On 8/16/2021 at 10:36 AM, abs-oluteM said:

Interesting trailer . Somewhat I kept thinking of Hunger Games

it feels very Hunger Games but with more crazy dystopian set

dehumanized things from the trailer:

- human queue like it is in production line of a factory

- the coffin is a gift box that is crazy

- making childhood game as a bloody hell one

- the said "it's just a game" when people lives are at stake

ok save to the watchlist, I want to see how crazy it will be but dangggggggg awful dehumanized things like these always get me goosebumps

• Like 1
  • Clapping Hands 2

G O O D  V I B E S  

♪ click me below for my cw, edits, about 

d r a m a s a f f a i r . c a r r d . c o 

f72557f52773430f8e752174f0d6792b.jpeg?s=

Lee Jung Jae And Park Hae Soo Are Two Sides Of The Same Coin In “Squid Game”

Aug 21, 2021 by M. Kang

Netflix’s upcoming series “Squid Game” has released new character stills!

“Squid Game” is a new drama about a mysterious survival game with a reward of 45.6 billion won (about $40 million). Lee Jung Jae and Park Hae Soo star as two childhood friends who wind up joining the game—only to learn that there’s much more at stake than just the prize money.

According to Lee Jung Jae, his character Ki Hoon is one he has “never experienced before.” That says a lot, given that Lee Jung Jae has a spectacular discography including “The Thieves,” “Assassination,” “The Face Reader,” “Deliver Us from Evil,” and more. Ki Hoon is someone who has experienced divorce, the failure of his business, debt, and gambling. He’s a character that doesn’t lose hope and humanity even in the midst of desperation. Lee Jung Jae commented further on the role by saying, “I tried to express the heavy sense of pain hidden beneath what seems to be a vibrant life on the surface.”

Ki Hoon holds on to respect for others and hope while being swept off his feet by waves of emotions and fierce competition. He struggles through each round as he is forced to hurt others in order to survive. Director Hwang Dong Hyuk commented that he wanted to show “Lee Jung Jae’s personable image hidden within the actor’s sharp and fierce image.”

Spoiler

lee-jung-jae.jpg

lee-jung-jae1.jpg

Park Hae Soo, on the other hand, will play Sang Woo, who grew up with Ki Hoon in the same neighborhood as a brilliant kid that went on to attend Seoul National University. After falling into great debt after one wrong decision, he goes from smooth sailing through life to fighting tactfully and in cold blood in the games. His character falls on the opposite end of the spectrum from Lee Jung Jae’s Ki Hoon. As the story progresses, his ambitions start coming to the surface and the look in his eyes grow colder.

His focus on winning is showcased in the still where he remains the only one standing among all the other contestants crouching down. Park Hae Soo’s efforts to show “the reasonable choices and decisions only Sang Woo can make” will make for a show with heightened tensions. Director Hwang Dong Hyuk commented, “Park Hae Soo’s face has an interesting charm that comes from falling neither on the side of good nor evil. I think he’ll be able to portray this character that evolves most dramatically better than anyone.”

Spoiler

park-hae-soo1.jpg

park-hae-soo.jpg

On the contrast between the two characters, the director continued to explain, “I wanted them to emulate fraternal twins that share the same root and memories. They are neighbors that grew up in the same neighborhood. They shared their most innocent times, went on to live their own lives, and reunite at an unexpected place. Will they trust one another, will they survive? You’ll fall deeper into their choices and lives as the story progresses.”

Source

Edited by Chocolate
  • Like 2

@NetflixKR

An extreme survival game that risked your life. Here are the participants who set foot on this incredible place.

E9nv8TNVUAEHdox?format=jpg&name=small

netflixkr

Other people who participated in the survival, squid game that risked their lives for 45.6 billion won👥 Where no one can believe, their choice in <Squid Game> is really… ?

September 17 is only found in Netflix

wDbbAmY.jpg

Spoiler

nlulkOt.jpg

HsEDG45.jpg

g2plPGq.jpg

cSpUWH6.jpg

UqVhydq.jpg

• Like 2

logo_kstarlive_black.svg

large_8b8da28748599c365a53168218534aa483

Upcoming Korean Netflix Series 'Squid Game' Confirmed to have Received Highest 19+ Ratings in History

Aug 26, 2021

The drama is only for adults.

Netflix has now released detailed ratings for 'Squid Game' ahead of its release. The series has been confirmed to be 19+ with the highest ratings in history.

'Squid Game' is categorized 19+ for its theme, sex, violence, and language. As for its horror, drugs, and risk of imitation, they are categorized "moderately high."

The series marks the highest 19+ ratings for Korean Netflix series in history with its "high" ratings in 4 categories and "moderately high" ratings in 3 other categories. Previously, the record was held by 'Extracurricular' which received "high" ratings for its theme, violence, language, and risk of imitation; "moderately high" ratings for its horror and drugs; "low" ratings for its sex.

'Squid Game' is a dark fantasy drama about a mysterious survival game with a reward of KRW 45.6 billion. The series will feature Lee Jungjae, Park Haesoo, Heo Sungtae, Wi Hajoon, Kim Jooryung, and Jung Hoyeon as the main cast. Gong Yoo is also confirmed to make a cameo in the series. It will be released exclusively on Netflix on September 17th.

Source

• Like 2

Watch: Lee Jung Jae’s “Squid Game” Puts A Deadly Twist On Children’s Games In New Trailer & Poster

Sep 3, 2021 by E. Cha

Netflix has shared another chilling sneak peek of its upcoming series “Squid Game”!

“Squid Game” is a new drama about a mysterious survival game with a reward of 45.6 billion won (approximately $40 million) on the line. Lee Jung Jae and Park Hae Soo will star as two childhood friends who wind up joining the game—only to learn that there is more at stake than just the prize money.

In a newly released poster for the upcoming drama, the game’s contestants cower in fear as they run for their lives in front of a giant robot. Despite the brightly colored uniforms of the game’s faceless workers and the seemingly harmless look of the robot, which is designed to look like a young girl, the blood-stained ground and the heap of bodies in the background reveals just how deadly of a game they’re playing.

The poster’s caption ominously reads, “45.6 billion [won], the childhood innocence of grown-ups will be destroyed.”

Meanwhile, the new trailer gives viewers a glimpse of how the contestants wind up in this terrifying battle, which pits them against one another in lethal versions of six classic Korean children’s games.

Once the 456 contestants—all of whom are badly in need of money—agree to join the game, they learn that there is no way out. Losing the game means losing your life—but refusing to play will also result in elimination. Only the final survivor will get to leave with the 45.6 billion won.

Despite being outraged by the violence and injustice of the game, the players have no choice but to fight for their lives. As a masked panel of elite organizers watches from afar, the contestants begin to form alliances, devise strategies, and turn on one another in a desperate attempt to survive.

“Squid Game” will be released on September 17. In the meantime, check out the new trailer and poster for the drama below!

Spoiler

Squid-Game-2.jpg

Source

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@NetflixKR

동그라미, 세모 그리고 네모. 오징어 게임의 도형 속에 갇힌 참가자들, 과연 끝까지 살아남을 자는 누구인가. 9월 17일 이 모든 비밀이 풀립니다. 오직 넷플릭스에서! #오징어게임 #SquidGame #이정재 #박해수 #위하준 #넷플릭스 #Netflix

Circles, triangles and squares. The participants trapped in the figure of the squid game, who will survive to the end? On September 17th, all these secrets will be revealed. Only on Netflix!

Spoiler

E-r_iohX0AALB5R?format=jpg&name=4096x409

Lee-Jung-Jae.jpg

Park-Hae-Soo.jpg

Wi-Ha-Joon.jpg

Edited by Chocolate
  • Like 1
  • Party! 1

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Lee Jung Jae, Park Hae Soo, And Wi Ha Joon Fight With Their Lives On The Line In Character Posters For “Squid Game”

Sep 8, 2021 by S. Nam

Netflix’s upcoming series “Squid Game” released new stills and posters starring Lee Jung JaePark Hae Soo, and Wi Ha Joon!

“Squid Game” is a new drama about a mysterious survival game with a reward of 45.6 billion won (approximately $40 million) on the line. Lee Jung Jae and Park Hae Soo will star as two childhood friends who wind up joining the game—only to learn that there is more at stake than just the prize money.

The new stills share a look at the 456 game participants, the mysterious administrators who are wearing masks, and the place where the large-scale game takes place. The 456 contestants, who have each received a business card with a circle, triangle, and square drawn upon it, are people who have been pushed to the edge of society due to different personal reasons.

Squid-Game1.jpg

Although the contestants agreed to the unique proposal of changing their lives around with an opportunity of a lifetime, the price of the game is their lives. They soon realize that only the last person remaining can claim the prize. Director Hwang Dong Hyuk shared, “The game is a mini version of the outside world. I transferred the competition that takes place in the real world to the game exactly as it is.” As the contestants repeat the process of rallying together and betraying each other, they experience extreme struggle and despair within the game.

Spoiler

Squid-Game-4.jpg

In the new stills, the actors realistically portray the unbelievable setting. Actors of all different ages, genders, and nationalities skillfully express their characters’ dilemma and anguish from facing an ironic situation in which they have to take down a stranger in order to survive. The drama will deliver a shocking and diverse story full of twists to viewers through the set-up of an extreme situation where no one can trust themselves, let alone a stranger.

Squid-Game-21.jpg

Furthermore, the masked administrators also depict a hierarchical society. The mysterious figures control the contestants while wearing masks that are divided by class with the shape of a triangle, circle, or square. The contestants wear green training suits while the game administrators sport bright pink jumpsuits, adding even greater tension to the inevitable confrontation between the two groups. Lee Jung Jae shared, “The game felt fun during the first filming, but the fear felt as the filming progressed was on another scale.”

Squid-Game-3.jpg

“Squid Game” also released character posters of the three main leads, clearly conveying the strain and terror the contestants experience from the game. Contestants Ki Hoon (Lee Jung Jae) and Sang Woo (Park Hae Soo), who have been left with no other options in their lives, wear intense and desperate expressions on their face. They have no choice but to survive until the end of the unpredictable game in order to claim the prize money that could flip their lives around. Ki Hoon’s poster includes a bright pink circle in front while Sang Woo’s poster is highlighted with a neon pink triangle.

Lee-Jung-Jae.jpg

Park-Hae-Soo.jpg

Police officer Joon Ho (Wi Ha Joon) creates a suspenseful atmosphere as he aims the gun at someone. While chasing after his missing older brother, Joon Ho follows the clue left by Ki Hoon at the police station and infiltrates the survival game. He conceals himself as an administrator and gradually approaches the hidden truth. Since Joon Ho has witnessed the two-sided nature of the game, viewers are curious to find out who he’s pointing the gun at. No one knows who started this game, adding even more elements of mystery to the drama.

Wi-Ha-Joon.jpg

Squid game is based on a children’s game enjoyed in the 70s and 80s that’s simple but competitive and violent because it has a lot of physical elements. It’s a game in which the attackers and defenders play by facing off on top of a drawing of a circle, triangle, and square, which are shapes that make up a squid.

Director Hwang Dong Hyuk shared, “I decided to use the name of this game as the title after seeing everyone, who is living in a capitalistic era, being driven out by extreme competition.” The props and rooms from each game, which uses the three basic shapes, have become a colosseum for the contestants. The shapes also represent class division, and the contestants captured within the circle, triangle, and square in the posters portray how those people are caught in an extremely competitive society.

“Squid Game” will be released on September 17.

Source

Edited by Chocolate
  • Like 2

netflixkr

“I thought it was a game that symbolically expresses the competitive society we live in.”

Actors Lee Jung-jae, Park Hae-soo, Wi Ha-jun, Jeong Ho-yeon, Huh Seong-tae and Hwang Dong-hyuk met at the production presentation. Are you all ready to participate in <Squid Game>, a brutal competitive survival game you've never seen before?

l4M9Ygt.jpg?1

Spoiler

qZV0OmG.jpg

xo6tcqP.jpg

0C5DQFr.jpg

S6KoWtJ.jpg

mp3JTCZ.jpg

• Like 3

logo.png

"Squid Game" Lee Jung Jae "Transformation? Laughing at my acting for a long time.""To the point where you wonder if there's no brain."

기사입력 2021-09-15 11:22:35

2021091501001165200074971.jpg

[Sports Chosun reporter Moon Ji-yeon] Actor Lee Jung-jae explained his role in the Squid Game.

On the 15th, Netflix held a production presentation of the new original series "Squid Game" (written by Hwang Dong-hyuk, directed by Hwang Dong-hyuk) live to prevent the spread of COVID-19. Directors Lee Jung-jae, Park Hae-soo, Wi Ha-joon, Jung Ho-yeon, Heo Sung-tae and Hwang Dong-hyuk attended the event.

Spoiler

Lee Jung-jae said, "Ki-hoon is an optimistic, worried, and lives with sick parents, but he is worried about his poor job and money-making." As a result, I have a motivation to participate in a game with a large prize money, and I am optimistic with the people I meet at the game room, so I get along with them, and I risk my life to play the game," he said.

Lee Jung-jae also showed a "dizzy" appearance that was completely different from what he had shown so far through the "squid game." In response, Lee Jung-jae said, "It's not a transformation, but I kept laughing for a while after watching the drama." He laughed, saying, "I even thought, 'No brain?'"

In response, director Hwang Dong-hyuk wanted to work with Lee Jung-jae because he wanted to come out cool from "Sandglass" until recently and destroy it. "I thought it would be nice to show them the humanity that I see from time to time and reveal it properly in earnest, so I invited them as Ki Hoon," he said.

"Squid Game" is a Netflix series that tells the story of people who participate in a mysterious survival game with 45.6 billion won in prize money risking their lives to become the final winner. A drama that director Hwang Dong-hyuk has long envisioned, who has been telling stories that are not trapped in genres such as "Namhansanseong Fortress," "Suspicious Woman," and "Dogany." The "Squid Game" was created by finding a point of contact between the memories of alley games experienced as a child and modern society leading to extreme competition.

Expectations are also high for the actors' performance. "Quattro 10 million actors" Lee Jung-jae was infatuated with Ki Hoon who participated in a survival game that risked his life at the edge of his life. In addition, Park Hae-soo, who showed a variety of faces, will be divided into a junior who grew up in the same neighborhood as Ki Hoon and a senior Sangwoo in the neighborhood who entered Seoul National University. After being in debt at the investment team leader of a securities company, he is expected to reunite with Ki Hoon and instill tension in the game.

"Squid Game" will be released in more than 190 countries around the world through Netflix on the 17th.

Reporter Moon Jiyeon, lunamoon@sportschosun.com

Source

• Like 3

zapzee_bi_postive.png

Netflix Held its Production Press Conference Live Online For Netflix’s New Original ‘Squid Game’

by Munjeong Jung | Sep 15, 2021

Netflix_SquidGame_020.jpg

Credit: Netflix

On September 15th, Netflix held an online showcase for its new original series Squid Game.

Lee Jung Jae, Park Hae Soo, Wi Ha Joon, Jung Ho Yeon, Heo Sung Tae, and director Hwang Dong Hyuk participated in the event.

Lee Jung Jae introduced his character by saying, “Ki Hoon is an optimistic person who lives with his ill parents. Things aren’t easy for him as they are for everyone because he has an unstable, low-paying job. Therefore, he has a strong motivation to participate in the games with big prize money. Meanwhile, he gets along well with people he meets in the game room because of his upbeat personality. When the game begins, he risks his life to win the games.”

In addition, Lee Jung Jae gave a glimpse at his miserable character in Squid game. Regarding this whole new character he played, Lee Jung Jae said, “I don’t think I underwent any dramatic transformation, but I couldn’t stop laughing after watching the drama. I was like, does he have a brain?”

Spoiler

Netflix_SquidGame.jpg

Credit: Netflix

Director Hwang Dong Hyuk said, “I wanted to work with Lee Jung Jae because I always wanted to break his image. He gets typecast a lot for the cool roles like his role in Sandglass. I thought it would be nice for him to show his humanity which I saw at times, so I asked him to join as Ki Hoon.”

Source

• Like 3

OLTHxkf.png?1

Netflix’s ‘Squid Game’ turns childhood games into bloody survival battles

By Lee Si-jin | Published : Sept 16, 2021 - 00:56  Updated : Sept 16, 2021 - 15:49

FVRqhIR.jpg

Actors Park Hae-soo (left) and Lee Jung-jae pose for a photo after an online press conference held on Wednesday. (Netflix)

For director Hwang Dong-hyuk, producing the upcoming mystery sci-fi series “Squid Game” brought about mixed emotions.

“After debuting with ‘My Father,’ I read a lot of comics and was mesmerized by survival games. With an attempt to create a Korean version, I started planning out the work in 2008 and finished the scenario in 2009,” the director said in an online press conference Wednesday. “However, casting actors and getting investment were extremely difficult during these periods. The idea of a game winner who strikes it rich was unwelcomed. The brutality and cruelty of the games were of concern. I had to put the scenario on the shelf.”

More than a decade later, interest in survival games and cryptocurrency picked up.

"Unlike 2009, many people were fascinated by the script and I decided to expand the original scenario to shoot a Netflix series,” Hwang added.

Director Hwang’s Netflix debut, “Squid Game,” revolves around hundreds of cash-strapped players accepting an unexpected invitation to compete in various children’s games for a tempting prize of 45.6 billion won ($39 million).

The competitors, faced with a life-changing opportunity, find out that each game puts their lives at stake. Taking place at an undisclosed site, the contestants are prohibited from leaving the premises until a final winner is declared.

9DJSFjJ.jpg

Spoiler

Hundreds of cash-strapped players are invited to play childhood games in “Squid Game.” (Netflix)

Asked why he chose Squid Game for the title of his upcoming series, Hwang said it is the most physical game and his personal favorite among many childhood games.

“I thought the game was a perfect metaphor of our highly competitive society. So ‘Squid Game’ was a perfect name for this series,” Hwang added.

Veteran actor Lee Jung-jae, taking on the role of debt-ridden and divorced man Ki-hoon, shared his anticipation for the series’ debut.

“Because I always wished to work with Hwang, I was thrilled to hear about his offer. As I read through the scenario, I found the changes in emotions and personality of individual characters in an extreme situation captivating,” Lee said.

“Ki-hoon was an interesting character to play. Though he faces countless struggles in his life, Ki-hoon is very optimistic and humorous, and able to make friends in a life-threatening survival game. I was surprised to see how I portrayed Ki-hoon,” Lee added.

Though the game was set in a fictional world, co-star Park Hae-soo said it evoked real emotions.

“When I participated in the game Red Light, Green Light as Sang-woo, Ki-hoon’s childhood friend, the drama set was filled with all contestants. However, as I watched people die after fierce competition, I was left with many things to think about,” Park said.

The director hoped fans are able to find relief from the pressures they face and be free from the competition in their daily lives by watching the series. But he also urged viewers to dig deeper beneath the surface, and think about the reasons why we struggle so hard to live and survive in our competitive world.

The nine-part series “Squid Game” will arrive on Netflix on Sept. 17.

Source

• Like 3

Hmmm... so does it mean the red guards with triangle on the mask monitor only the green contestants who belong to the same shape group? 😂

The shapes apparently represent class division:

Lee Jung Jae (Ki Hoon) - Circle

Park Hae Soo (Sang Woo) - Triangle

Wi Ha Joon (Joon Ho) - Square

"The masked administrators also depict a hierarchical society. The mysterious figures control the contestants while wearing masks that are divided by class with the shape of a triangle, circle, or square."

v9QOVoV.jpg

ihemkGq.jpg

• Insightful 1
  • Haha 2
12 hours ago, Chocolate said:

Hmmm... so does it mean the red guards with triangle on the mask monitor only the green contestants who belong to the same shape group? 😂

this gonna be so hyper 😂 and sick..

well it is D-day release. They will release it all at once like D. P. ?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

G O O D  V I B E S  

8 minutes ago, abs-oluteM said:

I am not sure when I can start this.  ahahah I am so ambitious. I need like 36 hours a day.

Will wait for your feedback @Chocolate @bairama

lolol

I save it to watchlater, maybe in weekend. I haven't watched D. P. too. So many watchlist!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

G O O D  V I B E S