First Anniversary Event - What Are You Eating?

stroppyse

16 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

Hot pot is such a rage here for us in SEA , so there are loads of HP places all over with many of the big chains from China including Hai Di Lao.  Pre-covid , it used to be a regular affair as a way to meet up with family & friends. So for me this is the perfect way to celebrate something. 

i went to the Hai Di Lao in SG hahaha......i never went to the Penang though funny right? hahaha

• Like 5
  • Haha 1
  • Tasty 1
1 hour ago, Tofu said:

Anything can be an excuse to have cake @Lynne @NiteWalker

I went to Mango Mango to get a slice of mango crepe cake. 

im not into cake to be honest however throw me anything on Choc and i will take it hahhaa i love choc .....

mango crepe isnt bad i guess though i prefer them to be either fruity or made into a drink hehehe

• Like 5
  • Haha 4

Well, unfortunately I have not been successful in getting out to buy something nice to share a half pretty photo of food here. it seems like my state government has decided lockdown with harsh restrictions and curfew is the way to go for many many weeks.......**sigh**

So these will just be from the recent archives.

I'll put them in those hidden spoiler boxes so it wont lag the thread to much and I dont get chased by Mods and Admins.

BUT FIRST

Wouldn't be me if I didnt share these ones right? :smug:

(Yes these are 100% my photos....and they were all last minute decisions late in the evening on separate days with some resulting in not so good outcomes a few hours later/next day. AHAHAHHA)

Spoiler

This is a meal for 4 people...but we had it for 2 people. LOL (3rd person top middle/right had their own meal as seen from the 5th drink)

6A8M50V.jpg

This one was ridiculous a few Subway subs, bucket of KFC and Maccas....there was only 12 of us...and yes that KFC bucket is full......mistakes were made on this night.

DfNaGey.jpg

this was between 6 of us.....no one slept that night. Alcohol and energy drinks were also involved......we havent done this again since. hahahahahaha

AuBvOYK.jpg

ANYWAY....so the one fav dish of mine....I know I should try and have something different but everytime I go to a French place....its gotta be the Duck Confit. Always.

Spoiler

Both the same dish, but each from different French Restaurants that are my fav Go-To's

Duck Confit from the 'French Brasserie'.

xE38gZM.jpg

Duck Confit from 'Philippe'.

hCRX9S2.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 5
  • Shocked 1

-- Survives on Bubble Milk Tea, Burgers, Fries, Chicken Nuggets and Fried Chicken --

-- Currently watching: {not watching anything at the moment} --

@TRaNz, the fast food bundles are insane!

On 8/20/2021 at 1:58 AM, OsmanthusTea said:

K-style whole fried chicken, Sijang-tongdak

Just FYI, "sijang tongdak" translates to "market whole chicken". Looks good.

@Lynne, I created a new thread just for cake! So, y'all have to go have a piece of cake in celebration of the birthday, then post the pic of the cake you ate! And, if you don't like cake or don't have cake, it can be cake-shaped, so get creative. :smile:

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
  • Awesome 1

@TRaNz

By staring as the mountain of fast food have caused me a mental high blood and cholesterol…:shocked2:

@stroppyse

I had no chance to try that type of fried chicken in SK but the one in the pic is really good. Juicy in the inside and crunchy on the outside. They use spring chicken so it’s bit small but tender. Not heavily seasoned but since the chicken is really fresh so it’s just yummy.

Edited by OsmanthusTea
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Tasty 2
3 minutes ago, OsmanthusTea said:

I had no chance to try that type of fried chicken in SK but the one in the pic is really good. Juicy in the inside and crunchy on the outside. They use spring chicken so it’s bit small but tender. Not heavily seasoned but since the chicken is really fresh so it’s just yummy.

They tend to fry chicken in pieces rather than whole as in the one in your picture. Whole chickens are usually baked, roasted, or boiled. Still, the idea of fried chicken which is juicy and tender on the inside and crunchy on the outside is so spot on! Delicious!

Samgaetang which is the Korean chicken soup cooked with ginseng is frequently made with spring chickens or even cornish game hens.

• Like 2
  • Tasty 4
17 hours ago, TRaNz said:

Wouldn't be me if I didnt share these ones right?

OMG TRANZ THAT'S WOW, JUST WOW

So SG's Maccas came out with a Hainanese Chicken Rice style burger, I had it last night and it was pretty darn tasty! It had the ginger, the dark sauce down pat, all around a crispy chicken patty!

Hi, I am joining the party with some k-bbp! I recently found a restaurant that does really good daechang and gopchang! So so buttery and melt in your mouth. I am just :SquirtleNiceAhah: thinking about it again!

10-B46-D9-B-22-CB-4-CFA-8078-0-BA74-A00-A05-A.jpg 

FA03-B885-A1-F2-444-E-93-DA-9-C11-D7-F58-BE5.jpg 

• Tasty 4

16 hours ago, OsmanthusTea said:

@TRaNz

By staring as the mountain of fast food have caused me a mental high blood and cholesterol…:shocked2:

Its okay, you arent alone. I would have caused mental high blood and cholesterol for all of the JangHaven community. HAHAHAHAHA :laugh:

17 hours ago, stroppyse said:

@TRaNz, the fast food bundles are insane!

I am very qualified in making unhealthy food choices. Let me know if you want to ruin your diet. I can help. LOL :laugh:

2 minutes ago, Jane said:

OMG TRANZ THAT'S WOW, JUST WOW

So SG's Maccas came out with a Hainanese Chicken Rice style burger, I had it last night and it was pretty darn tasty! It had the ginger, the dark sauce down pat, all around a crispy chicken patty!

Hi, I am joining the party with some k-bbp! I recently found a restaurant that does really good daechang and gopchang! So so buttery and melt in your mouth. I am just :SquirtleNiceAhah: thinking about it again!

Amazing how different the McDonalds is in asian countries. I do definiately want to try it out one day.

HHHHooooommmggggggg KBBQ....i miss that so much...but all these lockdowns.....i refuse to attempt KBBQ at home...gotta be at a proper KBBQ restaurant for that extra korean culture feel. hahahaha

Your photos @Jane ....... i can hear the meat sizzling.....:SquirtleWonderfull:

• Like 1
  • Party! 2

-- Survives on Bubble Milk Tea, Burgers, Fries, Chicken Nuggets and Fried Chicken --

3 hours ago, TRaNz said:

HHHHooooommmggggggg KBBQ....i miss that so much...but all these lockdowns.....i refuse to attempt KBBQ at home...gotta be at a proper KBBQ restaurant for that extra korean culture feel. hahahaha

Your photos @Jane ....... i can hear the meat sizzling.....

I agree, it's not the same without that grill, the banchan and the whole atmosphere of a kbbq restaurant with kpop blasting all around you and soju bottles clinking! You want the video? Hahaha

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Jane said:

I agree, it's not the same without that grill, the banchan and the whole atmosphere of a kbbq restaurant with kpop blasting all around you and soju bottles clinking! You want the video? Hahaha

HAHAHAHAHA :laugh:

Gonna have to pass on the video....thats too much suffering for me to view and listen to. LOL! :PsyWhat:

• Like 1