Thirty Nine 서른 아홉 [2022]

Son-Ye-Jin-Jeon-Mi-Do-Kim-Ji-Hyun.jpg

Broadcast station: JTBC, Netflix

Schedule: Feb 16, 2022 - Mar 24, 2022

About the Show:  The story tells of the romance and everyday lives of three friends who will be turning 40 soon. 

Cha Mi Jo (Son Ye-Jin) was born and raised by wealthy parents. Now 39-years-old, she works as a dermatologist at her own clinic in Gangnam. Jung Chan Young (Jeon Mi-Do) is one of Cha Mi Jo's close friends who works as an acting coach. Jang Joo Hee is (Kim Ji Hyun) a department store cosmetics manager. Due to her timid personality, she has yet to really experience a romantic relationship.

Genre: Friendship, Romance, Drama

• Like 1
  • Party! 2

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Kidnapping // Dog Day // Lovers // Vote

BASIC INFORMATION

Production: JTBC

Episodes: 12

Director: Kim Sang Ho
Screenwriters: Yoo Young Ah

Official Website: https://tv.jtbc.joins.com/thirtynine

CAST OF CHARACTERS

Main Cast

Jeon Mi Do  >>  Jung Chan Young

Son Ye Jin  >>  Cha Mi Jo

Kim Ji Hyun >> Jang Joo Hee

Yeon Woo Jin >> Kim Seon Woo

Lee Tae Hwan >> Park Hyun Jun

Lee Moo Saeng >> Kim Jin Seok

Supporting Cast

Edited by ktcjdrama
  • Like 3

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Kidnapping // Dog Day // Lovers // Vote

Son Ye Jin Confirmed To Star In New JTBC Drama

Son Ye Jin Confirmed To Star In New JTBC Drama

Jun 30, 2021 by C. Hong

Actress Son Ye Jin has decided on her next project!

On June 30, Son Ye Jin’s agency, MSTeam Entertainment, confirmed, “Son Ye Jin has decided on the upcoming JTBC drama ’39’ as her next project. This will be her first return to JTBC in three years following the drama ‘Pretty Noona Who Buys Me Food.'”

“39” is a 12-episode drama about the romance and everyday lives of three friends who are on the verge of turning 40. Son Ye Jin will be playing the role of Cha Mi Jo, a woman who grew up in a wealthy environment with everything she could wish for and is now the head dermatologist of a clinic in Gangnam.

Other actors in talks for the drama include Jeon Mi Do, Ahn So Hee, Yeon Woo Jin, and Lee Moo Saeng. Once casting is complete, filming for the drama will begin in August. It is being directed by Kim Sang Ho (“Run On”) and written by Yoo Young Ah (“Encounter,” “Kim Ji Young, Born In 1982”).

Source

• Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 1
  • Clapping Hands 1
42 minutes ago, ktcjdrama said:

I guess no wedding until at least she wrapped up filming, huh? 😁

Hahahaha, looks like it, but there's always July and early Aug lol. He's free now...

This drama is only 12 episodes and has 3 female leads. So technically, each actress only has about 4 episodes worth of filming to do. So still got chance for later this year 😍 If superstitions are to be believed, they have to marry before 40. As we know, they are 39...

• Haha 2
  • Party! 1

She plays a dermatologist... This brand is effective, just freaking expensive 😂

Son Ye-jin selected as a model for 'Skinceuticals'... Flawless pictorial released

2021-07-08 08:34:37 Reporter Kim Na-yeon

Skinceuticals, a skin care brand for hospital sales, selected actress Son Ye-jin as an exclusive model and released a pictorial with Marie Claire for the first time.

hd97Yn1.jpg

Photo = Skinceuticals

In the published pictorial, Son Ye-jin showed off her beauty while overwhelming the gaze with her smooth and elastic flawless skin. She tied her trademark long straight hair and matched it with a black sleeveless dress to create a sophisticated yet professional atmosphere.

At the photo shoot, Son Ye-jin expressed her affection for the brand, saying, "I know that Skinceuticals is the most trusted brand by skin experts, and I feel very proud to be selected as a model for such a brand."

The premium antioxidant serum 'CE Ferrulic' is a representative product of Skinceuticals with 30 years of antioxidant research history. It provides a stronger antioxidant synergy effect by combining vitamins C and E and ferulic acid. It takes care of sensitive skin due to external stimuli and increases skin defense against harmful environments by 8 times.

Spoiler

xmwl9H2.jpg

A brand official said, "Actress Son Ye-jin's elegant and luxurious atmosphere and professionalism and trustworthy image matched well with Skinceuticals, a premium antioxidant brand, and was selected as a model. We plan to continue to deliver our beliefs and promises along with our models.”

Meanwhile, Son Ye-jin, the new model of Skinceuticals, is scheduled to appear in the JTBC drama 'Thirty, Nine' as Cha Mi-Jo, the director of a dermatology clinic in Gangnam, who grew up in a wealthy environment.

Source: Single List

Edited by Chocolate
  • Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 2
On 7/8/2021 at 1:26 PM, ktcjdrama said:

Are we gonna see the PPL of this brand in her gangnam clinic then?

Haha, I think so! Probably Skinceuticals and also Southcape (https://www.southcape.shop/) that she was wearing during the golf show.

Looks like filming is from Aug 2021 to Jan 2022 - that's quite long for 12 episodes?

@mocca_39

This is an excerpt from a field staff recruitment article.

E6ONhRIUcAEa-IA?format=jpg&name=small

• Like 2
  • Shocked 1
10 hours ago, Chocolate said:

Looks like filming is from Aug 2021 to Jan 2022 - that's quite long for 12 episodes?

Quite normal these days - with Covid and also labour restrictions - a lot of crew protesting for better working hours etc , they will need the time as they cannot overwork the staff. 

• Like 1
  • Insightful 2

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: The Impossible Heir - Fri-Sat:  -  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - In Blossom, Guess Who I Am

0000004963_001_20210730144315921.jpg?typ

Jeon Mi-do, who recently showed off high stock prices by filming a series of commercials, a measure of popularity, has already decided on his next film. As soon as she finishes filming "Hospital Playlist," she will work with top stars Son Ye-jin and musical colleague Kim Ji-hyun in JTBC drama "39" (written by Yoo Young, directed by Kim Sang-ho). It is expected to make a drastic transformation that is different from "Wise Medical Life." [Translated by Papago]

Source: https://n.news.naver.com/entertain/article/465/0000004963

• Heart Eyes 2
  • Party! 1

@yejinxhyunbin

Thirty, Nine

They are almost 40 years old but,

They still get into trouble

Resolve each other's problem

Support each other's love and also reproach them

Freeloading off the friend who earns the best..

It's a pretty good 39 years old

One day they were toasting as they thought they didn't have the superstition of number nine in their lives...

The story of our eventful day...

E7uURdFUYAAFF1a?format=png&name=small

Edited by Chocolate
  • Like 2

Description of the roles.

logo_609_6_20181015144515.png

Son Ye-jin, Jeon Mi-do, Kim Ji-hyun appeared in '309, 9', and 309 friends with ups and downs (official)

Enter 2021.08.04. 9:03 am Reporter Lee Min-ji

202108040901322410_1_20210804090318435.j

[News News Reporter Lee Min-ji] Actors Son Ye-jin, Jeon Mi-do, and Kim Ji-hyun work together as three friends who live to be thirty-nine years old.

The real human romance JTBC new drama 'Thirty, Nine' (played by Yoo Young-ah / directed by Kim Sang-ho), which deals with the in-depth stories of friendship, love, and life of three friends who are about to turn forty, will be cast on August 4th by Son Ye-jin, Jeon Mi-do, and Kim Ji-hyun. has been confirmed

'Thirty, Nine' depicts the ordinary and windless daily life of thirty-nine-year-old friends who meet by chance one day in their second year of high school and look at their forties together. The women, who formed a precious relationship at an unexpected moment, face another unexpected thing one day, and live a day of thirty-nine that is hotter than ever. I wonder what kind of fate awaits them and the story of the three women's tumultuous 39 years that will fill the beautiful and heartbreaking first half of 2022.

Son Ye-jin plays the role of Cha Mi-jo, the director of Gangnam Dermatology Clinic. It expresses a 39-year-old woman who is warm and sometimes full of the scent of cool water as a person who grew up in a well-to-do between a caring father, a generous mother, and a good-natured older sister. I look forward to seeing how Son Ye-jin, who is loved and trusted by the public for her in-depth acting, will complete the character Cha Mi-jo, who will once again fascinate the small room.

Jeon Mi-do, who will show another thirty-nine life with Son Ye-jin, takes on the role of acting teacher Jeong Chan-young. A person who ran with the dream of becoming an actor, but became an acting teacher because it did not work out as much as his heart. There is always sincerity in the harsh tone that he spit out, so he doesn't hate him even if he spit out harsh words. The transformation of Jeon Mi-do, who will write a new character for her life through the character Jung Chan-young, is also paying attention to what kind of work will be filled in her thirty-nine years.

Lastly, Ji-hyun Kim plays the role of Joo-hee Jang, a cosmetics manager at a department store. The character Jang Joo-hee has a timid personality and never had a proper relationship until she turned forty. There is a time for everything, but now that I am at the end of my 30s, I am paying attention to whether I can expect good things, and to the character Jang Joo-hee, which will be played by Ji-hyun Kim.

As such, 'Thirty, Nine' is the meeting of three actors who have performed uniquely in dramas, movies, plays, and musicals, including Son Ye-jin (Cha Mi-jo), Jeon Mi-do (Jung Chan-young), and Kim Ji-hyeon (Jang Joo-hee). receiving it in the body.

In particular, the fantastic lineup of three friends, which ended with Son Ye-jin, who wrote a new record in K-drama, Jeon Mi-do, who was reborn as a popular actor, and Kim Ji-hyun, who is famous as a trusted and watched actor in the musical world, raises expectations for the chemistry as well as the acting synergy they will create. In addition to the collaboration of writer Yoo Young-ah, who wrote 'Boyfriend' and director Kim Sang-ho, who directed 'Run On', it gives a foreboding of the birth of a real human romance drama that will stimulate the emotions and sympathy of the viewers.

Meanwhile, JTBC's new drama 'Thirty, Nine' is scheduled to premiere in the first half of 2022. (Photo = MS Team Entertainment / Besters Entertainment / Vibe Actors)

Source

• Insightful 1
  • Heart Eyes 2

The one with the ribbon bow is a dermatologist too and Son Ye Jin's love interest I think. We expect him to have some style lol.

Character descriptions of the MLs.

logo_018_6_20200915185838.png

Yeon Woo-jin, Lee Mu-saeng, and Lee Tae-hwan appear in 'Thirty, Nine'... Son Ye-jin, Jeon Mi-do, Kim Ji-hyun breathing [Official]

Enter 2021.08.06. 9:05 am By Kim Ga-young

0005004475_001_20210806090502961.jpg

Yeon Woo-jin (from left) Lee Moo-saeng Lee Tae-hwan

[Edaily Star in Kim Ga-young reporter] Yeon Woo-jin, Lee Mu-saeng, and Lee Tae-hwan will join the new JTBC drama 'Thirty, Nine'.

JTBC's new drama 'Thirty, Nine' (played by Yoo Young-ah, directed by Kim Sang-ho, produced by JTBC Studio, Lotte Cultureworks) is a real human romance drama that deals with the deep story of friendship, love, and life of three friends who are about to turn forty in 2022. It is scheduled to air in the first half of the year.

Previously, Son Ye-jin (as Cha Mi-jo), Jeon Mi-do (as Jeong Chan-young), and Kim Ji-hyeon (as Jang Joo-hee) were cast as three friends, while Yeon Woo-jin, Lee Moo-saeng, and Lee Tae-hwan announced the casting news.

First, the transformation of Yeon Woo-jin, who is split into the role of a 39-year-old dermatologist Kim Seon-woo, is expected. Kim Seon-woo is a warm-hearted person who is friendly, but he is also an attractive character the more you look at him, the more aggressive he is. After immigrating to the United States in high school, he returned to Korea with a unique story, felt a strange attraction to Cha Mi-jo (Son Ye-jin) and began to permeate her world. I wonder what kind of life Kim Seon-woo, who will be expressed through Yeon Woo-jin's delicate acting, will be.

In the drama, Lee Moo-saeng plays Kim Jin-seok, the representative of Champ Entertainment, an entertainment agency. Kim Jin-seok, who has a calm and serious personality and caring, falls in love at first sight with Jeong Chan-yeong (Jeon Mi-do), whom he met by chance through her as Cha Mi-jo's senior. Expectations are also high for the character Kim Jin-seok, which will be drawn by Lee Moo-saeng, who has shown solid and heavy acting.

Lee Tae-hwan plays the role of Park Hyun-joon, a 35-year-old Chinatown president and chef. Although he is a chef who is skilled enough to be recognized at a hotel, he is a courageous character who opened a restaurant because he wanted to cook his own. I get to know local regular Jang Joo-hee (Kim Ji-hyeon) and friends in a small shop I set up with my own hands, and I feel a little happiness in my time with them. Interest is focused on what kind of changes will occur in Park Hyun-joon's daily life because of them, and the character Park Hyun-joon played by Lee Tae-hwan.

As such, 'Thirty, Nine' predicts a richer and more exciting story with the joining of Yeon Woo-jin (Kim Seon-woo), Lee Mu-saeng (Kim Jin-seok), and Lee Tae-hwan (Park Hyeon-jun). Not only that, but I also guessed the relationship between Son Ye-jin, Jeon Mi-do, and Kim Ji-hyun.

Following Son Ye-jin, Jeon Mi-do, and Kim Ji-hyun, JTBC's new drama 'Thirty, Nine' is scheduled to be aired next year.

Source

Edited by Chocolate
  • Clapping Hands 1
  • Party! 1

So it seems the official title is "39, 40"?

I've just watched episode 1 of Queen for 7 Days - Yeon Woo Jin is male lead there? He's also the younger version of Ji Jin Hee's character in Undercover? He's 36 playing a 20 year old - his dermatology routine must be good! Hahahah.

35196426a53840479288981352aaa580.jpeg?s=

Yeon Woo Jin, Lee Moo Saeng, And Lee Tae Hwan Confirmed For Son Ye Jin And Jeon Mi Do’s New Drama

Aug 6, 2021 by E. Cha

It’s official: Yeon Woo Jin, Lee Moo Saeng, and Lee Tae Hwan have joined the cast of JTBC’s upcoming drama “39, 40” (literal title)!

“39, 40” is a realistic new drama about the friendship, romance, and everyday lives of three women on the verge of turning 40. Son Ye Jin, Jeon Mi Do, and Kim Ji Hyun were previously confirmed to be starring in the drama as its three female leads.

Yeon Woo Jin will be starring opposite Son Ye Jin as Kim Sun Woo, a 39-year-old dermatologist who returned to Korea after emigrating to the United States in high school. Warm-hearted but also surprisingly forward, the doctor finds himself increasingly drawn to fellow dermatologist Cha Mi Jo (played by Son Ye Jin).

Lee Moo Saeng will be starring in the drama as the calm and caring Camp Entertainment CEO Kim Ji Seok, who knows Cha Mi Jo from school. When he happens to meet her friend Jung Chan Young (played by Jeon Mi Do) through her, he falls in love with the acting teacher at first sight.

Finally, Lee Tae Hwan will be playing the role of 35-year-old chef Park Hyun Joon, who runs his own restaurant in Chinatown. Although he is talented enough to work at a top-tier hotel restaurant, he chooses to open his own restaurant so that he can make the food he wants to make. He eventually gets to know regular customer Jang Joo Hee (played by Kim Ji Hyun) and her friends, and he starts to find happiness in spending time together with them.

“39, 40” is currently slated to premiere in the first half of 2022.

Source

• Haha 2