Reborn Rich 재벌집 막내아들 [2022]

Interesting. Not having read many news articles (on purpose), I was under the impression that SJK's role was being killed in the past and then reincarnated into the present time. Little did I know it was the opposite. Is that mean he was given a chance in life again...?

You know, if that's case, to ensure he will  reincarnate into the 1987... wouldn't he himself (Do Joon) be the one who killed himself (Yoon Hyun Woo)? Otherwise, he wouldn't be reborn!

What do you guys think, @Chocolate @abs-oluteM @ssteph?

Could this shot be potentially become the new badge? 😆

img.gif

• Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 1
5 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

nteresting. Not having read many news articles (on purpose), I was under the impression that SJK's role was being killed in the past and then reincarnated into the present time. Little did I know it was the opposite. Is that mean he was given a chance in life again...?

Oh I was under the impression he reincarnates in the future too. Definitely interesting but what do you mean he kills himself to be reincarnated again? 

I am of course gonna watch this. 

For those in Asia, this is available on Viu too

• Like 3

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  -  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - 

3 minutes ago, abs-oluteM said:

Oh I was under the impression he reincarnates in the future too. Definitely interesting but what do you mean he kills himself to be reincarnated again? 

As in to ensure the "future" him could reincarnate to become the 1987 (past) him, he might be the one that plotted to kill his future self.

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1
1 minute ago, mademoiselle said:

As in to ensure the "future" him could reincarnate to become the 1987 (past) him, he might be the one that plotted to kill his future self.

So is there a possibly the future self has done this before? So essentially it will become a time travel?

• Like 3

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  -  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - 

2 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

So is there a possibly the future self has done this before? So essentially it will become a time travel?

Not sure about this but because he brought his future memory with him to the past so he has the privy knowing that at which time point his future self has to die. In this instant it seems like time travelling more than reincarnation... I don't know this concept. Galaxy in the novel was the same too...Shao Shang was from the future and her soul transported to the past.

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1
37 minutes ago, movingwheel said:

Today is D Day , no? Finally inhave ended up taking disney membership… yes yes i am still in disbelief… summoning all of you here who were my partner in crime during vincenzo..

@ssteph @mademoiselle @abs-oluteM @stroppyse 

correct me if i am missing someone….

Yes, I will be checking this out of course. Today is elections day for Malaysia, so haven't had time to watch anything yet. Will write something soon

• Like 4

@ssteph @abs-oluteM @movingwheel I've seen episode 1 a few hours ago. Very good. It was engaging. Still trying to learn the faces of the Jin family.

So far my understanding is, Hyun Woo became the 4th son's son Do Joon but something must have happened to him and we never get to see the adult him in the present. The parents were divorced. The mother came to offer her 3% shares to the family member in exchange of the truth about her son.

• Like 3
  • Clapping Hands 1

Very interesting! Those wanting to see SJK in ep 2 will be disappointed - he barely appears. The episode was setting up his "re-birth" to the rich family and how his relationship with his grandfather begins. But the child actor was good (we're watching him grow up on screen with in his dramas). So is Lee Sung Min - what is that accent he is using? First time seeing Kim Shin Rok with so much makeup but she looks good!

It's not clear how it happens, but SJK's consciousness/soul has gone into the 2nd son (Jin Do Joon) of the 4th son. He suddenly "wakes up" as the grandson DJ with no knowledge of his life before that. He remembers everything that he knew as Hyun Woo (including his own family - wonder if he manages to save his mother from dying). So essentially it is HW in the body of a child. That is in 1987, 35 years ago.

Obviously, he is going to change history. For one, he saved his grandfather from dying in 1987. So instead of the 1st son running Soonyang since then, it would be grandpa. DJ would also be amassing great wealth since he knows how the economy will develop. Various synopsis says that HW will take revenge by trying to takeover the company from grandpa. But will we find out who was the one siphoning money overseas and ordered him killed - or is it a given that it is the oldest grandson Kim Sung Joon?

• Like 1
  • Clapping Hands 3

Episode 2 is soooo good! I couldn't tear my eyes off the screen when Lee Sung Min is on! He plays Jin Yang Chul so well I really enjoy it. Too bad Kim Kang Hoon's screen time is now over. I wouldn't mind seeing more of him growing into adult Do Jun. I don't know much about the land he picked. I actually thought he would ask for Gangnam :laugh:.

It's curious why the "real" Do Jun never existed in the Jin Family tree. Did one of the family members killed him that Jin Yang Chul had no choice but to erase him, to protect his empire?

It seems like Soon Yang is based on Samsung's history. Samsung, too, invested in semiconductor in the 80s.

Forgot to say yesterday I didn't realise I'd see Jin Young's cameo in episode 1. LOL. Or maybe I knew from the news but completely forgotten. He might appear again once we reach the end of the story and when the future and present overlaps.

Not sure how / what to explain of this phenomenon because in the 80s, Hyun Woo does exist. And I can see it was also played by Kim Kang Hoon himself. I suspect we probably won't know how it happen or why. Many stories/dramas just never bother to explain it.

Ah @Chocolate, you are here. I was gonna summon you. LOL, I wasn't disappointed with no Song Joong Ki at all because I was so immersed in the story-telling and performances. Plus, we still get to hear Song Joong Ki's narrating in his deep voice anyway.

@movingwheel I was a bit worried this drama will be makjang because of the "revenge" premise but it's so engaging and I'm hooked that I'll go through this makjang willingly. Hahaha!

• Like 1
  • Clapping Hands 4

@mademoiselle i am hooked too… initially the vibe felt a bit different because of the colour on screen but its song joong ki… i had to give a chance and now i am hooked… the way he won his grand father over….huge increase in ratings in a single dat that too in jtbc… this is good !!! Sooo good !!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Clapping Hands 1
  • Party! 1

Currently watching

K-Drama :  

C-Drama :  Road Home

Agreed with everyone. First two episodes ( especially eps 2 ) gets two thumbs up from me. They could not have chosen a better child actor in Kim Kang Hoon. This young actor is growing up before our eyes. There was fantastic chemistry in his scenes with Lee Sung Min. I look forward to SJK and his scenes now.  History has changed somewhat since DJ saved his grandfather's life, & it will be interesting to see how that alters the future of this family and company. 

• Like 1
  • Clapping Hands 3

I had a thought. Could the land Hyun Woo/Do Jun asked for is the land that his mother is at the time? Since it's the 80s-90s, it means that area might go into re-development and we all know the big businesses tried to shoo the locals away with force. His mother might have passed away due to that.

He wanted a land in Bundang-dong, Seongnam*, Gyeonggi Province. From the below description, the price of land sounds expensive at present time.

*LOL at Seong Nam :laugh: (those who is watching The Queen's Umbrella will get it).

Seongnam (Korean pronunciation: [ˈsʰʌŋ.nam]) is the fourth largest city in South Korea's Gyeonggi Province after Suwon[2] and the 10th largest city in the country. Its population is approximately one million. Seongnam is a satellite city of Seoul. It is largely a residential city located immediately southeast of Seoul and belongs to the Seoul Capital Area.

Seongnam, the first planned city in Korea's history, was conceived during the era of President Park Chung-Hee for the purpose of industrializing the nation by concentrating electronic, textile, and petrochemical facilities there during the 1970s and 1980s. The city featured a network of roads, to Seoul and other major cities, from the early 1970s on. Today, Seongnam has merged with the metropolitan network of Seoul. Bundang, one of the districts in Seongnam, was developed in the 1990s.

To accelerate the dispersion of Seoul's population to its suburbs and relieve the congested Seoul metropolitan area, the Korean government has provided stimulus packages to large public corporations and private companies to be headquartered in the Bundang district. Bundang-gu is now home to prominent companies such as KT[3] (formerly Korea Telecom).

• Insightful 2
  • Haha 2