A Business Proposal 사내 맞선 [2022]

JenL

1 hour ago, mademoiselle said:

New Teaser

Ok, AHS looks better with the hair down...

And @JenL bwahahaha looks like they change title to "A Business Proposal".

Hahaha...is is terrible if I say I still don't think he looks like he use to? :idk: 

What's with all thse title changes?  :cry: 

But actually, in a weird way I think the new title reads better than the old one...so I guess I don't reallllly mind it :heiboi:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Currently watching: Doctor Slump // Queen of Tears // The Impossible Heir

Current Obsessions: ❤ Lee Jae wook // Park Hyung Sik // Yoon Park

Podcast: These Dramatic Days

I think A Business Proposal is the translation of the original webtoon this is based on? This new title is more fitting because he's going to proposal a marriage contract for business purposes (to stop his grandpa from setting him up on blind dates). Neither one of them knew they worked for the same place until after they went on the blind date (well, he's the CEO for her company).

In the webtoon, she had on a pink wig for the blind date. I guess they won't give her a pink wig in this one. :lmao2:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
17 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

Update the thread name??? :laugh:

Done done ~

43 minutes ago, Tofu said:

I think A Business Proposal is the translation of the original webtoon this is based on? This new title is more fitting because he's going to proposal a marriage contract for business purposes (to stop his grandpa from setting him up on blind dates).

Hahaha I feel like I've read at least 27 mangas wiith contract marriage plotlines that were exactly the same when I was a teenn :laugh:Good to see the contract marriage genre is not dead. 

Haha, I know I started this thread, but someone please tag me when this starts. I'm so out of the Kdrama world with release dates at the moment. :psweatduck:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 1/25/2022 at 2:17 PM, Tofu said:

@JenL They are mostly common in Chinese dramas -- it happens more than you think. They have a few out multiple times a year. Haha! 

Hahaha, wahhh they really like the contract marriage idea :laugh:

Is this the webtoon in the background?

• Like 3

@JenL Actually , contract marriage and forced cohabitation tropes are very old school..

Spoiler

but I am a sucker for such tropes ! :lmao2:

If done well , it can be fun especially if they have compatible leads and put a fresh twist to how the develop the story. Let's see if this one will work.

• Haha 2

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

7 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

@JenL Actually , contract marriage and forced cohabitation tropes are very old school..

Hahaha they are totally old school...that's why I'm still surprised contract marriages are so popular :laugh: I think when I read mangas in high school some of those comics had been out for like 30 years....so this is a super ancient trope!

But maybe I'm not really surprised. I mean they need a reason for them to be quite intimate quickly in close proximity for a long period of time...and contract marriages are a trope that ticks all those boxes...

• Like 2

@abs-oluteM Answering your Twitter question here, but I'll put it in spoiler tag in case someone doesn't want to know about second leads, etc. 

Spoiler

The main couple will have a second male lead who grew up with the female lead. There will also be a second female lead but she's not really a second female lead. She appears as if she'll be one but she has no intentions of being together with the male lead. She purposely make gestures and say things just to make fun of the female lead. Haha! 

The second couple will have a second female involved. This second female is her rival throughout her life (both from rich families). The couple will have some misunderstanding because of it but it was resolved fair quickly. They are super cute together and I'm more excited to see them than the main couple. 

• Like 1
  • Clapping Hands 1
5 hours ago, Tofu said:

@Rina I hope they do the manhwa justice for the second couple. They were absolutely adorable! :wow:

@Tofu Its SBS may need to lower expectations.

New posters! The second couple hahaha..

spacer.png

• Haha 2

Hope...

Sometimes that's all you have when you have nothing else.