Wow! 14 Emmy nominations with 5 acting awards and best drama, best director, best writing!

“Squid Game” Makes History With 14 Emmy Award Nominations, Including Best Drama Series And 5 Acting Nods

“Squid Game” Makes History With 14 Emmy Award Nominations, Including Best Drama Series And 5 Acting Nods

Jul 13, 2022 by E. Cha

“Squid Game” has made Emmy history with its incredible 14 nominations for the 2022 Emmy Awards!

On July 12 local time, the Emmy Awards officially announced this year’s nominees, and the global phenomenon “Squid Game” racked up an impressive 14 nods that included many of the ceremony’s top awards.

“Squid Game” has become the first non-English language series ever to be nominated for Outstanding Drama Series at the Emmy Awards, going up against popular U.S. shows “Better Call Saul,” “Euphoria,” “Ozark,” “Severance,” “Stranger Things,” “Succession,” and “Yellowjackets.”

Additionally, five “Squid Game” stars were nominated for acting awards, making them the first native Korean actors in history to earn nominations in their respective categories.

Lee Jung Jae is in the running for Lead Actor in a Drama Series, while Jung Ho Yeon has been nominated for Supporting Actress in a Drama Series. Park Hae Soo and Oh Young Soo are both in the running for Supporting Actor in a Drama Series, and Lee Yoo Mi is up for Guest Actress in a Drama Series.

Director Hwang Dong Hyuk has also become the first native Korean to earn Emmy nominations for directing and writing, snagging nods for both Outstanding Directing for a Drama Series and Outstanding Writing for a Drama Series.

The other awards for which “Squid Game” has been nominated this year include Outstanding Production Design for a Narrative Contemporary Program (One Hour or More), Outstanding Cinematography for a Single-Camera Series (One Hour), Outstanding Single-Camera Picture Editing for a Drama Series, Outstanding Original Main Title Theme Music, Outstanding Special Visual Effects in a Single Episode, and Outstanding Stunt Performance.

Congratulations to the cast and crew of “Squid Game” on their historic nominations!

Source

• 1 month later...

Content Writing Reporter Lee Si Jin.

[Breaking] 'Squid Game' Lee Yoo Mi wins Emmys.

20220905000263-0.jpg

Lee Yoo Mi plays Ji Yeong, a young woman also referred to as Player No. 240, in “Squid Game.” (Netflix)

On September 4th, the '74th Creative Arts Primetime Emmy Awards' took place at Microsoft Theater in LA. On this day, Actress Lee Yoo Mi played Ji Yeong became the first Korean actress to win the Emmys for her outstanding performance as a guest actress in Netflix's mega-hit series, 'Squid Game'.

Lee Yoo Mi was nominated in the category along with Marcia Gay Harden from "The Morning Show" Martha Kelly from "Euphoria" and Hope Davis, Sanaa Lathan and Harriet Walter from "Succession."

20220905000264-0.jpg

Lee Yoo Mi (Varo Entertainment)

Spoiler

1662340918-20220905-101754.jpg

'source'

https://www.koreaherald.com/view.php?ud=20220905000257&np=1&mp=1

• Like 2
  • Party! 1

CurrentlyLiesGrden•CYouIn19thLif•Battle4HappinssWaitingRvenant•Heartb•NumbersFinishedBingeWatchingRace•B.Knight•GloryIIDaily•2D1NS4•RunMan

Content Writing Yonhap News By Kang Ae Ran.

yna1065624913808509-988.jpg

Netflix Korean series 'Squid Game' is the first non-English-speaking drama to challenge the Emmys Award, the highest prestigious award in the American broadcasting industry.

The American Academy of TV Arts and Sciences will hold the 74th Emmy Awards ceremony at the Microsoft Theater on September, 13.

'Squid Game' was nominated in six categories, including Best Picture in TV Drama, Best Director, Best Screenplay, Best Actor (Lee Jung Jae), Best Supporting Actor (Oh Young Soo, Park Hae Soo) and Best Supporting Actress (Jeong Ho Yeon).

If the award is successful, it will be the first non-English speaking and the first Korean actor in each category to be recorded. In particular, winning the Best Picture Award, which is the highest honor, has a great meaning in that K-drama surpasses its rivals in the US mainland to take the top spot.

yna1065624913808509-594.jpg

yna1065624913808081-628.jpg

Spoiler

yna1065624913808081-135.jpg

The 'Squid Game Day' proclamation ceremony was held at Los Angeles City Hall, USA on September, 9. (Los Angeles= Yonhap News Correspondent Yoon Seop Jeong)

'click on this link for more details'

'source'

https://m.k-odyssey.com/news/newsview.php?ncode=179535912620558

• Like 2
  • Party! 1

CurrentlyLiesGrden•CYouIn19thLif•Battle4HappinssWaitingRvenant•Heartb•NumbersFinishedBingeWatchingRace•B.Knight•GloryIIDaily•2D1NS4•RunMan

Lee Jung Jae And “Squid Game” Director Hwang Dong Hyuk Make History With Major Wins At 2022 Emmy Awards

TV/FILM Sep 13, 2022 by D. Kim

“Squid Game” has made history once again!

The 2022 Emmy Awards took place on September 12 (local time) in Los Angeles, California with “Squid Game” stars Lee Jung Jae, Jung Ho Yeon, Park Hae Soo, Oh Young Soo, and director Hwang Dong Hyuk in attendance.

Lee Jung Jae became the first Asian actor to win Outstanding Lead Actor in a Drama Series for his role as Gi Hun in “Squid Game.” Other nominees included

lee-jung-jae.jpeg

After thanking the Television Academy, Netflix, Hwang Dong Hyuk, and the “Squid Game” team, Lee Jung Jae said in Korean, “To everyone watching from Korea, my friends, family, and dearest fans, I want to share this joy with you. Thank you.”

Hwang Dong Hyuk won Outstanding Directing for a Drama Series, winning against the directors of “Ozark,” “Severance,” “Succession,” and “Yellowjackets.” This is the first-ever win in this category for a non-English language drama.

hwang-dong-hyuk.jpeg

The director said in his speech, “People keep telling me that I made history, but I don’t think I made history by myself because it was you who opened up the doors for ‘Squid Game,’ inviting us here tonight at the Emmys. I have to say we all made history together. I truly hope that ‘Squid Game’ won’t be the last non-English series to be here at the Emmys, and I also hope this won’t be my last Emmy either. I’ll be back with Season 2.”

“Squid Game” was also nominated for several other categories including Outstanding Drama Series, Hwang Dong Hyuk for Outstanding Writing for a Drama Series, Jung Ho Yeon for Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Drama Series, and Park Hae Soo and Oh Young Soo for Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Drama Series.

Congratulations to Lee Jung Jae and Hwang Dong Hyuk!

Source

• Like 2
  • Star Struck 1

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQlbnbbWVdvh2QgKR_MJi6tAIApNQScfSIv_t_nd-fEBCJhjmRQ8lUWNTRN41KjBnEBtw&usqp=CAU

Emmy-Winning Guest Star Lee Yoo-Mi Predicts She’d Die Early Playing ‘Squid Game’ In Real Life

By Rosy Cordero September 4, 2022 6:58pm

Emmy Winning Guest Star Lee Yoo-Mi Predicts She'd Die Early Playing 'Squid  Games' In Real Life—Creative Emmys – Deadline

Squid Game star Lee Yoo-Mi is a newly minted Emmy winner after scoring the Outstanding Guest Actress in a Drama Series on Sunday at the Creative Arts Emmys. And while celebrating the accolade backstage, she pondered how far she’d get if she played the game herself.

“I think I’ll probably die at Red Light, Green Light,” she said backstage at the Creative Arts Emmys with a giggle.

Although she doubts she’d make it very far in the game, her star power continues to grow in Hollywood— and she’s not taking that responsibility lightly.

“Holding it now feels very heavy and it almost feels like a sense of heavy responsibility that I have as an actress. I want to be able to do more with it moving forward,” she said of her Emmy win.

While she’s happy to talk about the future as far as her career goes, she’s much more mum as to whether or not her character Ji-yeong could return from the dead for Season 2 of the Netflix hit.

“Season 2 is still a secret. But I think once you watch it, you’ll find out,” she teased.

Check out her backstage comments in the video at this link:

https://deadline.com/2022/09/squid-game-lee-yoo-mi-interview-creative-arts-emmys-1235107919/

Squid Game won five Creative Emmys on Sunday including Lee’s win alongside Outstanding Special Video Effects, Outstanding Stunt Performance and Outstanding Production Design.

Source

Edited by Chocolate
  • Like 2

zapzee_bi_postive-1.png

Lee Jung Jae Appears on the Emmys Red Carpet with His Girlfriend Lim Se Ryung

KRISHKIM

a4290a39-10cf-4498-9160-2e6c3592e840.png

Credit: Emmys Instagram

Lee Jung Jae posed together on the Emmys red carpet with his girlfriend Lim Se Ryung.

The crew of the hit Netflix series Squid Game arrived in style at the red carpet event on the 13th ahead of the 74th Primetime Emmy Awards.

The first one to stand on the red carpet was lead actor Lee Jung Jae. He appeared on the red carpet hand-in-hand with his girlfriend Lim Se Ryung, the vice-chairman of Daesang Group. The two were often spotted together at official overseas events of Squid Game, but this is the first time they publicly posed together in front of the media.

The paparazzi photos of Lee Jung Jae and Lim Se Ryung hit the wire in January 2015, and soon, the two came public with their relationship. Lim Se Ryung is also well-known as the ex-wife of Lee Jae Yong, the vice chairman of Samsung Electronics.

Meanwhile, Lee Jung Jae hit the jackpot at Monday’s Emmy Awards, winning Outstanding Lead Actor in a Drama Series, making history as the first Korean actor to ever win the Emmys.

Source

Edited by Chocolate
  • Like 2

Seriously, who would have ever thought that a Korean actor in a Korean drama which was all in Korean would win an Emmy? However, Lee Jung Jae is such an accomplished actor! I'm thrilled he got his accolades, and the rest of the Squid Game cast and crew as well, of course.

Thanks @Chocolatefor keeping up with the posting on this thread! It's where I come to get my Squid Game fix.

• Awesome 1
  • Party! 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Yonhap News Agency by Yoo Joon Ha.

Rolling Stone 'The 100 Greatest TV Shows of All Time' includes 'Squid Game'

p1065573562542593-278-thum.jpg

This photo shows a screen shot taken from the main webpage of Rolling Stone Magazine which shows, rank of 'Squid Game.'

(Yonhap)

Seoul September, 27 (Yonhap) -- American magazine specializing in coverage of Music, Film TV and more Rolling Stone has placed South Korean Netflix series “Squid Game” within their “The 100 Greatest TV Shows of All Time.”

South Korean Netflix series, “Squid Game” ranked 95th within “The 100 Greatest TV Shows of All Time” and is the only non-English series to have made it to the chart, addressed Rolling Stone on September 26 (US time).

'tap'

'source'

https://m.k-odyssey.com/news/newsview.php?ncode=1065573562542593

• Like 1
  • Party! 2

• 1 month later...

Squid-Game-210921-1.gif

Written By Reporter Seo Jin Joo, Live Contents Team.

2022103113284814923-1.jpg

The picture is the 'Squid Game' team at the Emmy Awards ceremony held at the Microsoft Theater in Los Angeles, USA on the 13th of last month (Korean time). /Photo = Reuters

Foreign interest in the Netflix Korean drama 'Squid Game' Season 2 is heating up.

On the 30th (local time), a foreign media reported, "Season 2 of 'Squid Game' is the biggest show on Netflix, and there is information that will appeal to fans who are waiting for season 2. He reported that at least three of the characters from Season 1 are returning for Season 2 in fact, there are new characters as well.

The media said, "Lee Jung Jae, who plays the main character, Sung Ki Hoon, will appear in Season 2." He added, "Lee Byung Hun, who plays the frontman, will appear in Season 2 as it is, and Gong Yoo's character as salesman, is also likely to return."

The new character appearing in Season 2 of 'Squid Game' is 'Cheol Su'. The media predicted, "Young Hee's boyfriend, Cheol Su, will appear in the play, and a completely new round can be presented."

Earlier, on the 13th of last month, 'Squid Game' won six awards at the Emmy Awards, the most prestigious in the American broadcasting industry. Accordingly, domestic and foreign fans are showing their anticipation for Season 2 of 'Squid Game'.

source:

https://moneys.mt.co.kr/news/mwView.php?no=2022103113284814923

• Like 1
  • Party! 1

• 3 months later...

shocked-lee-jung-jae.gif

Xports News

Content Writing Reporter Lee Chang Kyu 

Squid-Game-2.jpg

With the news that 'Squid Game Season 2' is aiming to begin filming in 2023, attention is being gathered on who will be the protagonist for the following season of the megahit series.

According to Screen Rant on February 13, there is high anticipation that the frontman, played by actor Lee Byung Hun will be the main character of 'Squid Game Season 2'.

Season 1 ended on a cliffhanger, leaving many viewers with more questions rather than closure. At the end of Season 1, it was revealed that the mysterious Front Man was actually Hwang In Ho,  the ex-cop brother of Hwang Jun Ho. Hwang Jun Ho, the cop that sneaked onto the island in search of his missing brother, assumed that his brother had died in the game, but it turned out that Hwang In Ho ended up winning the game and working for the creator of the death game.

0001557597-002-20230214184101414.jpg

[Photo=Netflix]

Screen Rant revealed, "Squid Game creator Hwang Dong Hyuk addressed the topic of the Front Man and Season 2 (via Forbes) and stated that he would like to dive further into In Ho's police background."

The director further elaborated, "I think the issue with police officers is not just an issue in Korea. Negative criticism from viewers may even predict whether a victim will develop depression. I see it on the global news. This was an issue that I wanted to raise. Maybe in Season 2, I can talk about this more."

Screen Rant predicts that the second season of Squid Game will delve deeper into the backstory of Hwang In Ho, exploring how he became the Front Man controlling the red-suited guards, as well as how the other guards ended up on the island to build confidence and avoid arrogance.

'Squid Game Season 2' will be released on Netflix in 2024.

• Like 1
  • Party! 2

• 3 months later...

logo_108_6_20170111151211.jpg

[Exclusive] Im Si-wan confirmed as lead role in 'Squid Game' Season 2

2023.06.15. [Star News | Reporter Lee Seung-hoon]

0003159840_001_20230615100701184.jpg?typ

As a result of exclusive coverage of Star News on the 15th, it was confirmed that Im Si-wan was recently cast in Season 2 of Netflix's original series 'Squid Game'.

Previously, in June of last year, director Hwang Dong-hyeok announced on Netflix Korea's official SNS that Lee Jung-jae and Lee Byung-hun would appear in Season 2 of 'Squid Game', and Gong Yoo could also appear. Im Si-wan, along with Lee Jung-jae and Lee Byung-hun, will appear as the main characters in Season 2 of 'Squid Game' and unfold a new story.

It is known that the total production cost of 'Squid Game' season 2 is about 100 billion won or more. After completing the casting work, the first filming will begin this summer, with the goal of releasing it in 2024.

In this regard, Netflix said to Star News, "There is nothing we can confirm about 'Squid Game' season 2 and casting. We cannot say anything."

'Squid Game' is a Netflix series that tells the story of people participating in a mysterious survival game with a prize of 45.6 billion won, risking their lives to become the final winner and challenging an extreme game, directed and written by Hwang Dong-hyuk.

In Season 1, which was released in September 2021, Lee Jung-jae, Park Hae-soo, Oh Young-soo, Wi Ha-joon, Jung Ho-yeon, Heo Seong-tae, Kim Joo-ryeong, Gong Yoo, and Lee Byung-hun appeared, and 111 million households around the world watched in about a month, 'Squid Game' ' became the highest-viewed Netflix original ever.

Im Si-wan appeared in the Netflix movie 'I Just Dropped My Smartphone' released in February, and the movie '1947 Boston' is about to be released in September.

Source: https://n.news.naver.com/entertain/article/108/0003159840

Edited by Chocolate
  • Like 1
  • Party! 2

So many of my favorite oppas together in one drama!! 

heart.gif

But this means with all my oppas, I will probably be watching like this and not paying attention to the story at all! 

yes-patrick.gif

1 hour ago, mademoiselle said:

SK is very supportive of Siwan's casting coz he could play both good and evil.

I'm kind of leaning towards wanting him to be evil because I know he would be so good at it. 

1 hour ago, mademoiselle said:

Park Sung Hoon, is he someone Oppa?

I think he's @abs-oluteM's?? Maybe...

• Haha 3
3 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

please don't be something like Strangers From Hell kind

Agreed! I don't want that kind of evil either. I'm ok with evil like in Emergency Declaration or Unlocked. And no, I did not watch that because I saw many the clips and I was too scared to watch.

• Haha 3