My Liberation Notes 나의 해방일지 [2022]

Tofu

9 hours ago, stroppyse said:

Just for that reason alone, I hope that the siblings are able to figure out their own happiness first before any romance might happen.

:1000: agree with this~ although I won't really expect it to happen because after all..this is kdrama land :laugh:

9 hours ago, stroppyse said:

I always wonder if this truly reflects reality, or if it's aspirational in some way, and reflective of the stylists involved in the production. Just as how, really poor female leads always seem to have expensive clothes, shoes, and handbags in kdramas despite having to work several part-time jobs to try to make rent. 

True... but it might still be a true representation of how it is in Korea in regards to how ppl dress for work (LOL..please do check it if you go there to visit in the future Stroppy!). For example, at least in the past jdramas I watched, the characters would normally dress in black/gray-and-white + suit when they go to work .. just like how it is irl so..:thinking:

I really can't wait to watch the next episode!! :cry:

• Like 5

Currently watching: 1night2days s4; Arashi's Diary: Voyage; The Great Escape S4; The Soldiers

Episode 3 is boring for me... what about you guys? @SilverMoonTea @abs-oluteM @SnowBlob @bai

My Ahjussi had something in the storyline that makes it engaging and exciting even though the characters were somber and gloomy but this one... the story and the characters are both gloomy. I need something interesting to happen soon...

@bai @SilverMoonTea your oppa made a short cameo 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Tasty 1
47 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

Episode 3 is boring for me... what about you guys? @SilverMoonTea @abs-oluteM @SnowBlob @bai

I still liking the drama. It's just relaxing for me to watch it. I still have problem with the OTP 😅🤣 I even like that tall office divorced guy more for KJW character lols. The mysterious guy just too mysterious for me to munch him.... 

I actually like this drama more than OB... I'm watching OB now. I'm so scared he will cheat her money 😅

47 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

@bai @SilverMoonTea your oppa made a short cameo 😂

Sorry who ? :laugh:I have too many oppas but up to ep 3 don't think I see anyone coming?  Our mutual oppa with Bai only RJY I think haha... 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

ezgif-com-gif-maker-47.gif

1 hour ago, mademoiselle said:

Episode 3 is boring for me... what about you guys?

I love it Madem! I mean of course I used skip button (again) every now and then .. but I could actually feel the tense (romantically) between SSK and KJW.. not sure whether it's actually there or I'm just imagining it because i really want them to happen :laugh: So in that sense, something was moving forward for these two characters. But I do hope the writer is going to show us 'different' or more things apart from showing us so many scenes of the characters in the train or bus and just going about their lives with minimal talking going on. So far I can still tolerate them though.. 

Spoiler ahead?!

It's funny though how in asianwiki they put Lee Min Ki as the male lead but then for me I'm the least interested in his story. I don't know whether he's going to end up with anyone, but honestly I'm not rooting for the ex-gf...and the childhood friend didn't appear at all in ep 3 so :idk: As for Lee El, I think I"ll be more interested in her story if and when she ends up liking the divorced guy with a daughter. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Currently watching: 1night2days s4; Arashi's Diary: Voyage; The Great Escape S4; The Soldiers

@SnowBlob Ahahahahaha so you technically skipped the boring bits! I'm sure there's something that will happen between them but right now, I wish it would happen quicker. LOL! And like you said, the drama should stop showing us them getting on/off the subway or walking home... we get it, they've to travel very far into egg yolk each day :niu:.

I agree my care factor for Lee Min Ki's role is very small at the moment too. As for Lee El, I'm also waiting for her to interact with the divorced guy.

@SilverMoonTea Yes, RJY appeared ... did you FF too? LOL

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Shocked 1

@mademoiselle @SilverMoonTea @SnowBlob so far so good for me. I like this unspoken attraction between Mr Gu and Mi Jung. His response to her when she asked him to worship her was quite expected. But you know I think she's beginning to get through to him in some strange way. She bothers him and he keeps thinking about the things she said to him. That is always a good sign.

For me the real lead here is KJW's character. We're seeing a lot from her perspective at the moment. I like that she decided on starting the Liberation club - whatever that is. For the first time I think she's beginning to take charge of her own feelings and emotions , rather than be pushed around by her circumstances.

Eps 4 stills

202204171341120006.jpg

• Like 3
  • Heart Eyes 2

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

10 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

I think episode 4 looks more interesting than 3. Haha.

Have you seen the ep yet? I haven't... gotta renew the netflix first TT_TT or maybe later I can watch it through the ehem site. So what are your thoughts on ep 4 apart from it's 'more interesting'? (but I'll read your comment later coz don't want any spoiler). Did they still show a lot of subway/bus/walking scenes? 

10 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

For me the real lead here is KJW's character. We're seeing a lot from her perspective at the moment. I like that she decided on starting the Liberation club - whatever that is. For the first time I think she's beginning to take charge of her own feelings and emotions , rather than be pushed around by her circumstances.

I agree.. it feels like KJW and SSK should be the main leads ... but who knows maybe they'll quickly 'solve' whatever problems between them and move on to another sibling as a focus? :idk:

12 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

@SnowBlob Ahahahahaha so you technically skipped the boring bits! I'm sure there's something that will happen between them but right now, I wish it would happen quicker.

I did skip the not-so-interesting bits... hihihihi ... This reminds me of watching HP season 2.. I practically skipped all those parts that weren't showing my ship :laugh: But no..it's not that bad (yet) with MLB.. I still did watch the Lee El and LMK's bits here and there. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

47 minutes ago, SnowBlob said:

Have you seen the ep yet? I haven't... gotta renew the netflix first TT_TT or maybe later I can watch it through the ehem site. So what are your thoughts on ep 4 apart from it's 'more interesting'? (but I'll read your comment later coz don't want any spoiler). Did they still show a lot of subway/bus/walking scenes? 

😆 I just finished watching. SSK was flying at the end 🤣. Anyway, yes, definitely a much more interesting episode with more progress. Lee El is falling for the divorced guy though she really should stop picking on him & his background. She's gonna have it tough coz his daughter doesn't like her (she reaped the seed she sow, haha).

There are still lots of bus, walking, subway scenes. Lots of Mi Jung & Mr Gu ignoring each other & walk separate paths. But i do like the once in a while of interest he shows towards her lol. I love how the two older ones are scared of her bad temper 😆.

To be honest I don't understand exactly every single thing the dialogues are supposed to mean or how im supposed to feel about it, especially the scene where Mi Jung hang out with the village friend and this friend said she's hungry for love.

Next episode Mr Gu will ask for Mi Jung's phone number 🤩. Regardless of what it is for, it is progress haha.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Heart Eyes 1
  • Clapping Hands 1
2 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

😆 I just finished watching. SSK was flying at the end 🤣.

Seriously that couldn't be real..there must be a rope or something or something. If he did that for real ... :shocked2: Looks like he decided to do sth about mi jeong and him though from the preview it looks like they still do that not talking to each other when they happen to meet on the road etc hrrrrrr

Yess... so it looks likes Lee El's love story is starting soon. Honestly, that divorced dad is pretty good looking! LOLOLOL ... it would be even better if in the end she ends up loving that daughter of his as well (contrary to what she said in the past about dating a divorcee with kids). 

Ehh...so from the preview it looks like Lee Min Ki's love line might be with his colleagues whom he said is annoying??? If yes, then this is not opposite attract anymore,, this is like... the likes attract each other :laugh: LMK's character is seriously similar to the annoying character he described his colleague with..so chatty and full of complaining too >.< Also Mr Gu and Mi Jeong also pretty similar..they're all so quiet and moody :thinking:

But wow...I like Mr Gu's style in the past - his hair and the way he dressed himself.. so good looking~~~ 

To be honest I don't understand exactly every single thing the dialogues are supposed to mean or how im supposed to feel about it, especially the scene where Mi Jung hang out with the village friend and this friend said she's hungry for love.

Actually this is true for me as well .. although it happens to me when watching some other dramas including jdramas as well. I wonder whether there are expressions that are just lost in translation or something and making it harder for me to understand... or it's just I don't get the flow of thoughts of the writer nim :idk:

• Like 3
  • Party! 1

@bai BINGO! Hahahaha I thought of both you and Tea when he appeared :laugh:

@SnowBlob I'm sure there are wires to protect him or help him fly. LOL! But for that very moment, I was thinking "Waaaa~ boshita" on behalf of you. :laugh: Do we all think Mi Jung will crush on him because of this? :laugh:

Yeah, the divorced guy actually quite charming. He's very very tall too. He was a jerk in 18 Again but I remember him well even though he's not a good guy. You should totally check this drama out, Snow.

Is it that same colleague LMK might be interested in??? I cannot remember her face well, but yeah, like you said LMK talks a lot and complain a lot too. Poor Mr. Gu too has become a victim.

I still find it weird how he and Lee El are so outspoken but Mi Jung is so quiet and reserved. I did like the scene where her mum tells Mr Gu abour how the father never really praise people and he praised Mr Gu and Mi Jung (although now we haven't even seen him speak a word to Mi Jung). Feel like there must be something happened before that the relationship went sour...? The family has so many stories that can be told, if only they start telling us some instead of making us watch the 3 of them constantly get on/off a bus/subway etc. :jiminbtssigh:

10 minutes ago, SnowBlob said:

Actually this is true for me as well .. although it happens to me when watching some other dramas including jdramas as well. I wonder whether there are expressions that are just lost in translation or something and making it harder for me to understand... or it's just I don't get the flow of thoughts of the writer nim

Thank you for letting me know I'm not the only one. I'm bad with symbolism and metaphor so I was wondering if that was the case. I watched in C-subs and if you watch in Indonesian/English, and we both still don't get what the writer is trying to convey then I don't think it's lost in translations. It's just something writer trying to express which we don't understand or resonate. It may or may not clear up later and for now, I'm just :BulbaConfused: with this "I am hungry for love" talk. Maybe we've reached an age where we see something else more important :idk: (assuming she is only wanting a man's love). Even the things Lee El said about being tired and want to shave her head I've a "WTF" moment too and I'm surprised her boss can still so patiently listen to her crap on. I'd probably just tell her to change hairstyle or cut it short and don't let it look so messy! :eeeee:And then walk off because I can't relate to her logic.

BTS

Too bad no BTS of the flying scene xDDD

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

Do we all think Mi Jung will crush on him because of this?

BTS

Too bad no BTS of the flying scene xDDD

Gyahh... I mean irl probably we would go 'oohhh and ahhh' when a guy could jump that high, still looked cool..and landed safely without breaking any bones. but i'd say if Mi Jung started liking him because of this...that would be... so superficial??? LOL..who knows they'll release the BTS for the jumping next time :laugh: I'd be sooo impressed if SSK did it without any aids etc!

I'll check out 18 again on asianwiki later~~ I think I read the synopsis last time and it must not interest me coz I decided not to watch it :p Talking about tall guy... I personally think he's too tall for my liking :lmao2:

I still find it weird how he and Lee El are so outspoken but Mi Jung is so quiet and reserved.

The family has so many stories that can be told, if only they start telling us some instead of making us watch the 3 of them constantly get on/off a bus/subway etc.

Maybe Lee El and LMK's characters are like their mum..and Mi Jung is similar to his dad who doesn't talk much. I think the dad thought LMK lives his life without any plan or purpose and that frustrates him and also the case with buying car in the past -> that's why their relationship isn't great right now?? I don't know.. I can see that this type of family relationship really does exist irl... but it feels strange watching how a family could spend so much time in quietness without any much talking in korean drama :thinking:

Even the things Lee El said about being tired and want to shave her head I've a "WTF" moment too and I'm surprised her boss can still so patiently listen to her crap on. I'd probably just tell her to change hairstyle or cut it short and don't let it look so messy! And then walk off because I can't relate to her logic.

LOLOLOLOL... yessss...that bit's really strange. I'm like...why suddenly talking about shaving her head???? Ok..she really hated her hair ...to the point she could feel like chopping off her head, washed it etc and put it back later on~~ but what does it have to do with.... with her current frustration about life? Or maybe she's just a person who likes to talk about random things :idk: Even honestly the 'worship me' bit...I also don't get it~~ Why worshiping?? and then in this ep Mi Jung explained that worshipping means cheering them on... telling the other that they can do anything... I'm like...HUH?? Is that what it means by worshipping?? and how does that relate to making you feel whole???? maybe... but why can't that be 'love' instead?? (so I wonder maybe it is with the word 'worship' in korea maybe means that way?) :JuiceGhost: At times I feel some dramas are trying to convey something really deep and cool and meaningful...only for me to feel.... ?!?!?!?!?!? Well, I can ignore those bits anyway as long as they give me good love story between Mr Gu and Mi Jung...worship or love or what not...who cares :niu:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

36 minutes ago, SnowBlob said:

Maybe Lee El and LMK's characters are like their mum..and Mi Jung is similar to his dad who doesn't talk much. I think the dad thought LMK lives his life without any plan or purpose and that frustrates him and also the case with buying car in the past -> that's why their relationship isn't great right now?? I don't know.. I can see that this type of family relationship really does exist irl... but it feels strange watching how a family could spend so much time in quietness without any much talking in korean drama 

I think you're right. Ki Jung and Chang Hee are both more like the mother who can also go on and on with her chatter and be pretty outspken, while Mi Jung is more like their father who is so quiet and keeps it mostly bottled up, until it comes spilling out.

The relationship between the father and the son seems relatable. The father is frustrated that his son has a job which doesn't seem to be going anywhere, and where the son has to take a phone call even interrupting the family meal to soothe some female client. The son is frustrated because he longs to escape his life, and he's determined not to be like his father, but he doesn't even know what that means or how to actually do it.

3 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

Even the things Lee El said about being tired and want to shave her head I've a "WTF" moment too and I'm surprised her boss can still so patiently listen to her crap on. I'd probably just tell her to change hairstyle or cut it short and don't let it look so messy!

Actually, I had some sympathy for this. She's maintaining her long hair because she feels that it is a symbol of her femininity and beauty. It's also a holdover in SK that a woman really only has long hair until she's married. It's not a modern attitude, but a lot of women hold this attitude, especially if they grew up in a more traditional or rural area. However, she's upset that she's still single and her hair is a reflection of that, especially given the time and care that she gives to her hair. She's also a pretty emotional character. When her boss points out to her that she is holding 2 extreme and directly opposed views, i.e. being with any guy and shaving her hair off which would make it even more difficult to attract a man, KJ acknowledges it, but goes on to say that by winter, she wants one of those things to be true.

Btw, I appreciate KJ's straightforward nature, though she probably needs to think a bit more before she goes mouthing off in public.

She's clearly interested in the married guy, despite him being a divorcee with a daughter. However, even if his gentle and forgiving nature allows him to like her back, his daughter clearly holds a grudge against her and will be suspicious of her, and that will be hard to overcome.

48 minutes ago, SnowBlob said:

Why worshiping?? and then in this ep Mi Jung explained that worshipping means cheering them on... telling the other that they can do anything... I'm like...HUH?? Is that what it means by worshipping?? and how does that relate to making you feel whole???? maybe... but why can't that be 'love' instead?? (so I wonder maybe it is with the word 'worship' in korea maybe means that way?) 

I think it's reflective of MJ's (as well as her siblings') uncertainties in terms of what they really want and whether they know how to get them even if they think they know. Worshipping isn't just support, even if MJ puts it as "supporting no matter what", meaning supporting everything without reservations, second thoughts, or possibly even without corrections. In that sense, it is closer to worship then love, since when you're in love, you can still recognize flaws or mistakes they may make.

Overall, episode 3 was a bit slow and took me longer to watch then episode 4. The end of episode 4 surprised me, however, when it showed that Mr. Gu had stopped at Dangmi Station because he had caught sight of MJ when she was angry on the public phone, and that it had been confirmed with his own phone call later telling that he had been right to go on the run, but that it was good that he hadn't gone all the way, seemingly meaning to Mr. Gu's original destination. So, Mr. Gu has been aware of MJ from the first, despite keeping his distance from her. It sheds a new light on their interactions.

I also agree that CH's story isn't as interesting right now, when he is just lost. He sabotages his own relationships because he claims to see from their gazes that they start looking down on him. He also chatters far too much and far too repetitively. No idea who his love interest will be. I still wonder if it will be MJ's friend, the one she was drinking with in episode 4, but who knows.

The lingering shots of various characters sitting on benches or buses does seem to beg for a bit of ff-ing, but the story is interesting enough that I'm still watching.

• Insightful 4

I didn't expect Mr Gu to be a former athlete! That was some jump. But I am even more excited now because I think this family of 5 is just somehow getting through to him. Being an introvert myself IRL, I sometimes don't like to be bothered when I am feeling down because I need to get through things in my own time. So I kept feeling for him each time the siblings wanted more interactions and the mother kept asking him to eat. But in some ways, they are showing him concern and kindness, and I think it's hard not to be moved or affected by that. I loved it when he went and got the payment from the fussy customer. And you can see how observant he is when he said that MJ and her dad have the same personality. 

This show isn't plot driven or anything , and it may seem like nothing really happens. But yet I feel every episode that the characters are seeing some sort of growth or change. I know the pacing is not very fast but I actually look forward to every episode. Can't wait for eps 5

• Like 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

@mademoiselle we guessed right! He's using those ropes!!!! Well for one I'm glad that he didn't have to risk his life jumping that high over a distance without any aid :smug: Now I'm wondering why they wanted to show this part of him (being able to jump high and far)... unless he's really an athlete in the past or something that makes him able to do that. 

19 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

I loved it when he went and got the payment from the fussy customer

Hopefully they let us know in the future eps just how he managed to do that. And he seemed to be quite confident to be able to solve Mi Jeong's money problem too. 

Weekend is coming~~ Can't wait to see the next 2 eps~

• Like 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

23 minutes ago, Rina said:

How is my SSK doing in this drama?

I haven’t watched it yet.

May start from ep 4..:laugh:

It’s good . Watch watch !!! I’m in love with SSK’s character. 

haha look at this 

@SnowBlob the way he jumped - it  looked like he was an athlete . I think any normal person would pull a muscle . 😂 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Rina said:

@abs-oluteM oh you are in love with SSK character but I am in love with the man himself! :laugh:

I do love SSK since DS60 Days. He is one of the main reasons I was looking forward to this show. 

• Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 1
  • Clapping Hands 1