Rainless Love in a Godless Land 無神之地不下雨 [TW Drama 2021]

Tofu

Rainless Love in a Godless Land 無神之地不下雨

Pi7YUG3.jpg

Chinese Title: 無神之地不下雨

English Title: Rainless in a Godless Land

Scriptwriter: Chi Feng Chien (previously written Someday or One Day)

Episodes: 13

Broadcast Network: iQIYI

Broadcast Period: October 17th, 2021 -- Will air one episode every Sunday

Synopsis

From myths collected from Amis (indigenous people of Taiwan), the story is about the cause of environmental issues and how the gods began to no longer bless this land. With the arrival of the final rain, the gods depart one-by-one, and the humans yearn for them. It’s a story that unfolds in the days before the final judgement day, the love between gods and people. (Credit)

• Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 3

Cast of hit drama ‘Rainless in a Godless Land’ unveiled

By Shelly Yang, The China Post, Taiwan |December 8, 2020

FQ15tH6.jpg

TAIPEI (The China Post) — Three Phoenixes Production (三鳳製作) announced Tuesday that Joanne Tseng (曾之喬), Fu Meng-po (傅孟柏), Yu-Lin Yen (顏毓麟) will star in the upcoming romance TV series “Rainless in a Godless Land” (無神之地不下雨). 

Speaking in a press conference, a spokesperson of the company said that Joe Cheng (鄭元暢) and Ko Chia-yen (柯佳嬿) will also play cameos in the Taiwanese series. 

“Rainless in a Godless Land,” based on the Amis people’s animist mythology, is poised to become an international hit.

Tseng played as the only human in the main characters. This is the first TV series that the 32-year-old actress has starred in since she got married to Calvin Chen (辰亦儒) earlier this year.   

Joe Cheng, who is back on the Taiwanese network after 6 years, said that it’s been a long time since the last time he starred in a Taiwanese drama.  

“I’m very interested in the fantasy story and the inhuman characters,” Cheng said, adding that it was so rare to get a role without romance that he didn’t hesitate to take up the role.

Besides, Ko revealed that the plots and characters are even more complex than the popular drama “Someday Or One Day” (想見你, 2019), which was also produced by Three Phoenixes Production.

https://chinapost.nownews.com/20201208-1904573

• Like 3

Yeah, it does a little bit. I'm quite intrigue by the whole thing in general. I love when deities are mixed in with humans. That happens a lot in xianxia dramas, which is one of my favorite Chinese drama genres. :laugh:

• Like 1
  • Party! 2
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

wow :wow: Joanne Tseng looks so ethereal here! I went on the Facebook page the other day and was surprised at how many pictures and things they've posted. It's pretty exciting! I haven't watched any Taiwanese dramas this year. (Except this really really old Jasper drama which I watch when I'm ironing because it's so dated that if I wasn't ironing I'd be cringing a lot more :laugh: I only look up when Jasper's on screen)

• Like 2

Currently watching: Doctor Slump // Queen of Tears // The Impossible Heir

Current Obsessions: ❤ Lee Jae wook // Park Hyung Sik // Yoon Park

Podcast: These Dramatic Days

@JenL Same! I haven't watched any Taiwanese dramas this year too. Love is Science just didn't seem that interesting to me (which, they have started releasing episodes again -- it was on hiatus because of COVID). 

Here's another teaser!

And another one...

Spoiler

RLIAGL-05.gif

• Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 1

Haha @Tofu I see you went crazy like me and stalked the Facebook page! I also had a look at the Facebook page and was pleasantly suprised by how many pictures and things they had posted for the drama already :wow:  I actually don't know much about the main actor...do you? He looks good as the mysterious rain (?) god though. Your gif is beautiful! :heart:

21 hours ago, Tofu said:

@JenL Same! I haven't watched any Taiwanese dramas this year too. Love is Science just didn't seem that interesting to me (which, they have started releasing episodes again -- it was on hiatus because of COVID).

I realised I lied! I'm pretty sure I was still watching The Devil's Punisher at the start of this year. But I guess I haven't started any new TW dramas. Agreed - Love is Science hasn't pulled me in - I see clips on my Twitter as one of the girls is watching it there, but haven't felt compelled to try it. :idk:

Edited by JenL
  • Like 2

I was on Weibo and looked up some of the drama's contents because you mentioned a few were released! The two Taiwanese dramas coming out on iQIYI, the first one is out already (Danger Zone with Vic Zhou). It came out last week, so I'm hoping that this will come out after that one -- that will put us somewhere in October, possibly November?

On 9/12/2021 at 7:10 PM, JenL said:

I actually don't know much about the main actor...do you?

I'm not familiar with him either. I looked through his drama list and I don't remember watching any of his projects. So far in the trailers he's acting seems to be fine, but he's also just walking and staring too. Haha! 

RLIAGL-14-T.gif

On 9/12/2021 at 7:10 PM, JenL said:

I realised I lied! I'm pretty sure I was still watching The Devil's Punisher at the start of this year. But I guess I haven't started any new TW dramas. Agreed - Love is Science hasn't pulled me in - I see clips on my Twitter as one of the girls is watching it there, but haven't felt compelled to try it.

Agreed, I felt the same way about it too. I read reviews and saw some clips of Love Science when I was looking into it a while back. It didn't look like something I would be interested in. Maybe the next one? 

• Heart Eyes 2
5 hours ago, bairama said:

October 17 will be the premiere date! It is coming soon!  @Tofu @JenL

Ohhhhh Thank youuuuu!!! I'm looking forward to this one a lot actually :CharmanderYay:

Also new trailer!

• Star Struck 1
  • Party! 1

1 minute ago, bairama said:

btw the title is September 17! Hahaha October, tofuya 😄

HAHAHA! I just noticed I put September on that one but October on first page. :lmao2:

Yes it'll be on iQIYI which will make watching this so much easier!! :LarvitarSDab1:

• Haha 1
  • Heart Eyes 1

@Tofu These trailers look so good! :heart: I find it interesting that it's a drama encouraging environmental protection. These writers make their stories so meaningful.

The lead actor is growing on me too - he looks good as one of those serious otherwordly creatures :laugh: I found out that the actor sometimes goes by the English name Paul Fu, though he's often refered to by his Chinese name . And he's 34, but only seemed to have works dating back to 2016...so he was a later bloomer? Or mainly a theatre actor?  I've never seen him in any of my dramas, but I also feel he might have done more serious shows rather than fluffy romance. :heiboi:

• Like 2