Doctor Lawyer 닥터 로이어 [2022]

닥터 로이어

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSLqBIyGe708k4WuhMfWgw

Broadcast station: MBC

Schedule: first half 2022

About the Show:  The story tells the story of a surgeon who loses his medical license after a failed operation that leaves a patient dead, and becomes an attorney who specializes in medical lawsuits. He then crosses paths with a medical crime prosecutor who lost a loved one in that failed operation, and the two join forces to punish those who manipulated that surgery to fail.    

Genre: Drama, Medical, Law

• Party! 3

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

BASIC INFORMATION

Production: Celltrion Entertainment (Beyond Evil)

Episodes: 16

Director: Lee Yong Seok (The Village: Achiara's Secret)

Screenwriters: Jang Hong Chul (Class of Lies)

Official Website:

CAST OF CHARACTERS

Main Cast

So Ji Sub  >>  Han Yi Han

Im Soo Hyang >> Geum Seok Young 

Shin Sung Rok >> Jayden Lee

Supporting Cast

Lee Joo Bin

Edited by ktcjdrama
  • Like 3
  • Star Struck 1

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

So Ji Sub suits up as genious surgeon turned lawyer in Doctor Lawyer

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Source

So Ji Sub is Confirmed to Make Drama Comeback with ‘Doctor Lawyer’

BY Shai Collins Jul 04, 2021 11:31 PM EDT

After 4 years of hiatus, So Ji Sub will be making his return on the small screen with a challenging role in "Doctor Lawyer." 

According to Sports Chosun on July 5, "Oh My Venus" star So Ji Sub will be making his drama comeback. MBC also confirmed that the medical-suspense series "Doctor Lawyer" will premiere in the first half of 2022, adding that actor the A-list star will play as lead. 

MBC Confirms So Ji Sub Participation in Medical-Suspense Drama "Doctor Lawyer"

The network stated, "Doctor Lawyer is a refreshing drama that will give viewers new exciting concepts for it will feature both legal and medical genres."

"Doctor Lawyer" tells the story of a genius surgeon Han Yi Han, who became a medical lawyer after losing everything he built because of power manipulation within his previous surgery. 

The upcoming project is a heartwarming and exhilarating medical-suspense drama that is expected to show the cruelty and injustices made by those professional people using their powers. 

So Ji Sub to Transform into a Surgeon-Turned-Lawyer in New K-Drama

So Ji Sub will be portraying the character of Han Yi Han, a surgeon turned lawyer who specializes in medical litigation. He is a double-board brilliant surgeon who graduated from the top medical school and has specialties in general surgery and thoracic surgery. 

Han Yi Han is said to be an ace doctor and is dubbed as "Monster Swordsman" because of his excellent skills in surgery. Aside from being good at everything, Han Yi Han is also a fun and charming character, but his persona and perspective in life will be turned upside down when his patient dies in an operation he thought he had performed successfully. This will result in his disqualification from being a professional medical practitioner.

But Han Yi Han wanted to know the truth behind the injustices that happened to him and pursue a career as a lawyer and through his journey, he started to unveil the truth surrounding the case he was involved in 4 years ago. 

Doctor Lawyer Premiere Date, Writer, and Director

Writer Jang Hong Cheol, who wrote "Mr. Writer," is also the one to pen the script for "Doctor Lawyer." He is currently receiving favorable comments from the viewers and raising expectations for his upcoming work. Meanwhile, Lee Yong Seok is expected to helm the series.

"Doctor Lawyer" has a total of 16 episodes, and according to the production team, once the cast lineup is complete, the filming will immediately follow for them to hit their target drama broadcast in the first half of 2022. 

Edited by ktcjdrama
  • Party! 3

MTDzeiV.gif

• 6 months later...

Im Soo Hyang is the FL

AKR20211125141500005_01_i_P4.jpg

Im Soo-hyang takes on the role of Geum Seok-yeong, a prosecutor in the medical crime division of the Seoul Central District Prosecutors' Office. Seok-Young Geum is a prosecutor with a firm belief that the rebirth of criminals comes from punishment, not forgiveness and leniency. Not only that, but he has the humanity to give innocent people more aggressively than lawyers for innocent defendants. In the meantime, attention is focused on what kind of acting transformation Lim Soo-hyang, who has shown perfect character digestion, will show through Geum Seok-young, an attractive character with both skills and personality.

----------------------

Is SSR gonna be villain?

Shin Sung-rok / Photo = Audi Company, Theater Plus

Shin Sung-rok takes on the role of Jayden Lee, who is the Asian branch manager of Honors Hand, a company that specializes in lobbying and investment, and has unwavering power, who does not hesitate to say anything or do anything to achieve success.

-------------------------------

She's the 2nd lead from She Would Never Know

Lee Joo Bin joins the cast of the upcoming drama "Doctor Lawyer."

jLL6w_2f.jpg
On January 6th, it was confirmed that Lee Joo Bin will be added to the cast of the upcoming MBC drama "Doctor Lawyer." She will be working alongside So Ji Sub, Im Soo Hyang, and Shin Sung Rok.

"Doctor Lawyer" will be the latest work of director Lee Yong Seok ("Iljimae") and writer Jang Hong Chul ("Class Of Lies"). The drama will reportedly have 16 episodes and it will be part of the Friday-Saturday drama timeslot of MBC. 

The upcoming drama will revolve around a genius surgeon who shifted as a medical litigation lawyer because of a fabricated operation and a prosecutor from the Medical Crimes Department who is the only family of the victim of the failed surgery.  The two will work together to punish those who are in power. 

So Ji Sub will play the role of Han Yi Han, a former double-board surgeon who became a medical malpractice lawyer. Shin Sung Rok will be the character named Jayden Lee, the Asian branch manager of Honors Hand.  Im Soo Hyang on the other hand will play as Geum Seok Young, a prosecutor at the Seoul Central District Prosecutors’ Office’s Medical Crimes Department.

Lee Joo Bin's character in the drama is not yet revealed. 

"Doctor Lawyer" is set to air in the first half of 2022.

Lee Joo Bin will be very busy this year. Aside from "Doctor Lawyer," the actress will also join the upcoming Korean remake of Netflix's "Money Heist." She will also join the upcoming drama "Love Battle" with Kim Ok Bin, Yoo Teo, Kim Ji Hoon, and Go Won Hee. 

The actress is known for starring in several dramas such as "She Would Never Know," "Find Me in Your Memory," "The Tale of Nokdu," "Be Melodramatic," "Mr. Sunshine," and more. 

Source: https://mydramalist.com/article/lee-joo-bin-confirmed-joins-the-mbc-drama-doctor-lawyer

• Like 2
  • Clapping Hands 1
  • Party! 1

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  -  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - 

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
10 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

the dream of every Asian mother who wants their children to either be a doctor or lawyer 

So true... although that might have changed slightly after this covid era. Everyone who has any relatives in the medical field must have worried a lot.

10 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

Official poster

All I can say is, they decided SJS looks better in suit than in scrubs. They prefer to show his face with a suit despite the title of the drama "Doctor" coming first before "Lawyer" :laugh: Looking at the poster, it becomes Lawyer (slash) Doctor

• Haha 4

MTDzeiV.gif

• 2 weeks later...
17 hours ago, Chocolate said:

Just caught the first episode.

I am aghast.

Hide contents

The evil director has killed Han Yihan’s girlfriend’s brother to extract the new heart that had just been transplanted???

I just knew this patient was not going to survive but what a way to die!

Gosh. That director is just a sick man. (This actor always plays this kind of roles , and IRL is pretty scandalous too) .  Of course evil director is desperate for funding , so he will do whatever it takes for these VIP surgeries.  Anyway, YiHan should have left this place a long time ago. The fact that he has to be a ghost surgeon for the director's son is unethical.

Anyway , pretty interesting 1st epsiode. I was engaged - I mean it is So Ji Sub back on the silver screen. Gosh I have waited for 4 years and of course I will watch till the end :pandahappy:

From the stills , he gets punished for this ...

• Like 5

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  -  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - 

17 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

Gosh. That director is just a sick man. (This actor always plays this kind of roles , and IRL is pretty scandalous too).

Yes, it's quite nasty. Has this actor ever played a decent guy?

Essentially, it was all a set-up. Seokjoo was never meant to survive. The VIP is likely quite old and would not qualify for the heart transplant - so once Director Gu knew Seokjoo qualified, he set up Yihan with the box of cash and offer for free use of the hospital for the surgery. He had every intention of cutting the new heart out immediately! Poor Seokjoo - he would have been better off with his own heart.

Yihan is too gullible. Why is he so trusting of Director Gu, considering he has been asked to "ghost" for Gu's son. That should have already raised red flags. And how can he agree to the new surgery knowing that the heart was harvested illegally (and without knowing who the patient was)?

Seokyoung is also not much better. I don't know if it is bad acting, but she keeps looking at him with suspicious eyes. She also  doesn't stop her colleague (who has a crush on her and obviously looking to get rid of Yihan) from charging Yihan with murder. For a prosecutor, she has raised no questions or extended any help to Yihan, a man she was going to marry. These 2 didn't seem to have talked at all. It's ridiculous.

So far, I think the writing is weak. Let's hope it improves once Yihan becomes a lawyer instead.

• Like 4
  • Clapping Hands 1
27 minutes ago, Chocolate said:

Yes, it's quite nasty. Has this actor ever played a decent guy?

He plays more bad than good.

I'm giving this one a miss. Not feeling it. I was hoping it'll be something like Doctor Prisoner but I don't think it will be. I was feeling impatient and annoyed with all the crying in episode 2. It's not makjang, but I just don't like the "makjangness" of crying... if that even make sense.

@Chocolate Try "Why Her?" and see if you'll like it too.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
4 hours ago, Chocolate said:

Yihan is too gullible. Why is he so trusting of Director Gu, considering he has been asked to "ghost" for Gu's son. That should have already raised red flags. And how can he agree to the new surgery knowing that the heart was harvested illegally (and without knowing who the patient was)?

I know right? He trust Director Gu too much. So the only thing I can think of is that maybe Gu was the one who helped him become a surgeon after his father died. 

I am not happy with how the FL - Seokhyang is being written as well. Maybe the scenes of the flashback don't show enough of her doing more to help him , and for a prosecutor who is aware of how dirty the system is she should be directing some questions to the hospital as well.  It was clear she knows he isn't that sort of person. Anyhow I am fine if they don't reunite. LOL.

@mademoiselleAgree that there's a makjangness to the drama - Im So Hyang always ends up in very melodramatic roles. I already knew it won't be like Doctor Prisoner from the trailers. 

Ooo but it looks like SSR is the VIP patient that got the heart isn't it? 

• Like 3
  • Insightful 1

You know what? I was thinking Yi Han should be able to recognise the heart because after he stuck a needle in the heart (twice?) to suck blood out. Surely it would bruise? Or is it not detectable because fatty tissues were all over the heart...?

1 hour ago, abs-oluteM said:

It's my guess as well. Katawasabi said the hand does look like his.

• Like 4
3 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

I'm giving this one a miss. Not feeling it. I was hoping it'll be something like Doctor Prisoner but I don't think it will be. I was feeling impatient and annoyed with all the crying in episode 2. It's not makjang, but I just don't like the "makjangness" of crying... if that even make sense.

@Chocolate Try "Why Her?" and see if you'll like it too.

Yes, it was hard watching ep 2. In the sense that it was irritating and frustrating. It's one of those where you keep telling the characters - do this, don't do that. Definitely not Doctor Prisoner level.

The crying is due to the actress. She's just bad. So I was glad Yihan broke up with her after the trial - although I don't know why - was it out of guilt? Like abs, I also don't want a HEA lol.

Ok, will try "Why Her".

2 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

45 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

It's my guess as well. Katawasabi said the hand does look like his.

Oh! Then I was wrong that the VIP was old.

45 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

You know what? I was thinking Yi Han should be able to recognise the heart...

Exactly! I thought so too. But the writing here doesn't have that kind of depth. I wonder why SJS agreed to this script.

Edited by Chocolate
  • Like 3

I'm still at first half of the first episode.... LOL... The story is not as captivating as I thought it would be. But it's good to see oppa SJS again. Will try to continue soon. It was hard getting past the first half episode. LOL...

• Like 2

MTDzeiV.gif

On 6/5/2022 at 1:58 PM, Chocolate said:

So far, I think the writing is weak. Let's hope it improves once Yihan becomes a lawyer instead.

Sad to say, I feel the same way... I can only hope the story is more engaging once we're back to the present time. The Chinese forums are not happy with the writing too. Some already declared ditching the drama.

Only a few minutes in, I was already impatient watching the whole court staring at a person very obviously having some kind of attack, gasping for air. Not until he fell on the ground that people panicked and the judge even has to order someone to get the AED... It really was not easy for me to finish 2 episodes. I was multi-tasking actually, because the surgery scenes were too long, when this is not even a medical drama. 

On 6/5/2022 at 4:11 PM, abs-oluteM said:

It was clear she knows he isn't that sort of person. Anyhow I am fine if they don't reunite. LOL.

Me too. How could she have doubted him, I don't understand... He wanted to get married when the brother is better. Why would he want to kill the brother? Like what benefit he got from killing the brother?

On 6/5/2022 at 5:29 PM, mademoiselle said:

I was thinking Yi Han should be able to recognise the heart because after he stuck a needle in the heart (twice?) to suck blood out.

I thought the same.

I'm excited to see SSR appearing next episode. But I probably am going to hold off watching this. Just checked out the other drama that Im Soo Hyang is in. Quite funny, so I think I will watch and finish that one first. 

• Like 2
  • Clapping Hands 2

MTDzeiV.gif

Hey Chingu’s How is everyone?

Just started this drama. I am enjoying it so far. I love the hospital dynamics and some of the cases are so touching. 
Rp Episode 1  was slow and a bit wierd. The surgery scenes seems a bit off because they the surgeons kept looking at  each other. 

I felt Park Ki Tae deserves his death. He chose to lie and cover an ACTUAL MURDER. He did it  for a position he didn’t deserve. He knew who he was dealing with and chose to be selfish till the end . 

giphy.gif?cid=5e214886dfc9b33f71cc101d4c

giphy.gif?cid=5e214886dfc9b33f71cc101d4c

• Like 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

Favorite Favorite Artist  Bae Doona, Moon Chae Won, Gong Hyo Jin, Cho Seung Woo, Jang Hyuk,, Jo In Sung,  Gong Yoo

Drama watching now: Plot Love,  Chimera ,The Psychologist, Always have,Always will , Show Windows: Queens House