K-Ent Grapevine

Baeksang Arts Awards 2022 - Drama Poll ( Vote for your favorites!)   

9 members have voted

1. 1. Best Drama

• Netflix “D.P.”
    • tvN “Twenty Five, Twenty One”
    • Netflix “Squid Game”
    • MBC “The Red Sleeve”
    • wavve “Political Fever”
  2. 2. Best Actor

• Kim Nam Gil – SBS “Through the Darkness”
    • Lee Jung Jae – Netflix “Squid Game”
    • Lee Junho – MBC “The Red Sleeve”
    • Im Siwan – wavve “Tracer”
    • Jung Hae In – Netflix “D.P.”
  3. 3. Best Actress

• Kim Tae Ri – tvN “Twenty Five, Twenty One”
    • Kim Hye Soo – Netflix “Juvenile Justice”
    • Park Eun Bin – KBS2 “The King’s Affection”
    • Lee Se Young – MBC “The Red Sleeve”
    • Han So Hee – Netflix “My Name”
  4. 4. Best Supporting Actor

• Lee Deok Hwa – MBC “The Red Sleeve”
    • Lee Hak Joo – wavve “Political Fever”
    • Lee Hyun Wook – tvN “Mine”
    • Cho Hyun Chul – Netflix “D.P.”
    • Heo Sung Tae – Netflix “Squid Game”
  5. 5. Best Supporting Actress

• Kang Mal Geum – JTBC “Thirty-Nine”
    • Kim Shin Rok – Netflix “Hellbound”
    • Kim Joo Ryung – Netflix “Squid Game”
    • Ok Ja Yeon – tvN “Mine”
    • Jang Hye Jin – MBC “The Red Sleeve”
  6. 6. Best New Actor

• Goo Kyo Hwan – Netflix “D.P.”
    • Shin Seung Ho – Netflix “D.P.”
    • Yoo In Soo – Netflix “All of Us Are Dead”
    • Choi Hyun Wook – tvN “Twenty Five, Twenty One”
    • Tang Joon Sang – SBS “Racket Boys”
  7. 7. Best New Actress

• Kim Hye Joon – JTBC “Inspector Koo”
    • Lee Yeon – Netflix “Juvenile Justice”
    • Lee Yoo Mi – Netflix “All of Us Are Dead”
    • Jung Ho Yeon – Netflix “Squid Game”
    • Cho Yi Hyun – Netflix “All of Us Are Dead”

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 05/05/2022 at 03:59 PM

'Crime City 4' filming begins... Kim Moo Yeol as the new villain

Drama&Film / Kim Jeong Jin

yna1065624913880150-388.jpg

yna1065624913880150-436.jpg

The action series 'Crime City 4' starring Ma Dong Seok started filming the fourth film on the 18th.

According to distributor ABO Entertainment, 'Criminal City 4' depicts the story of Detective Ma Seok Do (Ma Dong Seok) catching the largest illegal online gambling organization in Korea. Ma Seok Do plans to form a dedicated team with the Cyber Investigation Unit to carry out a cooperative investigation.

Kim Moo Yeol is the new villain character. He takes on the role of Baek Chang Ki, the leader of an online gambling organization, and acts as a villain after Yoon Kye Sang, Son Seok Ku, and Lee Joon Hyuk.

Lee Dong Hwi and Lee Ju Bin also newly joined. Lee Dong Hwi plays Jang Dong Chul, a genius and young CEO of the coin industry and Lee Ju Bin plays Han Ji Soo, a member of the Cyber Investigation Unit team.

Park Ji Hwan, who plays Jang I Soo, the representative scene stealer of the 'Crime City' series, as well as Lee Beom Soo, Kim Min Jae, and Lee Ji Hoon, who joined the series in 'Crime City 3', will continue to appear.

Director Huh Myung Haeng, who worked as an action director for the 'Crime City' series, takes the megaphone.

'Crime City 3', which started filming in July, finished filming on the 10th and is scheduled to be released next year through post-production.

'Crime City 3' contains the operation to clear the Japanese Yakuza that caused crime in Korea. Lee Joon Hyuk and Japanese actor Aoki Munetaka played the villainous characters.

• Like 6

CurrentlyLiesGrden•CYouIn19thLif•Battle4HappinssWaitingRvenant•Heartb•NumbersFinishedBingeWatchingRace•B.Knight•GloryIIDaily•2D1NS4•RunMan

original.gif

BTS wins at American Music Awards for 5th consecutive year

optimize.jpg

This image captured from the homepage of the American Music Awards shows Korean boy group BTS as the winner of the favorite pop duo or group prize at this year's event. Yonhap

Global K-pop sensation BTS has received a prize at this year's American Music Awards (AMAs) for the fifth year in a row, the event's organizers have said.

BTS won in the category of favorite pop duo or group, beating out other big name nominees, such as Coldplay, Imagine Dragons, Maneskin and OneRepublic, according to a list of winners unveiled on the homepage of the AMAs ahead of the awards ceremony Sunday ( U.S. time).

It marks the Korean band's fifth trophy in the prestigious American music awards since it first clinched one for favorite social artist in 2018.

optimize-1.jpg

BTS member Jungkook performs during the opening ceremony for the 2022 FIFA World Cup at Al Bayt Stadium in Al Khor, north of Doha, Nov. 20. 

The group has since been on the list of recipients, winning in the favorite pop duo or group category for the past four years since 2019.

Last year, it rewrote K-pop history by becoming the first Asian act to win artist of the year, considered the top award. It also was among the megastars from across the musical spectrum to perform during the awards ceremony.

BTS did not fly to the United States to attend the ceremony this year. Its youngest member, Jungkook, performed "Dreamers," a song from the official soundtrack for the FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022, during its opening ceremony Sunday (local time). 

:hug: hai everyone. I don't know how to put BTS news updates or put again either in 'Havenite Shrines BTS' or 'K-Entertainment Grapevine' since they're not 'Oppa' to everyone's here except me, as for me, they're humble and an outstanding Dongsaeng. 

Edited by twink_twink_
  • Like 3
  • Clapping Hands 3

CurrentlyLiesGrden•CYouIn19thLif•Battle4HappinssWaitingRvenant•Heartb•NumbersFinishedBingeWatchingRace•B.Knight•GloryIIDaily•2D1NS4•RunMan

Entertainment

AllFilmTelevisionMusicTheaterK-popesports

Television

Can sequels replicate the success of hit originals?
Return of popular drama series heat up content war in December

Return of popular drama series heat up content war in December

Return of popular December will see a host of series looking to repeat the popularity of their previous seasons once again with the launch of their second seasons.

By Lee Si Jin

20221121000571-0.jpg

Jun Jong Seo plays the gangster Tokyo in “Money Heist: Korea -- Joint Economic Area Part 2.” (Netflix)

December will see a host of series looking to repeat the popularity of their previous seasons once again with the launch of their second seasons.

Netflix’s “Money Heist: Korea – Joint Economic Area Part 2” is one of the two projects that are expected to heat up the clash of drama series.

The crime thriller, whose first part was released in June, in the upcoming season, presents the stories of the individual gang members and the intense tension between the group of thieves and police, which will come to its climax.

“The stories will be expanded to cater more to Korean tastes,” Netflix’s latest press release quoted the director Kim Hong Sun saying. The hope is that the new stories will satisfy those viewers who were disappointed that the Korean version bore too much resemblance to the hit Spanish crime drama on Netflix.

The six-part series will premiere Dec. 9.

Spoiler

20221121000572-0.jpg

On Dec. 9, the rom-com series “Work Later, Drink Now” will return with a second season on the local streaming service Tving.

Adapted from a webtoon of the same title written by author Mikkang, “Work Later, Drink Now” set many records at Tving, including contributing to the highest increase in the number of paid subscribers and unique visitors in the fourth quarter last year.

The new 12-part series will return with the same cast -- Lee Sun Bin, Han Hun Hwa and Jung Eun Ji -- and present the stories of three single women in their 30s.

Spoiler

20221121000573-0.jpg

Cable channel tvN offers the tale between an elite warrior and master named Naksu (Go Youn Jung) and her pupil Jang Uk (Lee Jae Wook) in a fictional world called Daeho in “Alchemy of Souls: Light and Shadow Part 2.”

Replacing actor Jung So Min, Go Youn Jung is set to lead the new season of “Alchemy of Souls.”

The first episode of the upcoming Saturday-Sunday drama airs at 9:10 p.m., Dec. 10 on tvN.

The hit mystery thriller “Missing” (2020), starring actors Go Soo, Huh Joon Ho and An So Hee, returns with another season in two years.

“Missing” on OCN, local entertainment powerhouse CJ ENM’s movie channel, caught the viewers' attention with the story of the dead and the living working together on an investigation of missing people.

20221121000574-0.jpg

From left: Actor Go Soo, Huh Jun Ho and An So Hee star in tvN's mystery thriller "Missing 2"

Actress Lee Jung Eun of Netflix’s “Juvenile Justice” and tvN’s “Our Blues” joins the original cast in the new series.

Though the release date is yet to be decided, OCN announced that “Missing 2” will air in December.

“Single’s Inferno,” the first-ever Korean reality show to soar to the No. 5 slot on the list of Netflix’s most popular shows, hopes to repeat the success with a second season.

20221121000575-0.jpg

Still image of "Single's Inferno 2" (Netflix)

The second edition of Netflix’s dating show is expected to return with hotter stories and even bigger twists.

While the show is led by the same hosts -- rapper Hanhae, model Hong Jin Kyung, actress Lee Da Hee and singer Kyuhyun -- Netflix hopes to continue the winning streak of “Single’s Inferno” with new contestants.

“Single’s Inferno 2” is set to release on Dec. 13.

https://www.koreaherald.com/view.php?ud=20221121000641&np=1&mp=1

Edited by twink_twink_
  • Like 6

Entertainment

AllFilmTelevisionMusicTheaterK-popesports  ‘King’s Affection’ wins International‘King’s Affection’ wins International Emmy

By Lee Si Jin

20221122000638-0.jpg

"King's Affection" (KBS)

Public broadcaster KBS announced that its romance series “The King’s Affection,” locally known as “Yeonmo,” won an award at this year’s International Emmy Awards, held Monday in New York.

According to the nominations announced by the International Academy of Television Arts & Sciences, the series that aired last year was listed in the category for best telenovela, which recognizes excellence in telenovelas produced and initially aired outside of the US.

“The King’s Affection” was nominated alongside Brazil's “Nos Tempos Do Imperador” ("In Emperor's Time"), Chinese romance drama “You Are My Hero” and Spanish soap opera “Two Lives.”

With prior awards at the Seoul Drama Awards and Korea Broadcasting Prizes last year, the historical romance series has scored both local and international recognition.

“I feel a great sense of responsibility to win a prize at International Emmy Awards, while Korean content is loved by viewers across the globe. I will put my utmost efforts to make sure KBS dramas play a huge role in maintaining the power of Korean content,” a KBS press release quoted Lee Kun Joon, head of the KBS Drama Center, as saying.

“The King’s Affection,” adapted from the popular webtoon “Yeonmo,” revolves around a fictional princess of the Joseon era (1392-1910), who keeps her identity a secret and assumes the throne on behalf of her deceased twin brother.

Meanwhile, “Extraordinary Attorney Woo” star Park Eun Bin’s splendid performance as the prince caught the public’s attention as well. 

The 20-part series is available via local streaming service Wavve and Netflix.

https://www.koreaherald.com/view.php?ud=20221122000670&np=1&mp=1

tumblr-0b9c237901ec6d10be11b6bf14ca94f3-

:Party01:  Congratulations to the cast and crew of “The King’s Affection” on their win and has become the first k-drama to win at International Emmys. :heart:

Edited by twink_twink_
  • Like 4
  • Clapping Hands 2

photo1582164.jpg

Sidus Pictures

Content Writing Yoo Joon Ha Yonhap News.

p1065599242124052-891-thum.jpg

p1065599242124052-457-thum.jpg

Competitive café business owner Yeong Ran acted by actress Ryu Hyun Kyung and Ho Cheol acted by actor Kim Joo Hun runs their own cafes due to contracts they have individually signed even after marriage.

Income of one another's café become directly related to the power within the house hold due to the unfortunate nature that out of two cafés Yeong Ran and Ho Cheol runs needs to fold one's business and merge into other's once the contracted period ends, therefore the non visual tug of war continues on.

One day, out of the blue couple encounter’s Seok acted by actor Kim Shin Bi where then Seok helps out the café work of the couples, later on the couple finds out about another trouble and hurdle they need to overcome. The café Seok helps out for a day brings in all the profit, whether it is Yeong Ran’s café or Ho Cheol’s café.

Yeong Ran and Ho Cheol goes on a fight for feeling in order to monopolize Seok, due to their battle to take control of who gets Seok, their marriage falls into endless downward spiral. 

South Korean movie “Fairy” is a fantasy drama about a couple who own cafes individually, fights in order to exclusively get help from a character Seok.

Couple loves one another but they were never a complete couple. That is because one another could not give up on their greed and want for money and lack of understanding of joint financial wealth.

The movie depicts the process of becoming a real couple after Yeong Ran and Ho Cheol continuously fights and make up to possess Seok in a humorous manner.

“This movie is about a married couple, which is considered one of the closest relationship as a human” saying “I hope those who watch this movie will not just think as a basic generic mellow movie.” said Director Shin Tack Su.

Movie “Fairy” will premiere on December 1, and the total run time consists of 79 minutes.

'source'

https://k-odyssey.com/news/newsList.php?tid=181941831

• Like 6

tumblr-739630fd6b3df31c52c25939c96adb19-

A "Princess Hours" Remake? — Korean Netizens Place Their Bets on Who Will Play Yoon Eun Hye’s Iconic Character if "Princess Hours" Gets a Remake. 

In 2021, Fans rejoiced when Korean media outlets reported that the hit Korean drama "Princess Hours" will get a remake. "Princess Hours," also known as "Goong," is a 2006 romantic comedy in an alternate, 21st-century Korea where the monarchy still exists. It tells the story of Shin Chae Kyung (Yoon Eun Hye) an ordinary female student who suddenly finds out that she's betrothed to crown prince of their nation, Lee Shin (Ju Ji Hoon). "Princess Hours" became an instant hit in Asia and is acknowledged as one of the contributors of the Korean "Hallyu" Wave.

As of November 2022, casting announcements have yet to be made and so far about the remake, and no other details have been released as well. However, that doesn't stop Korean netizens from placing their bets on who they think will play the iconic character Shin Chae Kyung.

A Korean recently posted in a forum, "If 'Goong' was to be remade, who would play the female lead?"

The post instantly became a hot topic and had Korean netizens placing their bets:

- Shin Ye Eun!!!

- Kim Yoo Jung!!!

- I think IU will look good too.

- I'm a fan of the drama "Goong," so I'd like an actress like Yoon Eun Hye who is lovable and has a good sense of humor. I hope she has the same height too!

- Kim Yoo Jung

- Kim So Hyun!

1844-image-20221128143547-2-png-png.jpg

- Oh Ye Joo, the actress who plays the role of Chungha in The Queen's Umbrella. She's really good too. I think she can give justice to Shin Chae Kyung.

- I also thought of her when I saw this post!

- Good luck

- I want someone who's really good at acting, so Kim Soh Yun and Kim Yoo Jung automatically comes to mind.

- Roh Jeong Ui is good too!

- Suzy

- Roh Jeong Ui

- I think she's more suitable for Min Hyo Rin's character (the antagonist played by Song Ji Hyo)

- Nope

1844-image-20221128144112-3-png-png.jpg

- Kim Hye Yoon!

- Me too! I want Kim Hye Yoon!

- Yes

- I agree!

- Yes

- Yes

- Kim Hyun Soo and Kim Youn Dae. The female and male lead characters.

- Hahahaha I wish these two could do it.

- Penthouse!!!

- Yeri!!! I think she looks cute in high schooler roles

- I know she's not an actress, but Ahn Yu Jin?

She has a really vibrant and lively feeling

- I wish they cast someone new and fresh

- I personally want to see Kim Yoo Jung, but if we are basing from the original, it has got to be Kim So Hyun.

- I think Kim Hye Yoon would really suit it

- Yeah, the funky role really suits her

- Yes!

- I agree

'click on the link for more details'

'source'

https://www.instiz.net/name_enter/85870926

• Like 3
  • Clapping Hands 3

tumblr-mwlulsfgs-P1siqvhio5-500.gif

tumblr-mwlulsfgs-P1siqvhio4-500.gif

logo_609_11_20181015145215.png?20221027_

Written by Reporter Kim Myung Mi 

202211301117430310-1-20221130114203471.j

Photo = JTBC, provided by tvN

On November 30, Newsen reported that Park Shin Hye and Park Hyung Sik will be starring as the leads of the new drama “Doctor Slump”

In response to the report, a source from Park Shin Hye’s agency SALT Entertainment shared, “Park Shin Hye has received the offer to star in ‘Doctor Slump,’ and she is positively reviewing the offer.”

A representative of Park Hyung Sik’s agency P&Studio similarly shared, “He is positively reviewing the offer to star in ‘Doctor Slump.'”

“Doctor Slump” is about doctors who are in a slump as they try to resuscitate their lives. The rom-com captures the love and growth of two characters who live in a rooftop house after quitting their jobs as doctors.

Park Shin Hye is in talks to play Nam Ha Neul while Park Hyung Sik has been offered the role of Yeo Jung Woo.

At the beginning of this year, Park Shin Hye got married to Choi Tae Joon, and the two celebrities became parents after they welcomed their first child to their family. If Park Shin Hye accepts the role, this will be her first medical drama since her 2016 performance in the hit drama “Doctors” and her first project since becoming a mom.

“Doctor Slump” will reportedly begin filming next year after casting is completed, and the broadcasting details have yet to be confirmed.

• Like 2
  • Clapping Hands 3

dispatch_120x120.jpg

6a269100-d97a-4ec1-8fb3-8f42df0a697a.png

Content Writing Dispatch Reporter Park Hye Jin

08c45035-4376-4058-a23f-239185bf7f70.jpg

The movie 'Hero' (Director Yoon Je Kyun) released behind-the-scenes stills on the 30th. It contained the moment of passionate acting.

'Hero' is the new film directed by Yoon Je Kyun after 8 years. He was the first in Korea to record 20 million box office hits with 'Haeundae' and 'International Market'.

'Hero' will be released on the 21st of next month.

882357bd-1240-4578-ada3-3462a07665f9.jpg

• Like 2
  • Clapping Hands 3

tumblr-91656909f216d8cac6ae8f680ba6c73b-

Written By Reporter Kwak Yeon Soo

INTERVIEW GOT7's Jinyoung on playing twins in 'Christmas Carol'

optimize.jpg

Singer and actor Park Jin Young has had a busy year of music, TV and film in 2022. Beyond filming "Christmas Carol," he has been booked with a multitude of projects, including making new music with his band, GOT7, and starring in the second season of Tving's "Yumi's Cells."

In "Christmas Carol," Park takes on an intense dual role as a rebellious teen who is placed in a juvenile detention center as well as his twin brother, who has a mental disability.

Adapted from the novel of the same title, the film revolves around Il Woo (Park) who deliberately gets himself sent to a juvenile detention center as part of a plan to avenge his brother's death. Il Woo suspects his twin brother, Wol Woo (also Park), was murdered by youth gang members on Christmas Eve.

Park also hinted that he is considering enlisting in the military next year. "Before I begin my mandatory military service next year, I plan to release my solo album," he said.

"Christmas Carol" hits local theaters, Dec. 7.

optimize-1.jpg

A scene from the film, "Christmas Carol" / Courtesy of NK Contents

'click on this link for more details'

'source'

https://m.koreatimes.co.kr/pages/main.asp

• Like 2
  • Clapping Hands 1
  • Party! 2

Streaming services to roll out new dramas to watch in holiday season

optimize-3.jpg

Global fans of Korean TV dramas will be spoilt for choice this month as streaming services are set to release a flurry of star-studded series to draw new subscribers and entertain viewers in the holiday season.

Streaming services, also known as over-the-top (OTT) players, have a full pack of new original series for chills, thrills, action and romance to compete with each other and against blockbuster movies gearing up for the Christmas season.

Streaming leader Netflix is ready to release three Korean original series this month alone.

Star screenwriter Kim Eun Sook of "Descendants of the Sun" (2016) and its lead actress Song Hye Kyo will return together to the small screen with "The Glory" on Dec. 30.

Kim teamed up with director Ahn Gil Ho of the hit crime thriller "Stranger" (2017) and the fantasy "Memories of the Alhambra" (2018) for her first TV project since the fantasy romance "The King: Eternal Monarch" (2020).

Song will take a lead role in the new drama that revolves around a woman who experiences school violence and seeks revenge after graduating.

"Money Heist: Korea - Joint Economic Area Part 2," based on the hit Spanish series "Money Heist," will be coming on Dec 9, continuing the story from the first season aired in June.

Set in the near future of 2025, the Korean Peninsula is on the road to reunification with the two Koreas opening up their borders, and a criminal mastermind who calls himself "The Professor" (Yoo Ji Tae) recruits eight thieves for a new mind-boggling master plan in the joint economic area.

Another Netflix series "The Fabulous," starring Minho from popular K-pop group SHINee and actress Chae Soo Bin, will premier on Dec. 23.

The story follows four best friends as they chase their dreams alongside fashion's elite while juggling demanding jobs, romantic dilemmas and wild nights on the town.

Disney+ will release sci-fi thriller "Connect" on Dec 7, directed by Japanese filmmaker Miike Takashi and starring Korean actors Jung Hae In and Ko Kyung Pyo.

optimize.jpg

This photo provided by Walt Disney shows a scene from Disney+ original series 'Connect.' Korea Times file

Based on a Korean webtoon, the six-part series features a man with an immortal body kidnapped by a gang of organ hunters that remove one of his eyes. With his missing eye transplanted into the body of a serial killer, the unwilling donor can still see and endures terrifying visions.

Another Disney+ original series "Big Bet," starring the veteran actor Choi Min Sik and rising star Son Seok Ku, will be arriving on Dec. 21.

optimize-1.jpg

This photo provided by Walt Disney shows a scene from Disney+ original series 'Big Bet.' Korea Times file

The crime action directed by bankable filmmaker Kang Yun Sung tells the tale of a man who became the legendary king of the casino in the Philippines and now faces the ultimate bet with his life to survive.

On Dec 9, homegrown streaming platform Tving's "Work Later, Drink Now" will be back with a second season.

Spoiler

optimize-2.jpg

The poster of Tving original series 'Work Later, Drink Now 2' is seen in this photo provided by the Korean streaming platform. Korea Times file

Based on the Korean webtoon, it tells the story of three single women in their 30s (played by Lee Sun Bin, Han Sun Hwa and Jung Eun Ji) whose life philosophies revolve around having a drink after getting off work. K-pop band Super Junior's Choi Si Won joins the trio as a producing director. 

Edited by twink_twink_
  • Like 2
  • Clapping Hands 3

giphy-downsized-large.gif

1656741428-terrificterribleindianringnec

2 Korean dramas nominated for Critics Choice Awards

optimize.jpg

"Pachinko" is scheduled for release on March 25. Courtesy of Apple TV+ / Korea Times file

Two Korean-language dramas "Pachinko" and "Extraordinary Attorney Woo" have been nominated as best foreign language series for this year's Critics Choice Awards.

According to the nominations announced by the Critics Choice Association on Monday (U.S. time), Korean legal drama "Extraordinary Attorney Woo," aired on local cable channel ENA and available on Netflix, and Apple TV+ original series "Pachinko" were listed in the TV category, along with seven other series.

Spoiler

optimize-1.jpg

Extraordinary Attorney Woo/ Korea Times file

"Woo" revolves around a lawyer named Woo Young Woo (Park Eun Bin), who is brilliant with an outstanding memory but lacks social skills and empathy due to being on the autism spectrum.

"Pachinko," based on the 2017 bestselling novel by Korean-American author Lee Min Jin, is a sprawling, multilingual epic that examines four generations of a Korean family during the Japanese occupation of Korea and the subsequent racism that followed.

Winners will be announced at the 28th Critics Choice Awards gala in Los Angeles on Jan. 15.

Last year, Netflix sensation "Squid Game" won the best non-English language TV series to become the first Korean show to receive the prize given by a group of 500 film and TV broadcast critics in North America. Its lead actor Lee Jung Jae won the best actor award in a drama series. 

• Like 5

tumblr-ojqy21-Rrkf1v8t0bjo2-500.gif

Content Writing Reporter Kim Mi Hwa Star News

optimize.jpg

Photo=Civilization Express

Actress Kim Go Eun will appear on YouTube 'Civilization Express'.

Kim Go Eun appeared on 'Civilization Express' on the afternoon of the 8th and met Jae Jae.

The movie 'Hero' starring Kim Go Eun is an unforgettable story from the time when Ahn Jung Geun, who died in October 1909 after killing Ito Hirobumi in Harbin and was sentenced to death by a Japanese court, from the time he prepared for his death to the moment he met his death. This is a movie about the last year, she took on the role of 'Seol Hee', an informant for the independence army in 'Hero'.

She will show off a delightful tiki-taka through a doppelganger talk in 'Civilization Express' where she finds common ground with her Jae Jae, from her MBTI to her taste.

She will also make a special effort to transform into a new character, as well as unravel behind-the-scenes stories that have not been heard anywhere else with candid and witty talk.

Meanwhile, 'Hero' will be released on December, 21st.

Hero-Korean-Movie-p2.jpg

CJ Entertainment

source:

https://www.starnewskorea.com/

• Like 4
  • Clapping Hands 1

Posted by Sophie Ha AKP Staff

Jay Park, CL, Zico, and Wi Ha Joon spotted at the '2022 GQ Night Party'

1670532698-untitled-1.jpg

On December 8, the '2022 GQ Night Party' was held in person for the first time in three years since the pandemic.

'GQ Night Party' is an annual event held in December, and it is an event that invites many key figures who brightened up the year chosen by GQ Korea.

This year, Jay Park, CL, Zico and actor Wi Ha Joon were among those chosen as GQ Korea's 'Men and Woman of the Year' in 2022. They were invited to the event and captivated the red carpet with their magnetic presence.

Spoiler

source:

https://twitter.com/allkpop/status/1600976582998626305

• Like 2
  • Party! 3

rIFn8jb.gif

tumblr-3e0f87f14100021e4a1b3ccf046b6afa-

Posted by Dani Dee AKP Staff

Actress Han Ga In and IVE's Yujin to appear on upcoming 'Radio Star' episode

1670832964-radiostar-collage.jpg

Han Ga In and IVE's Yujin will be making their first appearances on 'Radio Star.'

The news was confirmed by the MBC variety program on December 12 KST. According to the statement, the two stars have already recorded their episode, and the episode will air sometime in January.

Meanwhile, 'Radio Star' airs every Wednesday night at 11:10 PM.

source:

https://twitter.com/allkpop/status/1602217045902622720

• Like 3
  • Clapping Hands 2

Posted by Germaine Jay AKP Staff

Check out the Winners of the '2022 Asia Artist Awards'

1670939241-20221213-aaa2022.jpg

On December 13 KST, the '2022 Asia Artist Awards' was held in Japan at the Nagoya Nippongaishi Hall with hosts Super Junior's  Leeteuk and IVE's

Jang Wonyoung.

The annual ceremony is organized by newspaper Money Today and global media brands StarNews and MTN to recognize outstanding achievements and international contributions by Asian artists.

Check out the categories and list of winners below:

Daesang - Song of the Year | "After Like" - IVE Daesang - Actor of the Year | Lee Jun Ho
Daesang - Album of the Year | 'Maxident' - Stray Kids
Daesang - Performance of the Year | NewJeans
Daesang - Singer of the Year | Seventeen
Daesang - Stage of the Year | Lim Young Woong

Rookie of the Year (Singer) | IVE | NewJeans | LE SSERAFIM
Rookie of the Year (Actor) | Kang Daniel | Seo Bum Joon

Popularity Award (Singer) | BTS
Popularity Award (Actor) | Kim Seon Ho

Asia Celebrity Award (Singer) | ITZY | LYODRA

Asia Celebrity Award (Actor) | Kim Seon Ho | Kwon Yu Ri | PP | Billkin

Best Artist Award (Singer) | ITZY | The Boyz | The Rampage
Best Artist Award (Actor) | Han So Hwee | Seo In Guk | Park Min Young
Best Icon Award (Singer) | AleXa | VERIVERY
Best Icon Award (Actor) | Lim Jae Hyuk

Fabulous Award (Singer) | Seventeen | Lim Young Woong

Focus Award (Singer) | Lapillus | ATBO | Trendz
Focus Award (Actor) | Haknyeon

New Wave Award (Singer) | TEMPEST | NMIXX | Kep1er
New Wave Award (Actor) | Hwang Min Hyun | Choi Si Won
Best Actor Award | Lee Jae Wook | Kim Se Jung | Lee Jun Young | Kwon Yu Ri
Best Emotive Award (Actor) | Na In Woo
Best Emotive Award (Singer) | NMIXX | CRAVITY

Best Musician Award | LE SSERAFIM | Peck | Choi Ye Na | TREASURE | NiziU

Best Producer Award  Starship Entertainment's Seo Hyun Joo

Best Choice (Singer) | Cosmic Girls' CHOCOME | KARD | Stray Kids | Kep1er | Pentagon
Best Choice (Actor) | Kim Seon Ho

Hot Trend Award (Singer) | IVE | NiziU | Lim Young Woong | Seventeen
Hot Trend Award (Actor) | Lee Jun Ho | Park Min Young
Potential Award (Singer) | LIGHTSUM | TFN | KINGDOM | Billlie
Potential Award (Actor) | Kang Daniel

AAA (Scene Stealer) | Ryu Kyung Soo
AAA Best Achievement | Kwon Yu Ri

Best Acting Award | Kim Yong Dae | Bona | Hwang Min Hyun | Choi Si Won

optimize-1.jpg

optimize.jpg

https://twitter.com/allkpop/status/1602667220995186688

• Like 5

Entertainment

Mbic Live streams hit MBC dramas and TV shows for free

By Lee Si Jin

20221216000481-0.jpg

Image shows MBC's dramas and unscripted shows available via Mbic Live (MBC)

Terrestrial broadcaster MBC announced Friday that its video streaming service Mbic Live will offer hit MBC dramas and unscripted shows.

Mbic Live is a free, ad-supported streaming platform that allow viewers to enjoy MBC’s popular shows without sign-in or additional payment.

A total of 30 programs, including “Infinite Challenge” (2005-2018), “I Live Alone,” “Radio Star” and “County Diaries” (1980-2002), are available.

Twenty shows will be added to the list, including hit period dramas “The Red Sleeve,” “Princess Hours,” legendary MBC rom-com “The 1st Shop of Coffee Prince” and K-pop idol-themed channel “HeyoTV,” in the first half of 2023.

Hit foreign dramas and visible radio shows will be available in 2023 as well.

Mbic Live offers special services for blind and deaf viewers.

The broadcaster's hit drama series and reality shows are available at 

http://onair.imbc.com/MbicLive via desktops, smartphones and tablet devices.

https://www.koreaherald.com/view.php?ud=20221216000479&np=1&mp=1#;

• Like 5

Star-studded 'The Match' skips theaters, goes straight to Netflix

optimize.jpg

This photo provided by Netflix shows a scene from the upcoming Korean film 'The Match' about legendary Go players. Newsis

"The Match," a highly anticipated Korean film about professional Go players, will skip theaters and go straight to Netflix for global release, the streaming service said Friday.

The movie is based on a true story of two legendary Go players ― Cho Hoon Hyun (Lee Byung Hun) and his protege and future rival Lee Chang Ho (Yoo Ah In).

Kim Hyung Ju, behind comic crime action "The Sheriff in Town" (2017), took helm of the movie and finished shooting in April 2021, but its theatrical release has been delayed amid the pandemic.

Netflix said the movie will be streamed exclusively on its platform without providing details of its release schedule.

optimize-1.jpg

Actor Lee Byung-hun / Courtesy of BH Entertainment

The film has drawn attention with the first acting ensemble between Lee and Yoo, both of whom have a large fan base.

Lee has starred in numerous hit Korean movies as well as Hollywood films, such as the "G.I. Joe" series, and appeared in Netflix sensation "Squid Game" (2021).

"The Match" will be Yoo's third Netflix project after the dystopian horror series "Hellbound" (2021) and adventure action film "Seoul Vibe" streamed in August. 

• Like 5

k-WL1671169373621.jpg

SBS Entertainment Awards 2022 were held at SBS Prism Tower in Sangam-dong, Mapo-gu, Seoul.

At the award ceremony this year, Tak Jae Hoon, Jang Do Yeon and Lee Hyun Yi were the hosts who presented the awards. The nominees are always chosen from the shows that aired on SBS between December 2021 and November 2022 in the category of variety, talk, and comedy shows. 

In addition to New Jeans, FC Balladream, the supergroup ‘Fantastic Family – DNA Singer,’ Seo Moon Tak and Youngji, there was a unique lineup for the night that included the debuting superstars of the night.

It was a memorable event, as many K-pop stars and actors from K-dramas participating in the SBS variety show this year attended along with the performance lineup.

Here is a complete list of the winners:

Rookie Award

Yoon Tae Jin and Ha Seok Ju — Kick A Goal

Radio DJ Award

Red Velvet’s Wendy — Wendy’s Young street

Yoon Soo Hyun — Yoon Soo Hyun’s Diverse World

Scriptwriter of the Year

Kang Seung Hee — Dolsing Fourmen

Seo In Hee — The Story of The Day When The Tail Was Bitten

Jo Hye Jung — Bae Sung Jae’s Ten

Tiki-Taka of the Year

Kyoung Seo and Seogy – ‘Kick a Goal’ 2022

SBS’s Daughter And Son Lee Hyun Yi and Kim Joon Ho

Scene Stealer Award

Jung Hye In — Kick a Goal

Im Won Hee — Dolsing Fourmen

Eco-brity Award

Kim Byung Man

Popularity Award

Bae Sung Jae and Kick a Goal Team Leaders

Lifetime Achievement Award

Lee Sang Min — My Little Old Boy

Leader of The Year

Ha Seok Ju and Kim Byung Ji — Kick a Goal

Social Star Award

Lim Chang Jung and Seo Ha Yan — Same Bed, Different Dreams 2: You Are My Destiny

Yoo Hyun Ju — Golf Battle: Birdie Buddies

Entertainer of The Year

Kick a Goal Producing Team

Best Character Award

Lee Kyung Kyu — Golf Battle: Birdie Buddies

Best Teamwork Award

Same Bed, Different Dreams 2: You Are My Destiny Team

Best Couple Award

Yoo Jae Suk and Kim Jong Kook — Running Man

Excellence Award in Talk/Reality

Heo Kyung Hwan — My Little Old Boy

Excellence Award in Show/Sports

Chae Ri Na — Kick a Goal

Top Excellence Award in Talk/Reality

Kim Joon Ho — My Little Old Boy

Top Excellence Award in Show/Sports

Lee Hyun Yi — Kick A Goal

Program of The Year

My Little Old Boy

Kick A Goal

Running Man

Producer’s Award

Tak Jae Hoon

Grand Prize (Daesang)

Yoo Jae Suk — Running Man

0845-CE59-D24-C-464-C-BA85-5157-C89-A90-

Spoiler

Spoiler

https://programs.sbs.co.kr/enter/2022entertainment/main?div=tv_total_new

• Like 5

Movies with star-studded casts coming to theaters next month

By Kwak Yeon Soo

optimize-1.jpg

A poster for the film, "The Point Men" / Courtesy of Plus M Entertainment

December welcomed some of 2022's biggest releases, such as "Avatar: The Way of Water," and "Hero" among many others. January won't see as many theatrical releases as in past months, but it will still have some exciting titles on offer for the audience, such as "Switch," "The Point Men" and "Phantom."

"Switch" is a heartwarming drama about an A-list actor, Park Kang (Kwon Sang Woo). It will hit theaters on Jan. 4. The cast also includes Oh Jung Se, Lee Min Jung, and child actors Park Soi and Kim Jun.

The action drama, "The Point Men," directed by Yim Soon Rye,  starring actors Hwang Jung Min and Hyun Bin, will hit theaters on Jan. 18. Hyun will be back in his first movie since welcoming a baby boy with actress Son Ye Jin in November. Hyun Bin's last movie was the comedy action film, "Confidential Assignment 2: International." The movie, which wrapped up filming in 2020, was originally set for a 2022 release date. However, the studio delayed the film due to the COVID-19 pandemic.

optimize.jpg

A poster for the film, "Phantom" / Courtesy of CJ ENM

The action spy film, "Phantom," written and directed by Lee Hae Young, will also hit theaters ahead of January's Lunar New Year holiday. It boasts a star-studded cast that includes Seol Kyung Gu, Park Hae Soo, Lee Ha Nee, Park So Dam and Seo Hyun Woo.

Edited by twink_twink_
  • Like 2
  • Clapping Hands 3

Korea joongAng Daily
newyork-logo.png

Reporter Lim Jeong Won

'Missing: The Other Side' returns for Season 2 on Monday

Main poster for ″Missing: The Other Side″ season 2 [SCREEN CAPTURE]

Main poster for ″Missing: The Other Side″ Season 2 

“Missing: The Other Side” returns to television with its Season 2 premiere Monday.

The new tvN drama series starring Go Soo and Huh Joon Ho will be broadcast for the first time on Monday, with a brand new story line.

Go Soo and Huh Joon Ho captivated viewers with their combination as a needlessly righteous swindler and a father who misses his daughter.

I feel some intense butterflies, I'll be completely hooked on. happy Christmas and happy watching this series everyone. 

• Like 5

jWExCal.gif

By Yonhap News

'The Glory' features female revenge drama with Song Hye Kyo

optimize.jpg

Actress Song Hye Kyo attends a press conference for Netflix series 'The Glory' at the JW Marriott Dongdaemun Square Seoul, Dec. 20. 

Actress Song Hye Kyo, widely known as the "Melodrama Queen," is returning with a new Netflix series, "The Glory," a grim revenge drama involving bullying at school.

Set to stream on Netflix on Dec. 30, "The Glory" tells the story of a woman who suffered school violence and elaborately takes revenge on her former bullies. Ahn Gil Ho took the helm of the two-part series, with the second part scheduled for March.

Song reunited with star writer Kim Eun Sook for the first time in six years since their mega-hit drama series "Descendants of the Sun" to venture into the new genre.

optimize-1.jpg

The poster for 'The Glory' / Courtesy of Netflix

• Like 5

kim-hyun-joo-khjdang.gif

Korea joongAng Daily

newyork-logo.png

By Yim Seung Hye

The Poster for upcoming sci-fi film ″JUNG_E.″ [NETFLIX]

The Poster for upcoming sci-fi film ″JUNG_E.″ [NETFLIX]

Netflix announced Wednesday that it will release director Yeon Sang Ho’s “JUNG_E” on Jan. 20. The sci-fi film is written by Yeon and features late actress Kang Soo Yeon.

“JUNG_E” is set in a post-apocalyptic 22nd century. Humans have created a shelter in outer space as they can no longer live on Earth due to climate change. Then a civil war breaks out. To end the war, researchers at an AI lab attempt to clone the brain of a legendary combat warrior named Jung_E.

Kang is featured in the film as the head of the AI research lab. Kang was expected to make her first return to the silver screen in nine years in the film but passed away in May after suffering a sudden cardiac arrest.

Yeon is the director behind “Train to Busan” (2016) and “Hellbound” (2021). Actress Kim Hyun Joo plays Jung_E.

Edited by twink_twink_
  • Like 5

tumblr-313cc229b982a1f22d593e9102af42fb-

By Kwak Yeon Soo

Ju Ji Hoon on why he chose mid-budget film after starring in mega-blockbusters

optimize-1.jpg

A scene from the film, 'Gentleman' / Courtesy of Contents Wavve

Actor Ju Ji Hoon, best known for his roles in the "Along With the Gods" film franchise and Netflix series, "Kingdom," went against expectations and chose to pursue a mid-budget movie instead of vying for a role in another major franchise.

In the crime comedy film, "Gentleman," Ju plays the role of Ji Hyun Soo, a private detective. Ju, shared his thoughts on starring in mid-budget films and why theaters still need them.

"I believe that studios should pump out more quality mid-budget movies because they allow for a wider range of themes and genres to get explored. As long as a film has its own charm and an interesting concept, I am willing to take part in the project," he said during an interview with The Korea Times at a cafe in Seoul, Friday.

The 40-year-old actor said he now seeks advice from young staff when selecting movie roles.

"I take more chances because I have learned some things over the years. I want to make the kind of films that I would want to see. However, I have to admit that I'm in my 40s now and I don't know what genres young people like to watch the most. So I often ask my staff who are in their 20s about their favorite genres," he said.

optimize-2.jpg

Actor Ju Ji Hoon / Courtesy of Contents Wavve

Describing "Gentleman" as a straightforward caper movie with fantasy elements, he lauded director Kim Kyung Won's creative endeavor.

"Although I had limited information about director Kim because this was his second feature film, I was able to sense the overall tone of the film by speaking to him directly," he said.

Ju hinted that he will be starring in entertainment TV show "Bros on Foot" alongside actors Ha Jung Woo, Yeo Jin Goo and Choi Minho, also known as Minho of K-pop boy band SHINee.

The four actors will be challenged with various missions and quests on their journey abroad.

"I was having a dinner with director Jang Tae You, with whom I worked together in SBS' drama series, 'Hyena,' and he asked me if I'm interested in doing a variety show with his brother, Jang Hyuk Jae , who is also a popular producer behind SBS' 'Running Man' and Netflix's 'Busted!'

At that time, I didn't give him a clear-cut answer. Few weeks later, actor Ha called me and said, 'This sounds fun. Are you in?' I told him I would do if he agrees to star in it," Ju said.

"Gentleman" will hit local theaters, Dec. 28. It is Wavve's first original film and will be available on the local streaming platform at a later date. However, the release schedule has not been decided yet.

• Like 5

2a3fea184fac41ed94e82c26a0a21bb816679638

'Reborn Rich' ends with its highest-rated episode

optimize.jpg

A scene from JTBC's series 'Reborn Rich' / Courtesy of JTBC.

The local cable channel JTBC series "Reborn Rich" came to an end Sunday, breaking its own viewership record and scoring the second highest rating for any drama from the channel.

The final episode of the 16-part corporate drama starring Song Joong Ki saw its ratings peak at 26.9 percent, according to Nielsen Ratings Korea.

The figure marked the best rating for the Friday-to-Sunday show and the second highest for any JTBC drama, following "The World of Married" (2020) with 28.4 percent.

"Reborn Rich" began with a 6.1 percent rating on Nov. 18 and continued its upward march to score 21.1 percent on Dec. 11, becoming the first Korean drama to surpass the 20 percent mark this year.

Based on the web-based novel by San Kyung and a webtoon of the same Korean title, which translates as "The Youngest Son of a Chaebol Family," the fantasy corporate drama follows Yoon Hyun Woo (played by Song), who was loyal to a wealthy family before being murdered and then seeks a different life when he's reborn as the youngest son of the family. 

optimize-1.jpg

Lee Sung Min, one of the main actors in JTBC drama 'Reborn Rich" / Courtesy of JTBC.

• Like 1
  • Clapping Hands 3