The Sword & The Brocade 锦心似玉 2021

@NiteWalker @asg002

I remember that scene and it was indeed the same dress that LianFang was wearing. YunNiang asked Nanny to got rid of the dress because she doesn't want people to found out that LianFang went inside that room to changed out her wet stained dress NOT to deliberately took off her cloth to seduced HouYe. That dress is an evidence that her dress was indeed stained and got wet.

Edited by OsmanthusTea
  • Like 1
5 hours ago, OsmanthusTea said:

@NiteWalker @asg002

I remember that scene and it was indeed the same dress that LianFang was wearing. YunNiang asked Nanny to got rid of the dress because she doesn't want people to found out that LianFang went inside that room to changed out her wet stained dress NOT to deliberately took off her cloth to seduced HouYe. That dress is an evidence that her dress was indeed stained and got wet.

ah now i remember...it was part of YunNiang plot to frame LianFang so that she will never took over her place when she leave

• Like 1
21 minutes ago, NiteWalker said:

ah now i remember...it was part of YunNiang plot to frame LianFang so that she will never took over her place when she leave

Yes, YunNiang was trying to paints LiangFang as a Hu LiXing who is trying to seduces HouYe by taking off her clothes in his room while actually YunNiang was the one plotting to stained her clothes by spilling tea on it and brought her into HouYe's room to get changes. So the stained clothes must not be found by anyone so YunNiang told Nanny to got rid of it.

• Like 1
On 7/10/2021 at 2:58 AM, OsmanthusTea said:

@NiteWalker @asg002

Thanks so much for answering! Oh, I thought she was wearing the tea-stained dress again after it was dry during the discussion of her becoming a concubine. What was she wearing instead? 

• Like 2
31 minutes ago, OsmanthusTea said:

31 minutes ago, OsmanthusTea said:

She was given another dress from HouYe’s mansion’s wardrobe department, I presumed…:cool: Every rich household at that time had wardrobe department.

Oh, ok.. so we're to presume that she changed into another dress & Yunniang's people got ahold of the stained one. I thought I missed something obvious, even after multi re-watches. Haha. Thank you!

• Like 2
38 minutes ago, NiteWalker said:

u need to forgive the editing team, sometimes they are very bad

Haha, that's what I've learned from watching some episodes many times! I haven't gotten to that part again yet but did the series explain how the fabric piece that SYN found in her mother's hands & that she discovered matched the Xu family's old fabric ended up as Ou Li Xing's clothes?

• Haha 1

Another re-watch, another question (or 2). :D

How old is Houye supposed to be? We know that SYN is 15 @ the beginning so she would be 16 or 17 when she is married off to him but did anyone mention his age? 

Anyone who's watched in the original language and with English subtitles, how accurate was the subtitling? I noticed that the subtitle team often used English slang, which was silly to me given the setting, and I read that the subtitling during SYN's speech to Houye before the kiss lost a lot of meaning in translation.

Thanks!

Edited by asg002
  • Like 1