The Sword & The Brocade 锦心似玉 2021

47 minutes ago, movingwheel said:

Gosh i miss this... Being a fan of both TSY and wallace chung it is breaking my heart that i am not able to see it real-time... :(

Welcome @movingwheel  please give us your imput when you can. :wow:

• Like 6

Favorite Favorite Artist  Bae Doona, Moon Chae Won, Gong Hyo Jin, Cho Seung Woo, Jang Hyuk,, Jo In Sung,  Gong Yoo

Drama watching now: Plot Love,  Chimera ,The Psychologist, Always have,Always will , Show Windows: Queens House

Ooo. So I finally finished episode 1 and what we did was I fill in books detail to help explain the story

side note: this drama is progressing very well so far

I did felt slightly very weird at the beginning because Yuanniang and 11 are sister.... for them to marry the same man (i know its completely normal) but i am very excited to see how things turn out

• Like 6

currently watching: Love Me Love My Voice, A Journey To Love

currently translating: The Legend of Jewelry 

3 minutes ago, AwkwarDerp said:

Ooo. So I finally finished episode 1 and what we did was I fill in books detail to help explain the story

side note: this drama is progressing very well so far

I did felt slightly very weird at the beginning because Yuanniang and 11 are sister.... for them to marry the same man (i know its completely normal) but i am very excited to see how things turn out

yuanniang is passing soon....besides back in those days it’s never wrong for sisters to share the same husband ... it’s happen

• Like 3
  • Clapping Hands 1
1 minute ago, NiteWalker said:

yuanniang is passing soon....besides back in those days it’s never wrong for sisters to share the same husband ... it’s happen

Yup thats why I said its completely normal but I just want to see how it unfold for them 

we’re doing episode 2 tonight. I lowkey want to buy vip now

• Like 3

4 hours ago, UnniSara said:

& @NiteWalker The General must have low EQ. His wives scare him because he doesn’t know how far they will go for what they want. 
I wonder how many of you agree with the General’s mom that all his wives love him. I think they love their husband but crave power for themselves and their father's ambitions.

Shi Yi Niang’s maid is irritating me a lot. She will get her mistress in trouble one day. Yes she is loyal and love her but she is always forgetting that her master has no power. Smh smh  @NiteWalker LiYing already likes his wife. Twice now , he felt a bit embarrassed about what he thinks. 
Welcome @Alice Wonderland 

yes all his wives love him first and then the power or things he can bring to their maternal families....

the same happen to shiyiniang’s sister too....she love her Husband at the beginning however later on it was for the power that her husband is able to bring her

remember how she argue with her LingYi because he gave up his promotions for some better conditions for the folks 

2 minutes ago, AwkwarDerp said:

Yup thats why I said its completely normal but I just want to see how it unfold for them 

we’re doing episode 2 tonight. I lowkey want to buy vip now

lols I’m up to episode 10 like @UnniSara lols I kinda think the drama worth the dollar for vip

5 hours ago, Yana said:

I really to punch er niang face right now, how dare she pretended to be yi niang. :laugh:The father...he can't do anything to help  his daughter.as much as i hate lian fang...petty to her for being accused something that she didn't do. 

i don’t know how u feel... to me it’s more like the father is kinda like a puppet....

• Like 3
  • Clapping Hands 1

Episode 2: when ShiYi fought with the vendor over money, I couldn’t help but scream Jinxia

side note; these romantic music that played during Daddi and Songyun are giving me happy vibes but i’m use to Songyun being a respectful-graceful lady :wow: 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

13 minutes ago, NiteWalker said:

hahaha you're still stuck with her JinXia image? lols ....in ShiYi her cheekiness is more subtle to be honest lols

LOL i don’t think i can get jinxia off my head, especially if she start fighting over food and money, 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

14 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

I don't envy being born in that era - all the scheming among the harem is scary . The women here for their own survival become its gender's  on worst  enemy. It is not surprising in many historical shows  but it seems particularly amplified  in such dramas. I know that the men hold the titles and become the objects of desire for women wishing to secure a better life , and it would seem that the women are at these men's mercies. Yet in this show I feel more sorry for  Wallace's character Xu Ling Yi. He seems to be more at the mercy of his mother and official 1st wife ( Yi Niang's sister). I bet he'd rather be away on mission then have to deal with the harem politics.  LOL!

hahaha im glad you decided to join us....i know how u feel cause i dont like the harem either too....though after watching the very first episodes im glad i took the dip too .....

cause i can see that LingYi is trying to be as fair as possible to all his wives and of course maintaining the respect he had for his mother too....

5 hours ago, Alice Wonderland said:

@NiteWalker honestly this never be my cup of tea to watch something like one guy with many women, wondering how could love be shared to many like this, so unfaithfuly fair. Lols. 

I always avoid this kind of story as it mostly close to makjang drama type. ,But for TSY, I'll try to watch first. Okay, how many wives does he have?

same here...i never like that kind of drama & i avoided it at all cost if possible....

however like u just for TSY im watching it and i have no regrets....

total including ShiYiNiang is 5....however now he is left with 4 as ShiyiNiang sister passed away  which was why ShiYi married LingYi after 1 year of the wife passing

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Insightful 1
  • Heart Eyes 2
13 minutes ago, NiteWalker said:

total including ShiYiNiang is 5....however now he is left with 4 as ShiyiNiang sister passed away  which was why ShiYi married LingYi after 1 year of the wife passing

:Mimed: 4?? hope along the way they all got eliminated and left only SYN, you know I love the guy who only loves one girl all his life. Haha

The opening ost is sung by the same singer you posted on first page? If I didnt see him singing, he sounds so feminine, cant believe it. Nice voice!

Edited by Alice Wonderland
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4
1 minute ago, Alice Wonderland said:

:Mimed: 4?? hope along the way they all got eliminate and left only SYN, you onow I love the guy who only loves one girl all his life. Haha

er.... i cant tell u if that is possible however Shiyi will become the highlight in LingYi's life for sure....

@Lynne will all the wife stay wife....of course except that LianFang :x

• Like 3
34 minutes ago, Alice Wonderland said:

The opening ost is sung by the same singer you posted on first page? If I didnt see him singing, he sounds so feminine, cant believe it. Nice voice!

I too thought it was a woman singing. He sang the OTP theme or Opening theme song in General and I. I even bought the song @Alice Wonderland

ShiYiNiang does become the highlight of his life. I kinda saw trailer of his feeling in the further

spoiler below

Spoiler

HIS MOTHER IS THE SOLE PROBLEM OF HAREM LIFE. She disregard her son’s feelings when she know the type of man he is.  She is so ungrateful. 

• Like 5
  • Star Struck 1

Favorite Favorite Artist  Bae Doona, Moon Chae Won, Gong Hyo Jin, Cho Seung Woo, Jang Hyuk,, Jo In Sung,  Gong Yoo

Drama watching now: Plot Love,  Chimera ,The Psychologist, Always have,Always will , Show Windows: Queens House

23 minutes ago, UnniSara said:

I too thought it was a woman singing. He sang the OTP theme or Opening theme song in General and I. I even bought the song @Alice Wonderland

he became of my fav singer after i heard him in this duet i was really amaze of his voice

23 minutes ago, UnniSara said:

Hide contents

HIS MOTHER IS THE SOLE PROBLEM OF HAREM LIFE. She disregard her son’s feelings when she know the type of man he is.  She is so ungrateful. 

u know something that always cross my minds on this....the mother went thru what the wives had all went thru...

so why does the mother had to force the son to marry another when the son is reluctant? this was the sole problem with all the women back in those period and the main reason why their life was never peaceful to begin with as they need to plan and be caution all the times....

Spoiler

also why ShiYi wanted to ran away because she didnt want her life to be all about marriage, unfortunately she is destiny to be with LingYi

• Like 5
  • Clapping Hands 1

Ep 1 

I shall try no 🥇 JangHaven most anticipated drama. And I think I'm going to like this. Why? Because it seems it's not so usual. 😆🤣😅

- I'm shocked, so he's not bachelor. He got wife, concubine and son. And mind you it's real big group!

- Main wife sick, I thought she will die soon. But doesn't seems going to happen soon. Anyway, he got concubine too. 

- Do he still need additional wife? Ahahaha. I have to say it's interesting. 

@abs-oluteMcome here? No? Haha... 

Eh hi @Alice Wonderland😆

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

ezgif-com-gif-maker-47.gif

I am here @SilverMoonTea....I am already at eps 7 liao.. :cool:

GOODNESSS......all this harem politics is killing me . I wanted to tear my hair just watching the scheming and power play between the women. But I don't know if I can blame them entirely since given those times , their fates and that of their families are tied to whom they marry. The position and power that they have ( wife vs concubines)   will ensure that they can secure favours, have some clout in the decisions made and ensure that their own offspring  marries well - perpetuating this never ending cycle where women's fates are so dependent on their betrothal prospects. Just glad that I ain't born in that era.

Despite all the scheming and engineering by YiNiang's annoying 2nd sister to have her marry that awful Duke Wang Yu,  she ended up having to marry him instead. I could not help but laugh at her failed move - its her karma for sure . The other irritating one is Lian Fang , who through some clever manipulation by Yi Niang's eldest sister, ended up a concubine. Not exactly a position she wanted but Lian Fang, determined to have her foot in the door of the Xu household swallows her pride & agrees to the arrangement. While I see that the 2nd sis will be less of a threat to YiNiang , Lian Fang is going to perpetually sabotage Yi Niang and undermine her authority even though YiNiang is now the official wife.

Once again, the impressions I get off Xu Ling Yi is that he is a one-woman man . It was clear he had some affections for his 1st wife though things turned sour towards the end. If there were no affections, he would not have agreed to marry YiNiang to fulfill her dying wish. He was clearly sad that she died. This is important because this means that once he falls for YiNiang , it is her that will rule his heart.  I doubt that having the other concubines were his idea , and he does not see them as joy but rather as a burden.

I supposed at the end of the day it was YiNiang's fate to be his official 1st wife considering the amount of incidents that happened before this including her mother's death. I do wonder who killed her mother & I am guessing that the little monk with information has been taken elsewhere to keep his mouth shut.

Anyway after more than 6 episodes of women bickering and all, I was just glad that my patience was paid off  - finally  the leads together. This was somewhat quite funny...I can understand her nervousness as a young inexperienced girl of 16 . To his credit, he was a gentleman through and through understanding her fears & not pushing himself on her.

7X3OjJG.png

FyDopAO.png

• Haha 4
  • Heart Eyes 3

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  -  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - 

6 minutes ago, abs-oluteM said:

I am here @SilverMoonTea....I am already at eps 7 liao.. :cool:

Ahahaha I already knew this type of scandalous drama shall have us as passenger 😆 Okay, I actually thought this drama should be simpler. Who knows I'll be dealing with group of harem :popcorn:

7 minutes ago, abs-oluteM said:

The other irritating one is Lian Fang , who through some clever manipulation by Yi Niang's eldest sister, ended up a concubine.

She has been given a way to reject the proposal to become concubine. But seems she really want him (not sure if its his position or she want the handsome man for herself 😄, me thinks its the latter). 

9 minutes ago, abs-oluteM said:

GOODNESSS......all this harem politics is killing me . I wanted to tear my hair just watching the scheming and power play between the women.

No wonder the man himself seldom stay at home for long. Can imagine him having headache with all this women :laugh:And I was shocked the first wife & Shiyi are sister. My brain almost can't take this... ahaha... 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

ezgif-com-gif-maker-47.gif

10 hours ago, SilverMoonTea said:

I'm shocked, so he's not bachelor. He got wife, concubine and son. And mind you it's real big group!

I'm much shocked that he has more than one kid. :lettalKWA:

Do he still need additional wife? Ahahaha. I have to say it's interesting. 

Well.. lets see for more episodes, the only thing that I cant really stand is if SY can fight back from her family bullying, especially her step mom and sister. They're so irritating!

And it's interesting cause your comments all are so entertaining. Hahaha

• Haha 6
11 hours ago, SilverMoonTea said:

- I'm shocked, so he's not bachelor. He got wife, concubine and son. And mind you it's real big group!

well the olden days they always says the more the merrier....hahaha

10 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

GOODNESSS......all this harem politics is killing me .

irritating to be honest.... i hate harem politics.....

10 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

Despite all the scheming and engineering by YiNiang's annoying 2nd sister to have her marry that awful Duke Wang Yu,  she ended up having to marry him instead. I could not help but laugh at her failed move - its her karma for sure . The other irritating one is Lian Fang , who through some clever manipulation by Yi Niang's eldest sister, ended up a concubine. Not exactly a position she wanted but Lian Fang, determined to have her foot in the door of the Xu household swallows her pride & agrees to the arrangement. While I see that the 2nd sis will be less of a threat to YiNiang , Lian Fang is going to perpetually sabotage Yi Niang and undermine her authority even though YiNiang is now the official wife.

well....YuanNiang is not going to have it....she is dying and she knew it....so the best way to entrust her son with someone from her own blood...and they pick ShiYi thinking that Madame Xu are able to control her however. ShiYi is someone with her own minds and not so easily control......

I like how ErNiang have it slap in her face.....ShiYi was clever enough to send WangYu her picture....which is why WangYu came and rush in and capture ErNiang instead......he didnt like ShiYi from the start due she stop his advance on the Embroidery Madam though i like how all of them turn away when WangYu kiss ErNiang in front of them all to make her his.....

im still thinking to myself....just because a kiss, their fate is seal? I guess we should be lucky we arent staying in that era at all....

She has been given a way to reject the proposal to become concubine. But seems she really want him (not sure if its his position or she want the handsome man for herself 😄, me thinks its the latter). 

she love him in a certain way i think...however of course still she like him at a certain lvl....

• Like 4
13 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

Once again, the impressions I get off Xu Ling Yi is that he is a one-woman man . It was clear he had some affections for his 1st wife though things turned sour towards the end. If there were no affections, he would not have agreed to marry YiNiang to fulfill her dying wish.

I agree chingu, Xu Ling Yi is a

one woman man. He hates the harem politics abs that is why he is always working. The problem with his wives is that all them are high Maintenance. XLY is a very humble fellow and chooses live incognito.

Only ShiYiNiang can make him upset with her words. Lol 

giphy.gif?cid=5e21488660c0f734289bae3871

@Yana Thanks for sharing that tweet. 

• Like 3
  • Heart Eyes 2

Shi YiNaiang’s sharp tongue and the way she stares at husband makes him so frustrated. :wow:

giphy.gif?cid=5e214886b5fff4dc97e31e06ee

This house interior design is so beautiful and Shi YiNiang sitting in it is just makes it so much more memorable 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Heart Eyes 1