Superior Shaman Ga Doo Sim 우수무당 가두심 [2021]

Why is every drama I want to watch airing on the weekends?! :scaredpanda2:

Shamanism is an interesting religion and I'm always curious to how this religion differs in other culture. I'm sure it'll be a bit dramatized but still excited to see regardless! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Nam Da Reum Shocks Kim Sae Ron With A Sudden Embrace In New Drama “The Great Shaman Ga Doo Shim”

kim-sae-ron.jpg  kim-sae-ron-nam-da-reum7.jpg

KakaoTV’s upcoming original drama “The Great Shaman Ga Doo Shim” released new stills of Kim Sae Ron and Nam Da Reum!

“The Great Shaman Ga Doo Shim” stars Kim Sae Ron in the titular role as Ga Doo Shim, an 18-year-old who wants to be an ordinary teenager but was born under the fate of becoming a great shaman. Nam Da Reum co-stars as Na Woo Soo, the school’s “golden boy” who begins to see ghosts after meeting Ga Doo Shim.

In the new stills, Ga Doo Shim charges for the exit with one strap of her backpack on her shoulder. There is a band-aid on her cheek, and her expression is shadowed with pain. In the photo that follows, Na Woo Soo goes after Ga Doo Shim and embraces her as she’s about to leave the classroom. Na Woo Soo isn’t the type to easily show his emotions, so curiosity is mounting over why he suddenly hugged her in front of his classmates.

kim-sae-ron-nam-da-reum-1.jpg

Ga Doo Shim is shocked by Na Woo Soo’s sudden gesture, and she stares at him in confusion. However, there is a subtle connection between them, and fans can look forward to how their relationship will progress after this moment.

kim-sae-ron-nam-da-reum-22.jpg

The production team shared, “The hug scene is a decisive one where the exorcism duo will become close. Even the staff members expressed excitement at the film set because of Ga Doo Shim and Na Woo Soo’s extraordinary chemistry.

Please tune into the episode that will be released on July 30 to see why Na Woo Soo suddenly hugged Ga Doo Shim.” Then they added that fans can look forward to the thrilling story of the fantasy mystery genre as well as Kim Sae Ron and Nam Da Reum’s refreshing chemistry that will make them smile.

“The Great Shaman Ga Doo Shim” will have 12 episodes total, each 20 minutes long. The first will premiere on July 30 at 8 p.m. KST and will be available on Viki.

source

• Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 2

Director Of Kim Sae Ron And Nam Da Reum’s New Drama “The Great Shaman Ga Doo Shim” Shares Reasons To Tune In

c411ff657b404ac4a2e4892e47ed6707.jpeg?s=

KakaoTV’s upcoming original drama “The Great Shaman Ga Doo Shim” shared an interview with director Park Ho Jin ahead of the premiere!

“The Great Shaman Ga Doo Shim” stars Kim Sae Ron in the titular role as Ga Doo Shim, an 18-year-old who wants to be an ordinary teenager but was born under the fate of becoming a great shaman. Nam Da Reum co-stars as Na Woo Soo, the school’s “golden boy” who begins to see ghosts after meeting Ga Doo Shim.

A relatable message

Director Park Ho Jin said, “It’s a fantasy exorcism drama set in a school, but it’s really about the growth of two young kids. Like most kids these days, Ga Doo Shim and Na Woo Soo are trying to discover who they really are and find a place in the world to fit in. I think that their story can be a message of support for those kids.”

He added, “The kids work together to beat up demons, but they also fight back against adults, who are pushing them to follow the path of economic success. The kids learn the true meaning of what it means to live and work ‘together’ with other people. I hope that it can spark cross-generation discussion among people, whether it’s people in their teens and 20s who relate to the students, or parents who relate to the struggle of raising children in the current age.”

A talented, tried-and-tested cast

Park Ho Jin picked the stellar cast of the drama as the second key point viewers should look out for. Kim Sae Ron and Nam Da Reum are relatively young to the scene when it comes to lead roles, but they have both proven their skills through their extensive work as child actors. Up-and-coming actor Yoo Seon Ho also appears in the drama along with veterans like Bae Hae Sun, Moon Sung Geun, and Yoon Seok Hwa.

Park Ho Jin said, “I first met her around the time of ‘The Man from Nowhere,’ but she’s become an adult since then. She was a bit worried about playing a high school student, but I was impressed at how quickly she transformed when given the smallest of directions. Often it’s difficult to ask a lead actress to cut her long hair for a role, but when I suggested a short haircut, she readily agreed and then showed up with short hair a few days later. It was like she really was Ga Doo Shim.”

About Nam Da Reum, the director said, “He’s exactly like Na Woo Soo. He created an appealing character and synchronized well with Doo Shim and received a lot of love from everyone on set.”

Yoo Seon Ho plays Hyun Soo, a student who dies in the first scene and appears in the rest of the drama as a ghost. The director said, “We had a series of long discussions about the first scene, and I was impressed at how much he’d prepared when it came time to shoot.”

Moon Sung Geun plays Kyung Pil, the principal of Songyoung High School, the most prestigious school in Korea. Yoon Seok Hwa and Bae Hae Sun play Ga Doo Shim’s grandmother (Myo Shim) and mother (Hyo Shim), who are also shamans.

A variety of genres

Director Park Ho Jin emphasized that the drama is a combination of multiple genres, including fantasy, mystery, and youthful romance. “I think that viewers these days are open to the idea of cross-genre productions,” he said. “As long as it’s interesting and fun, people can follow the story no matter where it goes. The production staff are really talented people. Because of them, each episode feels complete in terms of editing, computer graphics, music, and sound mixing.”

Finally, the director shared a taste of what viewers can look forward to in the first two episodes. “The first episode will be about Doo Shim’s past, while the second episode will focus on the main storyline of the danger that surrounds Woo Soo and Doo Shim,” he said.

source: soompi

• Like 4

Each episode is roughly 20 minutes long. The first two episodes were not bad. As the director mentioned, the first episode was focused on Doo Shim's past. My understanding is that Doo Shim and her grandma are able to see spirits but her mom is not able to?

• Like 4
22 hours ago, Tofu said:

Each episode is roughly 20 minutes long. The first two episodes were not bad. As the director mentioned, the first episode was focused on Doo Shim's past. My understanding is that Doo Shim and her grandma are able to see spirits but her mom is not able to?

The episodes are so so so short!

At a promo with Nam Da Reum, Rae Won mentioned her mum is a shaman but not a powerful one.

Episode 1-2

For me, this is just an entree. So unsatisfying and not enough. These 2 episodes are just introduction but the gist is that the big bad ghost got away when Doo Shim's grandmother trapped it in a bag. So in the finale Doo Shim and Woo Soo will be facing off with this evil ghost/spirit. I figure this evil spirit must be someone who is always last in school died holding a grudge therefore always and only take the lives of those who came in last.

One thing I do NOT like is that girl who already picks on Doo Shim. What's her deal. Why must school always have a character like that?

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

@mademoiselle did you post Witch's Diner video here? :lol:

@mademoiselle @Tofu  20 mins per eps is a bit short but it was fun. Wahh Nam Da Reum has oppa material feel . I was amused her mum use the teen ghost that died to help her make money. This  young actor playing the ghost , Yoo Seon Ho is an actor to look out for. He was so good as the autistic son in JTBC's Undercover.  Waiting for next eps!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

I forgot this one started yesterday! But since the episodes were so short, squeezed them after my other short supernatural drama, The Witch's Diner :smile:

Episodes 1-2

- The good thing about this is that the supernatural parts are not scary at all (The only scary parts are the suicides :scaredpanda2: )- I find the evil spirits remind me of The Uncanny Counter . I do think it's kind of funny (but logical) that an evil spirit at school targets students who come last (because of the real-life pressure of rankings in Korean schools). But why only at that specific school huh? :thinking:

- KSR and NDR didn't feature much in the first ep, though I guess it set up her backstory of being the reluctant shaman....and I don't blame her for being reluctant. How traumatising would it be for a little kid like her to have to see someone do that?! :psweatduck: Also poor cute child actress had to run up so many flights of stairs!

- Well, the end of Ep 1 where Na Woo Soo (NWS) stares at Ga Doo Shim (GDS) was pretty :BulbaOWO: But then I got to the end of episode 2 and he hugs her?! Wow, NWS is quick. The romance here is moving faster than at The Witch's Diner :smug: They both look so good when they're looking at each other though :wow::hearties:

- Haha can't believe the teacher touched the shoulders of top student NWS...my friends are primary/ high school teachers and you're definitely not suppose to make contact with your students :laugh:

- I didn't understand the part where the mum almost got choked...was that the blond ghost or a different blond ghost? As in the one who died at the start of ep 1 and later also shows up and talks to her? I know he wants them to find is mum, but why would he try to choke them?! :lettalKWA:

On 7/31/2021 at 1:36 AM, Tofu said:

My understanding is that Doo Shim and her grandma are able to see spirits but her mom is not able to?

I feel like she can, but maybe she's quite weak? :thinking:

10 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

The episodes are so so so short!

I know right? What's with all the ultra short series these days?? :letalQQ: Is it because they're tailoring to the TikTok generation who have limited attention spans and find it hard to get through Youtube videos?

On the other hand, I am kind of use to this because some Western shows on Netflix tend to be 20-30 mins long. I finished The Good Place which was about 20 mins per ep. But I guess it's weird for K-dramas which often have rather full multiple storylines with twists and extensive character and romance developments :idk:

Edited by JenL
  • Like 4
  • Heart Eyes 1

Currently watching: Doctor Slump // Queen of Tears // The Impossible Heir

Current Obsessions: ❤ Lee Jae wook // Park Hyung Sik // Yoon Park

Podcast: These Dramatic Days

2 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

Oh that's the guy playing autistic in Undercover. I did not recognise him. Seems like all the actors who play autism are "impressing" us all xD

I think because it's hard to play a character with autism if you don't have it - you'd want to make them look believable, but not stereotypical and you'd want to play them as having a heart, but not always being able to understand/ relate to the world around (whilst also not trying to paint the disability in a bad light). Those who pull it off are truly talented actors! :BulbaOWO: 

• Like 3
  • Heart Eyes 1

7 minutes ago, Alice Wonderland said:

Ooohhh my green oppa is here!! LOLS

It looks good! I'm waiting for this! Please air quickly!

Alice, 1st two episodes are on IQIYI. I am sure somewhere out there episodes can be found

4 minutes ago, JenL said:

didn't understand the part where the mum almost got choked...was that the blond ghost or a different blond ghost? As in the one who died at the start of ep 1 and later also shows up and talks to her? I know he wants them to find is mum, but why would he try to choke them?! :lettalKWA:

Same blond ghost - the teen who died in eps 1. He was angry because her mum have been using him to possess all these clients and then she will "exorcise" him off . But actually it is all set up. He was willing to do it because the mum promised to help him find his mum but 10 years has passed . The mum still hasn't kept her promise. Before grandma died , she told this teen ghost that he should go see his mum one final time before he leaves.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

1 minute ago, Alice Wonderland said:

It is started already????!! Oh.. I saw this a week ago but it wast released yet. I will watch tomorrow then.

Yep it's out! I watched on KissAsia :CharmanderYay:

4 minutes ago, abs-oluteM said:

Same blond ghost - the teen who died in eps 1. He was angry because her mum have been using him to possess all these clients and then she will "exorcise" him off . But actually it is all set up. He was willing to do it because the mum promised to help him find his mum but 10 years has passed . The mum still hasn't kept her promise. Before grandma died , she told this teen ghost that he should go see his mum one final time before he leaves.

Oooh thank you! That makes much more sense. Haha, look at me poking fun at Tik Tok generation when I also mentally skip information while watching dramas :mine:

On the other hand does that mean I'm like one of the youths of today? :smug::eeeee:

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Party! 1

It's good, and since it's only 20 mins per episodes, the story went pretty fast. So this evil spirit is chasing those with last rank at school to be his sacrifice. I wonder with all those notes on board, that evil spirit must possess someone's body and act like human spying his next prey. 

Aw, both leads does have a good chemistry. I agreed with what the article says that one of the best you can get from this drama, a tested talent for both of them. So even the male ghost posess woo soo and hugged her, even it is so sudden, it's enough to flutter my weak heart. 

This one reminds me of Lets Fight Ghost, they also dealt with evil spirit. But here the ghost isnt that scary like there. Lols

• Like 6