K-Ent Grapevine

Baeksang Arts Awards 2022 - Drama Poll ( Vote for your favorites!)   

9 members have voted

1. 1. Best Drama

• Netflix “D.P.”
    • tvN “Twenty Five, Twenty One”
    • Netflix “Squid Game”
    • MBC “The Red Sleeve”
    • wavve “Political Fever”
  2. 2. Best Actor

• Kim Nam Gil – SBS “Through the Darkness”
    • Lee Jung Jae – Netflix “Squid Game”
    • Lee Junho – MBC “The Red Sleeve”
    • Im Siwan – wavve “Tracer”
    • Jung Hae In – Netflix “D.P.”
  3. 3. Best Actress

• Kim Tae Ri – tvN “Twenty Five, Twenty One”
    • Kim Hye Soo – Netflix “Juvenile Justice”
    • Park Eun Bin – KBS2 “The King’s Affection”
    • Lee Se Young – MBC “The Red Sleeve”
    • Han So Hee – Netflix “My Name”
  4. 4. Best Supporting Actor

• Lee Deok Hwa – MBC “The Red Sleeve”
    • Lee Hak Joo – wavve “Political Fever”
    • Lee Hyun Wook – tvN “Mine”
    • Cho Hyun Chul – Netflix “D.P.”
    • Heo Sung Tae – Netflix “Squid Game”
  5. 5. Best Supporting Actress

• Kang Mal Geum – JTBC “Thirty-Nine”
    • Kim Shin Rok – Netflix “Hellbound”
    • Kim Joo Ryung – Netflix “Squid Game”
    • Ok Ja Yeon – tvN “Mine”
    • Jang Hye Jin – MBC “The Red Sleeve”
  6. 6. Best New Actor

• Goo Kyo Hwan – Netflix “D.P.”
    • Shin Seung Ho – Netflix “D.P.”
    • Yoo In Soo – Netflix “All of Us Are Dead”
    • Choi Hyun Wook – tvN “Twenty Five, Twenty One”
    • Tang Joon Sang – SBS “Racket Boys”
  7. 7. Best New Actress

• Kim Hye Joon – JTBC “Inspector Koo”
    • Lee Yeon – Netflix “Juvenile Justice”
    • Lee Yoo Mi – Netflix “All of Us Are Dead”
    • Jung Ho Yeon – Netflix “Squid Game”
    • Cho Yi Hyun – Netflix “All of Us Are Dead”

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 05/05/2022 at 03:59 PM

22 hours ago, JenL said:

But the thing I dread is that I heard one of the idol agencies were involved in the contract so it's likely to cast their stars 

I hope not! In some ways, it'll be nice if they cast an actor who's looking for their big break the way Greg Hsu was. 

• Like 3
47 minutes ago, SilverMoonTea said:

no idea what OTT platform is... but soundss amazzzing

It stands for "over-the-top" which is usually used in this type of context to say that it'll be shown on an online streaming service/website. If it's a global one, could that mean Netflix? :pandathink:

• Like 3
  • Insightful 1
  • Clapping Hands 1
11 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

I would think Kim Ji Won, Lee Jong Suk and Park Seo Joon a bit too old for this coz I remember they would have to play students..? Not that PSJ and LJS hadn't played students in the last 2-3 years.

They should go for some younger actors. I can see LDH , Song Kang doing this. Even Nam Joo Hyuk can pass. 

• Like 4

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

On 2/22/2021 at 9:25 PM, mademoiselle said:

I really need to find time to watch this.

@JenL

Jist curious...Who do you think suits the FL & ML in SK? Can't be too old right coz needs to be in school too?

You know I saw this message a few days ago, but I was like, I'll have a think before I answer...but still no answer! :laugh: 

Yeah, I totally believe the actors shouldn't be too young or too old...The actors have to play several aged versions of two different characters each...so they need to look young but also age up as well!

To be fair in the original Taiwanese version, the female lead is Alice Ke and she was 35 when she played the role. The male lead was Greg Hsu who was 30...But they still look young and were very convincing in their roles! :idk: 

• Like 3
  • Insightful 1

Currently watching: Doctor Slump // Queen of Tears // The Impossible Heir

Current Obsessions: ❤ Lee Jae wook // Park Hyung Sik // Yoon Park

Podcast: These Dramatic Days

On 2/23/2021 at 2:07 PM, Tofu said:

I hope not! In some ways, it'll be nice if they cast an actor who's looking for their big break the way Greg Hsu was. 

Yes! Totally  agree. The roles should be based on acting merit and giving it to a new star ripe for a lead role would be better than giving it to a well known actor who didn't put as much heart into it :lenny:

On 2/24/2021 at 5:23 PM, mademoiselle said:

@JenL I'd be delighted to open a drama thread for this but there's no formal / official announcement for Park Eun Bin and Rowoon yet.

Yeah, I like to hear confirmation from their agencies first. I feel like nothing is set in stone until they formally announce it 

On 2/25/2021 at 3:51 PM, Tofu said:

@abs-oluteM - The mustache is back. :pandasadspoon:

@Tofu LJW to cameo in Move to Heaven  :BulbaOWO:

On 2/26/2021 at 9:52 PM, mademoiselle said:

I would think Kim Ji Won, Lee Jong Suk and Park Seo Joon a bit too old for this coz I remember they would have to play students..? Not that PSJ and LJS hadn't played students in the last 2-3 years.

I agree.... I think people have said PSJ's name because he looks like the second lead character Mo Jun Jie (But if attached to this project, I don't think he would be keen to play 2nd lead anyway??) 

Of that list, I think the closest candidates are Lee Do Hyun and Nam Joo Hyuk. I can see them doing ok with the school boy element of the character...but it's like the other versions that I don't know about (mainly for Nam Joo Hyuk, who can be a bit of a hit and miss) :thinking: Maybe it's just Lee Do Hyun in the running :laugh:

The character of the male lead, Li Zi Wei, has to be the right amount of immature, charismatic schoolboy and then later on in his older age, someone who has seen great tragedy and will do anything to stop tragedies from unfolding. :heart:

I wonder how they would adapt the drama though. The story revolves around an old Taiwanese rock song...like it's plays in every episode and the lyrics are very central to the meaning and feel of the drama...they would have to change the song and that feels a little dangerous to the story unless there is a similar Korean song? Or this is a very loose adaptation? :thinking::idk:

• Like 4

The Taiwanese actors of Someday or One Day jokingly weigh in on which Korean actors should play their parts in the K-drama remake.

Greg joked if Alice could still be female lead, he hopes his character would by played by Gong Yoo so she can happily act alongside him :laugh: 

Alice jokingly said Park Seo Joon or her husband (lol, not a Korean though) :laugh: 

LOL I'm just trying to picture Gong Yoo in a school uniform these days. He's pretty, but might be a stretch!

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, JenL said:

LOL I'm just trying to picture Gong Yoo in a school uniform these days. He's pretty, but might be a stretch!

Hahaha!! I don't know if I can picture Gong Yoo going around in a school uniform like that either. Park Seo Jun though...I can get behind that. :heart:

• Haha 2

@mademoiselle - At this rate, I might end up adopting him. So many dramas and it'll probably be on Netflix too. :eeeee:

12 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

I forgot what the story of that KBS drama is about...but KBS hadn't have much luck maybe Min Jae should think twice.

Neither do I....LOL!

• Haha 2
1 hour ago, Tofu said:

@abs-oluteM - Why does it have to be called Finger? That just sounds odd...haha!

@JenL - Hahaha! Because LJW declined it, it's now gone to Kim Min Jae. Please say no. :yoongibtspls:

Finger is such a weird name for a drama. It either sounds kinda creepy or offensive? :thinking:

Hahaha, Ah, this drama again....we are not really fans of our oppas being paired with PGY :laugh:

49 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

I forgot what the story of that KBS drama is about...but KBS hadn't have much luck maybe Min Jae should think twice. 😛

36 minutes ago, Tofu said:

Neither do I....LOL!

Because I had to see all the LJW rumours with that drama, I remember it well. It's like some guy (a CEO of a food company) whose family made their fortunes from selling pork stew decides he wants to 'steal/acquire' an art gallery from a Director of an art gallery. The male character is apparently not very smart :pandaheadstomp:

I kind of like stories about art galleries and museums. In some ways it reminds me of My Private Life. But...I find the male character's storyline bizarre...why does a food company CEO want an art gallery? :thinking: Also why is his pork stew background important? But I guess a lot of dramas sound weird until you see the visuals and watch the story unfold. :idk:

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

Hahaha I've no issue with the actress. It's more with KBS. They are not having very good luck so I prefer my Oppa deul to stay away from this station for this year, LOL. Go with the cable station!

Hahaha, it's more @Tofu and me that have preference not for the pairings :lenny:

That is also true about KBS. Haha, I know a bunch of LJW fans wanted him to stay away from KBS because they were still sore about the ending of DDSSLLS...though to be fair, I feel like that might be more the writer's fault...But KBS does seem to be the witch-hunting grounds this year...and just the station with the worst luck so far...so just stay away for safety  :laugh:

Ohhh, I didn't know Disney+ have entered the market for Asian dramas? I like Chae Soo Bin.

Disney+ actually hold the rights to the original Someday or One Day through Fox...wonder if they will leverage it on their channels.

• Like 2

@JenL @Tofu Apparently the ML is the second son of a noveau rich family so he's not "sophisticated" and had always wanted to make it into the high society. He's also lack education. Whereas the FL is from a notable family and can speak 7 languages. She owns and work at the art museum but was losing the art museum.

Chinese translation which tells us more, @Tofu you can read Chinese too right?

Spoiler

劇中飾演F&B事業部常務陳武學一角。學生時期一直是全校倒數第一,連像樣的大學畢業證也沒有的人物,他是全球擁有400多家加盟店的全球餐飲連鎖店的次子。他們家本是沒有招牌的小土豆湯店,後來變成了全球連鎖餐飲店。

此劇講述了一字不識的暴發戶想要從名門望族女兒手裡搶奪美術館卻意外陷入愛情的故事。 主要刻畫了成長背景,學歷,個人取向,財力,價值觀完全不同的兩個男女以美術館為媒介相遇,互理解相互改變的成長過程。

由《Healer》《僅此一次的愛情》李政燮導演執導,《魔女的愛情》《精彩的一天》孫恩惠編劇和朴世恩編劇共同執筆。

I don't think it sounds too bad as long as it's executed well.

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Like 3