🏡 Home Sweet Home Couple 🏡 | Kim Ji Seok & Jung So Min

Some recaps of the recent BTS

https://www.soompi.com/article/1483023wpp/watch-kim-ji-suk-and-jung-so-min-bicker-about-how-to-film-the-kiss-scene-on-set-of-monthly-magazine-home

TBC’s “Monthly Magazine Home” released a new behind-the-scenes video!

Spoiler

The making-of video begins with Jung So Min and Kim Ji Suk bursting out laughing because Kim Ji Suk ate the food that’s supposed to be used as prop. Later, Jung So Min continues to swat Kim Ji Suk’s hands away as he tries to steal her food. He shouts, “I’m so frustrated. There’s a certain timing for eating, but I missed that.”

Jung So Min tries to tattle on Kim Ji Suk for eating the food she cooked in the scene, and Kim Ji Suk uses that opportunity to steal her food. Kim Ji Suk happily stuffs the food into his mouth as Jung So Min yells at him.

The actress explains, “Since the food has already been set, you have to eat it subtly by taking it out unnoticeably.” As Jung So Min tells the story, she notices Kim Ji Suk keeping an eye on her from afar. She yells, “What are you looking at? Look elsewhere.” The actress continues to explain how he ate an entire jeon (Korean pancakes made by frying ingredients coated in egg and flour) instead of taking just a bite. Kim Ji Suk defends himself by sharing how he lives alone and how he couldn’t eat jeon this past Lunar New Year and Chuseok (Korean equivalent of Thanksgiving).

Kim Ji Suk continues, “I saw the jeon and temporarily lost my rationality.” To Jung So Min, he comments, “You eat a lot of food at home.” Nonetheless, they happily eat together once filming is done, and Jung So Min even feeds Kim Ji Suk food.

In the next scene, Kim Ji Suk and Jung So Min discuss in depth how to film their kiss scene. As they lie in bed, Jung So Min asks, “Isn’t this too R-rated?” The director also comments that it seems too much like a segue into the next stage. The two banter playfully until they decide on the pose, successfully carrying out the romantic kiss scene in the end.

• Like 4

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  -  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - 

Watch: Kim Ji Suk And Jung So Min Are Affectionate Despite Pretending Not To Care On Set Of “Monthly Magazine Home”

JBTC’s “Monthly Magazine Home” has shared a behind-the-scenes look at the filming for the final episode!

Spoiler

In the newly released video, Kim Ji Suk and Jung So Min take photos with similar poses, leading Kim Ji Suk to jokingly remark, “They call it mirroring. You unconsciously imitate the actions of the person you’re interested in.”

The actor then shares that he and Jung So Min are currently filming the last episode before asking her, “What are you going to do now that you’ve grown fond of me?” Taking the mic, Jung So Min teasingly whispers to the camera, “I haven’t really grown that fond of him.” Kim Ji Suk looks confused because he didn’t hear her answer, so Jung So Min repeats her answer louder for him to hear.

Later in the clip, Kim Ji Suk and Jung So Min get silly while posing in school uniforms. Jung So Min refers to Kim Ji Suk as her senior, but Kim Ji Suk comments, “Aren’t we in the same grade? I’m in year three, class six, and you’re in year three, class two,” referring to Jung So Min’s age (32 by international reckoning). Jung So Min responds, “I’m in year two, class one,” and Kim Ji Suk replies, “I’m actually in year four.” Jung So Min laughs because year four doesn’t exist in the Korean high school system.

After filming their reunion scene, the two actors take more photos together. Kim Ji Suk jokes, “We’re thoroughly a business couple.” Once the two wrap up, Jung So Min pats Kim Ji Suk on the back and says playfully, “Live well,” to which Kim Ji Suk responds, “Yes, I’ll live well.”

However, Kim Ji Suk soon reappears on the set with a surprise birthday cake for Jung So Min. He gets on his knees to offer the cake to her, and Jung So Min also goes down on her knees to receive it. Kim Ji Suk tells her, “Make a wish,” but before she can say anything, he adds, “Yes, viewership ratings! Thank you.”

Jung So Min jokingly comments, “No wonder you didn’t leave,” and Kim Ji Suk replies, “The production team prepared all this.” Jung So Min then thanks the crew as the two take more pictures with the cake.

• Like 3

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  -  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - 

Jung So Min Talks About Similarities To Her Character In “Monthly Magazine Home” + Working With Kim Ji Suk For The 2nd Time
Source: Soompi
Jung So Min participated in an interview with Sports Chosun upon the end of her JTBC drama “Monthly Magazine Home.”

“Monthly Magazine Home” is a drama about the romance between a woman named Na Young Won, who believes houses are for living, and a man named Yoo Ja Sung, who believes houses are for buying and selling.

In the interview, Jung So Min said, “I still can’t believe that it’s over. This was the longest filming period of any of the dramas I’ve done before, and it was also the first time that I spent so much time in the office for a role. We filmed most of our scenes in the magazine office, and soon going to set felt like I was really a company employee going to the office every morning. When I went to set, there was always a place for me, and good colleagues around me. It was my first time experiencing that kind of thing, so we developed a lot of affection for each other.”

Jung So Min shared that she felt that she was similar to Na Young Won. “We’re similar in that we both try and do the best we can and work hard at the jobs that we’ve been given,” she said. “The jobs that we have are different, and our childhood backgrounds are different, but both of us have worked steadily in one career path for 10 years. I think that if there is a difference, I’m less kind than Na Young Won.”

“Monthly Magazine Home” revolved around the question of housing, which is a hot topic in South Korea. Jung So Min said, “I thought the concept was interesting. Everyone has gone through hardships related to housing, so each character had their own unique story to tell. I think the script was less interested in real estate and more about how different characters have different attitudes toward their houses and subsequently toward their own lives. To be honest, if you don’t have an interest in real estate, then it’s hard to understand the terminology or even understand how it works. I researched a lot while reading the script and learned many new things.”

About working with Kim Ji Suk, she said, “I think that Kim Ji Suk is a person who is more used to taking care of others first rather than himself. We met eight years ago on a short-form drama and this was our second time working together. But he always seems more mature than me on set, so I depended on him a lot while filming. Since this was our second time, we could be more comfortable around each other while working.”

Jung So Min will be appearing next in the tvN drama “Hwan Hon,” written by the Hong Sisters. she said, “I’m currently preparing for the new project. I don’t have a specific goal in front of me as an actor, but I don’t want to stay in the same place. I want to keep trying new things and growing step by step.”

• Like 3

On 8/8/2021 at 5:49 AM, abs-oluteM said:

They both commented that they have similar MBTIs (anyone knows what it is ?) .

I was looking through SM's youtube channel and I realized she did post a video of her taking the MBTI test a third time. She did post this in September 2020, so in the middle of filming the drama. ^^

Also, in her recent interview she said that she ended up taking the test over 10 times lol. Most of the time, she had INFJ (only once did she get INFP as a result). She said that 90% of INFJ's description describes her well.

Interview Article: https://news.nate.com/view/20210812n14753?mid=e1200

Video from last year taking the MBTI test:

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1

MyDramaList | Watching Asian Dramas since 2001

YwPNqbH.png

13 hours ago, Ayame said:

I was looking through SM's youtube channel and I realized she did post a video of her taking the MBTI test a third time. She did post this in September 2020, so in the middle of filming the drama. ^^

I've always liked this video. Her answers are almost exactly what I would have answered. 😂 She says she's INFJ, but in the video her results are INFP-T, which is exactly what I am, that's why I like the video. 😆😆😆

• Like 3
  • Party! 1

Some translations from a written interview that SM did . I put here the part where she talked about working with JS again

"Kim Ji-seok, I haven't seen you in eight years. I don't know if you still know my real name."

Jeong So-min and Kim Ji-seok's working relationship is not the first "Monthly House." The two worked together in the 2013 drama special "Come to Me and Become Stars." Jung So-min said, "At that time, we were just good people and colleagues who worked together, but now we are like best friends Oppa remembered exactly when we first met 8 years ago. I'm a little sorry I couldn't remember, but I will not forget any of my time at 'Monthly Home' and I will try to remember for the next eight years."

Jung So-min said, "We were not having a hard time at all  filming the  scenes. It was so comfortable, and I think it was better because we worked well together no matter what scene we filmed."

Jung So-min then said, "I remember Chae Jeong-an's reaction the most when filming and watching the show. "Oh my, what are you two (JSM & KJS)  doing? You're so cute."  She liked it more than the people who were filming it." she said.

In particular, Jung So-min said, "I personally like the scene where the couple meets again and hugs. "I think I liked the feeling of solving misunderstandings and enmity against each other and 'I'm this with this person as expected,' and now I remember Kim Ji-seok the most among romance partners." Because we are together most recently, it is intense. Of course, if you ask me again next time, it might change," she said.

Jung So-min became a "rom-com queen" through her thrilling chemistry with Kim Ji-seok. Jung So-min, who causes viewers to be immersed in each work with romance breathing like real love, said, "For now, I am very grateful to the other person ( KJS) . I will always cherish you. Without him, I don 't have her ( Young Won) . I do get along with the actors I've been with, so I think I'll be very happy to work with anyone. In fact, the second time we met, we were a lot more comfortable  and had more trust based on our filming experiences in the past , so I look forward to working with him again.”

Jung So-min revealed on an entertainment program (Knowing Brothers)  that he still did not know her real name. In response, Jung So-min laughed & said, "I don't know he knows it now or not but  I'm not expecting  it."

• Like 4

On 8/13/2021 at 7:48 PM, Ayame said:

Also, in her recent interview she said that she ended up taking the test over 10 times lol. Most of the time, she had INFJ (only once did she get INFP as a result). She said that 90% of INFJ's description describes her well.

Ooo thanks...I wonder how similar his is.

Do you know yours?

@Warm Paws I hv done the MBTI tests a couple of times . And this round I am this aahahaha

Spoiler

An Adventurer (ISFP) is a person with the Introverted, Observant, Feeling, and Prospecting personality traits. They tend to have open minds, approaching life, new experiences, and people with grounded warmth. Their ability to stay in the moment helps them uncover exciting potentials.

But last round I was this ( done this maybe a few months ago)

Spoiler

WHO IS A DEFENDER (ISFJ)?

A Defender (ISFJ) is someone with the Introverted, Observant, Feeling, and Judging personality traits. These people tend to be warm and unassuming in their own steady way. They’re efficient and responsible, giving careful attention to practical details in their daily lives.

• Like 3
  • Clapping Hands 1

2 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

"Kim Ji-seok, I haven't seen you in eight years. I don't know if you still know my real name."

Who needs the real name? He can just call her jagiya or something. 😉 I still find it hard noticing these terms of endearment. The most that stands out for me are yeobo and nam/yeochin. 

It probably changes a bit depending on our mood while we take the test. Especially on the J and P part? It changed for you and Somin, I actually retook it now and I got J as well instead of my usual P. 😄

The questions can be difficult to answer sometimes, but the ones I'm usually more sure of are the I/E questions. 

Some say the test is worthless 😄 still fun and interesting though. 

• Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 1
1 hour ago, Warm Paws said:

Some say the test is worthless 😄 still fun and interesting though. 

hahaha ...I love these kinds of tests. It can be quite insightful too.

Check this video out ...so good!  God bless this person.  All their BTS compiled. 

The off-screen chemie & banter are the best I have seen between  a drama OTP.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, abs-oluteM said:

The off-screen chemie & banter are the best I have seen between  a drama OTP.

Yes. I really like their banter and conversations in general. BTS of other on-screen couples I've seen (not that I've seen a lot) are nice, sweet and intimate - I'm thinking something like JS and SM's Singles shoot BTS (?), which I'm having trouble finding now - but JS and SM banter/conversations are just so fun and natural.

I think JSM is playful in general and can get really close with her co-stars. That's why they say she's very shippable and there's actual strong and loyal shippers of her with a lot of her co-stars. When you look at MMH BTS, the most distinct and ever-present sound is SM's laugh. It's always so full and pure, and I believe it is such a feel-good enabler for everyone around her. If someone laughs like that at your jokes and silliness, I'm sure its the best feeling. Which is why I think Ji-seok complements her really well. It seems that they are always in sync and their humor is in the same spectrum.

I wonder if Jiseok's dad has scene any of the BTS. 😆

• Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 1
16 minutes ago, Warm Paws said:

I think JSM is playful in general and can get really close with her co-stars. That's why they say she's very shippable and there's actual strong and loyal shippers of her with a lot of her co-stars

Oh yes completely agree with you. Extremely shippable - you'll see it again when she starts her new drama I am sure ! :eeeee:She is a warm person and draws people in. Has that lovely girl next door vibe. I just like that she genuinely enjoys herself on set. 

I have been KJS's fan for a long time. But this is the 1st time I have paid attention to the BTS as much as I have. He is generally a funny person and also warm & thoughtful. There is a comfort level with SM that I have not seen before. And what I noticed is that they are naturally drawn to each other even when surrounded by the others. 

16 minutes ago, Warm Paws said:

I wonder if Jiseok's dad has scene any of the BTS. 😆

His dad is the cutest. This short one cracked me up

• Like 3

Excerpt - Another interview from here: https://nc.asiae.co.kr/view.htm?idxno=2021081210153371039

Q Kim Ji-seok's partner chemistry was good, how was the acting and breathing ( immersion ) ? He was the only person you  followed on Instagram for a while.

A: It must have been interesting for other people to see our follow-up happenings. (Laughs) They often talk about it. First of all, the acting & immersion was really good. He treated me very comfortably, and oppa's personality is very considerate of others, so I think we were able to trust each other and confidently shoot. I am satisfied because such chemistry seems to have melted well in the actual drama.

• Like 1