Thirty Nine 서른 아홉 [2022]

1 hour ago, Chocolate said:

I've just watched episode 1 of Queen for 7 Days - Yeon Woo Jin is male lead there? He's also the younger version of Ji Jin Hee's character in Undercover? He's 36 playing a 20 year old - his dermatology routine must be good! Hahahah.

hahahah ...Ya, he is the ML in Queen of 7 Days. One of my favourite historical shows. But I have to say that the villain/2nd lead played by Lee Dong Gun did give YWJ's character a run for his money. I didn't have SLS since I loved YWJ's arc in the show, but LDG's acting as a tyrannical but conflicted King made me pity him at times.  In Under Cover , YWJ was supposed to be in his mid 20s- can pass la ! LOL. 

Anyway reading his character description here - I think he can convey the whole warmhearted personality bit. He's good at that sort of role. 

By the way did you watch Designated Survivor 60 Days? Lee Moo Saeng if you recognise him , he was the one that escaped North Korea and worked for Ji Jin Hee's character. 

His agency updated too

https://www.instagram.com/p/CSNtr1QpkOG/

• Like 2

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

25 minutes ago, abs-oluteM said:

hahahah ...Ya, he is the ML in Queen of 7 Days. One of my favourite historical shows. But I have to say that the villain/2nd lead played by Lee Dong Gun did give YWJ's character a run for his money. I didn't have SLS since I loved YWJ's arc in the show, but LDG's acting as a tyrannical but conflicted King made me pity him at times.  In Under Cover , YWJ was supposed to be in his mid 20s- can pass la ! LOL. 

Anyway reading his character description here - I think he can convey the whole warmhearted personality bit. He's good at that sort of role. 

By the way did you watch Designated Survivor 60 Days? Lee Moo Saeng if you recognise him , he was the one that escaped North Korea and worked for Ji Jin Hee's character. 

His agency updated too

https://www.instagram.com/p/CSNtr1QpkOG/

Yes, I watched Designated Survivor 60 Days and he did well there.

I just saw a tweet that Queen of 7 Days is a melo! If so, don't think I will continue. I was looking for political thriller.

• Haha 1
  • Heart Eyes 1
Just now, Chocolate said:

I just saw a tweet that Queen of 7 Days is a melo! If so, don't think I will continue. I was looking for political thriller.

It is a combination - romantic melo with palace politics. I would say 50-50. If historical political thriller , I would go for The Crowned Clown. I love that one - has romance too but less compared to Q7Days

• Insightful 2

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

logo_311_6_20170111151211.jpg

Seo Hyun-chul to appear in 'Thirty, Nine'... Jeon Mi-do's father

Enter 2021.08.12. 9:22 am Reporter Kim Hyun-jung

0001333988_001_20210812092211964.jpg?typ

(Export News Reporter Kim Hyeon-jeong) Actor Seo Hyun-chul will appear in JTBC's new drama 'Thirty, Nine'.

On the 12th, his agency Daan Ent announced that Seo Hyun-chul will take on the role of Jeong Chan-young's father, played by Jeon Mi-do, in 'Thirty, Nine'.

'Thirty, Nine' depicts the ordinary and windless daily life of thirty-nine-year-old friends who meet by chance one day in their second year of high school and look at their forties together. They made a precious relationship at an unexpected moment, and one day they face an unexpected thing again and live a day of thirty-nine that is hotter than ever.

Seo Hyun-cheol appeared as Hwang Jung-eum's father in his previous work, 'That Guy Is That Guy', showing his warm-hearted charm as a daughter-in-law. Seo Hyun-cheol, who has tried to change his acting gracefully in each work, is looking forward to what role he will play in this 'Thirty, Nine'.

Jeon Mi-do, who plays the role of her daughter, and what kind of fantastic breathing she will show are also attracting attention.

'Thirty, Nine' is a realistic human romance drama written by Yoo Young-ah, who wrote 'Boyfriend' and Kim Sang-ho, who directed 'Run On', and will be broadcasted for the first time in the first half of next year.

Source

Edited by Chocolate
  • Like 2

logo_108_6_20170111151211.jpg

Ahn So-hee, Yeon Woo-jin X Son Ye-jin's 'Thirty, Nine' Casting... Becomes a Pianist [Official]

Enter 2021.08.12. 3:47 PM Reporter Lee Kyung-ho

0002980304_001_20210812154808054.jpg?typ

Actress Ahn So-hee./Photo courtesy of BH Entertainment

Actress Ahn So-hee meets viewers through JTBC's new drama 'Thirty, Nine'.

Ahn So-hee appeared in JTBC's new drama 'Thirty, Nine' (played by Yoo Young-ah, directed by Kim Sang-ho, produced by JTBC Studio and Lotte Cultureworks), a real human romance that deals with the deep stories of friendship, love, and life of three friends who are about to turn forty. do.

The character Kim So-won, played by Ahn So-hee, is the younger sister of Kim Seon-woo (Yeon Woo-jin) and pianist Cha Mi-joo (Son Ye-jin)'s warm interest and realistic advice, and she experiences the healing and recovery of her life.

Previously, 'Thirty, Nine' was written by Yoo Young-ah, who wrote the drama 'Boyfriend', with actors Son Ye-jin, Jeon Mi-do, Kim Ji-hyun, Yeon Woo-jin, Lee Mu-saeng, and Lee Tae-hwan confirmed to appear, and director Kim Sang-ho, who directed 'Run On,' Expectations are rising for the creation of a work that will work together to stimulate the emotions and sympathy of viewers.

On the other hand, Ahn So-hee received favorable reviews from viewers by playing the role of Lee Jong-ah, a white hacker with full skills in the OCN drama 'Missing: They were'. Of course, he performed well by digesting various emotional changes.

'Thirty, Nine' starring Ahn So-hee is scheduled to air in the first half of 2022.

Source

Edited by Chocolate
  • Like 2

39 may be shown on Netflix!

When will you get married? 39-year-old Son Ye-jin's Challenge to Go for "The Netflix K Queen"

The second half of the JTBC drama "39" will begin filming as Hollywood's advance film "Cross" has been postponed.

[No. 1527] 21.08.12 11:13

Spoiler

The fast-moving wedding clock slowed down for a while and instead the work clock began to run out of breath. It is the story of Hyun Bin and Son Ye-jin couple. Hyun Bin and Son Ye-jin, who finally admitted their romantic relationship in early 2021, soon reported that Hyun Bin bought a new house to use as a newlywed house. At that time, there was a rumor in the entertainment industry that they were going to get married in the second half of 2020, but both of them were born in 1982 and delayed for a year, but they would get married within 2021. It was an observation that those who are 40 years of age would get married in 2021 before they were 40 years old. However, their recent moves suggest that they will focus more on their work rather than marriage and extend their love life.

They are so busy stars that the wedding ceremony also needs to be coordinated. In this regard, the most likely time was in the second half of 2021. Son Ye-jin spent quite a long break after the tvN drama "Emergency Arrival of Love," which triggered her meeting with Hyun Bin, ended in February 2020. "Cross" was decided as the next Hollywood film, and the filming was planned to take place in Korea from April 2021, although it is a Hollywood film. However, the shooting was postponed to September due to the aftermath of the "Corona 19 Pandemics," but it is said that the filming schedule has yet to be confirmed.

Hyun Bin began filming his next film, "Confidential Assignment 2: International," in February 2021 and finished it all in June. According to the original plan, Hyun Bin's "Confidential Assignment 2: International Day" began filming in February, and Son Ye-jin's "Cross" also began filming in April, and the second half of 2021, when filming both works ends, was a likely time for marriage. However, as the filming schedule for "Cross" was postponed to September, the schedule began to get twisted and Son eventually chose another film as her next film. It is JTBC's new drama "Thirty, Nine" (written by Yoo Young-ah, directed by Kim Sang-ho, produced by JTBC Studio and Lotte Culture Works). Filming will begin in the second half of 2021 and air in the first half of 2022. As they are expected to focus more on their work than marriage, the next news of the couple is likely to be news of Hyun Bin's selection of their next film, not marriage.

1628724577777366.jpg

Recently, Son Ye-jin chose JTBC's new drama '30, 9' as her next film. Filming will begin in the second half and air in the first half of 2022. Photo: Son Ye-jin's Instagram

Son is 39 years old this year at the age of 10,000, and her next film is titled "30, 9." Son Ye-jin will be 40 years old in 2022, when the drama airs, but considering the timing of the shooting, she seems to have chosen the right piece for her. Son plays Cha Mi-jo, the director of dermatology in Gangnam, in the drama. She is a 39-year-old woman who is warm and sometimes smells like cool water. In fact, Son Ye-jin is the youngest of the two daughters, and she grew up well and loved by her good parents and sisters. As Son Ye-jin, who succeeded in the entertainment industry, played the role of Cha Mi-jo, who succeeded as the director of dermatology in Gangnam, there is a high expectation that she will produce a good work with her outstanding acting skills.

Thirty, Nine represents a real-life human romance drama about three friends' friendship, love and life just around the corner of their 40s. One day in the second year of high school, the drama features the ordinary and unflattering daily life of a 39-year-old friend who looks at his 40s together. The story is about the women who have become precious to each other at an unexpected moment and face unexpected things again one day and live a 39-year-old day that is hotter than ever.

The two friends of Cha Mi-jo, played by Son Ye-jin, are Jung Chan-young, who ran with the dream of becoming an actress but became an acting teacher because she was not as relaxed as she wanted, and Jang Joo-hee, a cosmetics manager at a department store who had never had a proper relationship until she looked at 40. The role of Jung Chan-young will be played by Jeon Mi-do, who became a popular actor with "Wise Doctor Life," and the role of Jang Joo-hee will be played by Kim Ji-hyun, who has been active through various musicals and plays. Among the stars of the musical world, Jeon Mi-do and Kim Ji-hyun, Jeon Mi-do has become the most popular actors, and Kim Ji-hyun is aiming to become the most popular actor with this work.

1628724592630376.jpg

Jeon Mi-do, who became a popular actor in "Prison Playbook," stars as Jung Chan-young, who has been running with the dream of becoming an actor but has become an acting teacher because she has not been satisfied as much as she wants. Photo=Capture the website of tvN's 'Wise Life as a Doctor'

In fact, Son's next film has another meaning. It is a challenge to become the "Neflix K Queen" in Japan. As JTBC dramas are available on Netflix, "Thirty, Nine" is also expected to meet Japanese and other global viewers through Netflix. Son Ye-jin is the main character of the fourth Korean Wave in Japan, which began with "an emergency landing of love." While male actors are at the center of successful Korean dramas in Japan, actress Son Ye-jin stands out.

According to the results of the 2019 survey by the mobile market analysis service AppA, Netflix female users have the largest number of users in their 20s in Korea and the U.S., followed by those in their 30s and 40s, and those in their 50s and older are similar to those in their teens. On the other hand, Japan has the largest number of users in their 40s, followed by those in their 30s and those in their 20s and 50s. In Japan, given that women are the main consumers of Korean dramas, dramas that women in their 40s and 30s will like have more strengths. Hyun Bin's "Urgent Landing of Love," Park Seo-joon's "Lee Tae-won Class" and Song Joong-ki's "Vinsenzo" were also reasons for their great love in Japan. And Son Ye-jin, who collaborated with Hyun Bin in "The Emergency Arrival of Love," immediately challenged the Japanese Netflix market by listening to the stories of women in their 30s and 40s. Also, Jeon Mi-do's presence is expected to be a big boost as tvN's drama "A Wise Doctor" also gained popularity in Japan through Netflix.

Reporter Shin Min-sup leady@ilyo.co.kr
Lee Ho-yeon, a pop culture critic

Source

Edited by Chocolate
  • Clapping Hands 1
  • Party! 1

logo_311_6_20170111151211.jpg

Song Min-ji, casting for 'Thirty, Nine'... Breathing with Son Ye-jin and Jeon Mi-do

Enter 2021.08.19. 7:50 am Reporter Kim Hyun-jung

0001336718_001_20210819075012960.jpg?typ

(Export News Reporter Kim Hyeon-jeong) Actress Song Min-ji works with Son Ye-jin and Jeon Mi-do.

On the 19th, Besters Entertainment announced that Song Min-ji was recently cast in JTBC's new drama 'Thirty, Nine'.

'Thirty, Nine' is a real human romance drama that deals with the deep story of friendship, love, and life of three friends who are about to turn forty. 

Song Min-ji plays the role of Kang Seon-joo in the drama. Kang Seon-ju is a character with a strong desire to have whatever he wants from a wealthy family. When it comes to love, she is an attractive character who is more honest and confident than anyone else.

Previously, Song Min-ji made an impression by playing the role of Mae-hyang, Song Hye-kyo's rival, in the 2007 movie 'Hwang Jin-i'. Then, works such as dramas 'Innocence Poetry', 'Reply 1994', 'Move Your Own Destiny', '60 Days, Designated Survivor', 'Wise Doctor Life' and movies 'Romantic Island', 'Aeja', 'Blind' , 'Montage' and other major works.

Lim Chae-hong, CEO of Bisters Entertainment, said, “Song Min-ji is returning to the small screen after a year with ‘Thirty, Nine’. We will be looking for it, so please give us a lot of interest and love.”

'Thirty, Nine' will be broadcast in the first half of 2022.

Photo = Beasts Entertainment

Source

• Clapping Hands 1
  • Party! 1

logo_609_6_20181015144515.png

Rookie Ha Seon-ho makes her first CRT debut with 'Thirty, Nine', Jeon Mi also becomes a child role (official)

Enter 2021.08.24. 8:07 am Reporter Park Soo-in

202108240804368010_1_20210824080722696.jpg?type=w430

[News Reporter Park Soo-in] Rookie Ha Seon-ho makes his first CRT debut with 'Thirty, Nine'.

ADIA Entertainment, the management company, said on August 24, "We are pleased to inform you that Ha Seon-ho, who recently announced a new start with an exclusive contract, has confirmed his appearance in 'Thirty, Nine'."

JTBC's new drama 'Thirty, Nine' (played by Yoo Young-ah, directed by Kim Sang-ho, produced by JTBC Studios, Lotte Culture Works) is a real human romance drama that deals with the deep story of friendship, love, and life of three friends who are about to turn forty.

202108240804368010_2_20210824080722719.jpg?type=w430

Ha Seon-ho is expected to add to the fun of the play by playing the childhood of Jeon Mi-do, the role of Jeong Chan-yeong, who became an acting teacher because he ran with his dream of becoming an actor in the play. The young Chan-young Jung and the adult Chan-young Jung are expected to increase the immersion in the drama with a high synchronization rate.

Ha Seon-ho, who is currently studying at Chung-Ang University's Department of Theater, announced the start of full-fledged acting by performing as the female lead in the music video of singer LUNCH's single 'Love Forever' last year, and showing deep emotional acting. Then, as they are about to make their first CRT debut through 'Thirty, Nine', there is a lot of interest in what kind of impact they will show.

Lim Chae-hong, CEO of ADIA Entertainment, said, "Actress Ha Seon-ho is making his debut in the CRT with 'Thirty, Nine'. As a rookie actor, I hope that he will absorb a lot of experience like a sponge through this work. I will support you,” he said.

Meanwhile, 'Thirty, Nine' is scheduled to air in the first half of 2022. (Photo = provided by ADIA Entertainment)

Source

• Like 2

nbpoYAG.png

Oh Se-young confirmed to appear in 'Thirty, Nine'

Correspondent Choi Ji-eun  Approval 2021.08.26 09:16

RVtDwRG.jpg

Actress Oh Se-young will join JTBC's new drama 'Thirty, Nine'. 

'Thirty, Nine' is a real human romance drama that deals with the deep stories of friendship, love, and life of three friends who are about to turn forty. built  

'Thirty, Nine' is written by Yoo Young-ah, who wrote the tvN drama 'Boyfriend', and Kim Sang-ho, who directed JTBC's 'Run On', is a collaborative work. 

Also in the play, Oh Se-young takes on the role of Hye-jin, a fresh college student, but she appears with a lovely image. 

On the other hand, Oh Se-young made her presence known through the role of Joo Joo-yeong in the JTBC drama 'The Beauty Inside', and recently signed an exclusive contract with IHQ and announced her new activities as an actress. 

IHQ said, "Oh Se-young has an innocent and lovely image, and is a promising prospect with a passion for acting and infinite possibilities. We will spare no effort to support him so that he can show his abilities through various works in the future.” Oh Se-young also expressed her aspirations, saying, "I would like to thank those who helped me focus on acting, and I will always grow with a learning attitude." 
Source

Edited by Chocolate
  • Like 2

mktg-logo.jpg

Series Mania Hot Project: ‘Thirty-Nine’ From Korea’s JTBC

By Rebecca Souw | Aug 26, 2021

Thirty-Nine-collage.png

Producer and broadcaster JTBC has such a strong track record of making attractive and successful Korean TV drama series from tales of everyday lives that almost everything it does is likely to attract attention. Adding the presence of Son Ye-jin, star of Studio Dragon and Netflix hit “Crash Landing on You,” makes “Thirty-Nine” potentially one of the hottest Korean series of 2022.

The title is a reference to the age of three female friends who are only just the right side of forty. The 12-part romantic drama depicts them juggling life, work and relationships as they approach mid-life.

Son, who had the starring role in early 2000s blockbuster films “The Classic” and “April Snow” but in recent years has focused more on TV, plays the head of a dermatology clinic in Seoul’s affluent Gangnam district. She is joined by co-stars Jeon Mi Do (tvN’s “Hospital Playlist”) as a drama teacher whose acting career turned out to be a dream, and actor-musician Kim Ji Hyun who plays a shy department store manager, who never had a serious relationship in her life.

Spoiler

Ahn So Hee, former member of K-pop girl group, Wonder Girls recently joined the cast as sister to Yeon Woo Jin’s character. Her last notable role was in OCN and Studio Dragon’s “Missing: The Other Side.”

The male leads were announced only recently. Yeon Woo Jin (“Judge vs. Judge,” JTBC’s “Undercover”) plays a dermatologist obsessed with Son’s character. Lee Mu Saeng (“The World of the Married”) plays the head of an entertainment agency who falls for Jeon’s character at first sight, while Lee Tae Hwan (“Pride and Prejudice,” “W”) plays a restaurant owner and chef who develops a relationship with a regular diner as portrayed by Kim.

Shooting will start this month from a screenplay by Yoo Young Ah, known for smash hit comedy film “Miracle in Cell No. 7” and the more unsettling “Kim Ji Young: Born in 1982.” In TV, she was also behind the 2018 tvN-Netflix drama series, “Encounter” with Song Hye Kyo and Park Bo Gum in the starring roles. Regardless of genre, Yoo’s screenplays typically delve into a multitude of human emotions by putting her characters in challenging situations. The series director is Kim Sang Ho, a rookie who previously co-directed “Run On.”

The show is a co-venture between JTBC Studios (Sky Castle,” “Beauty Inside,” “The World of the Married”) and Lotte Cultureworks and is expected to broadcast in the first half of 2022. JTBC will handle licensing of the show. No international broadcaster or streamers have yet been announced.

Source: Variety

Edited by Chocolate
  • Like 2

@dingyuday

Wow, I saw Son Ye-jin on the way... Let's shoot a new drama... Great baaaah … I also took a picture of a sabul near here.. Whoa

@BinjinGolfing

OP said she met Son Yejin while walking by the street. Yejin was holding a phone to her ear in front of a flower shop. Her nose is high and she looked very pretty OP's from somewhere in Gyeonggi-do.

E99NomFUcAMHATO?format=jpg&name=large

Spoiler

E99LsjEVgAcrZlH?format=jpg&name=900x900

E99YmzwVgAUStmC?format=jpg&name=medium

Source: @MelTy39247706

Edited by Chocolate
  • Heart Eyes 1
  • Clapping Hands 1
On 8/26/2021 at 7:20 PM, Chocolate said:

Someone (I think it is a florist who delivered some flowers to Son Ye Jin at the filming site) posted this photo of a "car". It's the first photo after filming started. Do you see anything noteworthy? 

What? What is it? I don't see anything.... is it the black tag with yellow words?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

More shots of the shooting 3 days ago. Seems Son Ye Jin and Yeon Woo Jin were filming scenes together.

Spoiler

@twonyam_

8/29 Son Ye-jin's back view as reported by an anonymous person 😱 It seems that actor Yeon Woo-jin is on the other side-!!

E-CwjQ2UUAw2zmP?format=jpg&name=900x900

They were filming at a florist.

jourdejoie.atelier

_ The goddess appeared in the Atelier Jude (The best day of my life🥺 I'm a real fan, but I'm so nervous..💓)

tKpW76Q.jpg

Spoiler

OixewXP.jpg

ijxNmGH.jpg

03rR6Za.jpg

Edited by Chocolate

The florist got autographs from both Son Ye Jin and Yeon Jin Woo.

jourdejoie.atelier

_ Son Ye-jin, who received my favorite first-class actress in real life, is beyond my imagination 😍
I felt like I was dreaming yesterday The most beautiful person in the world, so beautiful that words are not enough… 🥺
I hope you are always happy 💓

T1DJrhk.jpg

E-AoNf7VEAIwPuP?format=jpg&name=medium

jourdejoie.atelier

Actor Yeon Woo-jin is getting his autograph, but the real actors are all like this..!
You are so good-looking... 😍
I will always be full of luck .
Thank you🥺💕

FThrUC1.jpg