Alchemy of Souls 환혼 [2022-2023]

JenL

I'm feeling a bit conflicted after seeing the stills and trailer. I'm not feeling the clothes and hairstyles of the male characters. The clothes are not well fitted and the hairstyles doesn't match the period. I enjoy watching a lot of historical dramas so I think part of how I'm feeling is because this is not what I normally expect to see (I'm more confused about the hairstyle than the clothes). 

Nevertheless, I love both leads so I'm willing to check out the first couple of episodes just for them. :heart:

• Like 5
12 hours ago, Tofu said:

I'm feeling a bit conflicted after seeing the stills and trailer. I'm not feeling the clothes and hairstyles of the male characters. The clothes are not well fitted and the hairstyles doesn't match the period. I enjoy watching a lot of historical dramas so I think part of how I'm feeling is because this is not what I normally expect to see (I'm more confused about the hairstyle than the clothes). 

Nevertheless, I love both leads so I'm willing to check out the first couple of episodes just for them. :heart:

Haha, I think the unusual costumes is because this is a weird made up time period or land (I forget which was the made up part). So I guess they tried to show that by making things look a little different. I'm the opposite to you - I don't often watch historical stories when it comes to Kdramas, so I actually don't know the styles as well, but I'm not sure what to expect with the story so far...can be a bit of a hit or miss with thesse writers and I'm unsure about the comedy at the moment (like that cut didn't show anything that was actually funny...but it implied it would be funny? :thinking:) Bbbbutttt.....it's been a long time since Lee Jae Wook was on screen so I feel like I have too be on this ride unless it really falls off the rails! 

• Like 5

Currently watching: Doctor Slump // Queen of Tears // The Impossible Heir

Current Obsessions: ❤ Lee Jae wook // Park Hyung Sik // Yoon Park

Podcast: These Dramatic Days

I like historical dramas and I'm glad that this one feels a bit different with the hairstyle and other details... This drama doesn't sound like other ones which usually show always the same visuals.

Talking about the funny side, from what I saw from the trailers, Deok yi has to hide her real identity to Jang Wook so I guess that it will create a lot of misunderstandings and funny moments of course

Edited by SsomGem
  • Like 3
  • Heart Eyes 2
On 5/21/2022 at 6:58 PM, JenL said:

There's a subbed version by Lee Jae Wook's fan club :wow:

Hahahaha why is this looking like a comedy?!

Cute. They got 1 line wrong on the sub, but it's still pretty good. When LJW is in the bath and the subs say "Thank you for your work, Mu Deok Yi.", he actually says "You did that work for nothing, Mu Deok Yi."  Which pretty much has her seeing absolutely red.

And, it definitely has comedic vibes, though with a huge cast, I'm sure there is going to be significant evil and palace intrigue as well. Also, it will be interesting to see how they use the supernatural elements.

This is potentially a really good pairing, so I'm hoping that the writer and PD are both good as well.

On 5/22/2022 at 11:03 AM, Tofu said:

Nevertheless, I love both leads so I'm willing to check out the first couple of episodes just for them. 

Yes, I'm with you there on this one. :heart:

• Heart Eyes 3
  • Clapping Hands 1