K-Ent Grapevine

Baeksang Arts Awards 2022 - Drama Poll ( Vote for your favorites!)   

9 members have voted

1. 1. Best Drama

• Netflix “D.P.”
    • tvN “Twenty Five, Twenty One”
    • Netflix “Squid Game”
    • MBC “The Red Sleeve”
    • wavve “Political Fever”
  2. 2. Best Actor

• Kim Nam Gil – SBS “Through the Darkness”
    • Lee Jung Jae – Netflix “Squid Game”
    • Lee Junho – MBC “The Red Sleeve”
    • Im Siwan – wavve “Tracer”
    • Jung Hae In – Netflix “D.P.”
  3. 3. Best Actress

• Kim Tae Ri – tvN “Twenty Five, Twenty One”
    • Kim Hye Soo – Netflix “Juvenile Justice”
    • Park Eun Bin – KBS2 “The King’s Affection”
    • Lee Se Young – MBC “The Red Sleeve”
    • Han So Hee – Netflix “My Name”
  4. 4. Best Supporting Actor

• Lee Deok Hwa – MBC “The Red Sleeve”
    • Lee Hak Joo – wavve “Political Fever”
    • Lee Hyun Wook – tvN “Mine”
    • Cho Hyun Chul – Netflix “D.P.”
    • Heo Sung Tae – Netflix “Squid Game”
  5. 5. Best Supporting Actress

• Kang Mal Geum – JTBC “Thirty-Nine”
    • Kim Shin Rok – Netflix “Hellbound”
    • Kim Joo Ryung – Netflix “Squid Game”
    • Ok Ja Yeon – tvN “Mine”
    • Jang Hye Jin – MBC “The Red Sleeve”
  6. 6. Best New Actor

• Goo Kyo Hwan – Netflix “D.P.”
    • Shin Seung Ho – Netflix “D.P.”
    • Yoo In Soo – Netflix “All of Us Are Dead”
    • Choi Hyun Wook – tvN “Twenty Five, Twenty One”
    • Tang Joon Sang – SBS “Racket Boys”
  7. 7. Best New Actress

• Kim Hye Joon – JTBC “Inspector Koo”
    • Lee Yeon – Netflix “Juvenile Justice”
    • Lee Yoo Mi – Netflix “All of Us Are Dead”
    • Jung Ho Yeon – Netflix “Squid Game”
    • Cho Yi Hyun – Netflix “All of Us Are Dead”

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 05/05/2022 at 03:59 PM

11 hours ago, mademoiselle said:
@JenLwill be super happy!

I am super happyyyyy and I can see so is @Tofu  :CharmanderYay::heart::hearties:

Or maybe I'm just relieved that if he's cast in stuff that agency departure was weird but hopefully all just bad communications.

I don't mind this pairing either. The girl is a super new rookie who has only really been listed as a side character in School Nurse Files? I think that picture above is not super flattering but she looks cute in other pics: https://mydramalist.com/people/51787-park-hye-eun

I also had to look up Hong sisters to see which projects they'd done before. I liked Hotel Del Luna and Sassy Girl Chun-Hyang. I never watched You're Beautiful, but I hate it for it's super toxic male lead. Never watched Big , but heard it was a flop also. Seems like a mixed bag :thinking:- Any thoughts on the writers @mademoiselle? TVN shows seem to do well though!

On 4/12/2021 at 8:20 PM, mademoiselle said:

JBG and JDY really were outstanding in their roles and performances. Unfortunately both aren't on the list likely due to the scandal.

Yeah JBG was good but if he's innocent, I feel sad on him missing out on all this because of someone making scandals. :letalQQ:

On 4/12/2021 at 2:38 PM, Tofu said:

Wow, I wonder how they got a hold of these messages and are they even true? Because if they are, wow...just wow. I don't even know what else to say but there was so much manipulation and emotional abuse going on. 

Haha, I swear phone tapping/ hacking is not legal...but yeah, these messages were super toxic and it's so crazy that they seem to be real based on the agency's statements? :lenny: I don't know why they'd be actors or date actors if they can't handle on screen skin ship. It's just part of the deal and if you trust your partner, you should know it's fake!

On 4/12/2021 at 2:50 PM, Chocolate said:

I suppose Dispatch can obtain anything. But is it legal?

Definitely don't think it's legal! But I guess Dispatch must have some loophole in the law to protect it or they're a media backed by powerful people...politicians using it to distract the masses? :thinking:

13 hours ago, Tofu said:

@abs-oluteM - Why facial hairs?! :scaredpanda2:

Hahaha it's not flattering especially when he is looking mighty fineeee in Taxi Driver :lettalKWA:

12 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

ahahaha I saw this too. Am not a fan of the facial hair. Do you know how many episodes this is? Is this worth us opening a thread? 

I'll be watching! New crush = Lee Je Hoon, On-going crush = Lee Jae wook, both are in it....Both looking potentially unflattering :laugh:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Currently watching: Doctor Slump // Queen of Tears // The Impossible Heir

Current Obsessions: ❤ Lee Jae wook // Park Hyung Sik // Yoon Park

Podcast: These Dramatic Days

Oh look guys Park Hyung Sik is considering a drama which sounds like it's about a covid-type dystopia. LOL. It does sound interesting though. I'd watch :BulbaOWO:

“Happiness” is an apocalyptic thriller that takes place in a time when infectious diseases have become the new normal. In a newly constructed apartment in a large city where the higher floors are up for general sales and the lower floors are rented out, the drama depicts the subtle psychological battle and the class discrimination that occurs. The city hits rock bottom when an impending apocalypse hits in the form of a new type of infectious disease in which people suffer from unabated thirst. “Happiness” will be helmed by producing director (PD) Ahn Gil Ho and writer Han Sang Woon, who worked on “Watcher” together.

• Like 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

18 hours ago, JenL said:

I am super happyyyyy and I can see so is @Tofu  :CharmanderYay::heart::hearties:

Or maybe I'm just relieved that if he's cast in stuff that agency departure was weird but hopefully all just bad communications.

I don't mind this pairing either. The girl is a super new rookie who has only really been listed as a side character in School Nurse Files? I think that picture above is not super flattering but she looks cute in other pics: https://mydramalist.com/people/51787-park-hye-eun

I also had to look up Hong sisters to see which projects they'd done before. I liked Hotel Del Luna and Sassy Girl Chun-Hyang. I never watched You're Beautiful, but I hate it for it's super toxic male lead. Never watched Big , but heard it was a flop also. Seems like a mixed bag :thinking:- Any thoughts on the writers @mademoiselle? TVN shows seem to do well though!

You know, with KJH's contract dispute, even though VAST was being a bit cold to LJW, at least there's no big, negative or damaging reputation/career scandal! In that, I'm actually glad!

Hmm, don't know who Park Hye Eun is and how did she manage to become a FL so quick? I can't even remember her from The School Nurse drama so I can't even be sure she's good in acting.

You're right, Hong sisters' dramas are a mix of good and bad LOLLL. However they generally do best with supernatural themed dramas (evidently Master's Sun and Hotel Del Luna - they do well with ghost related stories) vs normal/non-supernatural theme which their biggest flop is Warm & Cozy. Big I think did OK too except the ending. The Korean Odessy I personally think is so-so but it's on tvN and the ratings are considered not bad (I don't like the FL and execution isn't great. Hong Sisters butchered Journey to the West a bit too much even though I liked the concept of humanized Sun Wu Gong etc).

I think this is another supernatural ones, based on a made-up world close to goguryeo period, right? I came across something about this on weibo few days ago.

18 hours ago, JenL said:

I don't know why they'd be actors or date actors if they can't handle on screen skin ship. It's just part of the deal and if you trust your partner, you should know it's fake!

I think it's natural to be jealous. I've seen actresses said when they do intimate scenes, their hubby (actors and non-actors) would avoid watching that scene.

18 hours ago, JenL said:

Definitely don't think it's legal! But I guess Dispatch must have some loophole in the law to protect it or they're a media backed by powerful people...politicians using it to distract the masses?

Yeah I totally think politicians must be trying to hide something again when celeb scandals break out. Like maybe this time JTBC is trying to media play and turn the attention away from Snowdrops. :laugh:

18 hours ago, JenL said:

I'll be watching! New crush = Lee Je Hoon, On-going crush = Lee Jae wook, both are in it....Both looking potentially unflattering

Wait, what? Lee Jae Wook is in that show too!? Have to rewatch the trailer (I didn't finish it upon seeing ugly LJH) hahahahaha

58 minutes ago, Chocolate said:

Apparently this is a remake/adaption of the C-drama "Nothing but thirty" - anyone watch this, how was it?

I see the word "C" I'm already worried for the show/actors who agrees to do it.

---

Will you be creating a thread for your Hwang In Seop @JenL?

Goodness with JCW's hair!!

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Haha 4
10 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

I see the word "C" I'm already worried for the show/actors who agrees to do it.

Hahaha! The Chinese drama received a lot of positive reviews. My sister and her friends raved about it, probably because they can relate to the characters. If there's a Korean version, the hope is always that they polish up the characters and storyline a bit. However, with all the back and forth drama between Chinese products in Korean dramas....maybe they should stay away from adaptations of each other's dramas for a while. LOL!

Will Hwang In Yeop ever graduate from highschool? :laugh:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
On 4/15/2021 at 6:28 PM, mademoiselle said:

You know, with KJH's contract dispute, even though VAST was being a bit cold to LJW, at least there's no big, negative or damaging reputation/career scandal! In that, I'm actually glad!

Yep, I was just saying that over at the DDSSLLS thread...it wasn't the nicest of endings, but looking at KJH's agency issues, there could be much much worse. It's like they took revenge on him for even daring to think about changing agencies! For LJW, he didn't consider any other agencies, but maybe the idea of leaving still annoyed them as they feel like they made him? He apparently didn't have a manager or agent when he started in Memories of Alhambra: 

Hmm, don't know who Park Hye Eun is and how did she manage to become a FL so quick? I can't even remember her from The School Nurse drama so I can't even be sure she's good in acting.

Haha, I don't actually know who she is either. The only thing I've seen is that people said she was 'good' in The School Nurse File ...but then again most of those people were intense LJW fans, so they're probably relieved he's just in something and would be happy with who he was paired with regardless. I think she's cute, but like you, have no idea about her acting abilities. I've never seen an actress advance from one side character role in main role before though :thinking: It's terrible but sometimes if there's a big jump I wonder if it's nepotism or something. But then again, everyone has to start somewhere and maybe I'm just prone to negative thinking? :idk:

You're right, Hong sisters' dramas are a mix of good and bad LOLLL. However they generally do best with supernatural themed dramas (evidently Master's Sun and Hotel Del Luna - they do well with ghost related stories) vs normal/non-supernatural theme which their biggest flop is Warm & Cozy. Big I think did OK too except the ending. The Korean Odessy I personally think is so-so but it's on tvN and the ratings are considered not bad (I don't like the FL and execution isn't great. Hong Sisters butchered Journey to the West a bit too much even though I liked the concept of humanized Sun Wu Gong etc).

Interesting. Hahaha if this is a ghost related drama, I wouldn't mind it. I hate horror, but somehow I made it through Hotel Del Luna . I think if it's a ghost story with humanised elements (ie. the ghosts can still be redeemed and had tragic stories) as opposed to vengeful ghosts I'm ok.

But yeah, looking at what you've said Hong Sister's dramas were either very popular or a bit of a weird mess. Korean Odyssey my friend loved it, but it didn't speak to me. Personally I don't know if I love Journey to the West except as the original tale. As a drama, the idea sounded weird. 

I think this is another supernatural ones, based on a made-up world close to goguryeo period, right? I came across something about this on weibo few days ago.

Ooooh really? I have seen nothing about the plot only news that LJW is in talks with this rookie actress. But if it's supernatural, I hope it'll be an interesting and meaningful supernatural as opposed to cheesy. Please no cheese :psweatduck:

I think it's natural to be jealous. I've seen actresses said when they do intimate scenes, their hubby (actors and non-actors) would avoid watching that scene.

I think jealousy is ok, as long as you deal with it maturely. Like in the cases you mentioned, their partners just don't watch the scenes. But it's not like they tell them they must change the script so as not to do the scenes? :idk: As an actor/ partner of an actor, I guess it's part of the job unless you actively avoid the romance genre or play characters that would never be given a romance line.

Wait, what? Lee Jae Wook is in that show too!? Have to rewatch the trailer (I didn't finish it upon seeing ugly LJH) hahahahaha

Hahaha he is! But only a small role/ cameo and he's not in the trailer. But I think he's not going to be an attractive character since he got the main character framed for jail? Something tells me he could be a trash character a la Marco Han style. :laugh:

Will you be creating a thread for your Hwang In Seop @JenL?

I should! I'll look into this weekend. I just don't know if I can stand watching JCW! I was ok with him in the past...but now he's heading in the direction LMH went...which is that I find him overrated and don't tend to like his projects. But this one with a magician sounds interesting? :thinking:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, JenL said:

Yep, I was just saying that over at the DDSSLLS thread...it wasn't the nicest of endings, but looking at KJH's agency issues, there could be much much worse. It's like they took revenge on him for even daring to think about changing agencies! For LJW, he didn't consider any other agencies, but maybe the idea of leaving still annoyed them as they feel like they made him? He apparently didn't have a manager or agent when he started in Memories of Alhambra

Yeah apparently when you're still a nobody, the agency won't help you. I learnt this from Song Kang's interview that he said even though he signed with NamooActor, he was waiting for the agency to do something for him but learnt later he has to take matters into his own hand. I read LJW auditioned for majority of his roles too. I guess only when the actors are famous is when agency pays more attention and you receive love calls.

5 hours ago, JenL said:

I think she's cute, but like you, have no idea about her acting abilities. I've never seen an actress advance from one side character role in main role before though :thinking: It's terrible but sometimes if there's a big jump I wonder if it's nepotism or something. But then again, everyone has to start somewhere and maybe I'm just prone to negative thinking? 

We think that because majority of the time it is unlikely for an actor/actress to immediately be given a leading role unless you're really good, especially actress, people most likely think she has a sponsor. Plus it is a huge pressure to play lead role so early in the debut days since as a lead, they need to draw audiences & tv ratings. Now that you attach that picture I remember her but her role was so small. She plays a student that brings others to the first aid room so Jung Yumi can cure them. I read that for Return, she auditioned for the FL role and beaten all other actresses with her acting so we shall see!

Waaaah~ finally found what I've come across on this drama. It'll be 16 episodes.

Spoiler

洪氏姐妹新剧还魂16集预计接档智异山12月18号

《德鲁纳酒店》《主君的太阳》《豪杰春香》《我的女孩》等洪氏姐妹编剧新剧消息
题材: 古装 ,奇幻,术士题材
剧情:以天气有关,主要讲述了年轻术士们的爱情和成长的奇幻古装故事。

目标明年上半年开始拍摄选角ing
制作公司 Studio Dragon
由于新冠,拍摄后将活用CG展现

▶️新剧介绍
洪正恩编剧:时期在1000年前,空间是韩半岛北部,但是不以实际历史为基础,主要是以想象的世界为背景,虽然是以渤海建国之前的高句丽游民们的故事为基础,但是没加入特定时期的故事,是一部幻想奇幻剧,与历史无关,创造历史上没有的新的空间以及那个地方里面的人们的故事。这次与12年前的快刀洪吉童不同。

▶️洪氏电视剧与别的电视剧的不同
我们写的爱情故事与别的作品不一样具有义气。特点是男女主会经历很多苦难,相互交心渐渐地相互信任。

▶️一直写爱情剧的理由
从古至今没有比男女爱情故事更有意思的主题了。

▶️最近一直写奇幻的理由
时代在变化,观众们也不会再因为财阀白马王子而感动了,反而设定在完全全新的空间发生的故事更好

每部剧都备受收视率压力的洪氏姐妹,这么多年一起坚持出剧能够长跑是因为洪氏姐妹两个人住在一起,一起住在京畿道,平时有灵感就会互相找对方聊天,吃饭时想到好的台词就会用电脑记录下来,关于名台词是谁写的记不清了。

渤海建国 is China related, it'll for sure get scrutinised by the Chinese, LOL.

5 hours ago, JenL said:

I think jealousy is ok, as long as you deal with it maturely. Like in the cases you mentioned, their partners just don't watch the scenes. But it's not like they tell them they must change the script so as not to do the scenes?

Maybe they did but the partner didn't take it seriously or it wasn't exposed.

5 hours ago, JenL said:

Something tells me he could be a trash character a la Marco Han style.

Bahahaha you could be right and I'm gonna mentally prepare for it although I'm not sure I wanna watch this. LJH's looks really don't appeal. I got the Arnachist from Colony but ended up not watching it coz I just could find the mood to, plus it's Japan related again so even harder to find the mood to watch.

5 hours ago, JenL said:

I should! I'll look into this weekend. I just don't know if I can stand watching JCW! I was ok with him in the past...but now he's heading in the direction LMH went...which is that I find him overrated and don't tend to like his projects. But this one with a magician sounds interesting?

Yes it sounds interesting so I will at least try since it's on NF.

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Like 2

@bluepebbles are you gonna open thread ?

https://www.allkpop.com/article/2021/05/na-in-woo-cast-in-new-fantasy-romance-drama-by-director-yoon-sang-ho-of-river-where-the-moon-rises

Actor Na In Woo will be working with director Yoon Sang Ho once again, after the success of KBS2's 'River Where The Moon Rises'!

For his next male lead role, Na In Woo will tak taking on the role of a man with a terrible jinx, named Gong Soo Kwang. Due to his jinx, Gong Soo Kwang fails at everything he does and brings misfortune where ever he goes. He has long since accepted his fate and lives a simple life selling fish at a fish market, when one day, he meets a woman with overflowing luck. 

Are you looking forward to Na In Woo's next drama role as Gong Soo Kwang? Director Yeon Sang Ho's new fantasy romance drama series, 'Jinxed Couple' (title subject to change), is set to begin filming some time in the second half of 2021!

• Like 1

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  -  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: -