Rainless Love in a Godless Land 無神之地不下雨 [TW Drama 2021]

Tofu

@JenL I'm not too familiar with him either. It seems like he did some small acting in music videos before landing roles in movies/dramas. So far all the teasers have been good with him!

@bairama @JenL Agreed, definitely seem like it'll touch on how humans affects the environmental/weather. 

Photoshoot of both leads.

002-Sz-TA4gy1gv4k901x62j60u011igrp02.jpg

002-Sz-TA4gy1gv4k91e8gfj60u011e43102.jpg

Spoiler

002-Sz-TA4gy1gv4k90wrwkj60ms0ms4ef02.jpg

Spoiler

002-Sz-TA4gy1gv4k93nttzj60k00oxmzl02.jpg

002-Sz-TA4gy1gv4k938l3oj60u011en0w02.jpg

002-Sz-TA4gy1gv4k91w6hsj60ia0t1tmc02.jpg

Spoiler

002-Sz-TA4gy1gv4k92rgo5j60u011en1o02.jpg

002-Sz-TA4gy1gv4k92b985j60u011en0s02.jpg

• Like 3
2 hours ago, bairama said:

@Tofu the character poster, I thought they will go with purple-ish palette softie with the teaser poster hahahah turns out bang bang with that lime aqua 

They usually release a lot of posters when we get closer to the airing date so I think we'll get more soon. Haha!

We have just a little over a week left until this drama airs, yay!

RLIAGL-18-T.gif

• Like 1
  • Party! 1
  • Tasty 1
20 hours ago, stroppyse said:

The synopsis for this drama seems so sad as does the title. Is this drama a straight up tragedy, possibly of the earth as well as the OTP?

Haha, I have no idea! The last drama the scriptwriter wrote had an open ending that was happy -- considering the storyline for that drama it was the best ending for it. Will you watch this with us, @stroppyse? They only air one episode a week. 

• Like 3
On 10/12/2021 at 11:47 AM, Tofu said:

Haha, I have no idea! The last drama the scriptwriter wrote had an open ending that was happy -- considering the storyline for that drama it was the best ending for it. Will you watch this with us, @stroppyse? They only air one episode a week. 

I'm kind of leery of sad things right now, and have been for a long time now, I guess. It's just that RL has so much sadness, that I don't want to start knowing that I'm going to cry.

Perhaps if you tell me that the drama isn't like that at all....

• Haha 3
5 hours ago, stroppyse said:

Perhaps if you tell me that the drama isn't like that at all....

Haha! I have no idea, but if the first episode is good and doesn't seem like it'll turn sad, I'll tag you! 

They must have had a press conference? These are new photos of the cast. 

• Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 1
On 10/15/2021 at 5:16 AM, Tofu said:

These photos of them are so lovely, how can they not be the main leads?

oh wowwww Alice 😍😍

actually my heart is so excited when watch the trailer and look her creepy then grand! Hahaha

so the grandmother of Goblin feels, but not really, because story wise its more in social issue. I like it

• Like 4

G O O D  V I B E S  

♪ click me below for my cw, edits, about 

d r a m a s a f f a i r . c a r r d . c o 

@Tofu I watched the 20 min trailer...which looked so good...but I also slightly regret it because I feel like it gave away most of the story?! :thinking: But I guess the hook in is whether or not he can save her and their love can continue or at least be remembered. But everything looks beautiful and I'm excited because today is D-Day!!!  :CharmanderYay::CharmanderYay::Party01::Party01:

(Though I guess I'll watch tomorrow because I assume that's when it'll be avaliable where I watch)

I also think the main male lead is growing on me fast with his brooding vibes. Who knows, I might even adopt him :laugh:

On 10/15/2021 at 9:39 PM, mademoiselle said:

Have they worked together before? They seem to be friends already. I do like how chatty they are, especially Joe lol.

https://fb.watch/8F4PwCB9hX/

Not sure if they've ever worked together before, but welcome back to the charm that is the Taiwanese Acting industry :CharmanderYay: It's so rare for actors not to have this sort of rapport in TW Ent world - it's just that general friendliness in their culture and I guess the industry is quite small so even if they haven't worked together, they still kinda run in the same circles. I love that they seem to be more casual and less super guarded when they interview. Also I find Taiwanese behind the scenes to be more funny since they're always pretending to be their characters or pranking each other etc and they're usually more chill with sharing stuff on Instagram - both cast chemistry wise and promoting in fan service ways :BulbaOWO: I have missed this!

2 hours ago, bairama said:

oh wowwww Alice 😍😍

actually my heart is so excited when watch the trailer and look her creepy then grand! Hahaha

so the grandmother of Goblin feels, but not really, because story wise its more in social issue. I like it

Totally agree. I am loving this evil or less-good Alice :pandaevil:

Also the series does give me Goblin vibes too, but yeah, I'm interested in this rain mythology and I like the idea of the demise of humans in a potential apocalyptic future :BulbaOWO: It makes for a more interesting story as opposed to the part in Goblin which has never made sense to me = the fact that some 'betrayal' which was not that bad (when you think of dictators and serial killers etc) led to a person being turned into a Goblin for a gazillion years :HaunterOK:

• Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 2

Currently watching: Doctor Slump // Queen of Tears // The Impossible Heir

Current Obsessions: ❤ Lee Jae wook // Park Hyung Sik // Yoon Park

Podcast: These Dramatic Days

@JenL I saw the 21 mins highlight trailer too. The moment Joe appears on screen, it look so much better xDDD I stopped watching his dramas after Love or Bread with Ariel Lin and he went to China. He must have gotten a lot better after going to China. Hahaha.

I don't quite understand (from the trailer) why ML (Orad?) had to appear and save FL when she was young, and continue to appear before her when she was in high school if he knew it wasn't allowed. :idk: I'm sure there's a reason to that... btw, I thought the "kawas" and "kakarayan" sounded like Malay hahaha.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I have started! A bit slow on getting my thoughts down. Is it 1 Episode or 2 Episodes a week??? I was looking forward to my slow 1 ep a week schedule coming back :lol:

Episode 1

I'm so happy to be back in Tw Ent world again! And this series is so clear and pretty looking. I'm liking the backgrounds and sets for the drama. I'm also liking that this drama looks at the beliefs of the indigenous Taiwanese people and environmental issues. :BulbaOWO:

I'm really liking the main actor, Fu Meng Po who plays Orad, not sure what it is about him...maybe he's just so good at looking deep and brooding :laugh: He has a very godly aura about him. At first I was like, meh, when they selected him for lead. But now I see that he fits this mysterious, timeless and emotionless role very well :heart: Also crushing hard on the evil/ mischievous Alice!!! Those red eyes make her look so cool and she can play cheeky very well! :cool: I'm not as into Joanne Tseng's character, Hsieh Tian Di...I think because she seems a little naive? Kooky? But I think she'll grow on me...also I think the chemistry will be fine from what I've seen of the trailer sneak peek.

Looking forward to Greg Hsu's cameo! Lots of other familiar faces like Vera Yen, Yao Yao etc. Also I think that little Hsieh Tian Di is little Huang Yu Xuan from Someday or One Day?

The story is ok so far - It's a bit hard with feel fully into fanstasy dramas from the very start though (even though I like fantasy) - there's lots of new words and names you have to follow. And I'm feeling a little cringey about there being a summoning song....feels a little Frozen-like :BulbaConfused: Not sure why all the Kawas need to leave Earth before the end of days...but I guess they just go out to the godly world :idk:

On 10/17/2021 at 3:54 PM, mademoiselle said:

btw, I thought the "kawas" and "kakarayan" sounded like Malay hahaha.

Hahaha I thought so too! I guess because the words seem to be from the language of the indigenous Taiwanese people :yayaya:

2 hours ago, Tofu said:

More photos of the cast -- their off screen chemistry is 

I love thissss....I miss TW Ent cast chemistries. I always love watching them chilling off screen - they actually make it look so much fun to be actors. :heart:

• Heart Eyes 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

9 hours ago, JenL said:

Is it 1 Episode or 2 Episodes a week???

I think it's only one episode a week but I was a little surprised to see two episodes. Maybe they started off with two episodes during the first week and it'll be one episode going forward?

9 hours ago, JenL said:

He has a very godly aura about him.

YES!! He does, doesn't he? I sense that just by watching all the clips of him walking. :laugh:

9 hours ago, JenL said:

Also crushing hard on the evil/ mischievous Alice!!!

When she first appeared and was scaring little Tian Di, I laughed but was a little bit creeped out when the little girl closed the closet door and you just see her appear too! :lettalKWA:

9 hours ago, JenL said:

And I'm feeling a little cringey about there being a summoning song....feels a little Frozen-like

Haha! Yeah, I feel the same. The song reminded me a little bit of the songs in Moana. Haha!

OST. =)

• Heart Eyes 2

Episode 2

I think it's official - I love Orad :wow: I feel like it's this damn 'God' who is cursed to love a human type character that gets to me. For context, I also loved Gong Yoo in Goblin and Mike He in The Devil Punisher though I didn't enjoy either drama. I'm finding this drama better than it's similar predecessors, though there's still elements that are a bit shakey. :heiboi:

Like Someday or One Day, this drama is so beautiful with it's shooting locations and production quality. It makes me miss Taiwan a lot :letalQQ: In terms of the fantasy side, I like that they have based the story on the indigenous Gods, but cringe a little at the modernisation with the office. It kind of reminds me too much of The Devil Punisher and I'm not sure that I fully buy into the magic of all. :idk:

BUT I am buying into the romance, haha. I like how Orad has been by her side all these years and all their interactions have been super sweet. It's kinda weird in the human time line but it's the same as all fantasy stories like Goblin etc with an immortal being and human I guess. Orad's very gentle and mild nature, combined with his broody sadness and the fact that he's the rain god makes me like him alot! I like Tian's Di character a bit more with episode 2. Still not fond of the kookiness...but her tragic backstory and those flashbacks of her in the past are nice. I feel like when the comedy is dialed down, her character is quite likeable. :wow: I wonder why her grandmother abandoned her? Maybe it's because she claimed to see Kawas...like Alice's demon character? :thinking: 

I also really love devil Alice:pandaevil:

I feel like the acting is the strongest between Alice, Joe and Fu  Meng Po (Orad) :heart:

• Insightful 1
  • Clapping Hands 2