The Sword & The Brocade 锦心似玉 2021

Wow on episode 2 Shi Yi Niang passed the test that her sister set up unlike Er Niang failed the test because she really does have an axe to grind. Lady Qiao seems greedy , selfish and full of schemes. She tried to meet her cousin in secret and yea was spilt on her. Lol lol 

• Like 5

Favorite Favorite Artist  Bae Doona, Moon Chae Won, Gong Hyo Jin, Cho Seung Woo, Jang Hyuk,, Jo In Sung,  Gong Yoo

Drama watching now: Plot Love,  Chimera ,The Psychologist, Always have,Always will , Show Windows: Queens House

3 minutes ago, AwkwarDerp said:

I am going to stop coming here until I start watching this. :mad:

Ooppps I will start writing it in spoiler tags. Sorry 

@AwkwarDerp

• Like 4

Favorite Favorite Artist  Bae Doona, Moon Chae Won, Gong Hyo Jin, Cho Seung Woo, Jang Hyuk,, Jo In Sung,  Gong Yoo

Drama watching now: Plot Love,  Chimera ,The Psychologist, Always have,Always will , Show Windows: Queens House

yea Episode 3 

Another amazing episode and I am hooked.      Spoilers Ahead

Spoiler

Yu Niang is truly a scheming Eldes Daughter of the Luo family. She is terminally ill and she has to make the necessary preparations to protect her son and father. She found her husband mistress 

• Like 5

3 hours ago, UnniSara said:

yea Episode 3 

Another amazing episode and I am hooked.      Spoilers Ahead

Hide contents

Yu Niang is truly a scheming Eldes Daughter of the Luo family. She is terminally ill and she has to make the necessary preparations to protect her son and father. She found her husband mistress 

we definitely need to get use to this as this is very close to how these big families are back in those days sigh 

• Like 5

my very first thought when i first saw the poster is that great casting....

and after yesterday im satisfied.....it does promote how a big families back in those days actually work.....

daughters are only meant to be a tool so far....and even if your husband love you, he cant show it in an obvious manner that he care for you as a mean to protect you....

as much as i dont favor concubine stories.....im watching this and im happy with the subtle and luke warm chemistry in between all the cast....

Fang XiaoLi as Madam Luo actually portray the Madam air that i always believe should be or what i had in mind for someone of her status should act...someone who is firm and also calculative to ensure she has everything in her hands and also that everything is in her hands.....

definitely a show i will keep watching to see how it progress lols....luckily its only 43 episodes case to be honest i dont think i can stay for long to see women fighting each other 

• Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 1
4 hours ago, NiteWalker said:

YuanNiang is the Jr version of her very own mother.....Madam Luo

Old Madam Xu had already planned it out however YuanNiang too had her own planning  

Very true abs it was scary . 

• Like 4

I have to say that SongYun portrayal of ShiYi Niang is really good for me....i like her manners and the way she is gentle with a firm hands and also she has brain and is good enough to know to hold her horses to avoid trouble.....

g9PEiNl.jpg

Wallace Chung as Xu LingYi he is cold and firm, and he held certain affection for YuanNiang and worried for her....though from times to times her action is driving him away from her sides, of course he has a cold interior and cheesy and also checky sides to him...gotta say he has enough patience too....he knows when to push and when to pull when it comes to his wifes....

MXzC2Vk.jpg

• Like 4

Madame Luo by Fang XiaoLi actually nail down how a First Madam will react to all the concubines children....its not everyday we will have a good first Madam...she is heartless as she doesnt mind to trample all over you to get what she want and to protect her very own either....

fPRez6t.jpg

Madame Xu by WuMian is just want  you know of a mother who will plan ahead...her son first wife is dying....and she make it obvious by having the cousin visiting their manor all the times....she make it obvious to her son who she want as the next Madame Xu...unfortunately for her that not very likely to happen...

EnlXb7Y.jpg

• Like 3
18 minutes ago, Alice Wonderland said:

Aww.. she looks so pretty!! Our jian jian Tang So Yun, really miss uer sijcr GAH ended. 

@NiteWalker I like the ost, he sings so well and wholeheartedly immersed into it. And thebclips full of spoilers. Sweet scenes a lot. Lols. In order to watch this, I have tu put on hold some of my currently watching cdramas. I'm watching so many. Lols. 

hehehee....welcome welcome.....come and join us hahaha...the ride is nice to be honest....and im loving the lines that is drawn out slowly....

while watching so many women aftering 1 guy is never in my book, however i love how LingYi is treating all his women, he seems to be fair towards them all...not exceptionally good or not exceptionally outcasting them either...........

he seems to be a fair character tried to be as fair as possible to all his wives...

• Like 3

& @NiteWalker The General must have low EQ. His wives scare him because he doesn’t know how far they will go for what they want. 
I wonder how many of you agree with the General’s mom that all his wives love him. I think they love their husband but crave power for themselves and their father's ambitions.

Shi Yi Niang’s maid is irritating me a lot. She will get her mistress in trouble one day. Yes she is loyal and love her but she is always forgetting that her master has no power. Smh smh  @NiteWalker LiYing already likes his wife. Twice now , he felt a bit embarrassed about what he thinks. 
Welcome @Alice Wonderland 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

I was supposed to continue on ZZH 's drama...but my itchy fingers clicked on this . 

I am usually not a fan of all these concubine dramas but somehow I was quite hooked and watched 2 episodes. How come Wallace looks like he never ages ? :Mimed: 

And goodness why are there so many hateful women? 

I don't envy being born in that era - all the scheming among the harem is scary . The women here for their own survival become its gender's  on worst  enemy. It is not surprising in many historical shows  but it seems particularly amplified  in such dramas. I know that the men hold the titles and become the objects of desire for women wishing to secure a better life , and it would seem that the women are at these men's mercies. Yet in this show I feel more sorry for  Wallace's character Xu Ling Yi. He seems to be more at the mercy of his mother and official 1st wife ( Yi Niang's sister). I bet he'd rather be away on mission then have to deal with the harem politics.  LOL!

Xu Ling Yi seems like a decent enough man - perhaps often misunderstood as being cold & unfeeling. I was particularly sorry for him  that YiNiang's eldest sis orchestrated that whole situation to ensure Lian Fang only ends up as a concubine. It's her strategy to ensure that there'll be nothing in the way for her sister to end up marrying into the household  so that her son can be looked after once she dies. XLY's disappointment at this tactic of hers seem to suggest that he had much affection for her and hence rather disappointed.

Shi Yi Niang is a rather bright young girl. Given her mother's own position and the hardship they had to endure , Yi Niang has grown up to adapt &  read between the lines. She's clever without being cunning. I am looking forward to her interactions with XLY since she didn't get such a good impression of him in these early episodes. 

• Clapping Hands 4

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: The Impossible Heir - Fri-Sat:  -  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - In Blossom, Guess Who I Am

@UnniSarawowww...hold on. In what ep are you now?? I finished ep 4. Now thinking should i continue with unsub ep or waiting till sub come out.

@abs-oluteM So true...if i'm the one of concubine...probably i wouldn't be survive. :nervous:living in harem really scare me. You have to be powerful to survive. 

well this is the 1st drama that giving me headache in the early ep...while the rest only started in ep 6-8 and above.  

• Like 3
  • Insightful 1
25 minutes ago, Yana said:

@UnniSarawowww...hold on. In what ep are you now?? I finished ep 4. Now thinking should i continue with unsub ep or waiting till sub come out.

@abs-oluteM So true...if i'm the one of concubine...probably i wouldn't be survive. :nervous:living in harem really scare me. You have to be powerful to survive. 

well this is the 1st drama that giving me headache in the early ep...while the rest only started in ep 6-8 and above.  

Hi @Yana  I am on episode 10 , just finished it. I am so hooked, I am like 2 episode 

giphy.gif to satisfy me . I have no idea how I would act if I was a concubine.  I believe it is different for everyone because some concubine children are raise by the Main wife and not their birth mom. In this drama these girl were lucky to have been raised by their mothers. 

Keep watchingt this drama @abs-oluteM and you will be hooked like me. I find LiNiang to be an evil woman. after the way her mom treated Shi Yi Nian and her mother. She expecterd her to care for her son and protect him. Even her mom is evil , why she is still trying to control Shi Yi Niang and mistreat her. What a vile woman. I just saw clips of what is to come, I advise you guys not to watch. It will make you sad, it has made me really sad. 

• Like 3
  • Clapping Hands 1