Reborn Rich 재벌집 막내아들 [2022]

i don't know much about korea's development history...so i am keeping it at that and just enjoying the flow as of now....

Song joong Ki.... every year i just wait and wait to find out about the projects he chooses.... and never have i ever been disappointed... they are soo good...whatever he does...now if i keep writing , it will become song jonng ki admiration/fangirling / oppaloving thread....

So I am choosing to keep it at that... the rating for 2nd episode reached 8.8 from 6...while this is JTBC...

Salute to the hard work he puts to create his personal brand...that is something I admire sooo much...

• Like 3
  • Clapping Hands 1

Currently watching

K-Drama :  

C-Drama :  Road Home

So, at the beginning of ep 3, Do Joon has sold off the land already 🤣 He made $24M, which seems very little in today's terms for that valuable plot of land. He put his money in a US investment fund. By the end of ep 3, the fund is now competing with Soonyang for a steel company, although no one knows yet that he owns the fund.

I wonder if Do Joon feels any love for his "grandfather". Obviously he hates the children and grandchildren, but grandpa didn't do anything to him. In this reborn life, they seem to have a good relationship. If things continued, there is a high chance he would inherit Soonyang. When he snatched the steel company, his goal was stated as preventing the 1st son from completing his task. Is he targeting the 1st son or grandpa?

• Like 3

So from what I have gathered so far it seems like SJK's reborn character Do Jun is an altogether new family member that didn't exist in the previous timeline. Please correct me if I am wrong. 

2 minutes ago, Chocolate said:

So, at the beginning of ep 3, Do Joon has sold off the land already 🤣 He made $24M, which seems very little in today's terms for that valuable plot of land. He put his money in a US investment fund. By the end of ep 3, the fund is now competing with Soonyang for a steel company, although no one knows yet that he owns the fund.

I wonder if Do Joon feels any love for his "grandfather". Obviously he hates the children and grandchildren, but grandpa didn't do anything to him. In this reborn life, they seem to have a good relationship. If things continued, there is a high chance he would inherit Soonyang. When he snatched the steel company, his goal was stated as preventing the 1st son from completing his task. Is he targeting the 1st son or grandpa?

I think his goal is not limited to exacting revenge from his killer only. He wants to bring Sunyang Corporation down as even after serving the family diligently, he was still disposed off without wishing them any harm. Anyways even if the grandpa would have been alive in the previous timeline, he wouldn't have treated his employee any better. The way he treats his own children is ghastly, no expectations that he would have treated any employee better. 

• Like 2
  • Clapping Hands 2

There were two things I particularly liked about eps 3:

1. DJ making some very calculated moves on his chess board slowly but surely.  I had been wondering what his plans were as  it would be a shame not to make use of the knowledge he has to bring this family down. It's quite clear that DJ is not only going to find the killer , he's going to take it all. That is the best revenge.

2. His conversation with Min Young at the Prestige Club. She was appalled that  he had brought her there without telling her about the meeting. So when she spouted about not having that sort of privilege, he immediately chided her and made her rethink her perception about the privilege she thinks she lacks. 

• Like 2
  • Clapping Hands 2

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  -  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - 

1 hour ago, abs-oluteM said:

There were two things I particularly liked about eps 3:

1. DJ making some very calculated moves on his chess board slowly but surely.  I had been wondering what his plans were as  it would be a shame not to make use of the knowledge he has to bring this family down. It's quite clear that DJ is not only going to find the killer , he's going to take it all. That is the best revenge.

2. His conversation with Min Young at the Prestige Club. She was appalled that  he had brought her there without telling her about the meeting. So when she spouted about not having that sort of privilege, he immediately chided her and made her rethink her perception about the privilege she thinks she lacks. 

I too liked that there is more to his revenge than finding his killer or becoming the heir. He is aiming for the ultimate kill i.e. destroying Sangyan corporation. 

I loved the privilege conversation because all of us in general complain about privilege of people higher than our socioeconomic backgrounds while we ourselves might do the same within our group. Nepotism is bad only when it doesn't benefit us...if it is our own family we 100% expect the support of our own family. Also DJ is not talking in the air but has experienced living a life belonging to the lower strata, so h does actually know privilege when he sees it. 

• Like 1
  • Clapping Hands 3
15 hours ago, Lodestar said:

too liked that there is more to his revenge than finding his killer or becoming the heir. He is aiming for the ultimate kill i.e. destroying Sangyan corporation.

What I find  interesting in this show is that while HW/ DJ knows exactly the outcome of everyone in this show and all the important world events , he has no idea about the outcome of DJ's life. The DJ that he is inhabiting now is like blank canvas. He's ultimate fate is still unwritten. Don't know if that makes sense. LOL . And what is also interesting thus far is that this isn't exactly a time travel show. As in the rules of time travel doesn't apply - despite changes that DJ made ( saving his grandfather's life for instance) , a lot of things don't change either. 

• Like 3

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  -  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - 

My concern is could Do Jun's disappearance "from history" was because he was caught doing all this to Jin Yang Chul.

The scenario of Hyun Woo (present) → Do Jun (past) is not unheard of as I've come across similar stories in novels, including the original novel of Love Like the Galaxy. Galaxy called it "reincarnation" but this goes against what my impression of reincarnation is as reincarnation usually means when we die, our soul is reincarnated to the "next life" which usually means the future, never the past. Reincarnation is also ties with karma.

It can hardly be called time-travelling either since the person weren't time-travelling back to himself or in the same body.

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1

Could it be like Mr Queen?

- How do we know that HW died in the original timeline? He could be in a coma too 😆

- It is also unconfirmed if 4th couple had 1 or 2 sons - there is that mystery of the mother asking the family to explain about what happened to her son. So far, the older child seems like a nuisance and probably wouldn't a play a big part in this mystery. It could be that there was a 2nd son but something happened to him when he was young - thus the couple divorced and HW never knew about him because it was old history by the time he started working for the company.

- There is a HW in the current DJ timeline - what happens to him? Are they the same age?

• Like 3
5 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

As in the rules of time travel doesn't apply - despite changes that DJ made ( saving his grandfather's life for instance) , a lot of things don't change either. 

I hope this gets explained later. By right, with his grandfather being alive, there should be quite a lot of changes in the lives of the children/grandchildren and the company. I think it should not be as easy to navigate the days ahead. Then the question is, why did he think of saving his grandfather? Making sure he didn't get on the plane? Surely not because he has developed feelings for him... because of respect and admiration from his biography?

1 hour ago, Chocolate said:

- There is a HW in the current DJ timeline - what happens to him? Are they the same age?

I am going to guess they're the same age. From the little we see of the back of young HW, it's the same child actor. Very curious what happened to him also, since it's shown DJ coming back to check on his mother from time to time.

It is also very interesting, something I didn't really pay attention to, that in the initial timeline, our leads are around 40 yo. I would've imagined younger actually. 

• Like 3

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

34 minutes ago, ktcjdrama said:

Then the question is, why did he think of saving his grandfather? Making sure he didn't get on the plane? Surely not because he has developed feelings for him... because of respect and admiration from his biography?

I think he needs the grandfather to amass his wealth.

If the grandfather died, the older son will takeover. He would definitely not give anything to his brother's son.

Whereas with the grandfather, he has a chance. The old man likes smart people. And as shown, he was successful in gaining his grandfather's favour.

• Like 2
  • Insightful 2

Each episode is better than the one before. I thought it was a makjang at first but 2 and 3 disabused me of that. The script feels promising. A lot of research seems to have gone into it. Although the set-up feels like Again My Life for all the obvious reasons, it actually reminds me more of Money Flower. The lead character is almost like a reversal of Kang Pil-joo. Jin Do-jun in his first life was quite literally a slavish but efficient fixer of the family who becomes a member of the Jin family via transmigration. Kang Pil-joo, a blood-related relative assumed dead, comes back to life as the family's lap dog. Both plot revenge and possibly a complete take over of the business empire.

This is Lee Sung-min's third drama for 2022. The man's been busy. Juvenile Justice and Shadow Detective are both fantastic shows. Hope this one goes well for him too.

I don't know where the romance is headed at this point but it's good to see Shin Hyun-bin again in a different role.

Edited by 40somethingahjumma
  • Like 2
  • Clapping Hands 1

Currently Watching: Queen of Tears, In Blossom

"Love is not an affectionate feeling but a steady wish for the loved person's good as far as it can be obtained." -- CS Lewis.

I wont put another description of episode… every one is already gushing about it …. I just want to say rating in. Jtbc is 11 points something… i think that sums it up

@stroppyse it is not a visual retreat like Vincenzo and it is a bit heavy.. but the storyline is catchy and acting is top notch… WATCHHHHHH…

@mademoiselle yep jeff bezos started amazon as an online book selling company… bothe jeff n mckenzie bezos… and then jeff bezos dumped her and got into midlife crisis…resulting in his affairs and divorce.. zthen mckenzie bezos married a school teacher … they still co patent their children….if i keep going on and on about the life of billionaires , create a different thread where we can discuss billionaires and their promiscuous attitude… i think that thread will become popular… 😜😜😉😉😅🤣

• Haha 6

Currently watching

K-Drama :  

C-Drama :  Road Home

Ahahahaha @movingwheel That's not the kind of "real" history I want to know. Unless this scandal helps Do Jun takes over Soon Yang or something! :lmao2:

The pre-release episode is scaring me again. The show kept making me anxious/nervous Haraboji will find out about Do Jun's betrayal!

EDIT: Omo, I nearly forgot. Don't you guys think SJK look ESPECIALLY handsome (maybe the hair) at the car race scene???

Fid5RsCaMAIET-z?format=jpg&name=large

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Haha 2
  • Heart Eyes 3
On 11/22/2022 at 9:20 PM, Chocolate said:

Could it be like Mr Queen?

- How do we know that HW died in the original timeline? He could be in a coma too 😆

Mr Queen's scenario happened because the Queen's consciousness was suppressed, but there was nothing wrong with Do Jun. He's unlikely in a comatose stage in the car and here there was no sign of him at all in his own body.

• Like 4