Thirty Nine 서른 아홉 [2022]

@Chocolate I forgot this writer wrote The Wedding Day :nervous:...It was a great movie but let's just say we may need to brace ourselves for realistic endings.

Latest teaser

https://tv.naver.com/v/24840107

Not sure if JTBC put this on their social media handles yet.

1643333085467310.jpg

From the appearance of Mi-jo Cha asking, “Isn’t this something different?” in a trembling voice, Joo-hee Jang begins to shed tears without stopping, Mi-jo Cha, fainting with a pale face, and Chan-young Jeong, who struggles in pain while grabbing the hem of the bed. There are scenes that will make you cry. 

The atmosphere that seemed to sink endlessly changes the atmosphere with an unexpected idea. In the line “Will we be having fun while we are together or will we be seriously sad?”, the goal  not to waste the  limited time they have  is evident.

Then, the happy and exciting days of the three of them unfold, multiplying the affection with the images of them doing their best without neglecting either friendship or love. Then, through Cha Mi-jo, who asks with a smile, saying, “This will be an exciting time in history!" 

• Like 2

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  -  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - 

5 hours ago, Chocolate said:

Looks like you're right @abs-oluteM Someone has terminal illness.

Oh my ...it is Jeon Mido's character. I am watching The One And Only  - also terminally ill FL. But I suppose the drama is about how you handle the inevitable and the hard stuff. 

Thanks for subbed teaser! 

• Like 2

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  -  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - 

Son Ye Jin Shares Reason She Was Drawn To “Thirty-Nine,” Describes Her New Character, And More

Feb 3, 2022 by L. Kim

Son Ye Jin has shared her thoughts on her upcoming JTBC drama “Thirty-Nine”!

“Thirty-Nine” is about three friends who met in their second year of high school and are now on the verge of turning 40. The drama will tell the beautiful and emotional everyday stories of three 39-year-old women who encounter unforeseen circumstances in their lives.

Son Ye Jin plays Cha Mi Jo, the head dermatologist of a clinic in Gangnam. Jeon Mi Do takes the role of Jung Chan Young, an acting teacher who previously dreamed of becoming an actress, and Kim Ji Hyun stars as Jang Joo Hee, a department store cosmetics manager.

Fans are very interested to know why Son Ye Jin, one of the most desired actresses in the industry, chose “Thirty-Nine” as her next project. The actress explained,” I liked the script that sufficiently expressed life, existence, death, love, and the joys and sorrows of life.” She really empathized with the way the three friends portrayed the thoughts and worries of women during that age.

son-ye-jin-11.jpg

Spoiler

Son Ye Jin recalled the moment she first met her character Cha Mi Jo. She shared, “I approached [the role] thinking that she looks a bit cold and might be more rational than me. However, I felt limited in expressing her only as a character, so I started filming while thinking, ‘I’m Cha Mi Jo.'”

Son Ye Jin expressed her affection for Cha Mi Jo by adding, “I liked all her lines and scenes that I can’t mention just one.”

It will be intriguing to see how the actress will depict a woman who has achieved success at the age of 39, best friends who have been with her for half her life, and a new shot at love. She remarked, “I didn’t prepare anything in particular, but as always, I found music that suits the drama and its emotions, saved it on my playlist, and listened to it while thinking and getting into the mood.”

son-ye-jin-3.jpg

Son Ye Jin also mentioned the key points of her character’s fashion. Cha Mi Jo is a career woman who is both trendy and chic. Son Ye Jin commented, “I added chicness and cuteness without losing basic femininity.”

Lastly, she said, “I’m sure [the drama] won’t go against your expectations because it includes a good script, great staff, and amazing actors. As much as you have been waiting, you won’t regret it, so please look forward to it.”

son-ye-jin-2.jpg

The production team shared, “We are confident that Son Ye Jin’s true value will be proved once again through ‘Thirty-Nine.’ Please look forward to Son Ye Jin’s sincere acting as she turns into Cha Mi Jo herself.”

Source

Edited by Chocolate
  • Like 2

This article is complimentary of SYJ, but oh the pressure!

logo_076_6_20170111151211.jpg

The reason why Son Ye-jin is expected to appear in a series of top actresses. Break the theory of generational change. "Hope card.

Input2022.02.03 7:49 | Reporter Lee Jung-hyuk

2022020401000109300006892_20220203074902079.jpg?type=w430

Son Ye-jin is approaching. JTBC's new Wednesday-Thursday series "Thirty, Nine" (playwright Yoo Young-ah, director Kim Sang-ho) will be on air for the first time on the 16th.

Although it is the first home theater comeback in three years, Son Ye-jin's move is especially expected. This is because it is the only hope card that will put the brakes on the generational shift of actresses.

Spoiler

When she won the Best Actress Award for "My Wife Got Married" in 2008, Son Ye-jin said, "I thought it was not easy to live as an actress these days, but I think she gave me this award to wake up." "I will try to become a great actor rather than being the best in the future," she said. What kind of syndrome will she bring in this film?

2022020401000109300006893_20220203074902148.jpg?type=w430

▶ Son Ye-jin's flexibility to confront actresses in their 20s, broadens the scope of actresses

In the second half of last year, there were many "returned stars." For the past 10 years, actors who have been firmly defending the leading actress group have returned one after another, and they have suffered from a series of ratings difficulties. Ko Hyun-jung, Lee Young-ae, Lim Soo-jung, Song Hye-kyo, and Jeon Ji-hyun. Su-ae of "The Peacock City," which is currently on air, is also not a big hit compared to Maramat's performance. a 3% mark Among them, Jun Ji-hyun had high expectations in the industry with "Jiri Mountain," the most anticipated film she met with writer Kim Eun-hee, but she accepted a report card that ranged from 7 percent to 9 percent. Ko Hyun-jung and Lim Soo-jung also didn't make much of a splash, at around 3 percent.

Of course, ratings are not everything, but the fact that once known as box office queens failed to "stop channels" is somewhat shocking.

Moreover, in the meantime, junior players in their late 20s and early 30s began to hit hard. Lee Se-young is the representative of MBC's biggest hit last year, 'Clothing Retail Red End'. Kim Damina Tibing of "That Year We Are" and Han Hyo-joo of tvN's "Happyness" and Go Ah-sung of "Tracer," which is broadcast on Wave and MBC, also proved their "excellent vision" this time.

In this sense, Son's appearance is the last hope card that will break the losing streak of top stars. Attention is focusing on whether the powerful box office power shown in "Pretty Sister Who Buys Me Food" and "The Emergency Arrival of Love" will be displayed again this time.

"The reason why we are more afraid of popular actresses in their 20s and early 30s is that they are not very popular," said an industry source. "Lee Se-young, who started as a child actor and built up basic skills, is not confined to melodramas, but challenges various genres without hesitation," he said. "Son Ye-jin has been creating new characters by crossing over new directors or thriller action." This flexibility is one of the many reasons why we expect the box office index to be high again this time," he said.

2022020401000109300006891_20220203074902155.jpg?type=w430

▶Smart Son Ye-jin caught me off guard!

How difficult it must have been to choose the next film at a time when "The Crash of Love" is creating a worldwide popularity sensation on Netflix. In this case, most actors choose works that are guaranteed to be successful. This is because it pays more attention to the reviews around it and the distribution to take risks disappears.

But Son was different. She caught me off guard. She is loved as a melodrama queen, but suddenly she acts rough in the movie "Pirate: The Mountain Ranger Who Goes to the Sea." Like "There's No Secret," she has the guts to choose "Strong Kkae" that she can't handle.

Thirty, Nine is a real-life human romance about the friendship, love and life of three friends just around the corner of their 40s. There is no provocative box office code, and the size is far from blockbuster. Producer Kim Sang-ho also showed delicate directing skills in "Run On," but the world is not a surprising box office producer.

But if you look back, this choice is the most challenging and stable. As expected, she is a very smart actor.

Viewers' tastes are poles apart these days. Rather than a bloody "K zombie" or a scene where the main character reads memories twice in a single episode, it should be a different level of enjoyment. The world is in chaos with Corona 19, and viewers are fixed on the delicate story that is healing if it is not a killing feeling, thrill, or play. This is evidenced by the high popularity of "The Year We Are," which has excited female viewers in their 20s and 30s for moving the advertising market.

In that sense, the story of a 39-year-old woman who met for the first time at the age of 18 and has maintained a strong friendship for more than 20 years is 200 percent suitable for the current trend.

Most importantly, Son is a master of detail acting. It is said that Son Ye-jin is no better qualified than Son to express the life of thirty-nine, which will be filled with joy, sadness, anger and remorse, such as facing new encounters, challenges, and parting in the play.

The synergy effect with Yoo Young-ah, who showed strong power in building characters in her previous work "Boyfriend," is also expected.

It's not easy to change the channel with a remote control in front of her half-moon-shaped smile or her red-eye when she cries. The trailer alone is expected to be another trophy for her ever-challenging efforts.

2022020401000109300006894_20220203074902168.jpg?type=w430

Source | Translated by Papago

• Clapping Hands 3

Lee Moo Saeng Transforms Into An Industrious CEO Who Becomes A Gentleman In Front Of Jeon Mi Do For “Thirty-Nine”

Feb 4, 2022 by L. Kim

JTBC’s upcoming Wednesday-Thursday drama “Thirty-Nine” shared its first glimpse of Lee Moo Saeng in character!

“Thirty-Nine” is about three friends who met in their second year of high school and are now on the verge of turning 40. The drama will tell the beautiful and emotional everyday stories of three 39-year-old women who encounter unforeseen circumstances in their lives.

Son Ye Jin plays Cha Mi Jo, the head dermatologist of a clinic in Gangnam. Jeon Mi Do takes the role of Jung Chan Young, an acting teacher who previously dreamed of becoming an actress, and Kim Ji Hyun stars as Jang Joo Hee, a department store cosmetics manager.

In “Thirty-Nine,” Lee Moo Saeng will turn into Kim Jin Seok, the CEO of Champ Entertainment. He is a gentle and caring man who has a calm and serious personality. He was once called the “Son of Cheongdam” because of his wealthy family environment, and he achieved success as the chairman of the leading entertainment agency in Korea.

In particular, when he goes to meet Cha Mi Jo at an alumni association, he will fall in love at first sight with Jung Chan Young. The two characters will get entangled up in a relationship that eventually blossoms into romance.

Newly released stills from the upcoming drama capture Kim Jin Seok’s charms. When he’s at work, he’s nothing but cold and level-headed, but when he’s with the woman he loves, he turns into a total sweetheart. In one photo, he sharply watches his actor’s performance at a film set, but in the other two photos, his expression is filled with warmth and affection as he gazes at the person sitting across from him.

lee-moo-saeng-2.jpg

lee-moo-saeng.jpg

lee-moo-saeng-3.jpg

To find out more about Kim Jin Seok’s romance with Jung Chan Young, make sure to tune in to the premiere of “Thirty-Nine,” which will air on February 16 at 10:30 p.m. KST.

Source

Spoiler

logo_609_6_20181015144515.png

Lee Moo-saeng and Jeon Mi-do are terribly entangled... Adult male charm stills released (thirty, nine)

Input 2022.02.04. 9:03 am | Hwang Hye-jin, staff reporter

202202040901430410_2_20220204090303650.jpg?type=w430

[News Reporter Hwang Hye-jin] The character stills of actor Lee Moo-saeng, who transformed into entertainment representatives, have been released.

JTBC's new Wednesday-Thursday drama 'Thirty, Nine' (played by Yoo Young-ah/directed by Kim Sang-ho) is a real human romance drama that deals with the deep story of friendship, love, and life of three friends who are about to turn 40. Minutes show the first line.

202202040901430410_3_20220204090303653.jpg?type=w430

In 'Thirty, Nine', which boasts a splendid lineup including Son Ye-jin (Cha Mi-jo), Jeon Mi-do (Jung Chan-young), Kim Ji-hyeon (Jang Joo-hee), and Yeon Woo-jin (Kim Seon-woo), Moo-saeng Lee takes on the role of Jin-seok Kim, the representative of Champ Entertainment in the play. He is planning to perform a performance that flows through the charm of
Kim Jin-seok (Lee Moo-saeng) is a caring man with a calm and serious personality and the word 'gentle' suits him well. After leading a leading entertainment agency in Korea and achieving social success, he was also called 'Chungdam-dong son' due to his wealthy family environment.

In particular, while going to meet Cha Mi-jo (Son Ye-jin), an alumni association, she fell in love with Jeong Chan-young (Jeon Mi-do) at first sight and began to get tangled up. Will be writing

202202040901430410_4_20220204090303656.jpg?type=w430

Kim Jin-seok's charm is clearly revealed in the published photos. Kim Jin-seok's character is described by the cool charisma of the entertainment representative who watches the actor's performance at the filming site and the warmth he shows in front of the person he loves.

Above all, I am curious about his life, which will be given a special and precious time together with 39-year-old Mi-Jo Cha, Chan-Young Jeong, Joo-Hee Jang (Ji-Hyeon Kim), and Seon-Woo Kim (Woo-Jin Yeon). Expectations are high for Lee Moo-saeng's heavy performance as to what kind of story lies in those deep eyes.

(Photo = provided by JTBC Studio)

Source

Edited by Chocolate
  • Insightful 1
  • Heart Eyes 1

The Swoon

Three best friends get ready to welcome the big four-oh, a new chapter of life that is shaping up to be a rollercoaster full of love, laughter, and unexpected loss. But one thing promises to stay constant—they’ll have each other through it all.

Forty is the new twenty in THIRTY-NINE, starring Son Ye-jin (CRASH LANDING ON YOU), Jeon Mi-do (HOSPITAL PLAYLIST), and Kim Ji-hyun (ARTIFICIAL CITY).

• Thanks 1
  • Heart Eyes 1

Jeon Mi Do Talks About Playing A Free-Spirited Character In New Drama “Thirty-Nine”

Feb 8, 2022 by E. D

New stills of Jeon Mi Do’s character in the upcoming JTBC drama “Thirty-Nine” have been released!

Son Ye Jin plays Cha Mi Jo, the head dermatologist of a clinic in Gangnam. Jeon Mi Do plays Jung Chan Young, an acting teacher who previously dreamed of becoming an actress, and Kim Ji Hyun plays Jang Joo Hee, a cosmetics department store manager.

thirty-nine.jpeg

In the newly released stills, Jung Chan Young can be seen in various positions showing different aspects of her life. In the first still, she is seen talking on the phone in an office setting. In the next still, she is lying comfortably on her stomach with her hands and face propped up on a pillow. She is concentrating on writing something and appears to be deep in thought. In the last photo, she is in a bathroom facing away from a mirror, looking thoughtfully off-camera to the side.

thirty-nine-2.jpeg

When discussing the show, Jeon Mi Do talked about how she connected a lot with the drama. She said, “It was so fun that I read the script all at one time. Because it’s a story about my age, I sympathized a lot with it.” She continued on to talk about her character, Jung Chan Young, and said, “The way she expresses her thoughts and feelings without hesitation was attractive to me.” She expressed that the first impression she got from the character was not much different than her thoughts once she had started filming the drama. She elaborated by saying if there was one word to describe Jung Chan Young, it would be “freedom.”

Among the most important things while preparing for the drama, she emphasized the chemistry between the three friends in the show. Despite the friends being in their 30s and becoming adults, they are still immature even as 39-year-olds, and the story will focus on this chemistry between these long time friends.

thirty-nine-3.jpeg

She hopes viewers will be able to feel the strong friendship between each of the three women, saying, “I hope you will be able to see how the friendship between the three friends is portrayed and how each of the love stories unfolds.” The production team added, “We feel reassured by Jeon Mi Do’s passion for showing a perfect acting transformation, to the point where it feels like the role of Jung Chan Young was custom-fit for her. Please look forward to Jeon Mi Do’s performance.”

“Thirty-Nine” will premiere on Wednesday, February 16 at 10:30 p.m. KST.

Source

Edited by Chocolate
  • Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 1

Lee Tae Hwan Transforms Into A Charming Chef Who Steals Kim Ji Hyun’s Heart In Upcoming Drama “Thirty-Nine”

Feb 8, 2022 by L. Kim

JTBC’s new Wednesday-Thursday drama “Thirty-Nine” released its first glimpse of Lee Tae Hwan!

Lee Tae Hwan will act as Park Hyun Joon, the owner and chef of the fusion Chinese restaurant Chinatown. Coincidentally enough, the restaurant is located in Jang Joo Hee’s neighborhood. Park Hyun Joon was offered to be a chef at a hotel, but due to his dreams to cook his own dishes, he rejected the offer and opened a small restaurant instead.

The newly released stills raise further anticipation for Lee Tae Hwan’s character. In the photos, Park Hyun Joon shows his charisma as the chef of his own restaurant. In one photo, he looks completely absorbed in cooking. Another photo showcases his affection for Chinatown as he’s spotted posting a sticker on the glass window. He exudes warmth with his friendly smile, leaving viewers yearning to learn more about his passion.

The third still hints his upcoming romance with Jang Joo Hee, who has been single her own life. Jang Joo Hee, Cha Mi Jo, and Jung Chan Young are disappointed that Chinatown has replaced their favorite pub. However, they will soon form a special relationship with Park Hyun Joon and his new restaurant.

lee-tae-hwan.jpg

lee-tae-hwan-1.jpg

lee-tae-hwan-kim-ji-hyun.jpg

“Thirty-Nine” will premiere on Wednesday, February 16 at 10:30 p.m. KST.

Source

Edited by Chocolate
  • Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 2

More stills 

111716740.1.jpg

The screen writer had an interview and some extracts from what she wishes to convey with the show

Writer Yoo Young-ah “Actors are the main driving force, thanks to the cast" 

Source

111672645.1.jpg

Writer Yoo Young-ah said, "When I was in my early 20s, my 30s looked pretty cool. When I turned twenty-nine, I thought I would be looking forward to it. But when it came down to it, I wasn’t really impressed. Just living felt out of breath and exhausting, so I didn't feel any emotions."

Writer Yoo Young-ah said, "But when I turned 39, it was different. The thought of turning forty soon became a burden. Forty is said to be irresistible, and although it is an age that is not shaken by anything, it is rather like forty when it is hard for 365 days. I wanted to portray the age full of tension in front of me, thirty-nine. Now that we are forty-nine and we are close to fifty, thirty-nine is also youthful,” she said, showing affections and  nostalgia for the past.

Writer Yoo said, “I read it in a book one day. People say that the happiness that comes when you change a car or buy a house has a shorter shelf life than you think. In addition, it is said that the unhappiness that comes when human relationships are entangled goes deep and lasts for a long time. Maybe it is not money and fame that can give us the greatest energy when we are shaken by difficulties, but honest and warm communication with those around us? Whether I am an adopted child, whether I have a presence or not, an honest relationship seems to be the most important thing.”

Lastly, writer Yoo Young-ah said, “In ‘Thirty, Nine’, actors are the main driving force. It's a casting I'm so grateful for." She said, "I was surprised by the performances of the actors who made them more attractive than the existing characters and I am very grateful. I thought they were the best actors because they were more beautiful, better, and more pleasant than the characters that I had thought of,” she said.

• Like 1