[K-Artist] Hyun Bin 현빈

So, so happy to hear about Confidential Assignment with Daniel Henney joining the cast!

However, Yoona... no, please! Okay, not trying to bash her, but her acting needs a bit more polishing. She was fine as a supporting cast, but I'm leery of her being promoted to a lead. What was fun about Confidential Assignment was actually the bromance between Hyun Bin and Yoo Hae Jin. I just hope that they aren't trying to turn it into a romance type thing.

Not to mention, I can hear the BinJins out for blood from here... :nervous:

• Haha 2

Thanks to TotoroSy for translating the facebook post ❤

Spoiler

Some background - from one of her FB story, if I am not mistaken, either her husband  or one of the uncle (she called the person 2nd uncle) is a professional golf coach with UK PGA Golf Coaching qualification. This is the coach that HB (and other Bargaining cast/ crew?) got golf lessons from. 

Here's a summary of the FB mom blogger's account of her encounter with HB (not exact translation).

1) In her FB story, it seems that HB (and maybe a few others) engaged her husband (or 2nd uncle) as golf coach, and they started at 6am. She was still in bed (haha). I think the husband (or 2nd uncle) took a pix with HB but the manager asked them not to post the picture.

2) Throughout her account, she calls HB as Zheng He, which is the chinese name for Jeong Hyuk haha!

3) She also called out ppl who said that HB looks like a middle-aged uncle. She said that in Jordan it's important to grow a beard. If you want to grow a beard, must have a full beard and not just a few strands like plucked chicken butt (haha). Or just leave it clean-shaven. She said there's no one as charming as HB in middle-east. So gentle, polite, strong and charming. Most importantly, his skin is fair*, and so handsome until he shines!

(LOL! She's a real fan girl, defending HB's looks)

*(When she said HB's skin is fair, I think he is tanned but the way a fair skinned person get tanned ie more reddish. We can see that from today's pix/ video of HB at Incheon)

4) That night she was already putting her daughter to sleep, preparing to read her a story. Then suddenly she got a phone call that the Bargaining team/ HB is eating at her restaurant. Her hubby and child was nice enough to say let's go there together since no one can sleep anyway. So they drove fast over to the restaurant. When she saw HB she wanted to scream. 

5) At the restaurant, she slowly moved her position so that she is facing HB, and she wanted to scream again (haha). He seems to be looking at her, then she realise he was looking at her daughter. All the crew/ cast was also looking at the daughter who was playing hide and seek. HB was also looking for her that's why he looked at the mom. She felt so shy. The blogger used her eyes to indicate to HB that her daughter is behind the pillar, so he tilted his head to look for the child. She wanted her daughter to take a pix with HB but was blocked by the manager (here the blogger funnily said, the manager should just eat his meal haha)

6) Finally, her family's queen (not sure who this is, her mom, husband??) helped request for signatures. But still couldn't get close to him. It's OK though cuz she made eye contact with him - so no need to wash her eyes anymore (haha). Also she said "There's only one phrase in my heart ...... he is really very handsome!!

7) Kang Ki Young was also there, and he was very kind and friendly. Also gave his signature. She said she will watch his dramas next time.

Edited by Chocolate
  • Like 2

[Hyunbin] Planting Hyunbin in your gallery ❤️

The title and text below are according to google translate.

It also says "Peekaboo, it’s your best friend ☆ Today, I brought a new beanie with both hands to fill your hungry gallery with new pics ♥ (feat. Best Lee Ju-Jeop, who looks indifferent). Everyone stretches their thumbs up, and the new pics begin!" LOL!

These are from the Smart CF.

Source: Naver Vast

Who wrote these captions? :lol:

"I think I've seen such a statue in the art room, but it seems like I saw it in a museum in Europe or something."

hoS4YJQ.png

Spoiler

GT5PO3Z.jpg

mPQTKLG.jpg

LP2djap.jpg

Fwon4Fb.jpg

"That’s right, on a European blah museum tour, it is said that after God made him, he pinched fingers on both cheeks as a sign of his love."

c9PlGCO.jpg

"Try to follow all 9.25 million desoonies from all over the world (inhale).

Kim Tae-Pyung ㅠㅠ (Exhalation)
Cute ㅠㅠ"

XQAZRtj.jpg

"I couldn't see the stars in the night sky, so I asked where it went, and they were all stuck in my eyes.

Edited by Chocolate
  • Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 1

...continued [text by google translate]

Nbjvsby.jpg

"You, me, the "wandia" in our hearts ☆★ In the midst of just total illumination."

"Gatwall visuals that I want to devote my whole life to the floor."

HiPAfjn.jpg

VS6QR7H.jpg

"A classic of lazy and sexy eyes."

""Does it need any more words? From his head to his feet, taxi fees KRW 92,500."

F22BJRA.png

Edited by Chocolate
  • Like 2

...continued [text by google translate]

"Stun many people with a single photo Mr. Hyunbin, a Guinness holder (aka black beans from Seoul)."

iZWEsGh.png

"This is the world of God
180 degree ssㅓ round is the dignity of the handsome"

O8ZhjY1.png

"Beanie, people who have a mortgage with a smile, stand in line behind Bestri (1 / N x 925 people)"

ZY0zWyR.png

Spoiler

"My beauty
doll boyfriend Ken was my first love in the days of Best Lee's nose , but the sharp  first ㅅrㄹ6 fragrance from Vinnea| Ga Nahyo—̳͟͞͞♡"

j0dhV9Y.jpg

"Hyunbin, I think we like you because you're handsome, but that
's a big mistake? (Heung Chit Bong)"

zpMtE2L.jpg

3FvlY3E.jpg

"Our beanie like an apple that has been carefully wiped with pure first-grade water. The face,
eyes, nose, and mouth are shiny."

6xfVcox.jpg

"#South Korea_Nambawan_Side condition Yes... You are the 1st place in Korea... No. 1st place on Earth ... No. 1st place in the solar system... No. 1st place in space..ㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠ"

Kx5eX0z.png

3uwUCoh.jpg

yyBeLac.jpg

"Why the hell make people's heart flutter as if you've drank 39 packs of high caffeine coffee milk with only the oblique muscles . Why can't only Bestree's heart beat?"

5KCB90P.jpg

Edited by Chocolate
  • Like 1

Amazing to think that an ajusshi could look this hot! Thanks for the photos.

50 minutes ago, Chocolate said:

말이 더 필요한가요? 머리부터 발끝까지 택시비 92,500원

Thought this was funny. This translates to:

"Does it need any more words? From his head to his feed, taxi fees KRW 92,500."

And since I'm translating anyway, this one is a bit looser translation attempt.

52 minutes ago, Chocolate said:

너, 나, 우리 맴 속의 완댜님☆★ 이 자체발광 중이셨음;

"You, me, the "wandia" in our hearts (stars)  In the midst of just total illumination."

I put "wandia" in quotes because I'm not familiar with the word. At first, I thought they might be trying to say "wonder", but the phoneticisation isn't right for that, though one never knows. It could also be shortened slang for a total good looking person. shrug

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

He's back!

Translated by Google (edited for grammar and errors in translation)

5c184272-35a8-40d2-a7a7-3a465b8e200f.jpg

Sep 12, 2020 Video = Reporter Kim Mi-ry

[Site Video] "It shines even from a distance"...Hyunbin, safely returning home

Source: Dispatch

Hyunbin exited the arrival hall with a shining aura even from a distance.

After filming the movie 'Negotiation', he entered Korea through Incheon International Airport on the afternoon of the 12th.

Hyunbin returned home safely and gave off a warm visual.

Spoiler

Meanwhile, 'Negotiation' is the story of a diplomat and a NIS agent struggling to save a Korean kidnapped in the Middle East, and Director Lim Soon-rye grabbed a megaphone. Hwang Jung-min, Hyun Bin, Kang Ki-young, and Kwon Hyeok appear.

Sep 12, 2020 News Reporter Lee Hana / Photo Reporter Ji Ji Jin

Hyun-bin, returning home from Jordan after filming 'Bargaining'

Source: Newsen

Spoiler

Actor Hyun-bin returned from Jordan after filming the movie 'Negotiation'.

Hyunbin entered Korea through Incheon International Airport on the afternoon of September 12th. Hyun-bin kept the schedule for returning to Korea secretly, but the news of his arrival in the country was delivered as the appearance of the stopover at Doha International Airport was revealed through social media.

On that day, Hyunbin arrived at Incheon Airport wearing a black mask and hat, and went through the entry process meticulously according to the quarantine guidelines, and immediately went into self-isolation for two weeks.

vRoTrFv.jpg

IgzoCwm.jpg

KG9SmYH.jpg

37HFKi4.jpg

Earlier, Hyun-bin left for Jordan on July 13th to shoot the movie 'Negotiation' with Hwang Jung-min, Kang Ki-young, and Jeon Seong-woo. After arriving at the site, they went through a self-isolation period of 8 days before filming.

The 'Negotiation' team was initially scheduled to conduct local filming in March, but the schedule was delayed due to the spread of Corona 19 around the world. The 'Negotiation' team received permission to shoot for about two months from July after discussion with the Jordanian government.

Prior to Hyun-bin, Hwang Jung-min entered Korea on the 2nd and began self-isolation. Hwang Jung-min returned to Korea earlier than other actors due to the filming of the JTBC drama 'Hush' (directed by Choi Gyu-sik/Kim Jung-min) scheduled to be broadcast in the second half of this year.

Meanwhile, the film'Negotiation' directed by Im Soon-rye tells the story of a diplomat and an NIS agent struggling to save a Korean kidnapped in the Middle East.

It is a painted work.

Reporter Hyung-Hwa Jeon | 2020.09.12 16:16

[Exclusive] Hyun-bin, returning home from Jordan... welcome fans to "It would be better not to come close"

Source: StarNews

optimize

Hyunbin returned home after filming the movie'Negotiation' in Jordan on the 12th./Photo = Reporter Lim Seong-gyun

Actor Hyun-bin returned home from Jordan after filming the movie  "Bargaining''.

On the afternoon of the 12th, Hyun-bin returned from Jordan via Incheon International Airport. According to the quarantine guidelines, Hyun-bin is tested for Corona 19 and goes into self-isolation. Hyun-bin was initially scheduled to return to Korea on the 10th, but due to local circumstances, he arrived in Korea through Doha on that day.

On this day, about 10 fans gathered at Incheon Airport to welcome Hyun-bin's return home. Hyun-bin kept his return schedule a secret, but the news of his arrival was delivered as local fans who recognized him at the stopover, Doha International Airport, posted on social media.

On this day, Hyun-bin, wearing a black mask and hat, passed the arrival hall with the manager who accompanied Jordan. Hyun-bin thanked the fans who welcomed him, but said, "It would be better not to come close." He expressed his concern for the health of fans because he had to go into self-isolation.

According to the quarantine guidelines, Hyun-bin's agency did not go to the airport to meet him. Hyun-bin and the manager will each go to a self-isolation site by car and spend two weeks in self-isolation.

Spoiler

Hyun-bin and Hwang Jung-min Kang Ki-young and others left for Jordan on a chartered charter on July 13, spent a period of self-isolation in the region, and then started filming "Bargaining". After two months of shooting, Hwang Jung-min arrived in Korea on the 2nd and Kang Ki-young on the 9th and went into self-isolation.

'Bargaining' is a work about the rescue of the abducted people based on the abduction case of Koreans in the Middle East. Director Lim Soon-rye, who directed 'The Best Moment of Our Life' and 'Little Forest' grabbed the megaphone. Hwang Jung-min played the role of the diplomat Jaeho, and Hyun-bin played the role of the NIS agent Daesik.

Initially, "Bargaining" was planned to start filming in Jordan from the end of March, but due to the Corona 19 pandemic, the Jordanian government banned the entry of Koreans and local filming was missed. This'negotiation'

After completing self-isolation, Hyun-bin plans to take a break and review the scenarios for adaptation of the movie "Gongjo 2'' and make a final appearance decision. When it is confirmed to appear in "Gongjo 2", it will start shooting with Yoo Hae-Jin, Yoona, and Daniel Henney from early next year.

Edited by Chocolate
  • Like 1

Another fun video from Crying Oppa & Toxic Baby. She summarises the headlines of Korean media - Hyun Bin's "heart-throbbing eyes", "sexy biceps", "breath-taking real man's eyes" 😍 It also mentions that the airport staff/volunteer managed to obtain an autograph! She deserves it for being able to able to talk to Hyun Bin calmly. She's so lucky he came to her counter lol 🤩

For those who must watch all of Hyun Bin's airport arrival 😁, here are more videos. He was very polite, as usual, to airport staff, reporters and fans. He was also concerned about social distancing and gestured for fans not to come too close.

Spoiler

Edited by Chocolate
  • Like 1

When Hyun Bin was in Jordan, a fan living in Jordan saw him in a supermarket with a bag full peaches! She's so lucky! Thank you for sharing with us.

5t4wlRv.png

Credit: @aaa_batool

Her tweets

Spoiler

r5RaIzU.png?1

OWxWYfL.png?1

RF5V6i4.png?2

6awrijC.png?1

The fan has now posted a photo since he is back in Korea. She did not share earlier out of respect for his privacy in Jordan. So thoughtful of her.

OljkN0d.png

Credit: @aaa_batool

More photos while in Jordan

Edited by Chocolate
  • Like 1

[Documenting - tag to page 1 of this thread]

Sep 17, 2009

Hyun-bin, the first male star to appear on cover of female fashion magazine Ceci's 15th anniversary issue

QyUOBRK.png

Hyun Bin asks Hyun Bin answers

Read the full Chinese article here

Thanks to KimSooHanMoo for her translation (extract) ❤

Spoiler

A Chinese fan has posted the Chinese translation of a Ceci’s interview with Hyunbin in 2009. Actually, on weibo, in order to educate new fans about Hyunbin (these became fans of Hyunbin after Memories of the Alhambra), a few of his old time fans have dug up and reposted their past postings of translations of news and interviews. This Chinese translation of this Ceci interview is however a new one that was just posted yesterday.

This interview was done after he had a 19-month long working period of working on 3 projects -  TV Drama ‘World Within Us’ in 2008, followed by TV Drama ‘Friends Our Legend’ in 2009 and Movie ‘I am Happy’. The interviewer quoted lines from his characters or the female lead characters in these projects (as well as his earlier projects) and posed him questions based on these quotes. It is a very meaningful interview which gives us a very good insight into his views about acting and his profession. The interview also gives us a glimpse of how and what he thinks about certain things concerning love, marriage, family etc.

I have only extracted the parts that are relevant/interesting for the readers and participants in this thread. My English translation of extracts of this Ceci’s Interview is based on the Chinese translation as I do not have access to the original Hangeul version.

#JiWoo “That’s what I don’t like about you. I’d say this, you and I are dating. Why do we have to hide this from the people in our company?” – (Worlds Within Us, Episode 9)

Q: Until now, as soon as you have a girlfriend, not only through your agency but you yourself would announce it to the media. It seems like you do not have the habit of hiding such information from the public.

A: It is not that I want to reveal. It is also not that I do not want to reveal. By coincidence, it just happened to be revealed. And then things take off on its own. Now I have become an active contributor to scandals. Anyhow, this is unavoidable. So, I’d like to think that it is not such a bad thing for it to become people’s casual talk/gossip topic. However, I do not want this to be the basis that dictates my emotions. Koreans‘ reception to such things is different from foreigners’; Koreans are concerned about matters like, “This is my man”; “This is my oppa”. To be honest, I really dislike releasing any news about my girlfriend’s and my family members’ private life and matters. This is because, my fans do not become my fans after seeing me in my private life. And if because my girlfriend is like this, my family members are like that, I am like this or that in real person, if all of these are revealed, then in the future, what is left for me to show to all?   (Me: Referring to the fact that people will see it as acting and start to dissociate him with the drama characters. In the earlier part of the Interview, he talked about how after each project, people would call him by his drama character’s name, so he has become Gook (Ireland), Sam-shik (Kim Sam Soon), Ji-woo, Dong-su to them.). If I am no longer acting, then I would not mind for all of these to be revealed. Because this is not the case, my life is still a precious material that can be revealed through acting, that’s why I guard my privacy very jealously.

#JiWoo “What? I? Why do you assume that I am thinking of marriage and am crazy about getting married? You can ask around and ask any man. Which fool wants to get married?” (World Within Us Ep 7)

Q: While this is also the case for everybody, but even more so for an actor, marriage really isn’t an easy decision at all. Do you have any longing to get married or any phobia against marriage?

A: Indeed I hope and dream of marriage and having a family of my own. First of all, even though I have a certain degree of wealth, I want to be able to see my family walking around freely and living an ordinary, simple life. And no matter where my wife goes, I want to be able to be with her or see her without constraints. (Laughs). And I hope to be able to do away with the conventional parent-child barrier that results in a lot of parent-child misunderstanding and arguments. I want to have a happy and harmonious relationship with my children like that between friends. If I have a son, then, unarguably, let me be the one to teach my son. My father is very strict, so I do entertain happy wishful thoughts that I will not be like that. When I crave or long for marriage, these thoughts come in useful. (laughs). If my son wants to smoke, I will let him smoke in front of me. If he wants to exercise, I will coach him in physical activities. If he has a girlfriend, then I will let him bring her home. I want to be a person who can spend time with my family members whenever they need me, and a father who can accompany my children in every small and big milestone. I hope to build my own family and to have more family members to spend my life together with.

#JungAh “For you, love is about two people being happy together. For me, love is about two people being together, even if it brings misery to them.” #Gook “Dangerous love? I didn’t know you are such a person, now that I understand you more, I hate that kind of love.” (Ireland Ep 15) (Me: Hyunbin was Gook in Ireland and his wife “JungAh” was acted by Lee Na Young. In that drama, his wife did not love him but another man she fell in love with after her marriage.)

Q: Between “being happy together” kind of love vs “being together even if it brings misery” kind of love, for Hyunbin, which of these two types of love would more accurately describe your stand on love?

A: I like Gook’s stand on love, being happy together. This has nothing to do with my own will. It’s probably because the Korean society has created the man to be in a certain image. It is etched in the Korean man’s mind that he is to protect the family, provide financially for the family and to bear all kinds of responsibilities. If it is only the two people living in misery, then it is still probably okay. But in Korea, this is not possible. If the two people are in misery, their parents will also be miserable. Other family members will also be affected. When I think about these things, I will definitely not choose this type of love.

#JiWoo “Didn’t you beg your sunbaenim not to use the clichéd ‘destiny love story’, or ‘love at first sight type of hapless love story’ or ‘the irrationally melancholic and uninteresting kind of love story” as the script material? You are no longer a child. Regarding what adults say about destined love, fated love, first love, love at first sight, honestly, aren’t all these things just packaging?” (World Within Us Ep 5).

Q: Destined love, love at first sight, first love that is pure, fated love…Do you believe in these?

A: I believe, but I have never experienced any of these. I do not have anybody that can be counted as my “first love”. When I was in Elementary School, I did not ever have a crush on a teacher or my classmate seated next to me. I have also never idol-worshipped a foreign celebrity or movie star. In junior and senior High School, I did not have any interactions with girls (Me : He was in an all-boys high school all the way till end of senior High). It is not because I had any prejudices against girls at that time. It is just that I did not develop those kinds of feelings towards anyone. If a certain person looks good to me, I would just have this thought, “yes, that person looks good”, that is all; I never entertained the thought of whether I love that person – not even once.

Q: Even so, in the process of growing up, you must have fallen in love before. Your first love must have caught you by surprise, wouldn’t you say so? Because the feelings of first love is like that.

A: No, not really. (Laughs). When I fell in love, it was different. I don’t know what the reason is, it was just different. After the love relationship ended, the question, “Did I really love that person?” came into my mind. Clearly, I did say “I love you”, and I was definitely happy when we were together. At that time, it did feel like it was love, but when it ended, I have asked myself, “Was that love?”. Perhaps, “Ah, this is what love is” is something that needs time to discover and realize. 

This is the end of the extracts that I have for you.

Photos

Spoiler

tAchnVY.jpg

ykPtKtk.jpg

o3tjpxB.jpg

JAf1fKP.jpg

IRl6b3J.jpg

HRVQGsu.jpg

7UQyH33.jpg

iqZoUk8.jpg

wamCGMa.jpg

iynLnaU.jpg

XhKmQKw.jpg

0lebaxV.jpg

Click here for the making of video.

Source: 青青子0925purple_candy's blogKimSooHanMoo

Edited by Chocolate
  • Like 1

The Amazing Mr Bin

Feb 17, 2011 by movie journalist Shin Min Kyung

Source: Naver Movies, No. 912 Special Movie Edition 11.02.17

Thanks to OTAYAMIN for providing the translation.

7HeiQRx.jpg

THE MOST AMAZING GUY - in-depth interview with Hyun Bin

Becoming Korea’s most ‘amazing guy’ through [Secret Garden], Hyun Bin is also the ‘hottest’ actor in Chungmuro (Korea’s filmmaking district) now. [Manchu], his earlier work anticipated by many, is finally released, while the low-profile movie [Come Rain, Come Shine] has brought him onto the red carpets of the Berlin Film Festival. Although he seems to be suddenly thrust into the spotlight within less than 3 months, all these are obviously the afterglow of his determination and hard work. I (reporter Shin Min Gyung) met him in the midst of his murderous schedule before he enters the military in March. While the Hyun Bin in real life gives you a smile like Kim Ju Won’s, the way he works quietly, yet so passionately, makes me think he resembles Gil Ra Im more.

Interview with Hyun Bin in Manchu

lv5A1IT.jpg?1

Read the article here

Spoiler

“I’m attracted to screenplays with many empty spaces”

h02.jpg?zoom=2

Hyun Bin during the cut presentations during last year autumn’s Busan International Film Festival (above), and him in this year’s press conference, together with director Kim Tae Yong and Tang Wei (below)

h03.jpg?zoom=2

Q: [Manchu] premiered a little late. How do you feel about a movie you filmed some time ago?

A: I haven’t seen it yet. (This interview was held when Hyun Bin was at the VIP premiere, before the movie was screened – editor note) The first and only time I saw it was during last year’s Busan International Film Festival, but I heard the director has re-edited it. So today I shall view the re-edited version during the VIP premiere. I don’t think I can tell you now what I feel about it, I can only say I feel regretful.

From an actor’s point of view, if a movie doesn’t rise to the surface of the water (i.e. be presentable, for the sake of premiering in time), then the kind of acting I did during that time will be acceptable. The acting I had done, under those circumstances, in order to be able to be shown as soon as possible, I would be able to relate to the movie, but now (due to the delayed premiere) I feel regretful this way. Although, from a result-oriented perspective, because of [Secret Garden] (2010), there should be some increase in movie viewers (laughs), I think. You can say it’s the greed of being an actor, but while I did my best to act the role of ‘Hoon’ during the filming of [Manchu], I believe if I act the role again, there will probably be a different ‘Hoon’.

Q: Every time you choose a project, I heard that you often choose them based on their business potential. How do you think [Manchu] will appeal to viewers?

A: Isn’t the presence of Tang Wei enough? (laughs)

Q: Hyun Bin is in it too. (laughs)

A: As long as Tang Wei and Director Kim Tae Yong are in it, it will be good enough… (laughs)

h04.jpg?zoom=2

Filming location photographs: Hyun Bin and Tang Wei (above), Hyun Bin and Director Kim Tae Yong (below)

h05.jpg?zoom=2

Q: From the actor to the director and the production staff, it feels as if [Manchu] is made up of a dream team.

A: I met really outstanding staff. To have notable figures from the film industry, such as for photography (Kim Woo Hyung), art direction (Ryu Sung Hee), costume (Cho Sang Kyung), make up (Song Jong Hee) among others, it gives great strength to the production. I’m sure that viewers will enjoy the visual aspects of the movie. Add to that the meeting between a man and a woman of different cultures and languages, of how a closed-up man opens (the heart of) a closed-up woman, I think that is a very charming story.

Q: I’m curious how the actual casting circumstances were like.

A: From what I know, Tang Wei agreed to be in this since a long time ago, and has always been on a standby status. I received the screenplay while I was in Japan, and found it interesting. Although while it was interesting, the screenplay was very thin (few pages), as if it was written purely for reading pleasure. (laughs) But despite it’s thinness, I felt there were many empty spaces within, and thought it would be quite interesting if I took the role. So after I returned to Korea, I went to the office directly from the airport to meet Director Kim Tae Yong.

After talking to him during the meeting, I found out that there were parts where we thought similarly. The director had asked, “If we did the project like this, like that, would you like it?” I like this (way of working). It was how things went during my theater days too. Immediately after I said I liked it, he told me to go to the States as soon as I can. And I really did. Reaching Seattle in October 2009, except for a few days of special schedule that I returned to Korea, I stayed there till March (2010).

h06.jpg?zoom=2

[Manchu] through the bleakness of Seattle

h07.jpg?zoom=2

Q: In the movie, Seattle is portrayed as a city shrouded with fog. Although understandably, there will be enhancements by CG, but the place clearly has an atmosphere that cannot be found in Korea. While in Seattle, were there any aspects that particularly touched you emotionally?

A: Firstly, from a positive point of view (laughs), Seattle heightens my sensitivity. Being called the city where music has taken root, there are many live performances everywhere. I also had beer with the director at a live bar while talking about various stuff. While observing the people there, they seem to have a certain relaxed look that people from our country don’t. Because of that, I guess I felt more relaxed and peaceful, as well as heightened sensitivities.

From a negative point of view, Seattle is the city that Americans most want to live in, yet is also the city that has the highest suicide rate. Seriously, in (Seattle’s) winter, it’s like in the movie where the rain drizzles neverendingly. While Seattle was primarily chosen to capture that kind of backdrop, the city also gave me a feeling of loneliness. Of course this feeling helped to immerse me in my character, but personally I don’t really like rainy days. Except when drinking wine. Because of these reasons, I get this growing feeling of being trapped (when I was in Seattle).

Q: [Manchu] is a movie about what happens when a man and a woman of different nationalities and cultures meet. If the actress who acted opposite you wasn’t Tang Wei but was a Korean actress instead, I think you wouldn’t be able to portray the kind of feelings that the movie character had. Would those feelings be described as a strange sense of different-ness*? What kind of feelings did you experience while acting with Tang Wei opposite you?

* or a sense of foreign-ness, alienation from another culture

A: Firstly, I enjoyed it. Earlier, I had enjoyed watching [Lust, Caution] (2007), and I think she’s a really great actress. It is fortunate and very meaningful to be able to work with a person like her. Of course, there was a sense of different-ness* initially. And the fact that our dialogues were in English. Besides being actors, I had totally nothing in common with Tang Wei at all.

Tang Wei used to joke during interviews that I tried to avoid her when we were together, (laughs) but I didn’t mean to do that at all. Anyway compared to what appeared on-screen, the feeling of different-ness* was stronger off-screen. Despite this, while reading our scripts, talking to the director or having drinks etc, these activities continued to break the barrier of unfamiliarity between us, until the point where we laughed even while filming the most serious of scenes.

h08.jpg?zoom=2

Anna and Hoon, Tang Wei and Hyun Bin, in those 3 months, their hearts opened to each other.

h09.jpg?zoom=2

Q: Did these difficulties arise because of Tang Wei, or are you usually like this when with other actors?

A: My character has always been one who shies away from unfamiliar people. But during this movie, I had done my calculations somewhat as well. To portray the awkward relationship between Anna and Hoon when they first met, then it should be this way in real life as well, that’s what I thought. I even thought of not meeting her (Tang Wei) before the first filming started. (laughs) Except when we had to do script readings or hold discussions with the director.

I was like this while filming the drama [Friend, Our Legend] (2008). There were 20 episodes, and we started filming the adult scenes in the later part of the drama. At that point of the drama, the setting was that the relationship between Dong Soo (Hyun Bin) and Jun Seok (Kim Min Joon) was not good. In real life, I didn’t know Min Joon hyung very well, and the same for Min Joon hyung about me too. I also tried to do the same in this drama, but others said that it wouldn’t work. Instead, it is better to get closer to each other so that the we can synchronise with each other’s acting, and that’s what the director also suggested too.

In Tang Wei’s case, I became closer to her than I had expected, although with Korean actors I could share deeper conversations regarding the character or scenes. Anyway with this problem of language barrier between us… (laughs) I guess because of that we couldn’t get certain aspects across to each other.

“To express emotions through English, it was a painful, excruciating process“

Q: Did the burden of using English dialogue have any effect on your acting in the movie?

A: Yes, many times. It had the biggest impact. Relationships between people can be resolved over time, but language depends on yourself (to be resolved). What’s more, if moviegoers feel repulsed by this part (language), then no matter how well the movie is filmed, it’s useless. Even if the movie was filmed using our own language, it could be difficult to express the emotions 100%. To convey emotions using a language that I’ve never used before, it was excruciatingly painful and difficult.

Because of that I went to the U.S. earlier, and attended a school to learn from an English teacher every day. Also at the filming locations, there will always be a coach who is always helping to correct our language. We continued this way, and for the parts which weren’t satisfactory, they were re-worked when we returned to Korea. Truthfully speaking, I’m curious how the viewer reactions will be. Of course I hope I did well, but my (language) abilities are limited… but I feel that I did the best I could.

h10.jpg?zoom=2

At the filming location, language was Hyun Bin’s biggest burden.

h11.jpg?zoom=2

Q: But your English sounds pretty fluent. (laughs)

A: That’s why I’m curious. I as a Korean, acting in a movie directed by another Korean, Director Kim Tae Yong, how will the audience react to this movie that will be viewed like a foreign movie. Like other foreign movies, it will be viewed with subtitles, and I hope the audience won’t feel alienated by it.

Q: Well, people might question it like this – Isn’t Hoon’s English too perfect? Shouldn’t his grammer be a bit looser, not so sleek?

A: Regarding this, it was a difficult issue that we discussed much, between the director and me. Originally the English in certain paragraphs should be expressed in a more colloquial manner, the kind of English Americans speak nowadays. But wierdly somehow, I pronounce difficult (English) words better than the easy ones. (laughs) That’s how this problem (reporter’s question) arose. Thus while we were working in the US, the troubling question of “What should be Hoon’s English standard if he just spent a few years in the US?” started, and the appropriate vocabulary and language style for Hoon’s dialogues were all considered in detail.

With all that resulting in the final script of English said by Hoon in the movie, I felt that it’s unnecessary to speak the lines in a looser way. Because Hoon’s job is to make women happy. I thought – if that’s what he does, wouldn’t this guy try to be as fluent as possible?

h12.jpg?zoom=2

In the movie, we only see 3 days of the character ‘Hoon’.

h13.jpg?zoom=2

Q: In the movie, we only get to see 3 days of Hoon. But what happened to this guy that brought him to the US, and why did he end up doing that kind of job – this guy must have had some kind of past, right? When you first attempted the character of Hoon, did you give this character a background story to work from?

A: Rather than a story, I spent more efforts thinking about the situation of each scene. Hoon’s job (he does anything for women, in return for money) involves a lot of interaction with women, and he has to deal with unexpected situations with a lot of flexibility*. This was one of the most common topic I discussed with the director, and the word that the director said the most to me was that – “flexibility*”.

*유연함 – the word is literally ‘flexibility’, but on a human dimension, it also involves ‘tenderness’, ‘yielding’ ^^;

In the movie, nearly every situation that Hoon is in seems to be unexpected. Rather than making calculated moves, Hoon is always improvising on the spot – what happened, who it is happening to, what Hoon has to do to whoever it is – Hoon is always using his flexibility to deal with them. Therefore, rather than Hoon’s past, I thought more about Hoon’s reactions to the present.

Q: There were 2 scenes in [Manchu] that left a deep impression for me. The first is the scene where Hoon got into a fight with Anna’s ex-lover over a fork. It was funny, yet bitter. It could be regarded as the scene which had the most laughs during the press conference too. The other scene is the kiss scene in the later half of the movie. That painstakingly, beautifully shot scene will definitely be well-remembered in the film history of Korea. When you were filming the kiss scene, what kind of tension was experienced, what kind of feelings did you have to get into the scene?

A: First of all, I think the weather in the background helped a lot (for us) to capture the emotions. For me, I listened repeatedly to music that matched the scene at the filming location. Together with Tang Wei and the director, the three of us discussed much about that scene too. It took the longest time to capture the emotions of that scene. The fork scene was also a very great scene. When watching the movie in its entirety, that was one of the longest scenes, and I guess the scene where the most number of characters appeared. That scene was the funeral of Anna’s mother, and there were many dialogues from different characters, and because of that we had to rehearse the scene one day before filming, at the filming location. It was a scene that had the most thorough preparations.

h14.jpg?zoom=2

Hyun Bin and Director Kim Tae Yong during the filming of [Manchu] (above); Hyun Bin and Director Lee Yoon Ki during the filming of [Come Rain, Come Shine] (below). Since filming [I’m Happy] with Director Yoon Jong Chan, Hyun Bin worked only with scriptwriter-directors like Kim Tae Yong, Lee Yoon Ki.

h15.jpg?zoom=2

Q: Director Kim Tae Yong is well-known as one for films with much delicate sensitivity, as all his many mania female fans can attest to. Would you like to share anything new you learned while working with him?

A: The love he has for his works, that passion, I think that’s the greatest (thing I learned). In this movie, the production towards the later half was quite prolonged, but he continued working on it, again, and then again. (laughs) The way I see it, till the director is satisfied, it will take a pretty long time to finish it. Till the day of the movie opening, he will always been editing the parts which he feels is inadequate, he will do that with a smile and finish it with much happiness. I feel that he is a really great director, because that process is really difficult (referring to re-editing of film before it’s release). A good-natured obsession? A kind-hearted greedy pig? (laughs) Really, the director’s a very nice person. But the way he only allows for the best, towards the very end of the project, that’s something I really want to learn from him. Though there are times when I also wish he would stop being that way too. (laughs)

Q: Was there any scene which he persistently re-filmed many times?

A: Of course there were scenes which he wanted to do so. (laughs) But because of the unique circumstances, of being in America, that couldn’t be done even if you wanted to. As I look at the director, one thing I feel regretful for him is that originally he didn’t wear a watch at the filming locations. But after a while, I noticed there was a watch on his wrist. Every scene of filming became a financial consideration, everything seemed to have become structured into a system, and thus the director had no choice but to compromise within those circumstances. I guess if the director could film till he’s really satisfied, even one day wouldn’t be enough to film each scene alone. (laughs)

Q: While on the topic of stubborness, [Come Rain, Come Shine]’s Director Lee Yoon Ki shouldn’t be belittled as well. (laughs)

A: Ahhyooo~ (‘oh my~’) Of course. Both of them are close friends actually. (laughs) While I was working with Director Lee Yoon Ki in his movie, what was interesting were the times when there were scenes which had to be filmed ‘One-Scene-One-Cut’ (scenes which must be perfect after just one take, maybe because of certain limitations), and that happened quite frequently. I also filmed ‘One-Scene-One-Cut’ many times, it was refreshing for me. Also because of the way the director trusts his actors, and give them much leeway (to do what they want).

h16.jpg?zoom=2

Hyun Bin during the filming of Manchu

h17.jpg?zoom=2

Q: You filmed [Come Rain, Come Shine] with ‘no guarantee’ (no compensation). Which aspects of the film attracted you such that you wanted to commit to this film?

A: Up to now, I’ve always been selecting works that I want to act in. [Come Rain, Come Shine] is also one of those works. But I’ve no idea. Frankly, in a situation like mine, I do watch many big-scale movies, with dazzling scenes. But there are also smaller movies or art movies, movies that earn much less than blockbusters but which are calm, more subdued, yet meaningful. I feel that without these kind of movies, blockbusters won’t exist as well. If movies released everyday consists of mostly blockbusters, action movies, captivating trailers, then people will be overwhelmed (negatively). Thus I believe it’s better to have movies with all sorts of themes and genres.

[Come Rain, Come Shine] is that kind of movie. It is interesting, the way it portrays the feelings of a man and a woman as they face a separation. The persistence of Director Lee Yoon Ki had also been very … (laughs) But I really appreciated that too. That’s why I chose this film. As I’ve said in another interview, I’m not being charitable here. Acting is my profession, that’s why there must be a form of compensation for it too. However, here appears a film with a good idea. Of course, If I were to immediately reject this offer because I had financial difficulties, that’s another matter altogether. But to be part of a film by someone who wants to produce something out of a good idea, I liked it. Of course, if it goes on to help my career, that would be good too.

“I hope to be able to separate work and privacy, but it’s not easy”

Q: In the drama [Friend, Our Legend], although your character was quite masculine, the rest of your works mainly portray you in more feminine roles. If any similarities were to be seen from those roles, that may probably mean you yourself are attracted to those certain characteristics.

A: Well. From a wider context, the reality is that there are many more melodramas and love comedies available than dramas from the ‘macho’ genre. But I guess for me, the only reason is that I just miss the timing to get the more masculine roles. It’s not that I only pick roles from a certain genre, rather, I’m always thinking that I should have done certain roles that I did not get to do. I pick works because at that time when I learned about it, I felt it was interesting, that’s how I end up doing it. If the timing is right, I would do noir or action dramas.

h18.jpg?zoom=2

[Friend, Our Legend] and [Secret Garden]

h19.jpg?zoom=2

Q: While watching Secret Garden, I thought that Hyun Bin, you are an actor who can cry really well. Are you such a sensitive person in real life?

A: Nope (laughs)

Q: So what should one do to be able to act so well in crying scenes?

A: Frankly, crying scenes are difficult. What I had learnt initially, it was medicine turned poison for me (well-meaning advice that doesn’t work). When I started my acting career, I was told that you must really cry when filming crying scenes. That you must cry your own real tears, that any conscious crying will look artificial and will not be acceptable. I’m not sure but I think this way of crying only resulted in me being very exhausted. To tell the truth, it’s possible to excel in a crying scene not through your real tears but by technique. So while I didn’t start out like that, now I have realized (the latter way).’

Also there are various ways of crying. And there are many ways of expressing yourself in a crying scene. During the World Cup, it really struck my heart while watching [Lee Kyung Kyu Is Going There]. (It’s so touching) My tears just flow. Tears of happiness, those tears. I felt I must try to express it differently this time. That’s why when Juwonie was crying while writing the letter, whether it was the breathing, the handling, the sound of crying, I think I expressed them all somewhat differently. Normally I don’t cry easily. (laughs)

h20.jpg?zoom=2

More stills of Hyun Bin in [Manchu]

h21.jpg?zoom=2

Q: So what were you like as a kid?

A: Just like the others. Playing pranks, and then getting huge scoldings for it. I was a kid who loved playing and sports.

Q: I heard that you liked theater since your first year in high school, which subsequently changed your career path. Was that due to the environment you were in, or because of a certain impact you experienced?

A: After entering high school, we had to participate in club activities, and I entered the (theater) club after a senior from my middle school told me to. Initially I just did what my seniors ordered me to do. But our school participated in a national theater competition every year. The competition was held in a university, for people who loved theater, who wanted to pursue theater as their future goal. During preparations for it, I moved props in the background and appeared as extras in the performance, and gradually became interested in it. Also we held an event in the high school every year. It’s like a school arts festival where we held theater performances, and was very interesting. The times when we rehearsed were fun too.

No matter how I look at it, I’m an introvert and can’t express myself well. But after the performance ended and I heard the audience applaud, I thought to myself, “What’s this?” When my parents found out I was doing theater, I was in trouble, but even then, I’m not wavering on what I want. I continued to lied to my family and went to the theater rehearsal rooms. I realized that ‘I’m doing this not because someone is forcing me, but because I want to do it’, and thus I decided I must do this. Even if I were to regret this later, rather than being a disappointment to anybody, to me it will always be something I wanted to do, and that, I did.

h22.jpg?zoom=2

Hyun Bin’s first movie [Spin Kick] (above), and [Ireland] (below), the drama which narrowed the distance between Hyun Bin and viewers.

h23.jpg?zoom=2

h24.jpg?zoom=2

After filming [Manchu] and [Come Rain, Come Shine], Hyun Bin shall enter the military. After his military stint, we hope to be able to meet a Hyun Bin with deeper emotions.

h25.jpg?zoom=2

Q: As you said earlier, Hyun Bin you don’t seem to be an extrovert. Thus, some have noted the similarities between Hoon’s introverted personality and yours. Anyway, it is quite a good thing to see people making films meet up with one another. I heard that early this year, Senior Park Joong Ho held a new year party at home, inviting several actors. Do you like these kind of gatherings?

A: Yeah. I really like it, it is not an uncomfortable situation, it’s similar to golf or baseball, where one perspires and holds a natural (relaxed) conversation with other people. Of course, when I first attended gatherings like these , it was difficult, but after continuing to meet, even just seeing one another is good enough. Of course these people look at me on TV or on the screen and say “Wah~” But, like this meeting we are having now (for the interview), there seems to be some kind of communication and understanding between us, to me, it is a place I like to be in. That’s why I like it. When my seniors ask me out, I will try all means not to miss it.

Q: During those gatherings are you the youngest, Hyun Bin?

A: Yeah, I’m the youngest. Though I have no idea till when will I continue being the youngest. (laughs)

Q: What do you guys usually talk about?

A: Well, we’ll talk about our experiences, we also talk about movies. And books. We talk about various stuff.

Q: When you are tired from work, there will be times when you need to have certain hobbies. Hyun Bin, do you have other interests apart from work?

A: I like traveling. Though of course I travel to take a break and rest, I usually travel after I’ve just finished a project. It is during this (traveling) break that I can detach myself from the character I was in previously. Besides traveling, there isn’t anything else that I’m especially interested in. I just continue working, and if not, I’ll probably be thinking about what I’m working on.

Q: Since [My Name is Kim Sam Soon] (2005), you have once again rose to new heights of popularity with [Secret Garden]. Though acting can be described as a job of self-expression to the world, on the other hand it seems like a job where one must be able to conceal parts of yourself from the public. Hyun Bin, how much percentage of yourself do you feel and think you are expressing in your life right now?

A: Well, it’s hard to give you an absolute figure, I just give my best in front of the camera and aim to express as much as I can. While I aim to improve further in the future and gain more experience, I feel that I have expressed whatever I can up to this present moment. However regarding my privacy I hope to be able to conceal more. I hope to be able to separate work and privacy, but there are times where it’s just impossible to do so. I guess our country is not yet able to do that. We are not like Hollywood, where gossip is viewed merely as gossip. It is fine if good intentions enable us to receive support and concern, but there are times when that isn’t the case, and it’s those times that I wish I could have the power to block it. Currently, I figure the public media doesn’t know my private life, not even 10% of it.

Q: When you are in the military, wouldn’t the public interest in you be blocked (by the military)? (laughs)

A: Yes it will. …but can it really be blocked? (laughs)

Q: With your popularity now, that might be impossible. (laughs) Anyway, we hope you will come back from the military healthy and well.

A: Ahhyooo~ (‘oh my~’ ^^) Thank you. Have a happy new year!

Edited by Chocolate
  • Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 1

A look at Hyun Bin - A man who is like a lie! 
(the phrase which I have translated as “lie” is 후라이 (hu rai) Pyo Chil Su’s pet phrase) 

Feb 18, 2020

Written by 

정시우 Jung Si-woo (Columnist, Film Journalist)

http://m.ize.co.kr/view.html?no=2020021716057218325

Thanks to KimSooHanMoo for the translation ❤

This winter of 2019, with the arrival of "Crash Landing on You", actor Hyun Bin created another life-like character - Comrade Ri Jung Hyuk!

spacer.png

Read the article here

Spoiler

The TV series did end in a little bit of an underwhelming sort of way.  The tension accumulated until the middle of the drama was loosely dismantled, and the tangled contradictions were resolved with a sense of absurdity but with ease.  Not to mention that the man and woman in love would meet only once a year for two weeks. The open ending of them meeting each other at the bridge in Switzerland is ambiguous - though it isn’t a complete reunion, it is also not considered a "tragedy".  Maybe the writer wants us to believe that this is the best choice that can be found out of the reality of two countries that are split, but because it was a bright ending, it was also a little colourlesss.  Besides, hasn't writer Park Ji-eun used a similar type of ending of "long-distance love" for “You Who Come from the Stars"? Nevertheless, the "Crash Landing on You” still fully embodies this truth: that the success of a romance drama depends entirely on the main characters.  While SYJ’s charm is also dazzling, but the person I want to talk about here is the actor Hyun Bin.

The genre that shows off Hyun Bin's greatest strength is romance.  In this field, he has already experienced two peak moments. For most actors, it is difficult to experience a peak moment even once in a lifetime.  But for Hyun Bin, he has already experienced it twice. This was the case with "My name is Kim Sam Soon" which awakened the love cells of women, and caused them to harbor the desire to be Jeon Ji Hyun, or Kim Tae Hee. The same is the case for The Secret Garden.  Now, once again, Hyun Bin has attracted the audience to enter into the "Hyun Bin World" through the tvN’s “Crash Landing on You” which ended on February 16.

You might ask why is that so amazing? Let me tell you IT IS REALLY AMAZING.  This is because this art of seduction which can capture an unspecified number of minds at all age groups with his beautiful look and charms, is not an ability given to all. This is an area that even Song Kang-ho or Choi Min-sik, who have great achievements in their own careers in acting, have not experienced. It's not that so and so is better than so and so.  I want to say that every actor has his own unique talent/charisma in his own field. Here, I am talking about the attributes of one Star who has the ability to become the object of desires and daydreaming to the masses through his romance dramas.

However, Hyun Bin is nicknamed the "king of melodramas" not simply because he had three powerful turning points through romance dramas.  The nickname stems from his various styles in the theme of love.  When Hyun Bin made his debut appearance in the melodrama “Ireland” as the bodyguard Kang Gook, he used his infectious voice to convey the emotional lines created by writer In Jeong Ok in such a way that left behind a long aftertaste, displaying a power much unlike a newcomer.  His wife (Lee Na Young) fell in love with another man, and instead of being angry, he said, "It seems that he is smarter than me, that guy. I seem to be a bit inadequate."  Kang Gook, the fool in love who forcefully concealed his pain and continued to love persistently and unchangingly, will go on to become one of the characteristics often captured in Hyun Bin's acting in the future.

spacer.png

In the series “My Name is Kim Sam-soon," he revealed the face of Prince Charming, and in "The World They Live” which was a work by writer Noh Hee-kyung, he landed in the real world and so realistically and vividly portrayed Jeong Ji-oh who was "always cool but often nasty” that people have the illusion that Jeong Ji-oh (Hyun Bin) was really a living person outside of the drama. Whenever there is an opportunity to express feelings, there are always actors who use their tears as a starting point to show their emotions. Among such actors, Hyun Bin's naturally easy, unexaggerated acting with the right degree of emotions is quite new; in a movie like “I am very happy", which shows the daily mundane life, his real value in acting really comes out with even more dazzling results.  He is never exaggerated when playing as a romantic character.  Even when playing a playboy character, he didn’t portray merely a swoonsome figure. In the movie of the same name, which remade director Lee Man-hee's "Late Autumn” of 1966, he breathed life into the character by infusing details into the “playboy” man, Hun, who was a “very compassionate, deeply-thoughtful” man and who gave off feels of loneliness and cuteness at the same time. Therefore, Hyun Bin is a man who, while being Prince Charming in the fantasy world, at the same time, he is also an ordinary man who lives somewhere around us in this world. Few actors can skillfully coordinate between these two extreme charms as the foundation of romance melodramas the way Hyun Bin does.

It is for this reason that Hyun Bin is regarded as the most suitable actor for a TV series like "Crash Landing on You", which took the "fantasy-love" of a North Korean military officer and a South Korean chaebol into South Korea's most sensitive "reality". "Crash Landing on You" is by Park Ji-Eun who has authored "You Who Come from the Stars" that tells the love story between an alien and a top actress and "Legend of the Blue Sea", a work inspired by the legend of the mermaid. There is also fantasy in “Crash Landing on You” and that is the truce line that cuts the north from the south.  The main background is set in North Korea, a place located on the other side of the Republic of Korea, that is physically near, but psychologically farther away than Argentina - an unknown land.  But this world is not like the completely fantasy world of "You Who Come from the Stars" and "Legend of the Blue Sea".  Those kinds of fantasy space allows unlimited imagination but in this fantasy world, you are playing in a space that actually exists; so the fantasy in “Crash Landing on You” is different in nature. "Crash Landing on You" needs to be both powered by fantasy and yet, rooted in reality.  This is why Hyun Bin, who has the ability to travel freely between the two worlds, is perfect for this work.

In a way, the Ri Jung Hyuk we see in "Crash Landing on You" is an embodiment of all the roles that Hyun Bin has shown so far.  When hiding his love inside a cold, indifferent facade, Ri Jung Hyuk is Samshik in "My Name is Kim Sam Soon"; when he doesn’t know how to shake off his love and finds himself desperately committed to his beloved woman like a fool, he is Kang Gook in "Ireland"; when he uses the power he has by virtue of his birthright to protect his love, he displays the 2nd generation chaebol Kim Joo Won in "The Secret Garden"; when he dreams of spending a trivial day with his love, he becomes Ji-Oh in “World Within Us”. All in all, he is a man who is romantic but not cringe-worthy, honest but not boring, calm and yet, deep. The typical frame of the drama, in which the man protects the woman, could have been too old-fashioned, but thanks to Hyun Bin, we have a man with the delicate sensibilities that Hyun Bin has given him - a man who  transcends magic and exists like a lie. 

The actor, Hyun Bin, who has carved out extraordinary records in the melodrama genre, doesn't seem to have any intention to just remain in the melodrama genre. With his on-screen moves in recent years as a readable hint, showing his choices of action, crime and historical genres, Hyun Bin has quietly expanded his scope. Although there is currently no work that has fully shown his own strength and competence in the way romance melodramas have shown of him, which is a problem he needs to solve, but his determination and his vision to not only be a handsome actor is clear.  Therefore, people are even more curious what action this man who is like a lie will show in the future.

Edited by Chocolate
  • Heart Eyes 2

@Chocolate Thanks for posting the Late Autumn interview here. I love, love , love that interview so much! :lol:

o0640075210404955891.jpg

Late Autumn was a hidden gem, a poignant, melancholic movie that I was craving for more when it ended. 

I also have won the Late Autumn photobook / script from online contest :eeeee:. I transfered the content here:

Chapter 1

Chapter 2

Spoiler

283074_10150269726074825_4817041_n.jpg?_

• Awesome 1

Plop Cat GIFs | Tenor

Wow @bluepebbles this is a gem! And you had a blog on the movie! I am going to link this to the main page under the movie.

I read that Hyun Bin was happy that the film made it to the Berlin International Film Festival and was excited to walk the red carpet. It was an achievement. Thus, I thought it should feature more prominently on the main page. Love that interview too.

P.S. Was the sticker note on the photobook written by him? 😱

Edited by Chocolate

@Chocolate , how i wish it was him :letalQQ: 

It was an event made by a facebook fanpage of SeGa. She collected messages to be sent to Hyun Bin's camp . From there she had chosen a winner which the photobook was the prize. 

My entry was super cheesy now that I am reading it again :PsyWhat:

Spoiler

H-e's simply captivating,a unique form of art
Y-ielding to know him more, bringing happines to anyone's heart
U-nveiled charisma, he radiates it with a tender smile
N-aive yet brilliant artist, an icon i am missing for a while

B-e safe our dear prince. Our star. Our inspiration.
I-nspite of hardships, we are proud! A hardworking soldier indeed!
N-ever lose faith. We are here. We will wait.. Always.

• Heart Eyes 1

Plop Cat GIFs | Tenor