One the Woman 원 더 우먼 [2021]

49 minutes ago, LaLa said:

Sung Hye character has the potential to be a psychotic woman with evil tendencies but sometimes when her evil side is coming out, it feels a little bit off? Uhm I don't know why or how to describe it exactly in words.. She's scary yes but.. there were parts when it was felt forced (?) or a little bit strange.. 

I agree... and I'm still waiting for the explanation why her assistant is so loyal to her. What's the story between them? :thinking: One sided love/crush? Coz I've never seen her shown any benevolence to him.... 

7 minutes ago, stroppyse said:

I think this is a common problem in kdramas, to put their male leads in lipstick? I wonder if it's to draw extra attention to their looks, especially their mouths, hoping people would anticipate kissing scenes?

I'm fine with them putting foundation/powder because the lighting can produce better effect then. I'm really fine with lipstick on male actors too. But they should choose a different shade for a male. Here, it's like they make him share lipstick with Lee Honey... Honest, I've never been this bothered by make-up on male actors before...

10 minutes ago, stroppyse said:

the plastic surgeons who did Kang Mi Na's surgery are AMAZING!

:laugh: and that was done outside of S.Korea, mind you... ironic since S.Korea supposedly is the place for best plastic surgeries. The challenge in having a character have a total face change is to find the cast with a similar voice. I mean, you can change the look, but your voice can't change that much, can it? :smug:

• Like 2

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

1 hour ago, ktcjdrama said:

I agree... and I'm still waiting for the explanation why her assistant is so loyal to her. What's the story between them? :thinking: One sided love/crush? Coz I've never seen her shown any benevolence to him.... 

True. Seung Hye made it seem as if the assistant was dependent on her for his living, but what he was willing to do seems to go far beyond just making a living.

Interesting that Seung Hye has now turned on him, telling him that it's his fault for the death of her uncle anyway. Wonder if he'll keep staying so loyal?

1 hour ago, ktcjdrama said:

The challenge in having a character have a total face change is to find the cast with a similar voice. I mean, you can change the look, but your voice can't change that much, can it? 

Well, maybe they also did vocal chord surgery on her? It's amusing anyway.

• Haha 1

It was a great ending for me. The baddies are all got their due punishment and the good guys delivered the punishment in a refreshing way. I'm satisfied with how they wrapped it out. It was such a fun and enjoyable drama. :smile:

Some scenes that were off when Mi Na was trying to flee while trying to manage her peanut allergy. She suddenly didn't have any difficulty in breathing when she met and talked with Yeon Ju inside the car :laugh: Hello production team? I'll just let them to get away with it.. 

And I really like how the show let Lee Honey to take over Mi Na while she has to deliver some impactful sentences or showing some emotions, like in the hospital and the confrontation with the mother in law. Lee Honey really did a fantastic job in playing the dual role. The different tone she used while playing Yeon Ju and Mi Na is very clear and her expression, she nailed it down. Both Mi Na and Yeon Ju clearly get a lesson from each other and become a better person from it. 

Great work from the all actors and staffs and I'm glad they can finish and wrap the drama successfully and safely. And big congratulations for reaching the highest rating for the finale! They deserve it. I'm glad to see the casts are having fun together behind the scene. 

Thanks for @ktcjdrama and @stroppyse for accompanying me in this thread so I don't feel alone for the second half of the drama. Hopefully you both had fun while watching because I know I did :)

Thanks @abs-oluteMfor opening the thread, even tough it's sad that you can't join us in watching the drama live because your watchlist are full at the moment. I will still recommend you to try this one if you had the time to watch, because it's a light and fun drama.. Although this thread might have given you too much spoiler about the drama hahaha.. 

• Like 1
  • Party! 2

Currently Watching List:

K-drama: The Real Has Come, See You in My 19th Life 

K-variety: 

I have enjoyed the drama a lot, although not having much to comment on before because it is quite a smooth watch for me... well, except for my only complain about the make-up team. More about that later...

I love the finale because although we only have one hour, amazingly everything is accounted for very naturally. That's great writing for me. Yeon Ju is an awesome heroine for me because she is brave and smart, undeterred by obstacles, always having a way to handle problems she faced. I like that we get to see her being tough and feisty, but we also see her being soft and mellow. 

- I admit being upset seeing Noh "betraying" the team, but of course the story wouldn't have that happening. Ha!

- One of my most fave parts about the finale is that my question about Seung Hye's assistant is answered. True to her vile nature, she "held hostage" the health of his sister as a way to make him her slave. Urgh! 

- Way to go for making public the "judgment" for Seung Hye. That's really the only way to bring down those "untouchables" people, although it is a double-edged sword that can be used to frame innocent people too. It feels good watching Seung Hye screamed in her big empty office. 

- Ex-gf anchorwoman was given a chance to have her own little revenge against Seung Hye too. Cheering...

- I knew that we might see Seung Hye trying to commit suicide, and I thought that was too easy way out for her. But because the news of her suicide was so quickly done/gloss over, I also dared to guess that's not the end of it. Hilariously, Yeon Ju knew about Seung Hye faking it from the undies that she used to have to wash :laugh: but once again, this woman is the vilest. Yet another person is sacrificed to be her "corpse", urgh!

- Many have guessed that the death of the eldest son is also the doing of Seung Hye. The crazy woman has no problem killing even family members. This revelation is truly an awakening for the mother and she is then a transformed person, as noted by her other children and DIL, which btw, I love the community work they had to do, LOL, but they're still the same immature bunch. 

- A bit sad seeing the scene where Yu Jun saying goodbye to Yeon Ju... He is such a sweet hoobae and puppy. I hope we get to see more of Lee Won Geun in other dramas. His smile is just adorable :wow: 

- The ending with yet another doppelgänger of Yeon Ju is funny too... Season 2, anyone? LOL... Made me went to search what are the chances of one having a doppelgänger in RL and below is an entertaining link.

https://www.boredpanda.com/doppelgangers-lookalikes-meet-in-real-life/?utm_source=google&utm_medium=organic&utm_campaign=organic

9 hours ago, LaLa said:

Some scenes that were off when Mi Na was trying to flee while trying to manage her peanut allergy. She suddenly didn't have any difficulty in breathing when she met and talked with Yeon Ju inside the car. 

Hello production team? I'll just let them to get away with it.. 

Yes, I agree about this bit. They could've showed her shoving a pill into her mouth as she was running away. Someone with such fatal allergies should always carry medicine with them to help a bit before getting proper medical treatment. 

9 hours ago, LaLa said:

And I really like how the show let Lee Honey to take over Mi Na while she has to deliver some impactful sentences or showing some emotions, like in the hospital and the confrontation with the mother in law. Lee Honey really did a fantastic job in playing the dual role. The different tone she used while playing Yeon Ju and Mi Na is very clear and her expression, she nailed it down.

Same goes for the other actress too. I thought she captured Mi Na's demeanour well. My complain of course is back on the make-up team. Is it so difficult to make sure they have the same shade of lipstick and blush?? When before this, they were always able to make LSY wear the same shade of lipstick as Lee Honey, LOL... Clearly the make-up on these two ladies are done by different person, but can't they at least make sure they use the same lipstick?? And no, I won't accept the excuse of them having different skin tone. Or should I blame the lighting guys? LOL
xEhNVSw.pngNEE16hp.png

Love the little dance and singing by the cast and crew at the end :CharmanderYay: Yay to a drama well done!

Edited by ktcjdrama
  • Like 2

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

3 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

I didn't watch this drama but I saw this and thought it was cute/cool

:laugh: Thanks for sharing! What a treat!!

Is that Medusa? or Maleficent? or someone else? I can't tell... 

LSY looks great as Superman. But we're missing the red undies!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

MTDzeiV.gif

Finally watched the ending, and I really liked how it was able to wrap everything up. Some memorable moments for me.

- Kang Mi Na as the new head of Yumin Group is actually smarter and fiercer than when YJ was trying to do the job. Also loved the scene where KMN tells YJ that watching YJ live KMN's life, it made her regret that she had been too passive in her own life.

- The ultimate team of SW, YJ, Yu Joon, Lawyer Noh, and Mrs. Kim was fantastic. Mr. Noh's betrayal had had me gasping, though when I thought of it for longer than the initial reaction, I wondered if it was a planned event. YJ saying that she needed be placed in Seong Hye's grasp so that she could get SH to confess was a great round table discussion, and the way it was pulled off was so satisfying, especially with the live stream to the internet. 

- Yun Joon and Yeon Ju's parting was also very sweet, if a little sad. I love Lee Won Keun and thought he was brilliant here, even if it was appropriate that he had a long term crush on Yeon Ju rather than having it progress to actual romance. I loved it that he thanked her for just letting it be and having them be able to be friends for all that time anyway, so that he could like her as much as he wanted.

- Seung Hye's downfall was pretty cool. Not just the livestream bragging about the killings, but also how Yeon Ju intercepts her at the airport, not having been taken in by the suicide. Poor suicide victim.

- As @ktcjdramamentions, it was also good to finally get an answer to why the assistant had been so loyal. His sick sister who had been able to get a life saving surgery thanks to Seung Hye all those years ago. I also love that it was the assistant realizing that Seung Hye had been declining additional surgeries to help his sister because keeping her at death's door was her way of controlling that leads him to turn against her.

- I felt sorry for the Hanju mother to realize that her daughter had killed her beloved eldest son, and that her second son had known about it, but was too scared to tell anyone about it. I think having one of your children kill another of your children is possibly the best proof that your parenting was not all that.

Ultimately, this drama really is a bravura performance from Lee Ha Nui. She portrays both Yeon Ju and Kang Mi Na well, and really has a lot of fun with her Yeon Ju character. The plot has holes, including the nut allergy. Frankly with the way they depict how quickly the allergy affects KMN, she should have had an epinephrine pen on her. Even oral delivery of medicine would probably be too late to stop the progression of symptoms. However, it was a fun plot with twists, turns, and developing and shifting alliances. It also had a weak romance line, and Lee Sang Yoon was like the straight man against all the other energetic and unique characters.

I would also totally recommend watching this drama for a bit of fun, especially if one is also watching a darker drama or have just finished a darker drama.

• Like 1
  • Clapping Hands 1