[K-Artist] Hyun Bin 현빈

Feb 22, 2021

What is Hyunbin's exercise routine? Under Armor SS21 collection photo shoot interview

GQ Korea

A GQ photo shoot was released to show the strong side of actor Hyun Bin. What kind of routine does Hyun Bin have to build his current body and show the best performance? What is his favorite way to exercise? I asked Hyun Bin directly who I met at the photo shoot.

Alternative translations by ness@yejinxhyunbin@celest1al1

Spoiler

Translation by ness@yejinxhyunbin

It's been a while since I shoot a quite new concept, it's fun and a little bit difficult.

Q: How do you feel about wearing UA 21SS Collection for a magazine photoshoot

A: Because I like wearing sports wear, so it was so comfortable to the point it didn't feel like shooting

Q: Usual workout routine?

A: Usually when there's time, I go the gym and do weight training. Around one and a half hour the most, I do muscle exercises, and cardio for an hour. I think that's my routine

Q: The importance of strength/stamina as an actor

A: When the shooting starts, it will consume a lot of stamina for a long period of time. If I want to focus more on acting, stamina is needed for support, so I think it's very important

Q: Is there any projects that you had to build your body up?

A:<The Fatal Encounter> and <Confidential Assignment>. During the Fatal Encounter, I searched for body weight training method that might be used during Joseon era and did the training. During CA, I did weight training.

Q: An exercise that you do most often?

A: Exercise method? I think I use the dumbbell most often, because I like shoulder exercises.

Translation by @celest1al1

Q: How do you try and maintain balance in your life?

HB: I try to separate the actor HB from the person HB. When I have satisfied some of my personal desires, it helps with things regarding my work and acts as a buffer.

Q: How do you overcome moments where you want to give up?

A: Sometimes before we reach the end of something we use the phrase “give up,” so when it’s close to the end, I think about if I will regret my choice... when I think about this and it weighs on my mind, I am able to overcome.

Q: How does HB control his mind?

A: “This too shall pass.” This is one of the sayings I repeat to myself a lot. Whether I’m working out, or I’m having a hard time, I know it will pass.

And @hyunbin's fiancee

Spoiler

Edited by Chocolate

Feb 22, 2021

Dr.ForHair Japan Update

Spoiler

yoshi@binjinfeed

Hello everyone in Japan, I’m Dr.FORHAIR’s model Hyunbin. I’ve been told that Dr.FORHAIR is also very popular in Japan. I’d like to express my sincere gratitude for your interest & love. I think everyone (you) had a very hard time last year but I hope 2021 will be a year full of smiles and happiness. Please show your love and interest to Dr.FORHAIR in the future as well. I’m also planning to meet you all with better projects (/work), so please look forward to it. Everyone! I wish you a happy new year. Thank you.

Edited by Chocolate

Of all the Dr.ForHair releases, this is the best ❤🔥

Feb 23, 2021

Dr.ForHair Update

The filming scene of an advertisement with Hyunbin! Making Film Part 2 ❤

[Dr.FORHAIR x Hyunbin Making Film VER.2 🎬]

Revealing the commercial shooting scene with perfect actor Hyun Bin.

“Hope you can feel the joy of shampooing with Dr.FORHAIR."

Check out the interview with #Hyunbin in the video.

Thanks again to @hyunbinsfiancee for the english subs. Check out her youtube channel!

Edited by Chocolate

Feb 25, 2021

KoBiz Korean Cinema Today Vol 38 - Feb 2021 Edition

2021 ‘KOREAN ACTORS 200’ project – a global PR campaign focusing on Korea’s leading actors and actresses - the faces of korean film.

As part of ‘KOREAN ACTORS 200’, 100 actors and 100actresses were selected based on their work over the past 10 years, the local and international film awards they earned, their international recognition, their participation in international projects. The project includes not only well-known stars, but also newcomers who stand out in independent and art films, and some performers who have been around for a long time.

‘KOREAN ACTORS 200’ is a project of great significance for two reasons. First, it is part of a larger project by KOFIC to constitute an archive on Korean actors, and secondly, its goal is to create credible promotional material about Korean actors and actresses and deliver it to the film industry leaders across the world.

The list of actors and actresses will not be available on the KOFIC website but revealed on a dedicated website that will launch this March. The promotion material available on the website will be comprised of portraits and showreels for each of the 200 actors.

VW0Mvc6.png  Hyun Bin is one of the selected actors.

Of9nMXJ.jpg

Spoiler

lAXQGgE.jpg

gPNkuaY.jpg

icKHYy8.jpg

YG4V7Ss.jpg

ZSsObVM.png

XnSKrQO.png

Edited by Chocolate

biGwgYa.png

YngUUHo.jpg

SOURCE: MEGABOX PLUS M | HWANG JUNG-MIN (LEFT) AND HYUN BIN

South Korea’s Megabox Plus M has sold The Point Men, director Yim Soon-rye’s anticipated Korean hostage crisis drama, to 14 territories including Japan (Gaga) and Taiwan (MovieCloud).

The latest feature from Yim, who directed 2014 local hit Whistle Blower, stars Hwang Jung-min (The Spy Gone North) and Hyun Bin (Late Autumn) in the true story of a Korean diplomat who is dispatched to Afghanistan when a group of South Korean tourists is taken hostage by the Taliban. When all other measures fail and one hostage is killed, he is forced to team up with a special agent (Hyun) to try and rescue the survivors.

The film, which is in post-production, has also sold to Hong Kong and Macau (Edko Films), Singapore, Malaysia, Brunei, Indonesia and Vietnam (Encore Films), Thailand, Cambodia, Laos and Myanmar (Sahamongkol Film), Philippines (Viva Networks), and Mongolia (The Filmbridge).

Investor-distributor Megabox Plus M, which launched its international sales arm in October, is lining up The Point Men as a 2021 tentpole release in Korea.

The company says it has also been fielding inquiries from Chinese buyers following encouraging recent signals that a thaw in China’s unofficial freeze on Korean cultural products could be coming soon.

Source: Screendaily

More at The Point Men thread.

스포츠동아

Pre-sale of the movie "Bargaining" in Japan...Binsama Power!
Input2021.03.04 6:58 a.m. | Yoon Yeo-soo, a reporter

Hyun Bin, once again targeting the Japanese market, was

influenced by the popularity of the drama 'Crash Landing On You'
Producer “Selling an amount worthy of fame”
Expectations to ignite the new screen Korean Wave

7elBz9O.jpg
Actor Hyun Bin, who made headlines in Japan for his drama tvN's "Crash Landing On You," will release "Bargaining," which will be released this year, based on his popularity. Photo provided new

Top star Hyun Bin is targeting the Japanese market again.

Hyun Bin, who reignited the Korean Wave in Japan last year with his lead drama "Crash Landing On You," will meet local audiences with a new film this time. He clearly proves his name and plays a role as a new force in Korean films targeting overseas stages amid the global pandemic of infectious diseases.

The movie "Bargaining," starring Hyun Bin and Hwang Jung-min, was recently pre-sold in Japan. It is part of pre-sale of distribution rights to 14 Asian countries including Hong Kong, Singapore, Malaysia, Vietnam and Thailand. However, Japan gives special meaning to Hyun Bin. This is because the lead drama "Crash Landing On You," which was released in Japan through Netflix in February last year, has gained huge popularity, ranking first in the content that has been viewed the most every year. In other regions such as Hong Kong and Singapore, 'Crash Landing On You' has consistently remained at the top of the list, including the number one content that has been seen a lot.

The pre-sale of the "negotiation" in Japan seems to have relied on such strength. Shin Beom-soo, CEO of Watermelon, a film company that produces "Bargaining," said on the 3rd, "The drama "Crash Landing On You" has caused such a hot sensation in Japan and other Asian countries," adding, "The pre-sale of distribution rights is also not much different even if it is in the extension." "We can't reveal the exact amount of sales, but we received an amount that matches the actor's reputation and the size of the movie," Shin said.

It is also noteworthy that Korean films have come to power again at a time when the number of moviegoers in Japan has decreased significantly amid the global craze for new coronavirus infections (Corona 19). Except for "Parasite" last year, Korean films have not been noticeable in recent years, so the film industry seems to expect a new screen Hallyu to ignite, starting with "Bargaining" with Hallyu star Hyun Bin at the forefront.

The weight of Hyun Bin is known to have drawn attention from the Chinese side amid regulations on the law. CEO Shin Beom-soo said, "I understand that there are favorable views from Chinese buyers about the movie and Hyun Bin." Analysts say that although "Crash Landing On You" has not been officially aired there, interest in the drama, including in Asia, may have led to the local area.

"Bargaining" is directed by Im Soon-rye, who joined hands with Hyun Bin and Hwang Jung-min. It tells the story of a diplomat and an NIS agent who went out to rescue a South Korean hostage kidnapped in the Middle East. It is currently in the second half of the work and is scheduled to be released this year.
Source

Edited by Chocolate

Mar 3, 2021

"Come Rain, Come Shine" - 10th year anniversary

Yesterday marked the 10-year anniversary of "Come Rain Come Shine". It was a low budget film in which Hyun Bin and Lim Soo-jung participated with no pay. It was filmed in 3 weeks and mostly took place within different rooms in their house, featuring the last few hours before she was going to move out.

ynFxwkF.jpg

Box Office

Number of Screens : 80

Total Admissions : 66,680

Total Gross : $451,218

source

"Come Rain Come Shine" was selected in the main competition for the 61st Berlinale (Berlin International Film Festival in 2011).

4kdEOfM.jpg

uZsejCs.jpg

ctto

Edited by Chocolate

Mar 3, 2021

2NxSzbC.jpg

The film opens with a 9-minute long take of a married couple riding in a car together. After several minutes of small talk, the woman (Im Soo-jung) tells the man (Hyun Bin) that she's leaving him for another man.

HQUeW8v.jpg

The rest of the film takes place in the couple's home during a rainstorm on their last day together, as the husband helps his wife pack. Various quiet, introspective scenes show them doing things such as making coffee, smoking a cigarette, and reminiscing over nostalgic items.

While eating together, the woman asks the man why he isn't angry with her, saying that he has a right to be. The man says that he knows she doesn't change her mind when she decides on something and feels that he is partially to blame for their rift. She then accuses the man of being selfish for acting as "the perfect man" during their breakup.

Their conversation is interrupted by the meowing of a lost kitten outside. They bring it inside, but it escapes and hides elsewhere in the house. Soon, their neighbors come looking for the kitten and are invited inside. Strained conversation ensues, and the neighbors inform the couple that the rain has flooded the roads, preventing travel to Seoul.

The husband answers a phone call from his wife's new lover (voiced by Ha Jung Woo) and passes it to her. She tells him she'll have to put off leaving until the next day due to the flooding. He asks her, "Is there anything holding you back?" To which she doesn't answer. The neighbors leave without the kitten, telling the couple to call them when it comes out.

Now unable to go to their planned dinner reservation, the couple prepares dinner together. The man begins sniffling while cutting onions, and goes to the bathroom to wash his eyes, silently standing while letting the faucet run.

The film ends with the kitten coming out of hiding and the woman telling it that everything is going to be okay.

source

ObSiuWw.jpg

Edited by Chocolate

Mar 3, 2021

I generally don't like to watch melodramas. Too sad for me and too slow-moving. But I watched this for Hyun Bin 😆 The tone of the whole movie was sedate. As a husband, it is a wonder that he could take the news of his wife of 5 years, leaving him for another man, so calmly and be so generous to even help her pack. Regardless if he had contributed to their rift.

I remember an interviewer asked if he could do that in real life, Hyun Bin said "No". [Will add the video here later once I find it.]

But at the end of the film, when he was in the bathroom, I think he cried, and not due to the onions. It was quite heartbreaking to watch. I like to think that the wife did not leave at the end. She told the kitten that "everything will be okay".

BrmJNmr.jpg

:lol:

... I forgot to talk about Jiseok’s fringe, which is yet another symbolic element in the film. Other than probably driving the Hyun Bin fans crazy over the fact that they barely get to see their idol’s face, it is actually rather significant and unmissable: behind this fringe hide Jiseok’s concealed feelings, all that isn’t visible but that Youngshin wants to see again. [source]

GiXFDH9.jpg

Edited by Chocolate

Mar 3, 2021

This review by https://www.mgprinzl.com/ is quite interesting and gives an interpretation of the ending.

This leaves the film’s ending: how is the final scene to be interpreted? What comes next?

(Warning: spoilers ahead.)

It is not certain, for the final words uttered, the final actions, are inconclusive and ambiguous enough in a manner that keeps all possibilities open. Although the rain and flooding make it impossible for Youngshin to leave the house that night as planned, we know that the weather will eventually change and that she might very well take off for good once it does – or that she might stay.

Interestingly, despite the openness provided, the director himself made clear in the post-film Q&A that his own interpretation was a turn for the better, for Jiseok and Youngshin to continue together.

Indeed, there are details – often very subtle ones – that support such a ‘happy ending’.

6ynSPt6.jpg

The first appears quite early on in the car-drive segment. As Youngshin mentions her wish to divorce Jiseok, the car enters, for the first time, a tunnel, darkness spreading over the screen. Jiseok scarcely shows any reaction, but when he eventually asks whether there is any chance for her to reconsider, the car exits the tunnel and light floods into the scene, as if signalling that there is still hope.

As unforthcoming as Jiseok is with regards to revealing his feelings – he is so non-reactive that it seems he has no emotional investment in his marriage at all and that it does not matter to him either way – it is only tiny moments like these that hint at his desire for Youngshin to stay.

Another occurs when he explains to his wife how to close the somewhat tricky staircase window of their house, his words “Next time you are stuck…” seem nonsensical at that particular, still rather early point in the film: obviously it is a window Youngshin will never have to shut again. Retrospectively, however, it is a sign of Jiseok reaching out and trying to hold on to her.

More decisive moments follow closer to the film’s finishing line: when the husband hesitantly leans in to kiss his wife as she is tending to his injured hand (a motion that goes unnoticed by Im’s character) and, finally, when chopping onions makes Jiseok’s eyes water. As he retreats into the bathroom upstairs to wash his face, we can, after he has rinsed his eyes, just about notice a tear. Again, Youngshin is not there to witness this, and yet, just like the almost-kiss, this tear matters: for a person as introverted as Jiseok these outward expressions of emotions are highly significant.

tbIOWVp.jpg

But it is not only Jiseok that is holding on, Youngshin is too. She may be moving out, but her packing is aimless as she wanders around the rooms, randomly selects items only to put them back again. She gets lost in thoughts and memories, rather unlike a person having an affair and intent on leaving her partner for someone else (one would presume she would want things done as quickly as possible and preferably when the soon-to-be-ex is not at home).

Youngshin however clearly lingers, as if to provoke a reaction from Jiseok, something that is also seen in the car scene when she declares that she has another man and offers to name him.

Back at the house, she requests for Jiseok to prepare a pasta dinner – a meal that holds a significance for the couple – and does not permit him to throw out a damaged little figurine because he gave it to her.

Most suggestive however is her response to the question of the neighbours, blissfully unaware of the kind of situation they have walked into, whether Youngshin and Jiseok have children. “Not yet” Youngshin answers, “Not yet” when a simple “No” would have sufficed.

The final signpost to a happy ever after – or at least a turning point for the couple – is the kitten, who comes out of her hiding place, ready to face the world.

Edited by Chocolate

Mar 3, 2021

Special thread by Gigi♡◡̈@hellooohallyu

Happy 10th anniversary to one of my favourite HB movies, Come Rain Come Shine. 💞

e0Z8vxh.gif

It's eerily calm and quiet, the most noise coming from the actors, a cute kitten, and the endless pouring rain. The few moments of brightness that peeked through came in the form of flashbacks of sunlight, symbolic of when things with Jiseok and Youngshin were a bit happier.

FpBAEtA.jpg

Watching their relationship slowly disintegrate was awkward, sad, and painful. Their silence and feeling of defeat was maddening, shaking sense into them was all I felt like doing. Expecting them to fight for something which they'd resigned themselves to giving up was depressing.

prQNIoK.gif

The movie is void of histrionics and it's unconventional but I've always thought it poignantly showed what happens when two people who once loved each other neglect that love. How the neglect can often lead to feelings of guilt when things are too far gone to be fixed.

l7dFRZn.jpg

When it was all said and done things between Jiseok and Youngshin felt a bit open-ended, very bittersweet. —— "Sometimes I should throw things out with no regrets. But I seem to suck at it." "Everything is ok… everything will be ok."

Ybq3kMV.jpg

Mar 5, 2021

mediheal_official

BE MINE #EVENT

'Hyunbin's perfect autographed limited edition,
let's do it today!'😘

3/6 (Sat) Tomorrow!
❤Healing on the Mediheal Myeongdong Store❤ If you visit the store, you will receive a
limited edition signed by Hyun Bin, model of Mediheal!

❤️ Period: 3/6 (Sat) ~ Until exhaustion
❤️ Venue:'Healing on the Mediheal' Myeongdong store
❤️ Gift: Line Friends 'Be mine!' set Don't miss out on Hyunbin's autographed Line Friends special set, which is given only to the first 7 people!

Ecoo5x8.png

6AiwPsU.jpg

Edited by Chocolate