man from Nowhere,” “Hi! School – Love On,” “Mirror of the Witch,” “Love Playlist Season 4,” and more. Nam Da Reum debuted at the age of six in “Boys Over Flowers” has since become known for playing the younger counterparts of many actors such as Lee Jong Suk in “No Breathing,” “Pinocchio,” and “While You Were Sleeping,” Yoo Ah In in “Six Flying Dragons,” Jang Ki Yong in “Come and Hug Me,” Kim Seon Ho in “Start-Up,” and more. After playing a leading role in “Beautiful World,” he will now be taking on the male lead of a romance drama for the first time.

“Excellent Shaman Ga Doo Shim” will consist of 12 episodes, each about 20 minutes long. Filming will begin in May, and it is scheduled to premiere sometime in the second half of this year via Kakao TV.

Yoo Seon Ho Cast In Fantasy Drama Starring Kim Sae Ron And Nam Da Reum

c11e26cac5174b67b929de3578cd2743.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Yoo Seon Ho has been confirmed for his first fantasy drama!

Yoo Seon Ho will be appearing in the Kakao TV original fantasy drama “Excellent Shaman Ga Doo Shim” (literal title). The fantasy mystery romance stars Kim Sae Ron as the 18-year-old Ga Doo Shim, who was born with the undesired fate of becoming a shaman, and Nam Da Reum as golden boy Na Woo Soo, who gains the unwanted ability to see evil spirits after he meets Ga Doo Shim. Together, they must solve various mysteries in order to survive.

Yoo Seon Ho joins the cast as the spirit of high schooler Hyun Soo, who remains by Ga Doo Shim’s side after his unfortunate death by an evil spirit. The show will capture Hyun Soo’s transformation in detail as it depicts his life as a regular high school student, how he is possessed by the evil spirit, and how he becomes a spirit that cannot leave the earth. In attempts to search for his mother, he begins to follow Ga Doo Shim around as she was present when he died. By doing so, he unintentionally gets involved in various mystery cases. Viewers can look forward to his chemistry with Kim Sae Ron as they will often bicker, but ultimately get along like friends and siblings.

Spoiler

“Excellent Shaman Ga Doo Shim” will be Yoo Seon Ho’s first attempt at the fantasy genre after appearing in other works like “Rebel Detectives,” “My Strange Hero,” and “Undercover.” Through this drama, he will be appearing as a spirit rather than a human, showing off a new charm and broadening his spectrum as an actor.

Yoo Seon Ho commented, “Since it’s my first fantasy drama, I’m excited and looking forward to seeing how the project will be created. I will do my best while acting so it can become a drama that everyone can have fun enjoying.”

“Excellent Shaman Ga Doo Shim” will consist of 12 20-minute episodes and is scheduled to premiere sometime in the second half of this year via Kakao TV.

source (1)(2)

• Like 4

Where can I watch this drama??? I am so excited for this pairing! I love both of these young actors. Despite some questionable choices of projects (really, High School Love On?). I think they're both really excellent, charismatic actors. Also, it's nice to see Nam Da Reum has graduated from playing the younger counterparts and is becoming a leading man in his own right.

Thanks for creating the thread @mademoiselle!

• Like 5
  • Heart Eyes 1

Nam Da Reum's look in the drama

E47zvazUUAYVJZB?format=jpg&name=medium

E4j0ylSUYAEGpNA?format=jpg&name=medium

Spoiler

E44mwMnVcAUbuZN?format=jpg&name=medium

E40hUtOVkAYGmGU?format=jpg&name=large

4 minutes ago, stroppyse said:

Where can I watch this drama??? I am so excited for this pairing! I love both of these young actors. Despite some questionable choices of projects (really, High School Love On?). I think they're both really excellent, charismatic actors. Also, it's nice to see Nam Da Reum has graduated from playing the younger counterparts and is becoming a leading man in his own right.

Thanks for creating the thread @mademoiselle!

Thank you for saving me from having to wait for the last 10 mins. xD

It's set to air on Kakao TV for now. I'm hoping the copyright will be sold to Netflix or somewhere we can access easily.

Summoning the rest who I think approve of Da Reum's acting in Start-Up @abs-oluteM @ktcjdrama @gilaswan @Lynne @Chocolate @JenL

• Haha 1
  • Heart Eyes 1
  • Party! 4

I was wondering why the actress was familiar. She's the little girl from Man from Nowhere! :heart: Also friends with LJW. You don't watch anything of theirs for years and suddenly you don't recognise them!

Ok, I'll watch this. Story line sounds fun - I like the fun supernatural stories and NDR, even though he's so youngggg :shocked2:

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Currently watching: Doctor Slump // Queen of Tears // The Impossible Heir

Current Obsessions: ❤ Lee Jae wook // Park Hyung Sik // Yoon Park

Podcast: These Dramatic Days

2 hours ago, JenL said:

I was wondering why the actress was familiar. She's the little girl from Man from Nowhere! :heart: Also friends with LJW. You don't watch anything of theirs for years and suddenly you don't recognise them!

Ok, I'll watch this. Story line sounds fun - I like the fun supernatural stories and NDR, even though he's so youngggg :shocked2:

Yes, she was pretty fantastic in Man From Nowhere! Still one of my fave films, especially with Won Bin. :wow:

I think that she's one of the most accomplished actresses of her generation.

• Like 3
  • Heart Eyes 1
12 hours ago, Tofu said:

Kim Saeron! :heart:

I think she's only have minor/supporting roles since Mirror of the Witch? Nevertheless, I absolutely adore her and glad to see her back in a leading role! 

She had a main role on Leverage - tv chosun adapted the American series. It was her last drama & one where she’s more grown up. She was pretty alright there . 

• Like 3

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: The Impossible Heir - Fri-Sat:  -  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - In Blossom, Guess Who I Am

Watch: Kim Sae Ron And Nam Da Reum Test Their Chemistry At Script Reading For Fantasy Romance Drama

Kim Sae Ron and Nam Da Reum’s new fantasy mystery romance drama “Excellent Shaman Ga Doo Shim” (literal title) unveiled photos and a video from the drama’s script reading!

Kakao TV’s “Excellent Shaman Ga Doo Shim” is about two unique high schoolers who become involved in a series of mysterious incidents.

The video clip begins with Kim Sae Ron and Nam Da Reum exchanging their lines. Kim Sae Ron introduces herself, saying, “This is Kim Sae Ron, who will be playing the role of the brave ‘girl crush’ Ga Doo Shim.” Nam Da Reum also shares that he is playing the role of Na Woo Soo.

Moon Sung Geun has been cast as Kyung Pil, the principal who turned their high school into the best high school in Korea. Yoo Seon Ho comments that he plays the character Hyun Soo who dies in the first scene. Yoon Jung Hoon plays Il Nam, who is best friends with Na Woo Soo and has the lowest grades in his class.

ga-doo-shim.jpg

The actors explain that the drama follows the story of students who fight against ghosts that appear at school and find growth in the process.

Nam Da Reum reads from the script, “Does the world you see look different from mine?” and Kim Sae Ron replies, “Yes, very much.” Nam Da Reum asks, “Can I get a preview?” and Kim Sae Ron says, “Welcome to my world.”

Kim Sae Ron further explains that Ga Doo Shim inherited her powers as a shaman from her grandmother and is fated to be a shaman, adding, “She is a brave and bold character who escapes from her destiny and searches for the life she wants to live.”

Nam Da Reum shares, “Na Woo Soo is a student with a wealthy background, outstanding grades, an a tsundere personality. He spits out his words without much thought and seems a bit cold-hearted and stand-offish, but I think he is actually loyal and warm-hearted.” When Ga Doo Shim suddenly appears in his life, he gains the ability to see evil spirits.

kim-sae-ron-nam-da-reum-2.jpg

“It was very exciting. The situations and stories behind each character are very interesting,” Yoo Seon Ho explains. “I become a spirit and desperately look for my mom. I also become Doo Shim’s friend and support her.” Nam Da Reum also says, “The familiar setting of a school and the unfamiliar topic of evil spirits are meshed well.”

After the script reading, the actors share that they were able to get a clearer image of the drama and are looking forward to the shooting.

Lastly, Kim Sae Ron comments, “Although it deals with the topic of shamans, it’s a drama you can enjoy lightheartedly. Please look forward to finding out whether Doo Shim will be able to throw away her fate and find the life she wants to live.”

Watch the script reading video below!

“Excellent Shaman Ga Doo Shim” will consist of 12 episodes, each 20 minutes long. The drama is slated to be released sometime this year.

source

• Heart Eyes 3
On 7/1/2021 at 3:46 AM, stroppyse said:

Yes, she was pretty fantastic in Man From Nowhere! Still one of my fave films, especially with Won Bin. :wow:

Me too! I loved that movie so much :heart:

On 7/3/2021 at 12:12 AM, bairama said:

awwww this will be cuteeee Kim Saeron x Nam Dareum:heart:

Visually they both look very very good together :BulbaOWO::hearties:

And I do love a good supernatural theme :JuiceGhost:

• Like 3
  • Heart Eyes 1

8 minutes ago, abs-oluteM said:

@mademoiselle @JenL This one is like Daebak Real Estate teen chaebol version!!!

Hey you have a point...good looking pair plagued by supernatural elements... will there be more romance with teens? :thinking: :laugh:

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, JenL said:

Hey you have a point...good looking pair plagued by supernatural elements... will there be more romance with teens? 

Hahahaha probably just very mild, teen romance.

I've only just realised Kim Sae Ron (2000) is Unni Nonna to Nam Da Reum (2002). :lettalKWA: Bloody young. Hahahahahahaha.

@JenL, watch The 8th Night on Netflix. I watched it yesterday and enjoyed it. @stroppyse @ktcjdrama Is this something you'd watch? @abs-oluteM Probably not your cuppa but if you're interested too :P

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

Ah people are already excited for their chemistry :heart:

5 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

I've only just realised Kim Sae Ron (2000) is Unni Nonna to Nam Da Reum (2002).  Bloody young. Hahahahahahaha.

Haha, they're just babies. Especially NDR :lettalKWA: 

But also as child actors they have filmographies that are longer than some actors in the industry

5 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

@JenL, watch The 8th Night on Netflix. I watched it yesterday and enjoyed it. 

Noooo, I don't do horror unless zombie film...I'm too chicken if there's ghosts that spin their heads and it's really grotesque :lettalKWA: Sorry no amount of NDR will entice me :laugh:

• Haha 2

20 minutes ago, JenL said:

Noooo, I don't do horror unless zombie film...I'm too chicken if there's ghosts that spin their heads and it's really grotesque :lettalKWA: Sorry no amount of NDR will entice me 

Hahahahahaha it's not horror even though some classified it as horror. There's no ghost or spirit either. No head spinning. Only head tilting. LOL! I was not scared at all!

• Insightful 1
  • Haha 1